• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,046 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,046

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Twenty-Eight (Revised)

My life is like the premiere of a great movie, except no one came to see it but me. It’s not like people didn’t want to. Oh no, people would pay top dollar just to see a glimmer. To see the movie from commercials. To see the Grand Tale of deception, romance, hardship and pain.

But I can’t let them see it. I can’t let people see the things I do. The things I’ve done. The blood I’ve spilt. The pain I’ve endured. My mind was stuck is the curse of Traveling and my soul was forced to bare the scars.

A man once said, I wear the chains I forged in life…I made it link by link, yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it. Well, my chains are nearly as long as his. The weight has never left my shoulders, they always sag. Never reach their fullest potential.

I know that some of the links are meaningless. Made of fake fears I have hid behind. But the others couldn’t be more real. The fears are real, the evil deeds forever engraved onto my soul.

Now, the chains have received more links. Some about finally letting the people I care for down. Some about failing my daughter, letting her get dragged into my problems. The heaviest was betrayal. My betrayal. To everyone.

The answer was clear in my mind as I looked down at the picture before me. Darcy Anderson. A lost soul cursed to lay dormant until I deemed fit. Her crimes nearly outweighed mine. Sadly, I can say I have done far worse than her.

She may have killed lives, but I have destroyed souls. I have crushed people of their life and the laughter that lived in each of them. Stripped them of what made them special and put in place something that almost didn’t resemble a human.

Darcy was the most honest person I knew (Applejack is a pony). Meanwhile, I had to lie my ass of daily. It’s almost like I’m made to be a pathological liar. Lies protect my heart from my chains. Lies protect my soul from the scars. Lies protect me, just as I protect them.

I’m the opposite of the Elements of Harmony. I lie to everyone I know. My loyalty can only hold for so long without breaking. I cannot be kind without a fake persona. Sometimes, even the greatest of tortures make me laugh at the tortured. I keep my belongings close. And friendship...

Friendship is just another lie. How can I compare to the Mane 6? How did I earn the girls I called friends? Caroline, how did I become friends with her? Why did I finally give in to my heart’s desires? Anna, Lauren, Becca, Maddie. Each I have lied to one way or another.

My parents, they too have tried to break down my walls. Nearly succeeding if the fake fears hadn’t taken over. My family, all having been lied to.

And my daughter...my sweet innocent daughter that did nothing wrong. She was dragged into all of this. Her blissful life was gone now, she would only see what lies her mother had told her. The life I lived without her. She would question my words. Even in her nightmare, I heard her scream my name and saw the tears fall as I knew I didn’t save her.

My sister knew my lies. She knew them well, and held them just as tightly. Betraying her was a terrible sin. None should ever forgive me for this. It’ll be the force that finally pushes everyone away. They will be safe. My sister might not forgive me, and it’ll handle all of my problems.

“I know, it sounds confusing. But let me explain some more about Darcy before you start to judge.” I began.

“Darcy?” Caroline asked.

I winced. “So. Girls. Remember Killjoy?”

All of them widened their eyes. Dash frowned, glaring.

“Your crazy twin sister, yeah.” Dash said. “What? Is she almost here?”

Caroline groaned.

“You said it.” Anna mumbled to herself. “You said she had a secret twin.”

Caroline ran her hands over her face. “I didn’t think it was true!”

“How do you have a twin?” Anna asked. “Your parents-”

“-didn’t know about my daughter either.” I reminded her. “The ponies knew her as Killjoy. I met her in Child’s Play. The horror movies I like? Yeah, she’s from there. I told her about my powers. We- We were friends.”

Lilac mumbled.

“She helped me raise her.” I recalled. “Darce was, for lack of better term, my twin. The perfect twin.”

My fingers brushed in my daughter’s hair.

“She was evil, though.”

==DMLE==

Avoiding another fist, I kept moving back a forth. All of my hits were deflected and used against me. It was like Darcy knew my moves and how to use them against me.

Well, that was because she did.

“Darce, you don’t have to do this!” I yelled as I tried to block another hit, we were getting close to the fan. If I focused enough I could hear thunder booming outside.

“You don’t get it Morgue, I have to do this.”

Morgue, Darcy had given me the nickname. I would wear it with pride but now it felt like an insult. An insult to our friendship. Like she was spitting on it.

“The bloodshed has to stop! I can’t keep living with the guilt you pass onto me!”

Darcy was like my other half, we were the same person just split. I got all the painful emotions, she got the darker ones.

“It’ll stop Morgue when the movie stops.” Darcy had gripped my arm, pulled me close to her. “Or when you die.”

Hating the pain of death, I did the only thing I could think of as I was almost hung over the edge, the huge fan just below us. I pushed Darcy away.

Into the fan.

“AAAAHHHHH!”

“NO!” It was too late, by the time I looked down I saw the red of Darcy and plastic remains of Chucky. Both stuck in the fan’s workings.

==DMLE==

They all stood there for a moment, letting my words sink in.

“You killed her?” Rainbow Dash asked. I nodded. “How do we get help from a dead girl?”

“In the Movie, the doll always comes back. Even after Child’s Play 3 and he looked like a puzzle gone wrong he came back. Twice. Darcy was no different...”

==DMLE==

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Was that really her?

Across the room, stood a doll. Her black hair was crazy long. She was dressed like a biker, a purple necklace with the charm ‘lil sis’ rested on it. Her eyes, were the same shade of purple as Darcy’s.

“Darce?” I asked.

The doll’s head nodded.

A hand went up to my mouth. She was a doll.

“What are you here to do?”

*slink*

The doll was now holding a knife.

“Darce, Lilac wouldn’t want you to do this. What if she was here right now?” I asked.

“Morgue she would’ve left you when you pushed me into the fan!”

I cringed. Nightmares haunted me for weeks after that.

“You were about to do the same to me. I didn’t want to die again Darce.” I explained to my doll-ified sister.

“I don’t care! You still killed me and it’s only fair I return the favor.”

Turning back from the crazed doll, I twisted and turned around all the gravestones in the cemetery..

*whoosh*

*squish*

Something had been lodged into my shoulder, when I tried to look I tripped and landed on the ground.

The knife was pushed into my shoulder.

I tried to reach for the gun I brought with me, but I kept fumbling.

“Just give up Morgue, it’s over.” Doll Darcy explained before jumping at me just as I was starting to get up. During the struggle, she had managed to take the gun and lodge the knife deeper inside me.

“Darce, please.”

“See you in hell.”

*BANG*

Darcy dropped the gun as the bullet hit my chest, quickly flowing blood.

Feeling death slowly approach, I grabbed the gun and pulled the trigger.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

After making sure Darcy was unable to harm anyone else, I let the feeling of death claim me as I heard a woman screaming and a baby’s cry.

==DMLE==

Now they knew, one link’s weight was lifted off but five more took its place.

They stared at me with what I felt was horror. I had seemed like an angel to them. How could I do that to my twin? How could she do that to me?

“After that, I couldn’t go back to those movies. If I wasn’t there, then neither was Darcy. If I stay away long enough, I’ll forget about her. This was my plan, but I realized I don’t have what it took to take Dominic down. Only Darcy could create a plan that would work. Only she had the level of darkness needed to finish the plan and only she had the knowledge of Lilac to know what’s at stake. Fight fire with fire.” I explained to them.

Soon, Twilight reached for my shoulder.

“What do we do once she’s here Morgan?” Twilight asked me, sounding sad.

“We follow her lead. It won’t be easy. Darce is fiercer than Major Payne but she would get the job done. Her methods are strange, yes, but they do work. The only thing I have to do is convince her to help.”

“She’s terrifying, Morgan.” Rarity explained.

“Is it safe to let her here? Not that I wouldn’t want to meet her...” Fluttershy explained.

“Isn’t there some other way?” Twilight asked.

“Darce is terrifying Rarity, it’s what we need. I don’t totally know ‘Shy. And yes, it is the only way. All other plans wouldn’t have the psychotic property to it.” Looking Twilight in the eyes, I made one final statement. “Just, bear with it. Even with Darcy it won’t be easy. She’ll make us work hard- practically to the bone. We’ll get dirty, they’ll be scary creatures, and we will get hurt. Who’s ready?” I stretched a hand out, ready for them to place theirs on it.

The mares, Spike and the two humans exchanged glances. Twilight was the first. “Let’s keep Dominic from doing this to somepony else.”

Rainbow went next. “Nopony hurts my friend and gets away with it.”

“Ah’ll be there ta help a friend in need.” Applejack agreed as she placed her hand on ours.

“This is for Lilac.” Spike said as he placed his hand onto the group.

“Let’s get that Meanie Pants!” Pinkie cheered.

Fluttershy simply placed her hand down, giving me an encouraging smile.

Rarity placed her hand down. “Because you’re my friend and I can’t let this monstrosity go unpunished.”

Anna put her hand in. Caroline sighed before putting her hand in last.

“What can we do?” Anna asked.

“Don’t let my parents in.” I instructed. “Also, put Lilac on that couch.”

PreviousChapters Next