• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,073 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,073

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Seventeen (Revised)

As Caroline walked out the front door, Applejack and Rainbow Dash followed to be reunited with their friends. At the same time, on the other side of the building by the garage, two people exited. You wouldn’t know it was two people when looking. You would see Officer Robert’s patrol car. Nobody was in the back seat, hidden from even the sight of other officers.

The residents of Equestria hugged and cried in relief at seeing their friends. The humans looked back to the station, concerned and troubled.

Dash pulled back from her friends. She saw the concerned expressions first. Her own guard was up. “When is she coming out?”

Caroline glared at the rainbow-haired girl. Dash grimaced at the stare. “You suddenly care about Morgan?”

Dash rolled her eyes, annoyed and aggravated. “It’s not like that! She’s just-”

A police car drove by the group. None of them noticed it.

“Wait where is Morgan?” Twilight asked. “She hasn’t come out yet.”

Caroline’s glare dropped when she turned away from Rainbow Dash. “They said they needed to correct paperwork.” Caroline answered. She looked back again to the station. “I don’t know. It just doesn’t feel right.”

The police car drove further away. It turned out of the parking lot, driving up the road. It left the Equestrians and humans behind, not even noticing them in their escape.

The car drove and drove. Everyone ignored it. Or rather, everyone paid more attention to their own selves because ‘cop- cop- it’s a cop car be cool be cool be cool-’

Robert got by without anyone noticing, or even questioning for a single second what he was doing.


==DMLE==


He drove into the parking lot of an office building. A simple small building, a few stories high made with bricks. A building that clearly existed for a long time, but was well-maintained.

Robert parked the car. He glanced around. The parking lot was full of cars, yes, but nobody was walking about. Robert could- and did- bring the girl in his backseat out.

“Tell me you aren’t doing this in broad daylight.”

Robert whirled around, barely keeping hold of the surprisingly heavy teenage girl. “S-Sir Chamberlin-”

“Lord.” Dominic corrected. He did not roll his eyes, that wouldn’t suit a man of his station. He breathed through his nose, staring down it at Robert’s poor state. “What exactly was your plan? To just walk her in the front door?”

“Sorry! Sorry, Sir- uh Lord-” Robert’s grip on the girl slipped. Robert moved fast to catch her, keeping her in his hold.

Dominic blinked blandly, looking up to the sky. “Drive around the building. She’s not to be seen by the others.”

Robert nodded. “Right. Sorry but-”

“You wasted your chance for questions. Just follow my orders.” Dominic instructed.

Dominic turned on his feet. He walked away from the officer. Dominic walked back inside.

A January breeze blew in from the closing doors, making Dominic all the more grateful for the heated lobby. Few people stood in here, only a single receptionist and a handful of people waiting for meetings with Dominic’s underlings.

Those here for meetings would have a while longer to wait. The Travelers in the building would be working for the next few hours. Dominic made sure all of them had a heavy workload, ensuring that no one would have time to distract him from his mission.

The Traveler Center was no grand building, bigger on the inside like in a film. Everything about it was boring and quiet. Plain brown walls, furniture of muted or dulled colors, a gray linoleum floor. The few plants were fake, tall potted ferns in corners. The walls held only the most basic style posters or framed images.

By design, of course.

If Travelers learned nothing else, it was how to go about the human world unseen. All but one, apparently. Dominic would fix that.

He walked to the elevators. Calling one, Dominic waited for it to arrive. As it came, Dominic thought about the girl being brought in. She would need a heavy lesson, one that would be sure to stick. Dominic spent the better part of the week cleaning up her messes. He would much rather have gone home. Now he had to set this idiot straight, and take care of the characters brought to life.

The elevator dinged.

“Dominic!” A voice greeted, bright and cheerful.

Dominic put on his easiest smile. “Felicity, hello.”

The middle aged woman smiled, stepping aside from the elevator. “Where have you been? You weren’t in your office.”

Dominic stepped in the elevator. He pushed the button for his floor. “Just some work all over the place. You know how it is. Were you waiting long?”

“Only a few minutes. I guessed you were busy, so I thought I’d head out.” Felicity explained. She hugged Dominic’s side. He returned the hug. Her head rested on his shoulder. “Are you busy?”

“Never too busy for you, hun.” Dominic replied. Felicity snorted, whacking his arm. Dominic chuckled. “Ow.”

“I thought we had a conversation about lying to me.” Felicity replied. “It never works.”

“It works plenty!” Dominic argued.

“You’re awful at it.” Felicity teased.

“I think I’m a little good at it.” Dominic countered. “How else would I make the proposal a surprise?”

Felicity hummed. “Okay you had one good lie.”

Dominic laughed. His phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out, glancing on the screen. A text from that cop.

Which room do I take her to again?

Dominic took a deep breath.

Felicity sighed. “Ah. That’s your frustrated face. Is someone screwing up again?”

“Aren’t they always?” Dominic asked. The elevator dinged. Dominic started walking out. He looked back when Felicity didn’t follow. “Everything alright?”

“Yes.” Felicity pulled out her phone. “Just Lila needing help with something. We’ll see you at dinner, okay?”

Dominic nodded. The elevator doors closed. Dominic pulled the phone to his ear.

Sir! Um. Was it- was it the dungeon, or the-”

“The interrogation room! obviously!” Dominic snapped. He hung up, stuffing the phone back into his pocket.


==DMLE==


Robert finished handcuffing the girl to the chair.

Dominic stood by the door, watching.

Robert stood up. He brushed his hands on his pants. “I’ll just-”

Dominic pushed the door open. Robert scurried out. “Keep her absence from being noticed.”

“Yes sir!”

Then, Dominic waited. The dose Robert gave her wasn’t large. She would wake up soon. Unless Robert managed to screw that up too. Robert was impossible to underestimate.

It took only a few minutes more for the girl to wake up. She made no groans or loud noises of pain. Dominic only noticed the small difference in the rise and fall of her breathing.

“Good morning.” Dominic greeted. Best not to let her get too comfortable, or think herself smarter than him. He’d figured what kind of girl she was early on.

The girl didn’t move or react.

Whatever places she had gone, they trained her well. Dominic knew very little of the places she’d visited, aside from the obvious rainbow unicorn land. Dominic wouldn’t underestimate her though. She was crafty enough to actually get those things out of prison, and mostly under the radar.

But not completely.

That meant problems. Dominic’s job was to fix those kinds of problems.

“How did you sleep?” Dominic asked. “I hope our accommodations suite your tastes.”

The rattle of handcuffs.

“What kind of cuffs?” The girl asked in a flat voice.

“The good kind.” Dominic replied. While he had no doubts she could pick the lock, Dominic didn’t want to give her an advantage. “But they aren’t your primary concern.”

The girl glanced up at him. Dominic wouldn’t let himself be intimidated by those eyes. He’d seen them in pictures. He saw them earlier, with her lying in a hospital bed. They weren’t intimidating now- staring at him from across a dimly lit room, herself handcuffed to a chair. They were just eyes. Dominic never liked that color.

“And what is?” The girl asked.

Dominic grinned.

The girl said nothing. Dominic watched as she started scanning the chair holding her down. All without once moving her head or body.

Already, showing herself leagues ahead of other idiotic teenagers.

She seemed satisfied with her search. She stopped, staring up at Dominic patiently. He would almost regret having to do this. If she was just that little bit smarter, Dominic would consider hiring her.

Pity that she was too much of a liability.

“Have you figured it out yet?” Dominic asked.

The girl stared silently.

“Good.” He stepped forward. The light overhead would shine down on him, casting his face in shadow before her. The girl didn’t so much as bat an eye. “How many have you told about your abilities? Don’t be cute. Direct answers.”

Silent again.

“I’m not feeling picky.” Dominic remarked. “I’d already be getting rid of the characters. What’s a few more people?”

The girl’s eyes hardened further. From flat staring, to a hard warning.

“Just give me names.” Dominic ordered. “They won’t be harmed if you cooperate. I just need their names.”

“Liar.” The girl replied.

Dominic grinned. “What am I lying about?”

“You’ll kill them whether I help or not.” The girl reasoned. “You just want me to be complicit.”

“That’s a very big word.” Dominic noted. “Do you even know what it means?”

“You want me to suffer first.” The girl replied. Dominic paused. “If I told people, that would mean I trust them. That I would be harmed seeing them harmed. You’d want to hurt me- badly.

Dominic hummed. “My, my. Are you expecting me to believe a teenage girl like you said nothing?”

“Believe what you want. It’s a free country.” The girl argued.

“I said I wouldn’t hurt them. Why wouldn’t I keep my word?” Dominic asked.

“You said I had 24 hours.” The girl reminded him.

Dominic held up a finger. “As long as you kept quiet. Did you keep it quiet?”

“Yes.” The girl argued.

Dominic clicked his tongue, shaking his head. “Not quiet enough, actually.”

“No. It was quiet. Nobody knew anything. I made sure of it.” The girl stated- sounding more convinced with every word.

“Police tend to notice when a teenage girl comes to collect other teenage girls.” Dominic pointed out.

“We’ll you wouldn’t have liked me hiring adults as parents, or of breaking them out at night.” The girl countered. “Walking in the front door was my best bet.”

“Pity.” Dominic came forward, leaning down to better show off his smug grin. “Still not enough.” He reached a hand up to grab her shoulder. “Now. I believe I asked for names.” He squeezed.

The girl’s face tightened in a stern frown.


==DMLE==


The door slammed shut behind him. Dominic let out a breath, squaring his shoulders back.

He eyed his wrist. Blood dotted on his sleeve. He walked toward the elevator. As Dominic waited for the elevator, he pulled out his phone.

“Hey Mac?” Dominic asked. “Start up a scan. I’m gonna search for a criminal’s Createds.”

PreviousChapters Next