• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,074 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,074

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Ten (Revised)

Saying that it was a landing was nearly insulting all other kinds of landing. Plus from how I was- falling?- coming here, there should be a much bigger crater than the one currently there. Meaning, there wasn’t a crater there!

For all purposes, I had just appeared in the hall of the Royal Pony Sisters in Canterlot.

“RASPBERRY STARDUST?!”

Looking up, it was clear that the two Royal alicorns had noticed me. To their credit, neither alicorn panicked at the sight of me. So I did the only logical thing to do in these circumstances.

Pushing myself to my feet, I stumbled slightly. My hoof went up to my head, forming a perfect salute. “Princesses! How goes the day?” The salute fell, flowing into a perfect bow.

Luna flew up to me. Her horn was glowing a dangerous blue. “WHAT HATH THOU DONE TO THE BEARERS OF THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY!"

Her yell was so loud it blew back my mane. Yes- mane once again. A quick check showed it was the same blue and silver curly mess of before. Sweet- this trick hadn’t ruined any part of the body. I had to make a note of that if I was ever stupid enough to do this again.

“SPEAK AT THE COMMAND OF YOUR PRINCESS!” Luna ordered.

‘Right- should probably focus on this first.’ Putting on a bigger smile, I kept myself bowed.

Thankful to be given a chance to speak, I began.

With a gut wrenching scream.

I never said the process of becoming a pony or some other shape was a happy process. Bones need to bones moved. Muscles rearranged. It’s the worst as a pony. But usually I have some time to place a small silence spell before screaming my lungs out as the pain of shifting hits me.

After about five seconds (it felt like 5 minutes) of screaming I made sure I was able to talk with the princesses.

“Sorry. Sometimes the process is painful." I explained to them. They were staring at me with wide eyes. “You didn't exactly give me time to use the spell I needed to decrease the pain so I don't scream as loudly.”

Celestia seemed to recover her wits first. Luna’s horn flared in magic.

Celestia flew up to her sister’s side. She stood just a step ahead, to keep Luna from attacking and no doubt to also let me know she was in charge of the conversation now. Luna’s magic quieted down.

“Raspberry Stardust. Where are the Bearers of Harmony?” She insisted.

“Twilight Sparkle stumbled on an untested spell- well untested by anypony but me. All of them are fine, including Spike. It shows her credit that she brought them over in one piece!”

“Twilight did what?”

“There was a spell in my house in a box hidden under my bed. To my understanding, the lot of them snuck into my house with the intent to search for me at Luna’s suggestion. When they couldn’t find me that started searching for a guess as to why. Twilight found the spell I had been testing. She tested it herself, transporting herself and her fellow Bearers as well as Spike to- someplace else.” I explained.

“And you returned alone?” Celestia pointed out. “You said they were alright, yes? Are they still?”

A wince wanted to come out. I kept it at bay. “Celestia. I’m in a bit of a tiff with them. As I said, the spell had only been tested by myself. Even then the spell had...side effects I hadn’t expected. I was hoping to give it more testing before revealing it. I only wrote it down so I wouldn’t use it by accident! Turns out all I had to do was put it in Twilight’s path! Then, they all blamed me for it!”

The argument was getting me worked up again. I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

“They’re all okay. All together, no injuries, just shaken up by the spell.” I assured her.

Celestia gave me a kind smile. It was the kind that would make people feel better. Right now though I was getting reminded of Dumbledore. “That’s a relief. Now, why have you come back alone?” Celestia kept up that nice smile, but I knew she probably wanted to cause bodily harm.

“To...make sure the spell-”

“The truth, Raspberry Stardust.” Celestia ordered in a much less friendly tone.

It was only from decades of dealing with this kind of thing that kept me from swallowing in a reflex of fear. “I was in trouble. So I tried to escape with the first spell that came to mind.”

Celestia nodded in acceptance. “You will be able to return?”

“It might take a few hours, but yes.” I tailored my answer to keep my own powers secret. Even though they’d be exposed as soon as the Mane 6 returned, I’d gone too long in this life to avoid falling back in the routine. “If it’s possible-”

“Oh don’t worry. We’ll have a room made for you here.” Celestia explained. Behind her, Luna fumed. Her magic came back around her horn.

“No, no. I can’t stay. I need to get back to Ponyville.” I explained. “Please- it’s important!”

“Whatever you need in Ponyville, it shall be brought-”

“They left Lilac alone!” I argued at them.

The Princesses paused.


==DMLE==


Lilac wasn’t often home alone. She was a big girl, though. She’d turned seven a few months ago! She was big!

That didn’t make it any less scary. Her mommy’s friends had left a long time ago...her mommy hadn’t come back either.

It was scary in her house. It was so dark. Mommy didn’t like it when she was home alone. She told Lilac if she was ever alone at home to go to Miss Fluttershy’s, except Miss Fluttershy had left with the others.

Lilac was all alone.

It...it was scary.

What was she gonna do?

She curled up in her mommy’s bed, clutching tightly to the blankets around her and a stuffed toy to her chest.

She wanted her mommy very badly.


==DMLE==


Lilac was the most important person in my life.

When I had first appeared in this reality, I’d found her in my house. She had been saying that I was her mother. Apparently the backstory I had in this world including hatching a dragon’s egg.

She was important. She was everything.

She was seven years old.

Home.

Alone.

The Princesses quickly understood why I was so desperate to go back to Ponyville.

“Yes.” Celestia nodded her head. “Of course. We can send you on your way. The child has gone through much on this night.”

I relaxed. “Thank you, Princesses.”


==DMLE==


When they said they were taking me Ponyville, they meant it. I flew there while sitting on Celestia’s back!

Apparently something to knock off the bucket list that I hadn’t even known was on the bucket list.

That being said- I was equal parts terrified and elated. When we landed just outside of my house in Ponyville some time later, I was distantly disappointed that it was over. Next chance I had, I should ask about that.

But it was just after I had that thought I knew something was more important.

I jumped off Celestia’s back. Without even waiting for them I ran to my house.

“LILAC!”

“MOMMY!” Came from inside the house.

Throwing the door open with magic, I rushed inside. There was panicked running from upstairs.

The little dragon appeared on the stairs. She was maybe an inch shorter than Spike. Her scales were the same color as her namesake. Except the ones on her head, those were a dark blue. Her eyes had that same blue, and they were watering.

She let out a sob. I ran up to her. She continued crying as I pulled her into a hug, holding her tight. Lilac kept letting out whimpering sobs as she let herself be held.

She was okay.

Lilac was okay.

“It’s okay. I’m here now.” I assured her, brushing down on her back. Lilac continued on with her tears. “That’s right- it’s okay. I’m here now. Let it out, it’s okay.”


==DMLE==


Outside, Celestia and Luna heard the sobs. Though they were concerned for their little ponies, they were at least relieved for the sake of the Stardusts.

PreviousChapters Next