• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,621 Views, 27 Comments

Just Another Perfect Day - tmz112



A short story of my favorite pairing, Appledash.

  • ...
18
 27
 1,621

Just Another Perfect Day

The rays of Celestia's glorious sun showered Sweet Apple Acres with warmth. The land was home to rows and rows of apple trees and the fruits upon them were distributed to every corner of Equestria in one shape or another. And it was the job of a certain family to do such a thing: The Apple Family.

Sweet Apple Acres is an apple farm that resides near Ponyville, a small town filled with goodhearted ponies. The small town is also home to six of Equestria's most famous ponies, the Elements of Harmony. All of them are each others' best friends and have been through thick and thin, whether it be stopping a parasprite infestation or battling some of Equestria's most dangerous and powerful enemies. Some of these foes include the devilishly clever spirit of chaos, Discord. Another would be Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings, who attempted to take over Canterlot and eventually all of Equestria. However, she was stopped by the love of a mare and a stallion, not the Element bearers. Yes, the ponies of Harmony have indeed fought some of the deadliest things alive. One of these ponies, in fact, lives in a rustic, red house on Sweet Apple Acres that is home to her family that watch over the land.

There are four ponies who live on this land. Firstly, there is Granny Smith, matriarch of the Apple Family. Despite getting older (and some ponies even thinking delusional) she still actively bakes apples into pies, fritters, strudels, and any other form she can think of. And when she's not baking (or napping), she's watching over her three grandchildren that live on the farm with her.

Second of the Apple Family to live on the farm is the young filly Applebloom. Applebloom, too young to applebuck as much as her brother and sister, spends her time with her Cutie Mark Crusader friends, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo, attempting to get their cutie marks.

Thirdly, we have the muscle of the Apple Family, Big Macintosh. Big Mac is known as being extremely strong, but also as quiet as a mouse. Some speculate that the silent giant is a genius, able to solve the most difficult of mathematical formulas and invent the most ingenious machines of engineering. However, others just see him as a simple pony who enjoys hard work like applebucking.

Finally, we come to Applejack, a hardworking, down-to-earth mare. She's strong, has a large amount of stamina, and she's even the Element of Honesty. She is also known as one of the most dependable ponies you'll ever meet. The straw blonde mare on most days can be found on the farm, bucking the apples off the trees or doing her daily chores. Today, however, she was vacant from the orchards when she should of be working. Today, Applejack decided, was a good day to be lazy with somepony. Her favorite somepony.

Under the shade of a towering apple tree, Applejack resided with a cyan coated pegasus. Her favorite pegasus, Rainbow Dash. In Applejack's eyes, she was a prismatic beauty with fur the same color as the sky. Rainbow was a weather pony of the small town, Ponyville. She was also known as one of the most laziest, but loyalest of ponies. And sometimes her laziness would rub off.

The two ponies laid upon the ground together, Rainbow having her wing around Applejack holding her as close as possible. Applejack reveled in the feel of Rainbow's soft, warm cyan fur. The wing around AJ was strong and majestic, draped around her in a protective manner. AJ loved the feel of the soft, beautiful appendages. She sometimes wished she had wings so she could soar through the sky with her love and perform aerial stunts. However, such was impossible, except for a temporary spell, and she was just fine with watching the beautiful pegasus dive and glide throughout the air.

Applejack sighed in contentment, happy with her current situation. Her peaceful bliss was interrupted by a soft, tomcoltish voice.

"So, how does it feel to be lazy?"

Applejack slightly chuckled and heard the same from the bashful pegasus. It was true that she rarely took a day off from working and even when given a chance to relax for a day, she'd still work. The laziness of the pegasus, however, was contagious.

Applejack turned to face the pegasus. When she did, she stared into her beautiful, magenta eyes. Applejack swore she could get lost in those things. Rainbow stared back into Applejack's equally amazing emerald eyes.

"Ah'll be honest sugarcube, it feels pretty darn good. Most days, Ah'd be workin' mah flank off in the orchards, but sometimes..."

Applejack softly kissed Rainbow Dash. It wasn't intense or racey, it was a simple kiss that perfectly conveyed their love for each other. Rainbow returned the kiss and they held it for a few seconds. As they pulled away, Applejack gave Rainbow a smile filled with happiness and contentedness.

"Sometimes, there's a good reason to be lazy. And you, sugarcube, are one of the best, and cutest, reasons Ah've found for it."

Rainbow returned the same smile Applejack was conveying and nuzzled her neck.

"I love you, AJ."

Applejack fought back a tear as she returned the gesture.

"Ah love you too, RD."

Applejack sighed with contentment once again.

"Just another perfect day."

"Agreed."

"Eeyup."

Applejack and Rainbow Dash quickly looked to Big Mac, who was seated leaning against the apple tree they were taking shade under. Applejack's eye twitched.

"Big Mac, what're ya' doing here?!? And how in the hay did we not notice ya'!"

The giant red stallion shrugged in response and smiled at his sister and her marefriend.

"Ah get to be lazy too."

The two mares looked at eachother for a brief moment before bursting out laughing. After a second, Big Mac chimed in with his deep voiced chuckle.

"Eeyup, just another perfect day."

Comments ( 27 )

(Joke) Alt. Title: Just Another Perfect Day For Pairing Rainbow Dash And Applejack
Ah, yes, another Japplecrash fiction.

Ah, such perfect days :ajsmug::heart::rainbowdetermined2:

P.S. Screw all the downvotes! This story is great.

rows and rows of sweet, delicious apples
apple TREES

It is also home to six of Equestria's most famous ponies
You're referencing S.A.A. in the previous sentence which leads this one to indicate S.A.A. as well when you actually mean ponyville

been through thick and thin whether it be stopping
Captain Comma, we need youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

chaotic and devilishly clever spirit of chaos
is there a non-chaotic spirit of chaos?

lives in a rustic, red house on Sweet Apple Acres that is home to her family that watch over the land of Sweet Apple Acres
argh, it hurts.

down to earth
down-to-earth

one of the most dependable ponies you'll ever meet
I'll never meet her oh god world why are you so crueeeeeeeeeel :ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy:

cyan furred pegasus
Fur? FUR?! It's a coat. Coat!

Her favorite pegasus, Rainbow Dash.
Captain, our sentences need completion!

Applejack sighed in content,
contentment

slightly chuckled and her the same
heard?

The laziness of the pegasus
You know, I'm just a little offended at the idea of Dash as lazy. It's more like...more like...she's a bit of a procrastinator, but she'll whup the tar out any task she has to when the time comes

Well heck there, sugarcube, this here story went and got itself a little short! S'pose that's okay, but... aw hay, forget it.

Very, very well written. Seriously you done a really good job on this short, one-shot and I can't wait to see what else you have, the only error I notice is the elements of harmony should be caplized with the e and h of the words, you know? Other then that it was amazing.:twilightsmile:

2027543 Wow your pretty picky. And RD is pretty damn lazy. Lets not try and give her a pass when she hardly does a thing.
Coat? Coat of fur? Fur coat? I'll bet all the fur on my OC's coat that it really isn't a big deal.

2027689
Oh no! Someone is pointing out things that could be improved! better DOWNRATE!

2027703 Holy hell someone criticizing menial issues! Better uprate.

2027706
If you don't want a story to be the best it can be, why post it here at all? Sorry, I happen to think that just about everything can do with a little improvement. I consider everything I posted to be a valid, reasonable point (particularly the comma issues, of which the story needs several edits), and if you want to believe it's somehow perfect, well, go for it. /Shrug :duck:

2027713 That gets you an upvote. I like your stories by the way. They inspire me to be better than you :trixieshiftleft: . How can I be condescending when I'm so far behind? JOKING.

2027719
NOT SURE IF SERIOUS.
No, but really, sure, it's picky, but it's not like it's being picky about things that are all that hard to change. Just a few comma insertions and a couple different word choices would eliminate most of those complaints. It's just some basic editing. Can't get all that angry about something like that.

fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/131/8/5/fluttershy_hug_by_c_h_loboguerrero_c-d4yld5a.png

............Whenever people describe Applejack the way author did it makes me want to pull her out of a television set and choke her an apple. There I said it! Smug bastard.

2027744
I do appreciate the feedback. Sorry for all the errors, I probably should of gone over it again to proofread it.

2027838
No need to apologize
I find one thing that helps is stepping back for 15+ minutes, reading through the whole thing in edit mode while actually speaking aloud every line. Helps point out things that sound odd

2027842
That was extremely helpful, thanks so much.

this is amazingly writin keep going please its wonderfull :heart:

Cute. This sorta reminds me of my own first attempts at shipping.

2027543
Actually, there was a non-chaotic spirit of Chaos. He thought it would be more unexpected that way. Fritz was never late for an appointment, but man was he ever a lousy poker player....

2028409
Thank you very much. :pinkiesmile:

2028455
Wow, you commented on my story, that's awesome. Also, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

2028697 Trust me, it's a very good thing. I mean, I'm famous on the internet now. That's, like, the equivalent of owning a Starbucks in real life.

2028785
Man, I was all wrong. I thought it was awesome because you're a great writer but now that I know you're the equivalent to a Starbucks owner, I feel honored.

Very nice story, short to the point but still left me with a grin and a need to sit under a tree.....to bad all the trees are empty because its the middle of winter...guess I just have to wait

why would one downvote this

Login or register to comment