• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 2,157 Views, 24 Comments

Consequences - IndieDK



Twilight Sparkle recieves a letter from her mentor of an urgent manner, but soon it leads her wrapped up in a revolution that will affect more than one kingdom.

  • ...
6
 24
 2,157

Lost

The train came to a lurching stop. Twilight waited until the car was empty so set herself back on the ground. In order to avoid a crowd, she performed the ghostwalking spell once again and exited the train car via the wall. The still-invisible unicorn carefully made her way through the crowd, unnoticed, and headed straight for the castle in the middle of the Empire.

Surely Shining Armor and Cadence will help me. They have to. They love me, right? Twilight made her way through Equestrians and Crystal Ponies and stopped as she reached the castle. Shining Armor was quickly building up an army of the fittest Crystal Ponies, and his military experience helped greatly. Luckily, the Crystal Ponies wouldn’t notice Twilight walking through them, so she simply performed that action.

Twilight entered the castle and wandered around until she reached the throne room. Shining Armor sat alone in the throne room, him in one throne, and an empty throne next to him. Cadence must be out doing something else. But seeing her brother again wasn’t the first thing on her mind.

Instead came the memories of what happened, starting with that room. Twilight had simply remembered Celestia using dark magic as an example of what Sombra’s power could do, and could suddenly wield dark magic. Then, then was the moment she did the one thing that changed her destiny. She used dark magic on her beloved assistant, Spike.

How did Princess Celestia know? Spike and I were the only ones there, and Spike would never tell Princess Celestia… or would he? No… we made a promise to never even think about it again. But, I’m thinking about it right now. But Spike was more attached to me ever since, so why would he tell Princess Celestia something like that?

Snap out of it, Twilight. Spike would never, ever tell anyone… right?

Twilight remembered her goal and threw off her cloaking spell and ghostwalking spell at once. The prince of the Crystal Empire jumped as Twilight suddenly appeared before him. He blinked, and then Shining Amor ran up to his sister and embraced her.

“Twily! I’m so glad to see you!” He had a look of relief and worry on his face.

“Shining, I need your help. Princess Celestia must have gone crazy or something because she’s…”

Shining Armor finished Twilight’s sentence for her. “… She’s trying to kill you?” Shining Armor lowered his head in shame. “I received a letter from Celestia telling me everything.” He paused and looked up. “Is it true? Did you really use… it… on Spike?”

Twilight couldn’t deny it. “I… I…” Tears began to form in her eyes. “I apologized and everything! We promised to keep it a secret, but I don’t know anymore! I never meant to do it!” Twilight could feel her legs about to give out. She looked at her brother.

His face contorted into an expression of disgust, fear, and anger. “Twilight, I can’t let you stay in the Crystal Empire.”

“Shining, please…” Twilight began to back away.

“There’s no excuse for what you’ve done, Twilight.” Shining Armor began to approach her. “You saw what the last unicorn who came to the Crystal Empire did to the land.” His horn began to glow. “I’m going to give you a chance to run before Celestia gets here. Maybe you’ll find a place to live and survive, but it won’t be here. I just can’t let you stay here.”

Twilight turned and saw the throne room begin to flood with Equestrian Guards and Crystal Guards. She looked back past Shining Armor and at the thrones behind him. She knew what she had to do. Twilight’s horn glowed for a moment, then the room went black. There was a creaking noise, the noise of hoofsteps, then the sound of a closing door.

The lights came on, and the soldiers were dumbfounded. Twilight had simply disappeared.

Twilight hid under the floor, but she could see what the ponies on the other side were doing. She scanned the room above her for something to distract the guards with – and Shining Armor. Her eyes lay upon the chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

A devilish grin spread across Twilight’s face as her horn glowed and a faint light began to surround the chandelier. Works every time. The light was enough to bring attention to the chandelier, and every pony in the room found themselves competing over one chandelier. They wanted it. They needed it. Twilight cast a cloaking spell and emerged from the floor without care. She cast a ghostwalking spell to make her escape that much easier. Before Twilight left, she was curious to watch.

It’s one thing to see a village full of ponies of different physiques fighting over a doll. It’s a whole different thing watching a bunch of ponies, all trained soldiers, fighting over a chandelier, which began to turn into a bloodbath. Guards everywhere began to beat each other to pulps, splattering blood on them. A small pool of blood was beginning to form from all of the commotion. Princess Cadence ran in the room and screamed. I’ll take that as my cue to leave.

Twilight ran out the room, through Cadence, and right for the train station. Twilight then realized going to Equestria by train might be made harder. If there were guards at the train station, then Celestia is desperate to kill me for good, and is probably waiting for me. Twilight had plenty of supplies packed in her bag, so walking back to Equestria wouldn’t be that bad. After all, if it was only a few hours by train, it would only be a few days by hoof. Twilight trotted past the train station and next to the tracks out the boundary of the empire.

She was now in the Arctic North. Shortly after her exit, she found a small, pointed, curvy object lying in the snow. Out of curiosity, Twilight picked it up and shoved it in her saddlebag. She continued along her path until night fell. Twilight took an apple from her saddlebag, ate it, pulled the blanket from her saddlebag, wrapped it around herself, lay down on the ground, and went to sleep, shivering. Despite how warm the blanket was, she was still cold.

Twilight awoke to the sunrise, feeling refreshed and comfortable. She put away the blanket, stood up and stretched, then put a small pile of snow on the nearby fire to put it out.

Twilight blinked, then looked down at the circle of rocks and smoking sticks. I didn’t start a fire last night… did I? No. I didn’t even bring sticks and rocks with me! Where did these come from? Twilight backed away from the place where the fire was.

“Hello? Who’s there?” Her voice echoed for a bit, then faded away. “Is anyone here? Who started a fire for me?”

“That would be me,” a voice rang out. She turned to the source, thinking the voice to be strangely familiar. She gasped when she saw who it was.

A dark grey unicorn with a black mane – at least half of him – stood before her. The other half had faded into a large, black cloud of smoke. His red eyes took hold of her violet ones. “S-Sombra?”


Several medics carried the guards out of the throne room and cleaned up the blood. Luckily, none had died from the incident. Shining Armor stayed in the room, under order of Celestia. Celestia, Shining Armor, and Princess Cadence stayed in the room and waited until they were alone.

The only injury he received was on his front left leg. It would heal quickly. Shining Armor was panicking, apologetically, “Princess Celestia, you have to believe me, I didn’t mean to...”

“I know, Shining Armor.” Celestia knew exactly what had happened here. “I’ve seen this spell happen before, but only once.”

“What is it?” Cadence grew worried.

“There is no certain name for this spell, unless you asked the unicorn who invented it,” Celestia replied. “Luckily, I knew how to reverse the spell and arrived before anything too serious happened.”

“The unicorn who invented it?” Cadence inquired. “Do you mean… him?”

“No.”

Shining Armor and Cadence were baffled by Celestia’s response. “Th-Then… who?” Shining Armor dared ask.

Celestia took a deep breath. Her concerned expression quickly changed into one of disappointment and hatred. “Twilight Sparkle.” Cadence was taken aback. “You must not have read the letter I sent to you and Shining Armor.” Shining Armor produced the letter from thin air and levitated it in front of Cadence.

“But… how could she learn such a horrible spell?”

“Probably by watching you,” Celestia calmly replied. “She must have seen your love spell and been unable to perfectly replicate it. It also explains how she was able to learn dark magic.”

Tears formed in Cadence’s eyes. “Twilight was the sweetest filly I ever met! She… she wouldn’t ever imagine harming somepony else! This can’t be true!”

Celestia looked away. “Dark magic corrupts even the gentlest of ponies. I saw it happen to my first apprentice, and now it’s happened to my most recent former apprentice.” The alicorn turned and left the room, leaving Cadence bawling over the filly she cared for so much.


Three fillies sat on the bed Rarity used to occupy at night, plotting something greater than they could ever imagine.

“I’ll see if I can get a couple of Pegasi to go to Cloudsdale with me to round up as many as we can to help.” The small, orange pegasus suggested.

The little, white unicorn noted, “Well, I’ll go to Trottingham and get all of the ponies I can get from there, too!”

“I’ll send out letters to all the fillies and colts in mah family and then I’ll go to Manehattan and get Babs and all of the other Cutie Mark Crusaders and bring ‘em back here!”

“And then,” Sweetie Belle piped up, “we’ll rescue our big sisters from Princess Celestia’s dungeon!” The fillies put their hooves together, giggled, and ran out of Carousel Boutique to the train station.


Twilight couldn’t believe what was going on. Something inside of her told her to run, but, for some reason, she couldn’t. She was curious. “Why… why would you…”

“Help you?” Sombra interrupted. “Perhaps it was because I knew you wouldn’t survive the night with just a blanket and actually took a bit of pity on you.”

Twilight was put off by the idea, and every muscle in her body tensed up. “Y-You? Pity me?”

Sombra laughed. “No, I think it was something different. I have seen your plight, Twilight Sparkle.”

“How do you know my name?” Twilight’s horn began to glow.

“I watched you,” Sombra coolly replied. “And that’s how I knew you would need someone to trust.”

There was a faint howling in the distance as a flurry of snow began to fall upon the two.

“Why would I trust you? I saw a glimpse of what you did to the Crystal Empire! You tried to kill Spike! You traumatized me mentally with that door!” Twilight’s horn glowed brighter and brighter with each statement.

“Because I went through the same ordeal you’re going through now. An apprentice of Celestia herself, being groomed to replace her, becoming curious about dark magic, and instantly winding up wanted dead; yes, that all happened to me. But I’m sure Celestia wouldn’t hide something like that from you, would she?” Twilight’s horn stopped glowing.

“She did tell me that.” The tension inside of her faded.

The howling noise sounded again, but louder, closer.

“Add that to the fact that there isn’t a single pony – or dragon – who trusts you anymore, but me, and you know that you should trust me as well.”

“You’re lying!” Twilight looked down at her hoof, which had suddenly become colder; it was covered in ice that now began to spread. Twilight yelped and looked up at a swarm of Windigoes.

“Am I? Then who told Princess Celestia about you using dark magic on your pet dragon? Did you honestly think she just made a lucky guess?”

“I…” The ice had now covered her left front leg and was spreading to the right back leg.

Sombra wouldn’t let her argue. “Why haven’t your precious friends come to help you yet? Surely a true friend would come for you, right?”

“Well…” Twilight’s second leg was now frozen, and her left back leg was turning icy.

“And even your own brother rejected you. Not even your best friend, your own kin, would give you sanctuary.”

“This is true…” Twilight now only had one unfrozen leg, but that was soon to change.

“And Celestia is spreading around the fact that you learned dark magic, but she won’t admit that you learned it by watching her; she'll pin the blame on me, and we both know that's a lie!”

“Yes…” Twilight couldn’t run away. The ice now began to envelop her body.

“Either these Windigoes will kill you for the hatred that I can sense you feel for them, or you can completely, wholly trust me.” Sombra wore a devious grin on his face, putting a hoof to his chest. “What do you say?”

Twilight looked down. The ice was spreading to her neck. She knew she didn’t have much time left. Either I die… or I trust somepony who tried to kill those I care about… but they don’t care about me. Why should I care about them? Twilight’s neck was now engulfed in ice as she screamed at the top of her lungs, in sheer desperation, “I TRUST YOU, SOMBRA! I TRUST YOU MORE THAN ANYPONY ELSE IN THE WORLD! I REALLY DO!” Her horn glowed brightly and a beam of light shot up at the Windigoes, causing them to reel in pain.

The ice shattered off of her body as the Windigoes disappeared. Twilight tried to catch her breath.

“Now that you trust me,” Sombra noted, “I do believe it’s time we came up with a plan to get revenge on the same pony who destroyed us.”

Twilight grinned evilly. “Revenge on Celestia? I’m liking this idea already.”

Comments ( 16 )

wow is all I can say:pinkiegasp:

2043922
:flutterrage: I JUST UPDATED TODAY! HAVE PATIENCE! I HAVE CALCULUS IN THE WAY OF ME AND PONIES!

:scootangel: Thank you for your consideration.

2043954 I was just saying it informed me of the update and I didn't see it was all, lol.

2043954 Still don't see it lol.

Good job so far. I can't wait to see what happens next little sister!:pinkiehappy:

2044052
Thank you kindly, BBBFF! :twilightsmile:

Ok there it is. I don't understand though? what in the world happened to make all this stuff suddenly escalate so quickly!?

Twilight trusted Sombra and jumped to revenge just a bit quickly.... you would have done better by going the "Sombra wasn't a bad guy when he was turned upon suddenly by his mentor, Celestia. But eventually over hundreds of years his sense of betrayal warped him into a bad guy" route.

Then you could have Twilight at first not trust him, and then, after a while of his intricate tales of his life and his times with his mentor she would begin to trust him.
Later on, however she would find that he had become corrupted, and she would distance herself from him or something...

And Harmony was angry about her use of dark magic or something...

ANDSHEWAKESUPANDITWASALLADREAM!

I personally think you could have gone about this better.
(Not neccessarily the way I put it in my demonstration above, but better than this.)

The whole point is, you rushed the chapter- you need to put some though into how the characters' personaties work, and stuff. Sombra is pretty much, a blank script. However Twilight has a very well defined personality.

(I don't see Twilight pulling quite as much of a face heel turn without feeling betrayed, and desperately pondering over it for at least a few days; if not a month! she should at least try to check on her friends. and read a few thousand books in an hour or somthing...
Although, when she finds out her friends have been arrested, she will surely be devastated- enough to want revenge!
Things have to have a certain order.

Hope this mess of a comment helped!:twilightblush:

oh crap:pinkiegasp: im still liking it keep up the good work:twilightsmile:

2043875
Same:pinkiegasp:
Its still very good writing though

you did jump the revenge train a chapter or two to quick but besides that so far so good

Moar moar moar!

this must continue

MUST

i want moar:pinkiecrazy:

In response to the chandelier fight...

Still, this needs to go on.

Welcome to the future. We still want updates.

8580861
3 years now...still waiting

Login or register to comment