• Published 13th Sep 2011
  • 4,238 Views, 35 Comments

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (Stalker) Dirge of Equestria - Hoghound



Even though the accident happened far long ago, it left everlasting scars on Equestria...

  • ...
5
 35
 4,238

Prologue


September, 17, 1058 P.B. , the reactor at the power block five of the Ponydom Collective Efforts NPP (PNENPP) is destroyed, following a series of thermal explosions. The resulting biomagical radioactive waste clouds spread throught ponyville, the northern reaches of the everfree forest and canterlot.


The implications of this disaster are so grave, that the equestrian monarchy was forced to realocate the citizens of the outlying villages and towns (mostly ponyville)


A 30 Kilometer radius lockout is imposed over the affected landscape, in order to prevent the residents to return to the zone, as a way to preserve them from the heavy residual radioactiveness that still stilled the place. This place came to be known simply as "the Zone"


Despite the disaster, the NPP remained functional. After the pegasai crew finished sealing off the defective reactor onto a heavy wall of concrete, the monarchy thought it was the best of interest to use the available power potential of the remaining four generators, coped with the fact that the area was no longer inhabitable, not having to provide energy to the now abandoned settlements, permitted the rulers to set a network of secret laboratories on the outskirts of the zone.


March, 26, 1063 P.B. , One of the most powerful creatures of the realm , the prime ruler of equestria, braves the Zone in an attempt to nullify the remaining fallout of the explosion. She and her coup of dragons had not been heard of ever since.


August, 28, 1081 P.B. , the exclusion Zone lights up , as clouds can be seen evaporating from the skies. After a brief moment of complete silence, a terrifying roar shakes the ground. Most of equestrian army guarding the perimeter perish immediately.


1082 P.B., scientists were still unable to explain what happened. Rare expeditions into the zone, primarily led by the influent mares of equestria, had shared the same fate of the first one, with survivors telling stories of mutated animals with incredible abilities roaming the place. However, at the time, nobody really felt compelled to attest the validity of such tales, so horrifying they were.


1083 P.B., the situation becomes even more dire, as the Zone and it's children exponentially grow both in size and aggressiveness, blowouts suddenly become much more frequent, and mutants exhibit new disturbing features.

1084 P.B., The lack of a royal heir, paired with the presumed death of the rightful owners of the equestrian crown, has turned the remnants of a once proud and thriving reign under military dictatorship.


1089 P.B., according to several estimates, the Zone is now home to between 100 to 300 trespassing individuals, they named themselves "stalkers", and make their living by collecting anomalous formations of biomagical remnants, popularly known as artifacts, which they sell for ludicrous amounts of money.


1090 P.B., despise military cordons, the stalker phenomenon keeps growing in numbers, however stalkers travel primarily around the borders of the zone, with the center remaining just as the unreachable star for all, but the most battle-hardened legends of the Zone . The few attempts to penetrate deeper into the zone have all ended in failure, with nobody ever coming back from a raid into it.


As a result of this, rumors about the ruins of the NPP had spread among the inhabitants of the zone, while amongst them, two became most recurring. One of them mentioning it as a cemented treasure trove of artifacts, while the other one mentioned it as the lair of the wish granter, a mythical creature of unspoken powers.


While unable to reach the deeper parts of the Zone, the various factions of stalkers have been locked up on a territorial war over the dominance of the few relatively safe areas, in order to control the artifacts within them and eventually bolster they own forces with their gains, enabling a much wider scope of influence over the zone.


It is an unprecedented situation as ponykin , once peaceful and generous creatures, are forced to fight over abandoned crumbs in order to survive.


This is the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.



My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic Intellectual propriety belongs to Hasbro
All S.T.A.L.K.E.R. installments Intellectual propriety belongs to GSC game world
I do not own, neither lay claim to the intellectual properties that this fan-fiction is based on. This work was made entirely for entertainment and appreciation, and should not be distributed for profit
This is a My little pony: FiM fan fiction Made by Hoghound.