• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,282 Views, 36 Comments

Dashie and Derpy Misadventures! - Midori_Kuroba



Rainbow and Derpy actually hang out a lot more than others realize, and it's always entertaining.

  • ...
4
 36
 3,282

Unstoppable Hugs

Dashie and Derpy in: Unstoppable Hugs

Applejack was alone in her room, laying on her bed, sobbing into her pillow. It was the evening of Hearts and Hooves Day, and it hadn't gone the way she had hoped. She wanted to finally confess her feelings to the pony she loved with a bouquet of flowers, scared that her friend wouldn't return the sentiment, or even worse refuse to be friends with a filly-fooler. After everything she'd been through with her, she wanted to confess her feelings for Rainbow Dash.

The problem, as it turns out, wasn't if Rainbow Dash could have feelings for another girl. That became very clear fast for Applejack, as she saw the mare she loved in the arms of another mare, and of all the ponies Ditzy Doo. When she found them not far outside town they were engaged in a dance, perfectly in sync as if they had practiced, flying through the sky as Derpy's family watched. When they finished, they embraced, and even kissed. Heartbroken, Applejack dropped the bouquet and rushed home. She hadn't left her room since.

A knock came to her window, and she blinked for a moment wondering who it could be. "Applejack! Please, let me in! I need to talk to you!" Applejack recognized the voice and rushed to open the window to find Rainbow Dash floating their holding the bouquet she'd left behind. "Hi… can I come in?" Applejack blushed and nodded, backing away to make room for Rainbow Dash. She flew into the room hovered before her friend. "I noticed you saw me and Derpy dance earlier. You left something though." Applejack just hung her head quietly unable to look at her friend. "Applejack… I had no idea. I wish you'd of stayed and talked about it?"

"Was there any point?" Applejack looked into her friend's eyes with tears in her own. "It's not like I can break up a relationship for one of my own, now is there. How long have you two even been going out?"

Rainbow Dash sighed and counted in her head. "I think a few months, why?"

Applejack shuffles her hooves and says, "I've loved you for quite a while. I wonder if I had confessed those feelings sooner, then we'd be the ones closer than bees and honey."

"It's not a matter of confessed feelings. Look, it's a long story, but Derpy and I had an experience together that led to us even going out once, let alone being girlfriends." She set down the flowers and hugged Applejack, the earth pony doing her best to return the favor. "I'm flattered, really, and it's not like we aren't friends anymore. Just understand my feelings belong to another right now… but thanks for the flowers." Rainbow Dash picked the flowers back up and hovered towards the window. "I should go. Good night Applejack."

Applejack opened her mouth to beg her to stay, but she found she couldn't say anything. She watched Rainbow go, speechless and helpless. She was ashamed of herself, and decided to wash down her pity with some homemade apple cider. When she walked down the stairs, she noticed Apple Bloom putting something in the fridge. "What are you up to at this hour? And what's that potion looking thing."

The young filly looked to her older sister and replied, "This isn't a potion. It's a love poison! Me and the girls made it on accident, and caused some trouble for Big Macintosh and Ms. Cherilee. After the chores we did to make up for it, we know better than to use this ever again. Problem is, we don't know how to get rid of it safely."

Applejack stared at the poison wide eyed and said, "Ya don't say. So how does it work?"

"Well…" Apple Bloom rubbed her chin trying to remember. "Oh yeah, when somepony drinks it, they fall madly in love with the first pony they see! The problem is, they get way to gushy, and refuse to stop staring into their eyes. The only cure is to break eye contact for a full hour. That's why we don't want to risk any other pony drinking it, so I agreed to keep it hidden in our fridge till the end of time."

Apple Bloom looked pretty proud of herself for making such a decision. Applejack smirked and said, "I think I can take care of this for you sugar cube. I'll get rid of it, and you won't have to worry about it ever again!"

The little filly's eyes lit up. "Really? Gee thanks big sis! You're the best!"

"I reckon I am! Now why don't you run off to bed?" Apple Bloom ran off and up to her room, while Applejack stared at the poison for a minute. "Love poison huh? It's not fair that I'm too late for you Dash. So if I have to make you love me, then so be it." She grabs the potion, and shuts the fridge.

--------------------------------------

Applejack bit her lower lip as she walked through town, a mug of apple cider balanced on her head. She was nervous, unsure this would work, but she searched anyways until she found Rainbow Dash lying on a cloud. Of course she was being lazy, despite her job to clear the clouds today. "Being lazy as usual Rainbow Dash? And here I'd gone and made you some apple cider to cool ya down."

"Apple cider?!" Rainbow Dash immediately broke from her nap and flew down licking her lips. "Well, maybe it will give me a boost of motivation."

With a giggle, Applejack leaned forward offering the mug to her. "I just might. Why not give it a sip?"

Rainbow Dash nearly drooled as she grabbed it, and began to lean it back. "Rainbow Dash!" The tomboy cringed and looked back into the sky to see Derpy sweating beads as she cleared away clouds. "You're supposed to be clearing the clouds with me today! Were you taking a nap or something? I feel like I'm doing all the work!" Derpy falls and slams into the ground next to them, panting as she lay on her back.

With a gulp, Rainbow Dash looked between the mug and Derpy. "No love, I was just getting you something to drink! You've worked so hard and you look exhausted!"

Applejack went wide eyed, and shivered a little as the mug was handed to the exhausted pegasus. Derpy smiled and took the mug. "You're the best Rainbow Dash!"

She chugged the whole mug as Applejack cried, "No, don't drink that!"

Rainbow Dash looked to her friend with a raised brow and said, "I know it was for me, but relax. Derpy needed it more. Feeling better Derpy?" The grey pony's eyes began to swirl, and she smiled as her ears folded back, hugging Dash extremely tightly. "AUGH! Love, you're hugging me too tight! Did you forget your own strength again?"

"I just love you so much my multi-colored schmoopi-kins…"

Rainbow Dash had a look of terrified confusion on her face, before she put two and two together and glared at Applejack. "What did you do? What was in that cider? Why did my girlfriend just say that?"

Applejack fumbled over her own words, until she shrank under the cold stare of her friend. "I may have added a… love poison… to the cider?" She giggled nervously. She bowed her head before she could get scolded and said, "I'm sorry sugar cube! I just wanted to see what it would be like if you loved me instead, at least for a day! But it was wrong of me to try and trick you, so please forgive me!"

With a sigh, the rainbow maned pony said, "Alright, I'll forgive you, on one condition. Cure my girlfriend!" Dash pushed Derpy off, only to be pounced to the floor with a disgruntled growl.

"Well, my little sister said that the cure was to avoid eye contact for one hour." She helped push the two of them apart. "You just need to not look at her."

Blinking, Rainbow Dash smiled and said, "That sounds easy enough." She turned around, but Derpy flew in her way and stared with bedroom eyes into her lover's. Rainbow Dash reared back and turned away, only to have Derpy hover along with her face, quickly bolting from side to side to keep her in view. "Uh, this might be harder than I thought… Look, it's Rainbow Dash!" Derpy gasped and looked to where Rainbow pointed, and Dash took advantage of this to fly away at high speed.

Derpy whined and yelled, "Come back sugar cookie!"

She flew after Rainbow Dash desperately, and when the pegasus looked back over her shoulder she saw Derpy actually gaining on her! "Ahhhhh! Do something Applejack!"

"You're the fastest flyer in Equestria! Just keep away from her, I'm gonna go get some rope!" Applejack rushed home as Rainbow Dash flew circles around Ponyville, her lover at a constant rate behind her. When Applejack got back she could easily see them, and got on their path. "Ain't no way she can fly harder than I can pull, right?" She tied the rope around her waist, and when she saw them coming, she lassoed Derpy's hoof. "Gotcha!"

Derpy screeched to a halt, flying desperately in place. Rainbow Dash paused and caught her breath. "What took you so long? I nearly flew the full hour! I'm exhausted!" She panted and looked to the clock tower in town. "Perfect! Just a few more minutes, that's awfully convenient.

She noticed her hooves dragging across the floor and gulped. "Whoa nelly… No. NO! Nonononononoooo!" Derpy dragged her along as she picked back up speed.

Rainbow Dash went pale and said, "You've got to be kidding! Where is all this stamina coming from? Stupid power of love!" She groaned and flew off again, Derpy in pursuit as she dragged Applejack through Ponyville now.

The orange pony yelled as she was dragged, calling out for ponies to move as her hooves dragged through the dirt. "I can't seem to hold her! Huh? Uh oh." Applejack slammed face first into a sign, and almost immediately after another. And then one by one she hit multiple signs as she went down a straight line through them yelping with every smack to her face. "Why! Are! There! So! Many! Signs! Is there a sign show going on or something?!" She crashed into the last sign on the edge hard enough to take it with her and gave it a read. "Come see our artistic sign gallery, today only." She threw it to the side and pouted.

Rainbow Dash couldn't keep up this pace. She sobbed a little and said, "Make it stop!" She growled and said, "Desperate times call for desperate measures! Let's see you follow me when I do this!" She flew with all her might, a cone forming around her as she flew faster and faster. She then darted upward as she went so fast, it created a sonic rainboom that spread through the air over Ponyville, safely high enough so that it didn't do any damage.

With a glare her lover imitated her, going so fast she formed a cone too, and Applejack was lifted off the ground flailing her hooves. Derpy skyrocketed upward, a shockwave of yellow bursting from her over the city, which tore the ropes connecting her and Applejack. The earth pony screamed as she flew straight for the edge of Ponyville, where a group of passing sheep noticed her. They all piled together into a pyramid to save her, and Applejack crashed into them at high speed. They all fell to the ground with dizzy eyes, Applejack's tongue hanging from her mouth as she lay atop the pile. She muttered, "Thanks for the soft landing y'all."

One sheep poked her head out of the groaning pile and said, "The secret is fabric softener!"

Breathing a momentary sigh of relief, Rainbow Dash peeked behind her to see her pursuer gone. Her face went pale when she saw Derpy quickly gaining on her with a golden trail behind her. "You've got to be kidding me!" She put all her effort into moving forward, swerving and turning in hopes it would throw Derpy off. "Just a little longer!" she said gritting her teeth as tears streamed from her eyes. She gasped as she could already see Derpy's arms slowly making their way around her. "Noooo!"

Derpy clung to her, making her cringe a little as she clenched her eyes shut. After a moment she peek one open to see Derpy nuzzling her as they flew. She opened her eyes with a familiar look to her gaze and said, "Look love, it's the fastest hug ever! But when did we get up here?"

Rainbow Dash clung to her lover, completely disregarding the world as she hugged her tight. "Thank Celestia, your back love!"

The wall eyed pony blinked in confusion, but smiled and hugged Rainbow back. "I don't know where I went. Hey look, I can see my house from here!"

Rainbow Dash looked up to see they were spiraling right towards Derpy's house. "Uh oh…"

A massive rainbow mushroom cloud lined in gold erupted from Ponyville, and Applejack rushed to the scene as fast as she could. The citizens began to panic; gathering on the scene of Derpy's destroyed home. Applejack ran into the rubble, bucking it aside as she cried, "Don't just stand there everypony! There are ponies under this rubble!" Everypony gasped and began helping her dig frantically.

--------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash, Derpy, Dinky, Sparkler, and even Carrot Top were all bandaged up in the hospital lobby, gathered and glaring at Applejack, especially Rainbow Dash and Derpy who obviously had broken wings. Applejack held her hat in front of herself, hanging her head in shame. "I am so sorry y'all! I'm ashamed of how I behaved, and how it lead to your injuries and destroyed home! I promise that I'll do anything and everything I can until your home is repaired!"

They all looked at each other and smiled, Derpy rolling her wheelchair forward to hug Applejack. "I understand that you have strong feelings for Rainbow Dash. Love makes us do crazy things! At least you're sorry and willing to make up for it, and that's why I forgive you."

Dinky walked next to her mom and said with sad eyes, "But where are we going to stay until our home is rebuilt?"

Her mother giggled and said, "At Sweet Apple Acres of course!" Everypony cried 'WHAT?!' in unison. "Well yeah! We don't have a home, the inn has no vacancies, none of us are capable of flying to Rainbow Dash's house, and Applejack DID say she would do anything and everything for us. Right Applejack?"

Applejack smiled and nodded. "It would be an honor to have the muffin family as guests in our home. But are you sure about this?"

"Yeah love, are you sure?" Rainbow Dash rolled her own wheel chair up next to Derpy's. "Applejack is in love with me. Doesn't that worry you?"

"Not at all!" Derpy responded with a grin. "I'm sure she'll respect our relationship from now on! And even if she doesn't," she gave a smug look to Applejack. "She doesn't stand a chance."

Applejack's jaw dropped and she put her hat back on with a huff. "Oh, it's on now sugar cube!" She got behind Derpy and began to push her wheel chair. "You and me are gonna play horse shoes! Winner gets to sleep in the same bed as Rainbow Dash tonight!"

"Bring it on!"

Everypony else just stood there blank faced watching them go, Derpy's family looking to Rainbow Dash. The cyan pony just sat there confused, until she suddenly gasped and rolled after them. "You two can't play games for my love! Get back here!"

Carrot Top slapped a hoof to her face and said, "Things are going to be interesting until we go home…"

End Part 4

Comments ( 8 )

Sonic... Muffin... boom?

Oh Applejack, you silly filly. Great chapter, really enjoyed it.:heart:

What if it's a tie? :trollestia:

sonic muffboom :rainbowkiss:
And I'm luurrvving this story!

i loved the part with the signs! that was hilarious!

1922712 I've seen that scene somewhere before..

Oh right Kung Fu Panda 2 :rainbowlaugh: or was it 1? :rainbowhuh:

Any chance that this fic will be coming back? It has an interesting premise and the first couple of chapters have caught my eye.

Login or register to comment