• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 4,979 Views, 322 Comments

Bad Company - Symphony



After a wild night out on the town, Jay decides to go back to Pony-land for a quick visit. Things don't go quite as planned though as he finds himself trapped in a dimension full of colorful ponies and friendship.

  • ...
28
 322
 4,979

PreviousChapters Next
Ch. 19 - Science!

Jay raised his arms defensively and took a few steps back the closer Twilight got to him. The temperature around them was raising as Twilight's glare on him only hardened more with every passing second.

“Oh uh...” He gulped. “Hi, Twilight! Looks like you read the books, huh?” He felt beads of sweat form on his forehead as he glanced around and noticed the growing crowd surrounding the two.

“I know what you did to that pony!” She hissed at him. “Y-you had s-s-sex with her...” Her glare went away for a few seconds as she blushed but only to return stronger.

“Jesus fuckin' Christ, Twilight!” Jay bolted forward and covered her mouth and sprinted into the library, closing the door behind him. “If you said that any louder, the ponies up in Canterlot would've heard!” He peeked out a window and saw that everypony were returning to what they were doing, some with blushes on their faces. He facepalmed.

He released Twilight and put her down. “Why did you do it?!” Twilight stood up to him, still glaring at him with a blush.

“It kinda happened on its own...”

Twilight's eyes narrowed. “That doesn't h-happen on its own! Fluttershy told me all about it!”

Jay's eyes widened as he turned to the yellow and very red pegasus hiding in a corner, mouthing 'traitor' before turning back to Twilight. He scratched the back of his head.

“She came over after I made up with Rainbow and we got talking and... things got out of hand.” Jay felt his anger rising as he was being talked down to by the unicorn.

“So?! You going that far with somepony after just talking to them doesn't make any sense!”

“Fuck's sake, Twilight!” Jay roared, pointing a finger at her and glaring back at her. “Why do you care so much about what I do!” He jabbed the finger at her, making her back up. “I'm twenty-fucking-four! I'm older than you, for crying out loud!” Another jab. “What happened between me and Strawberry is our business, I don't need you to look out for me!”

Twilight took a step back, the anger gone from her. Realizing what he had just said, Jay's anger also disappeared. He sighed.

“I'm sorry, Twilight. I'm just...” He scratched his neck and sat down on a chair. “Things like that are very personal, like Fluttershy might have told you?” Twilight nodded slowly. “Yeah, so I can't share everything about it cause it doesn't affect just me.”

“Did you say Strawberry?” Twilight eventually spoke up.

“Yeah, the reception mare from town hall.”

The one that you threw a rock on?”

“The very same.”

Twilight looked at him straight in the eyes. They held it for a few seconds before Twilight let out an explosive sigh.

“Okay, so what are you going to do now?” She asked. “Not something stupid, I hope?”

“You never know, Twilight. I always aim to impress.” He gave her that crooked smirk that made her certain that he had something planned. “...Actually, I was heading over to Strawberry's house before you came running out and looking at me like you wanted to gut me.”

Twilight blushed and averted her eyes. “I guess I did overreact, huh?”

“Just a teeny tiny bit.” Jay held up a hand and held out his pointer and thumb, a gap between them. Jay stood up from the chair and brushed off his clothes and stretched. “But Twilight...”

“Yes, Jay?”

“You don't have to admit that you're jealous of Strawberry.”

An explosive blush came over Twilight's face. She sputtered and her ears fell back. “J-Jay!”

“Yeah, sorry that you weren't the first one to get on Mister Bones Wild Ride.” Jay repeated, making rude gestures and grinning.

Twilight took several quick steps back and sat down, covering her face with her hooves. “I-I am not jealous! Stop it, Jay!”

Caaaaaaan youuuuu feeeeeeeeel the loooooooooooooooooooooove toniiiiiiight!” He yelled, a pathetic attempt to hold a pitch that cracked halfway through every word.

“Stop!”

He laughed as he made his way to the door, waving at the ponies. “Bye!” The door smacked shut but his laughter could still be heard from the other side.

Eventually, her blush died down and she put down her hooves.

“I am going to write a very strongly worded letter to Princess Celestia for avoiding this topic...”


-Nine Years Earlier-

“Come now, Twilight!” Celestia called to her young student who followed her eagerly through the streets of Canterlot as they were heading back to the castle. “We have some work to do.”

The young filly stopped and stared at a mare holding a small colt in her forelegs and rocking it outside a café.

“Princess Celestia?” Twilight ran up to her teacher who turned to her with a smile. “Where does baby fillies and colts come from?”

The smile faded from Celestia's muzzle. 'Shit.'

“W-well, you see Twilight...”


“That's for later though. We have some work to do!” Twilight turned to Fluttershy who had been sitting there quietly for the last half hour. “We have to follow Jay to Strawberry and make sure he does everything right!”

“Don't you have any real work to do?” Fluttershy asked quietly. “Aren't you a librarian?”

Twilight giggled. “Of course I'm not, Spike is!”

Spike's voice was heard echo from another room. “Please end my misery. This is child labour...

Twilight closed the door to that room with her magic. “Now come on, Fluttershy! We have to help Jay!” Grabbing the books that Jay had brought her, Twilight ran out the library with Fluttershy walking hesitantly behind her.


Okay, so... Right down the road and then left. I came to a smaller neighbourhood and the houses looked much smaller than the other ones in town. I walked down the street with my hands in my pockets, glancing around. I heard whispers starting and several sets of eyes on me the further I walked.

Near the end of a street, I saw a light pinkish mailbox that had Strawberry's cutiemark on it. I stood and stared at the house, trying to work up some courage.

'Come on, dude! You've gone through worse before!'

Have I basically been dateraped by a small horse before coming here?

'...Touché'

Biting my lip, I started hopping in place and shook my arms to hype myself up. I released a breath and opened the gate in the fence, walking toward the house. The lights inside were on so at least that meant she was home.

I stopped in front of the door and stared down at it, moving a hand to knock.

'Do it! You have to cause if you don't you're a coward!'

I knocked the door three times. I heard hooves running toward the door and it unlocking. The handle was covered in a rose-red aura and the door slowly opened outward. I took a step back.

Strawberry stood there, staring up at me with wide eyes and her mouth slightly open.

“So...” I spoke up. “So this is your house, huh?” I bit my lip. 'Idiot... Of course this is her house. Smooth start, shitlips...'

Tears started to well in Strawberry's eyes and her lower lip quivered. I took a step forward and raised my left hand.

“Are you oka-oof!” She rushed forward and hugged me, starting to cry.

“I-I'm sorry for taking a-advantage of you just like that last night!” She sniffled. “I just... I just wasn't thinking and now you're going to hate me forever and probably call the guards on me and I'll go to jail forever and ever...”

I stared down at her and patted her back awkwardly. “Hey, I'm not mad and I'm not gonna call the guards. I wanted to come over and talk to you...”

She rubbed her eyes with a hoof, looking up at me. “Really..?” I nodded.

“Let's go inside... I'm guessing you don't want your neighbours to hear us?” She lowered herself and nodded with a small smile, walking inside and I followed her. I closed the door behind us.


-Third Person Switch-

Meanwhile on a nearby hill, Twilight's eyebrows furrowed as she lowered her binoculars from her head, levitating the book beside her.

“What's happening?” Fluttershy asked as she noticed the expression on her friend's face.

“They just went inside her house. She hugged him and they talked...” Twilight stood up and walked forward. “We have to get closer!”

“Twilight, isn't this breaching their privacy?”

“It's for science!”

“It doesn't really feel like it's okay morally...”

Twilight sighed and turned to her friend. “Fluttershy, science does not care about privacy or morals, this is only a field test!” Amateurs, the lot of them...

Fluttershy kept quiet and only followed her friend. Once close to the house, Twilight crouched down low and slowly walked toward a window she peeked inside to spot Jay sitting on a couch with Strawberry on the other end. She saw Jay's mouth move, along with a shake of Strawberry's head.

Focusing her magic, Twilight made a quick spell and she could pick out the words coming from inside.


“So... About last night.” I started, folding my hands. “I know that this will sound weird coming from me, but I need you to understand...”

Strawberry's ears slowly folded back. “W-what?”

“The reason I got stuck here was because the dimension portal thing to my world cut out when I tried to go home.” I chewed on my lips for a few seconds. “Princess Celestia told me that spells mimicking them are very hard, if not even impossible to replicate. She has some of her peo-ponies working on it.”

“So... You're saying...”

“There's still a chance for me to go home, go back to my family.” I gestured with my hands. “I don't know how long that will take for them to figure out.” I ran a hand through my hair. “My plan is, or well... was to just keep my distance and not get attached so I can leave straight away.”

Strawberry's ears was folded back completely now. “Well, I understand that you want to go home...” She had a small smile on her face and looked down on the ground. “You looked so lost when you came to town hall, like you were so out of place.” She wiped her eyes with a hoof.

“I saw myself in you, kinda... I know it's a stretch to compare, but... I moved here, in the middle of nowhere away from a life in one of Equestria's biggest towns. To a small town where everypony knows everypony. I stood out, I still do and I'm afraid to make friends because I don't want to scare ponies off...” She sighed.

“Then you came. I wasn't the talk of the town anymore. I saw you walk along with Twilight and her friends and I became interested in you.”

I leaned back into the couch, trying to take in everything she had said. I scratched my chin. “But y'know. I don't know when I'll be able to go home. It can be in several years. Hell, it can even be next week.” I reached out a hand to her. “So if you'd let me, I want you to help me with whatever I'll face trying to go home. I can't keep bothering Twilight and her friends...”

Strawberry stared at me, uncertainty was flashing over her eyes as she stared down at my hand, then up at my face. Eventually, she gave me a small smile and put her hoof in my hand.

“I-I'll do what I can...”

“Just one thing though...”

“What is it?”

“This...” I pointed at me and then at her, alternating back and forth. “Let's take it slow. I know what happened is anything but slow so let's just retry, alright?”

Strawberry blushed and she lowered her head a little. “S-sure.”

I looked around with a small smile. Guess it did work out, somehow. I'm gonna have to give my thanks to the marshmallow degenerate. My eyes zeroed in on the window behind Strawberry and I saw wide, purple eyes staring at me and a lavender horn disappearing to the side.

“Fuck's sake!” I stood up abruptly. I looked down at Strawberry with an apologetic smile. “I'm sorry but I think I saw something outside...” I stomped over to the door outside and rounded the corner of the house. I saw a purple tail with a pink stripe poking out from a bush.

I cleared my throat and crossed my arms, glaring down. “Twilight.”

Twilight's head slowly raised from the bush and she looked up at me with a sheepish smile. “Oh hello, Jay! What a pleasure to see you here! What are you doing here, ha ha...” Her eyes darted from side to side.

“Were you following me.”

“No.”

My glare hardened.

“Maybe...”

I raised an eyebrow and started tapping my right fingers on my left arm.

“Okay, I did...”

“How much did you hear or see?”

“A-all of it...”

I sighed. “Get... Get out of here. Right now. Shoo.”

Her horn lit up and she teleported away. I turned back to the bush. “That means you too Fluttershy.”

An 'eep' came from it and Fluttershy flew away into the air, taking off into town. I turned around and saw Strawberry staring at me through the window. I walked back inside and slumped into the couch with another sigh, this one much heavier.

“I swear, those girls will be the death of me...” My stomach rumbled and I stared down at it, then at Strawberry. “Want to get something to eat?” She giggled

“I'd love to.”


A short distance away, Twilight was reading through the book with a pout. Fluttershy landed next to her.

“Can I go home now?” She asked almost pleadingly.

“No, we're still stuck in the scientific process.” Twilight's ears perked and she saw Jay and Strawberry leave the house, walking side-to-side. “Phase two begins now.” She tapped a hoof to the book.

Fluttershy looked over to where she had been tapping.

'Food play and Dessert tricks to spice it up.'

Her mouth became a very thin line and she rubbed a hoof to her forehead at just how stupid the unicorn could be at times.

'Why are most of my friends weirdos?' Fluttershy thought, staring at Twilight who was currently sneaking behind Jay and Strawberry.

Author's Note:

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh horizontal rules blegh

PreviousChapters Next