• Published 24th Jan 2013
  • 2,389 Views, 30 Comments

Guardians of the world - The Walker



An ancient evil has awakened in the land of Eqestria, but the ancient guardians of the land have also awakened from their slumber to fight him once again.

  • ...
2
 30
 2,389

The gathering

(Location: Canterlot)

Celestia looked over the city from her balcony. She had heard some troublesome reports these past few days that worried her. There was a rise in the number of nightmares that ponies had been having. This normally wouldn’t worry her, except for the fact that all the nightmares reported had the same shadowy figure in them. She had asked her city to look into it, but she told her that she couldn’t enter these supposed nightmares.

The letter from Twilight also worried her. What appeared to be golems had crossed the crystal empire and were heading in the direction of Canterlot. More worrying was the fact that they had lost track of the golems after they had exited the city. They hadn’t been seen in the week since then. Twilight had told her that she and her friends were coming to Canterlot to assist in researching anything about these golems. She disturbed by a knocking at the door to her room.

“You may enter.” The door opened to show a panting guard standing there. “Yes, what is it?”

“Something is trying to enter the city through the main gate.” Celestia paled a bit at this information. The guard had said something and not somepony. She whirled around and took off her balcony heading towards the main gate.


She landed on top of the wall next to some startled guards. She turned to look at the them as she glanced around the wall and took notice that the gate was closed.

“What is the situation?” The guards merely pointed a hoof over to the outside facing wall. Celestia walked over and looked down and paled. Standing there were what she could only be the golems spoken of in Twilight’s letter. They fit her description perfectly. Suddenly the large white golem seemed to lean back and looked up at her. Celestia paused at what she assumed to be eyes took her in. The golem looked down and suddenly strode towards the closed gates. She heard the guards start talking at this move.

“It won’t be able to open the gates will it?” She heard an older veteran guard scoff at that question.

“Child, the gates weigh over 6 tons. Nothing is strong enough to open them by itself without magic.” Suddenly a groaning sound was heard. Everyone on the wall rushed to the edge of the wall where they saw the largest golem pushing against the gates. “See that thing can’t even move the gates.” The guard’s words seem to calm the other guards until a deep rumbling voice echoed from below them.

Regigigas.” The gates groaning noise increased as the sound of stone scraping across stone was heard. The guards all looked down and paled. The gates were opening. More importantly, they were being opened the wrong way. The gates normally opened outwards and the golem was pushing them inwards. This explained the groaning noise as the hinges were being damaged.

Celestia took off from the wall and circled around to land in front of the gates inside the city. She sat down and watched the gates open. She watched as the golem strode through them and stop in front of her.

Why have you built a city on top of the enemy’s prison?” Celestia stared at it. It had spoken. Twilight had mentioned that in her letters, but Celestia had assumed it to have been something akin to answering questions. Celestia shook her head as the golem repeated the question. Celestia tilted her head to the side in confusion.

“What prison?” Regigigas seemed to go absolutely still.

What year is it? How long have the guardians been sleeping?

“The year is 1002 after the nightmare incident. Before that it was 8000 years on the solar calendar and before that there was no calendar.” Regigigas shifted his feet and seemed to become a statue. Through Celestia couldn’t tell, he was comparing land masses to when he had gone to sleep. From what he had seen on his way here, the land had shifted northward. By how much, Regigigas couldn’t tell. Maybe the other guardians would be able to tell.

The prison of our enemy is built deep under this mountain. It was created to hold him for eternity. It must have failed in some way for the guardians to be awakened from our slumber.” Celestia took this in and thought about it.

“What are the guardians? Why have you been tasked with guarding a prison?”

We are known as Pokémon. In the ages past we fought to protect this planet from all who would threaten the life on it. The guardians are what were known as legendary Pokémon. We are the only members of our kind. We are all given certain tasks by the god of Pokémon Arceus to do in this world. That is why we guard the prison.”

“So you guard the prison because your god told you to.” Celestia mulled this thought over before realizing something. “I don’t know your name.”

“I am Regigigas, the continent tower. Behind me are my children and creations. They are known as Regice, Registeel and Regirock respectively.” Celestia was about to ask more when screams were heard from the guards on top of the wall and what appeared to be a green dragon without back legs and only two front limbs flew over the wall. “It appears that Rayquaza has arrived which means Groudon will not be far behind.” A large cracking noise occurred behind Regigigas as outside the gates the earth erupted upward as something red rose from the earth. “Correction, he is here.” Shadows seen to pool in between Celestia and Regigigas as a Darkrai rose from them.

Lord Regigigas, it is good that you have arrived finally. I have been examining the city and have discovered that the Enemy has not managed to twist any of their minds.

Darkrai, what do you mean examining?”

“I have been reading their dreams of course.” Regigigas seemed to sigh as he brought one of his hands to his forehead.

I thought I asked you to stop doing that. Every time you look into a dream, you transform it into a Nightmare.” Darkrai seemed to look sheepishly at the ground and was about to answer when Celestia suddenly spoke.

“You have been the reason I have been getting so many complaints of nightmares in the city.” Darkrai turned to face her.

Yes.” Celestia seemed about to say more when there was a sound like a gale wing and something fell from the sky and smashed into a building. They turned to look at the object and saw Lugia. Something was wrong though. Black veins crisscrossed Lugia’s lower body and seemed to pulse. A voice spoke in everyone’s head.

“The Enemy has corrupted a guardian.” Lugia collapsed as soon as he spoke.

Author's Note:

I wrote this chapter after I discovered that I was having trouble with my other story.Let me know what you guys think.