• Published 24th Jan 2013
  • 2,372 Views, 30 Comments

Guardians of the world - The Walker



An ancient evil has awakened in the land of Eqestria, but the ancient guardians of the land have also awakened from their slumber to fight him once again.

  • ...
2
 30
 2,372

Events are moving

(location: Griffin lands)
The griffins standing guard at the start if whirling wind canyon were bored out of their minds. They didn’t even know why they were guarding the entrance anyway. The entire canyon had furious whirlwinds flowing through it constantly making it impossible to fly into and survive. They knew this because they had seen many a Griffin fly into the canyon only to be splattered against the walls by the wind. Suddenly one of the guards spoke to his companion.

“Do you hear that?” The second guard looked at his companion.

“Hear what?” The other guard turned around to look at the canyon.

“Exactly. The wind has stopped.” This brought the guard up short as he too looked into the canyon and listened. His partner was right. The wind had indeed stopped. He looked down the canyon as if looking for the source of the wind stopping.

“I wonder what caused it to stop.” The other guard about to answer when a roar echoed out of the canyon. Both guards looked at each other and paled. That at sounded big even with the canyon echoes. They were about to flee when a long snakelike shape shot of the canyon and promptly took off into the sky. They stared at the shape as it accelerated even faster and ascended into the sky.

“What was that?” One of the guards managed to stammer out. The other opened his beak to answer when they both fell over as the winds of the canyon suddenly reappeared.


(Location: Deep beneath the earth in the magma.)
Something stirred in the magma as a dinosaur like creature climbed up from its slumber there. It claws were glowing a cherry red as they absorbed the heat from the magma. The creature took a step forward and plunged its glowing claws into the bedrock as it started to burrow upwards towards the surface.

The creature could feel the aura marks on its arms and legs glowing as it was summoned to fight to defend this world
once more. It shook its head as it thought of fighting alongside its mortal enemy. It knew the ocean bringer would have awakened as he had and been urged to find the sky master.

The beast halted in its burrowing as it extended his awareness of the earth and rock to their limits. He let loose a thunder growl deep in his chest. His resting place had shifted and been dragged deeper towards the core of the planet. He would need to burrow much longer then he should have had to. He shook his head and resumed burrowing. He would heed the summons.


(Location: Crystal Empire)
Twilight Sparkle shook her head in amusement as she watched her friends be awed once again by the Empires shops and other stores. She was worried though. It wasn’t like her brother or Cadence to send a letter requesting them to come up here immediately. She was brought out of her thoughts when she heard Applejack tell Rarity to stop looking at the clothes for sale and to hurry up. She shook her head as Rainbow Dash flew back to them after flying up ahead.

“Come on you guys hurry up. Why are you so slow?” Rainbow was being as impatient as ever and wanted them to rush.

“Rainbow Dash, I cannot just rush ahead without looking at these fabulous clothes, the crystal ponies have made.” Rainbow Dash just scoffed at her and whirled around and flew towards the palace again. Then just as she reached the area in front of the open square she stopped dead in the air. Twilight and the others frowned at the sight and hurried up to the square. They stopped at the sight there.

“What in Celestia’s name?” Twilight and the others stared at what appeared to be statues arrayed in the middle of the square. She trotted over to the one that appeared to be made of ice and raised a hoof to tap it.

“I wouldn’t do that Twilight.” Twilight turned around at the voice found Cadence looking at the statues in worry.

“Why can’t I touch the statues?” Twilight was confused. What harm could statues do to her. Sure they might have magic defending them, but if they were a threat would they really be out in the open square like this.

“They aren’t statues Twilight.” Twilight stared at Cadence in confusion. Cadence looked at her and decided to explain. “We don’t know what they are, but they aren’t statues. They were up and moving until they arrived in the square and just stopped.” Twilight was about to ask another question when she felt the ground tremble.

“Did you feel that?” Twilight stared at the ground as it trembled until she heard what sounding like something heavy thumping on the ground. She glanced up and noticed that her friends had moved to join her, but both they and Cadence were staring behind her in growing terror. She turned around and looked up at the giant thing standing behind. Suddenly it raised what twilight was guessing would be a forelimb if it walked on all fours and the statues around her started moving. Twilight scrambled backwards as the statues spoke.
“Regice.”
“Regirock.”
“Registeel.”
Twilight noticed that the voices didn’t sound quite right. They seemed slightly……. Mechanical compared to the pony’s voices. She stared at what she assumed to be golems if what she had read was correct as they lined up before the taller one. She noticed that while the golems were made of elements, the big one appeared organic. The golems turned and started to walk out of the city to the south. The big one made to follow them when Rainbow Dash flew in front of him.
“Hey, just who the hay do you think you are, bringing monster like that into the city?” Rainbow Dash didn’t notice the others trying to motion her to be quiet. Suddenly the markings on the big one glowed and it spoke in a deep voice that you
could feel in your bones.

I am Regigigas. What do you want small one?” The ponies all stared, not actually expecting to speak and ask them a question.

“Yeah you do you think you are bringing monsters into the city?” Rainbow Dash was still on that line of Questioning.

They are not monsters young one. They are my creations, carved from the elements and given life by virtue of my aura. They are the closest things I have to children. They are my assistants in fighting and defend me when I slumber.” Rainbow Dash blinked at such a detailed answer when Twilight moved forward reassured by Rainbow Dash not being attacked.

“Why did you wake up if you were sleeping?” Twilight had noticed his reference to what he called his children defending him while he was sleeping and had assumed that was what he had been doing.

Is it not obvious?” Regigigas noticed that they all shook their heads no. “All the Guardians have been reawakened to fight our ancient foe as we did long ago. We are to gather at his prison to ensure he does not escape from it. Now I must go. I have far to walk and little time to do it.” With that said Regigigas nudged Rainbow Dash to the side and continued on his way while the ponies sat in silence at his answer.

Author's Note:

I realized that I forgot to put one of these. Comments are welcome as well as critism. For those confused by how Regigigas can talk is that he can use telepathy.