• Published 24th Jan 2013
  • 2,394 Views, 30 Comments

Guardians of the world - The Walker



An ancient evil has awakened in the land of Eqestria, but the ancient guardians of the land have also awakened from their slumber to fight him once again.

  • ...
2
 30
 2,394

The sleeping giant awakens

The ponies of the crystal kingdom were happy now that Sombra had been defeated and the crystal heart been returned to them. Few knew this, but the crystal empire was actually one of the main archeology centers before Sombra had taken over. Now that he had been vanquished the ponies had returned to normal and they had started digging.

The scene is an iceberg that lies in a valley. The crystal ponies had discovered a strange temple there that had markings no pony had ever seen before. There was an explosion as they blew open the doors with a spell. Here is where we meet the main pony in charge of this site. His name was Arch Hooves. He was the main archeologist at the temple.

“What are you ponies doing?” Arch was yelling at the workers currently. “You could have damaged something valuable inside the temple with such a misplaced explosion. What do you have to say for yourselves?” The workers looked at each other and shuffled a bit.

“We apologize if anything in the temple is damaged, but we could only set off the explosion there.” The pony who had answered him was the demolition expert of the group. “The rest of the area is strange.”

“Strange in what way?” Arch was curious now. The temple didn’t seem to have any magic in it at all. In fact, aside from its location above a glacier there wasn’t anything really different about it than other old temples. The workers looked at each other again.

“The rock is incredibly strong.” The demolition pony looked slightly afraid for a moment. “The rock is also heating itself somehow.” Arch stared at the pony for a moment.
“Show me.”


Arch stared that the rock in front of him perplexed. The demolition expert had been right. It was heating itself up. It wasn’t by much but the temperature of the rock was higher than it had any right to be. It was at least room temperature when the temperature outside sat at thirty degrees. Arch turned to put the rock in a box so he could look at it later when a pony burst into his tent. Arch turned to face him and was about to ask what he doing when he gasped something out.

“We found something.” Arch looked at him for a few seconds before making a go on gesture with his hooves. “We were exploring the temple to ensure that there weren’t any traps. One of our guys noticed something while we were exploring. You have to come and see it.” Arch rolled his eyes as he followed the pony out of the tent. He might as well see what had them all worked up.


Arch stared at what appeared to be a statue of a massive being. It sat in a chair carved from the surrounding stone. That wasn’t what interested Arch though. What interested him were the three statues surrounding the being in the chair. They looked similar to the thing, but they were cruder and appeared to be made from different elements. There was one made of rock, one of ice, and one made of what appeared to be steel.

As Arch pondered what the statues could mean, he didn’t realize that thousands of miles away and in a cavern long forgotten by ponykind, something stirred in its slumber. This wouldn’t normally be worrying to anyone had the beings eyes not snapped open and the runes carved in the cavern walls flared a bright red before shifting to a dull black. Something had awakened. Something long forgotten and would normally face no opposition in the world above had its awaken also not awakened the slumbering giant and his creations.

Arch was startled out of his thoughts as the marks covering the temple flared brighter than the sun. Across the planet similar places to the temple were also glowing white as the inhabitants were awakening from their slumber.
Arch stared at the walls and didn’t notice what he assumed to be statues were starting to shift. He didn’t notice that is until the three moving statues spoke.

Regice.”
Registeel.”
Regirock.”
Arch whirled around and felt his jaw drop as what he had assumed to be statues turn as one and walk toward the entrance to the temple. He stared at the statue to see if it would move too, but it remained still. Arch turned and raced after the walking beings.

Outside the temple, the pony workers stared at the beings that had exited the temple and watched as they walked southward. Suddenly Arch burst out of the temple shouting.

“Don’t just stand there you idiots. They are walking in the direction of the empire. Someone has to go and warn them.” As he said that he started to run after the Golems. “You guys go warn the empire, I will follow them and try to stop them.” The worker ponies all ran off as they started gathering their stuff and some Pegasus flying off towards the empire.


(Small time skip)
Princess Cadence stared over the crystal empire content to know of its happiness. She would have done anything to protect it from the evil faced under the rein of Sombra. Suddenly she frowned as she noticed a bunch of ponies running through the streets as if in a panic
.
He stretched her wings as she flew down to the square under the balcony where she had been watching. She watched the ponies come to a halt in front of her. They were all talking at once, but when Cadence raised a hoof, they all quieted down.

“I cannot understand you when you all talk at once.” She pointed at a pony in front of the group who didn’t seem as nervous as the others. “Could you tell me what has you all in such a panic.”

“Gladly my Princess. When we were excavating a temple ruin, we appear to have woke something up.” Cadence raised her hoof and motioned for “him to go on. “ We aren’t sure what they are but they don’t appear to be alive when we first saw them.”

As Cadence thought about what they had told her, she wasn’t aware that in the very same temple that they had awoken the golems in, that the sitting statue was awakening from its eon long slumber. It spoke only one word.

Regigigas.”

Author's Note:

I decided to write a pokemon story after reading friendship is aura. This is a side project so chapter updates would be not very organized.