• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 858 Views, 13 Comments

Three Words On Your Birthday - Anthology - Duplex Fields



"Happy birthday! Three words gets you a quickfic." For those artists and authors I follow, I post this message, and give them a short fanfic for their birthdays. This anthology of birthday shortfics is a birthday present to all my fellow

  • ...
0
 13
 858

Potato war

Rainbow Dash stared at the boar she'd pinned down on the bridge just east of the town square. "Whaddya think you're gonna do in Ponyville with that?"

He glanced at the bronze spear that had been knocked from his stubby hand. "Chasing thief, bluebird. Now out of my way or you sorry."

A crowd gathered, and one brown stallion pulled the gleaming weapon further from the beast's grasp.

"Are you some kind'a guard?" asked Rainbow, as she took in his armor, his round-shorn tusks, and his facial dye. The patterns were clearly designed to make him look fiercer.

Suddenly, a dozen deer dashed swiftly across the bridge, each carrying a brown sack. A single potato fell from one deer's bag as it sped past. "Let me up!" shouted the boar, struggling under Rainbow's grasp. "Father the king no happy about pony wrestling. Unless you want kiss?" He puckered his lips.

"Eeeew," said Rainbow, trying to pull her face as far as she could without compromising her hold. She was glad she didn't have to be the one to figure this out. As with any weirdness in town, Twilight Sparkle would be here soon. Politics was her thing.

Author's Note:

For Noben, webcomic and dA artist, 1/26/13. Story prompt: potato war