• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 2,228 Views, 24 Comments

Quirks - The Princess Rarity



Sometimes, sisterly love can be stronger than you think.

  • ...
9
 24
 2,228

I don't know how to love her...

How do you express your feelings for somepony that never thought once about being your special somepony? More importantly, if they were the one who had been by your side for each and every thing? You two had faced it all together, no matter what and now... something has happened? It's just stirring inside, wanting to be said, screamed, and admitted.

"Cloudy?"

"Yeah, Flitt?"

Flitter, who was blushing madly, held out her hooves, in which were tied together with her favorite magenta mane ribbon.

Cloud Chaser chuckled and smiled, struggling to help her baby sister with the daily predicament. At least once a week, this would happen, and everytime, it was admittedly humorous. Ever since they were fillies it was the same way; Flitter would struggle with the smallest things and it would end in a laugh. A little quirk they shared.

"There ya go, Flitt. You're free as a bird now."

Flitter smiled sheepishly. "Thank you." she replied in her shy and sweet voice.

Cloud Chaser shook her head playfully and returned the grin as she watched her sister fumble with the ribbon tirelessly, like always. No matter how many times she tried, the younger mare would never manage to tie her mane up right.

.
.
.

"Cloudy!"

"What is it, Flitt?"

Flitter pouted and crossed her hooves as she threw the hair ribbon down. "I don't wanna wear my mane all pretty!"

"Neither do I." Cloud Chaser frowned. "But you have to."

"But it's my birthday party! Why can't I do what I want?"

"Flitt, it's our birthday. And it's because Mom doesn't want you looking like you just woke up."

"I don't look like that." the younger pegasus argued, kicking the ground in frustration. However, her statement was the exact opposite. She very much did look like she just rolled out of bed, despite her protests.

"Let me help ya, Flitt."

.
.
.

And so their little quirk began. And from that day, their sixth birthday, not a thing has ever changed... save the fact that Flitter actually liked wearing her mane 'all pretty' now.

The two of them may have matured in age, but never in personality. They were still silly and childish, but when it was time to act right, they knew that much. (Cloud Chaser more than Flitter, but nonetheless, still.) And unlike some other siblings, they never grew apart; they were stuck together like glue. Was it because of the fact that it was just them, and nopony else for them to depend upon? Perhaps. Or maybe it was that they made a promise, so long ago...

.
.
.

"Hey, Flightless!"

"L-L-Leave me alone!"

"You wimp! What kind of pegasus are you if you can't fly?"

Flitter frowned and tears welled in her eyes as she gazed at the edge of the cloud before her. "I can fly!" she squeaked. "I'll show you!"

"Flitt, don't!" But it was too late. Like her baby sister, Cloud Chaser's heart fell. "Flitter!"

She wasn't very strong for her age, but there was a reason she was one of the fastest fliers on her team. In less than a blink of an eye, Flitter's screams ceased and she was giggling in joy, safe in her big sister's hooves.

"Flightless needs to be rescued everytime!"

"Shut up!" Cloud Chaser shrieked. "I'd like to see you even try what she did!"

Silence. The bullies walked off.

"Cloudy?"

"Yeah, Flitt?" Cloud Chaser was now in a firm embrace with her little sister. A tight, but not breath-taking, hug.

"Thank you, Cloudy. I was so scared. I just didn't know what to do and..."

"Shh, shh, shh. Don't worry, Flitt. I promise to always catch you."

.
.
.

And to think, today was that one day everypony took any chance they could to ask that one simple question. About a role. A role that fillies and colts often mocked one another with on the playground, but never realizing what the true meaning of it was.

"Cloudy?"

"Yeah, Flitt?"

"Have you ever thought about when you'll find your very special somepony?" Flitter giggled innocently and tried to hold back a blush, to no avail.

Hearts and Hooves Day. That was today. How time flew by. Wasn't it just Hearth's Warming?

"Nah." Cloud Chaser lied, with a smirk.

"Have you ever wondered who they might be?"

The older mare blinked slowly and managed a shrug. "Not really." she hesitated as she faked a smile, shaking her head. "You?"

"Sometimes." Flitter admitted, with a sheepish smile. "I'd bet it's somepony who's kind, caring, sweet..." she let out a content sigh and the crimson along her cheeks only grew darker. "I'm rambling again..."

"You know me, Flitt." Cloud Chaser chuckled, with a careless wave of her hoof. "I don't care if you talk." It was cliche, but if things were different, she'd be the one rambling. About so many things. Endless facts.

"Well," the younger pegasus sighed. "I'm off to work! See you later, Cloudy!" With a wave, Flitter then sped out of the household the both of them shared and now, all alone, with nothing but the frantic thoughts in her mind, Cloud Chaser stood there, staring at the cumulus clouds that made up the walls of the home.

"See ya, Flitt." she murmured, shaking her head. She knew what she was thinking was completely wrong, but it wasn't fair. Did she really have to have that curse of being related to the mare she loved?

.
.
.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth!"

"Cloud Chaser, you ain't becoming a wimp, are ya?"

"Shut up." the brash teenage mare in question snapped.

"You got a crush on anypony in this room?"

"You gone soft, Dash?"

"Shut up!"

Cloud Chaser froze and blinked slowly, with a simple shrug as she traced the carpet with a hoof.

"Y'know, if it's a filly, none of us are gonna care. We all know Dash has a thing for..."

"I said, shut up!"

"I'm not really into anypony." Cloud Chaser lied as her violet eyes met the identical ones across the room from her. Those eyes may have been exactly like her own, but the mare who beheld them was her exact opposite...

All the while the same.

.
.
.

"I could never ask her."

Author's Note:

Here you guys go, my Hearts and Hooves Day fic! :heart: Pointless fluff!

The main, and only, reason I decided to post and write it around this time is because I figured publishing it around the time of the holiday means that this fic would just get lost in the rush, so I was like, "Whatever." and did what I wanted. Deal w/ it, muthabuckas.

Hope y'all liked! :pinkiehappy: Please comment!

(Note: This actually was originally going to be an OctaScratch story, but, even though it's my OTP, I couldn't write a decent fic for them if my life depended on it, sadly. So twincest is wincest.)

Comments ( 24 )

Cloud Chaser chuckled and smiled, struggling to help her baby sister with the daily predicament. At least once a week, this would happen, and everytime, it was admittedly humorous.

You put it's a "daily predicament" one sentence but "happens at least once a week" the next.

Great story. You SOOO should've done it for OctaScratch. They my OTP too. Can't wait to see more from you. Now, to your other story you just posted...

2003331

Great gif. Poor Doctor.

Incest is wincest! :twilightsmile:
Really like this one, all be it a little short to my liking. I hoped it would be longer! -that's what she said

2003425 :derpytongue2: Oh, you.

(Surprised that you ain't complaining that it's not OctaScratch.)

2003429
Easy: you'll be writing an OctaScratch soon! :raritywink:
...Right? Right?! :fluttershysad:

2003449
Hmm... You could have done better... Welp, one more reason for you to write an OctaScratch! *ACHOO*

2003460.... You gave me an idea.

AWAY, I GO, TO WRITE!

You made me cry manly tears with this story! I can relate to this so much! I too wonder if I'll ever find my special someone...

Oh god I love this ship!:pinkiehappy:

Sweet, another Flitter and Cloudchaser fic. That pretty much means I have to read it, which I just did. I did find that this seemed quite rushed, most of the facts not being able to fit into its 1.1k length. It's just that the many scene changes within a short period of time seemed kinda distracting. Just needs some more meat, you know?

Don't get me wrong though, I did enjoy reading it. Oh. and Flitter getting her hooves tied up in the ribbon was also a very cute mental image.

That was nice.

I'm not familiar with the characters. But I liked it.

i like that saying 'twincest is wincest' i always said 'TWINCEST FOR THE WIN' but anyways, bit off topic there, great story. It was interesting

I wish there was more but I guess there won't be

Good work nonetheless

I hate any kind of incest shipping, but this made me happy. Well done...

Poor Cloud man that sucks.. My feels ae kiling me :fluttercry::raritycry::applecry::fluttershysad::raritydespair:

Cute. So... Gonna write a longer continuation at some point?

That was a really nice story! :yay:

As a twin myself, I find this disturbing. :rainbowderp:

Login or register to comment