• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 6,017 Views, 516 Comments

Apple of My Eye - musicalreader



What happens when you make a wish on a falling star? well, if you're dreaming, Princess Luna might just help you out with it. And you may find yourself transformed, and living a life of romance, adventure, and craziness befitting Pinkie Pie... m

  • ...
25
 516
 6,017

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

Apple of My Eye- Ch. 26

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

AKA- Somewhere, Someone is Calling Shenanigans…




“Uhhh… Luna?”

“Yes?”

“……is it going to hurt?”

“Only a little at first… then it will fade. You might even enjoy the sensations…”

“Okay… but, does Celestia have to be here to watch?”

“Not exactly… but she insisted…”

“Royal prerogative.” Celestia said, shrugging and smiling from her cushion on the floor across from Luna and Aurora. “Besides, due to the thoroughness of the magic at work, there is a chance that the monster sealed inside you could potentially break free…”

“That’s… actually a good reason…” Aurora consented.

“And just so you are able to relax a little bit more, I will be with you the entire time.” Luna promised, wrapping a wing over Aurora protectively. “Think of it as just a small way for me to show my gratitude after what you did in the Everfree…”

“Oh I’m sure you can think of something far more… interesting… to show your gratitude, Luna.” Celestia said, winking at her sister.

“………Okay… no idea what’s going on, but is it time yet?” Aurora chimed in, feeling the temperature drop in the room as the two Alicorn’s stared each other down.

“Almost… I lower the sun in about another three minutes, then, when Luna raises her moon, the magic will begin to unwind.”

The room grew quieter, the only sounds coming from Celestia as she sipped a cup of tea and perused a book.

“……Hey, Luna…” Aurora said, breaking the silence.

“Yes?”

“How come it's only Celestia’s magic in this crystal?” Aurora asked, nudging the earring with a wingtip. “I thought you had the most experience in dealing with that creature…”

“Well… I did…… but I was scared that if I added my own magic to the mix, that it would only weaken the seal… I didn’t want to risk hurting you and those around you… I didn’t want to hurt you…” Luna admitted somberly, looking away.

“……I think I’d have liked to have a piece of you with me though… it would have made me feel safe…” Aurora admitted, stretching out on her cushion and starting to drift off to sleep, “It feels better when you’re close…”
The royal sisters exchanged looks of equal parts confusion, surprise, and an emotion that can only be expressed with the phrase ‘Daaawwww’.

“Do… do you really mean that?” Luna asked, smiling and blushing while looking down at her protégé. “I… you… well, I mean, there’s something I wanted to tell you after you woke up, but things have been so hectic lately, I guess I forgot, but… I don’t want you to leave me either Aurora…. Orion… whichever!”

“Uh… Luna?”

“Not now Tia, I’m confessing my affections.” Luna snapped, glaring at her sister, who was trying not to laugh, “Now, as I was saying. I want us to always be together… you’re one of the first in a long time to ever truly see my night sky as I want it to be seen… and I want you to be there with me for every night from here on. Aurora… I… I think that I lo-”

Unfortunately, Luna’s words were cut off by a rather loud snore coming from under her wing, where Aurora had curled up, and was now fast asleep.

“Did… did she just…” Luna tried to say completely caught off guard by the unexpectedly unconscious Pegasus roosting under her wing.

“I tried to- tried to tell…” Celestia choked out, laughing hysterically from her pillow, rolling off and onto her back, her legs flailing about in the air as she guffawed at the perfect timing of it all. “The sun- the sun’s down… magic put her to sleep. Oh sweet ME it hurts to breathe now!”

“…………”

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

Halberd was about to doze off, out in the hallway…

“Seriously…. I KNOW that both of the Princesses are in there… so why do I even have to be here? Nothing exciting ever happens…” he whined, sitting down and closing his eyes for a brief moment, enjoying the silence.

“ART THOU BUCKING KIDDING US?!” finally broke the silence, the Royal Caps Lock shuddering through the hall and almost giving Halberd a heart attack. A second later, the door to the room was blasted off its hinges, slamming into the opposite wall and missing Halberd by inches as he scrambled to his feet and tried not to look surprised when Princess Luna stormed out and began looking around.

“YOU, GUARD.” She said, pointing a hoof at him, “THOU ART NOT DOING ANYTHING OF IMPORT. GO TO THE KITCHENS AND FETCH US THE LARGEST CONTAINER OF ‘CHUNKY BOULEVARD’ ICED CREAM THAT THOU CAN FIND.”

Halberd blinked and smacked the side of his head with a hoof… partly because he wasn’t sure if he was actually asleep, and partly because he was pretty sure that he had just lost a good portion of his hearing…

“Can… can you repeat that again Princess?” he asked hesitantly. “I don’t think I understood you…”

It was at this point that Princess Celestia poked her head out of the newly ventilated doorway and smiled kindly at him.

“My sister wants you to go to the kitchen and get one of the cartons of ‘Rocky Road’ ice cream for her.” She said, giggling and thinking for a second or two. “Actually, better make it two cartons, and a couple of spoons if you don’t mind.”

“Uhhh… yes your Majesty?” he replied, bowing shakily. No amount of training had ever prepared him for this kind of situation…

“Wonderful! Oh, and if you see a young mare named Twilight Sparkle, could you send her up in case things get-” the Sun Princess began to say, cut off by a rather bright blue glow emanating from behind her.

“Uh oh… Halberd, just go and get the ice cream, and bring three spoons, not two, and a bar of chocolate.” Princess Celestia instructed, dragging Princess Luna back into the room with her, shouting something to Luna about 'not letting those pesky tentacles get a grip on her' before another flash of light, this one a bright yellowish white, lit up the hallway and Halberd had to stumble away with spots in his eyes…

“Okay… that does it. Next time I put in for a transfer, I’m requesting something cushy, like the Crystal Empire…” he muttered, stumbling towards what he hoped was the staircase…

“………I went into the closet, didn’t I?” he asked, blinking in the dark and sighing, “Ugh… one of these days, I’m going to remember what door goes where in this castle…”

Eventually, he managed to extricate himself from the cleaning supply closet, and managed to find the correct door that took him to the stairs. After gliding down them in record time (a perk of being a Pegasus) and winding his way through the castle corridors towards the kitchen, he was surprised to find that the kitchen was… well, he wasn’t exactly sure what it was at that moment…

“The hay?!” he said, staring around in mild shock. There was ice coating the floor, and there were large blocks of colored ice around the room, some of them looking like they were half carved statues in an artist’s gallery… oh no… there was only one pony that would do this…

“Flambé…” he muttered to himself, groaning.

“You called?” a voice said from behind Halberd, making him jump, spinning around and in a defensive stance as he looked at the small Prench chef, still holding a small wooden mallet and an ice pick in his hooves, a crazy grin on his muzzle as he took in the sight of the guard pony in his kitchen. “Hmm… that’s a very nice pose you have there… come with me soldier, I wish to proposition you.”

“You want to WHAT me?!” Halberd replied, backing up against an oven that was currently encased in a thin layer of ice.

“I said that I want to position you, you know, you hold a pose while I carve your likeness into the ice.” Flambé said, looking at Halberd like it was the most normal question in the world, “It is my latest idea of culinary genius. I have taken the Princesses favorite flavors, extracted their pure essence, and distilled them in giant tubs of water to be made into blocks of ice. I then carefully carve beautiful figures that best demonstrate the flavors into the ice, and at the next state banquet, the entirety of the nobility will see the beauty of the Princesses refined tastes as I do! It shall be all the more wonderful when after a sampling of the ice, the nobles will be able to taste my food and truly appreciate it!”

While Flambé stood there making his speech, Halberd went about the business of grabbing a couple cartons of ice cream from the freezer (it was actually the counter, but the entire room was freezing, so whatever…) as well as a couple of spoons and a chocolate bar from the “Royal Confection’s” box near the door. As Flambé finished his little tirade, Halberd coughed, trying to get his attention.

“What is it?!” the chef asked excitedly, as if Halberd had just interrupted some kind of life changing revelation.

“Uh yeah, just wanted to let you know that that plan sounds awesome, but I have to be going now… oh yeah, and I’m taking these with me.” He said, gesturing to the snacks he had in hoof, “Princess’s orders. Good luck with… whatever it was you were doing…”

“Oh, why thank you, now be gone with you, I was in the middle of a burst of genius!” Flambé said, waving a hoof dismissively.

“More like a burst of insanity…” Halberd muttered, leaving the kitchen and hurrying back to the tower room that the Princesses were in. “I just hope that whatever’s going on in that room doesn’t leave too big of a mess…”

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

……………

Aw crud

He’d been gone for maybe ten minutes, fifteen at the most… and the freaking door was in a splintered heap of wood and metal, a good chunk of the wall was missing now, and he already knew who was gonna get the blame for this one…

“Guard!” Celestia’s voice called out, startling him out of his private pity party at the top of the stairs, “Do you have what I sent you for?”

“Y-yes your Highness!” he responded quickly, hopping over the rubble and entering the room… well, what was left of it…

“Excellent! If you could please bring the ice cream and chocolate here, and then you may relieve yourself of duty.” Princess Celestia said, smiling from her place on a large floor cushion.

“…Relieve myself of duty?” he said numbly, starting to object. “Majesty… I don’t think I can… I mean, my superior officer-”

“Your superior officer answers to me… and I say that you have earned a night off… in fact, take tomorrow off as well and get some sleep. Or, if you feel up to it, I believe one of the chef’s down in the kitchens is trying something new for this month’s state dinner… perhaps you could see fit to help him out?” Celestia rebutted, smiling and yanking a chunk of the rocky road ice cream out of the carton, the other carton levitating over towards Princess Luna, who was curled up on a separate cushion, and holding onto what looked like a large doll of some kind…

“Uhhh… I think I’ll just take tomorrow off and get some rest…” Halberd replied weakly, today was turning out seriously weird… “If you don’t mind my asking Princess… what happened in here?”

“Nothing to worry about my little pony… just some minor pest control and a makeover…” she answered cryptically, levitating a spoonful of rocky road to her lips, “Now, as I said, relieve yourself of duty. Go on, scoot. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here…”

“Yes your majesty.” He said, clicking his hooves together and turning in place to stride out of the room with some semblance of professionalism… and promptly tripped over a piece of wall. “I’m alright…” he said, picking himself up and making for the stairway, trying not to look back at the Princess, who was now laughing softly as he disappeared down the stairwell, eager to go back to his barrack and take a nap. Today had really been too weird for his tastes…

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“Sho… ish he awake?” Celestia asked, speaking around a large ball of ice cream she’d just shoved in her muzzle. “If he ish, he needs chocolate… fasht.”

“Will you at least swallow before you try and speak?” Luna shot back, glaring over her shoulder at Celestia, “I swear, you’re worse than Blueblood sometimes…”

“You take that back!” the older Alicorn said, standing up and waving a spoon at Luna telekinetically. “I am nowhere NEAR that level of snobbery… besides, chocolate is an important thing for all of us right now…”

“How?”

“Chocolate makes anypony feel better inside… and between the hormone changes that the spell would have forced his body through, and that monster hiding away, we could all use a little bit of an emotional boost.”

Luna seemed to consider this, nodding her head and leaning her head down a bit to nuzzle Orion awake.

“Mmrrr… whaisit?” he murmered sleepily, burrowing his head more into the underside of her wing.

“It’s time to wake up Orion… come on now, open your eyes…” Luna coaxed, speaking softly and withdrawing the wing that was covering him. “We have chocolate for you…”

As she waved the chocolate bar in front of him, he slowly opened an eye and peeked out, his head still swimming and feeling like he was underwater.

“……you called me Orion… does that mean the spell wore off?” he asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes with his hooves, yawning wide as he tried to regain full consciousness. “Is it tomorrow?”

“No little one.” Celestia answered, giggling at the arguably cute wakeup. “It’s still tonight. The spell works much faster the second time around… Now quickly, eat the chocolate… it will help.”

“Here.” Luna said, breaking off a piece of the chocolate and popping it into his open mouth as he yawned again. “Make sure that you finish the whole bar… and afterwards, we can take you to see the girls again. I’m sure they will be overjoyed to see that you are back to normal once again.”

“Luna, I don’t think normal is a word that anyone should be using around those six… or you two… mmm, this is good chocolate though…” Orion answered, chuckling softly as the chocolaty taste melted on his tongue, a warmth seeping through him as he felt his insides unknot, and a comfortable feeling of peace overtake him… “Am I supposed to feel this tired?” he asked, looking at the two royal sisters and yawning as they watched him eating, their muzzles buried in their own ice cream cartons.

“It’s a side effect of the spell… you didn’t notice last time because you were, well… sloshed… but this time, we kind of woke you up early to make sure that it was you, and not that monster, that was in control of your body.” Luna answered, smiling uneasily.

“… So, why is everypony eating chocolate?”

“Long story short, it’s a feel good food.” Celestia said simply, “And after the weirdness that popped up when you were asleep, a little treat isn’t anything overboard.”

“You just killed an entire carton of ice cream… how is that a ‘little treat’? and what happened when I was asleep?”

“Tentacles…” Luna answered, shuddering, “And a bunch of other low grade stuff like levitation, speaking in reverse, throwing out curses in ancient Equuish… did I forget anything else Tia?”

“He threw you through the wall.” Celestia supplied, giggling, “You should have seen your face when you got launched! You had this look of, oh darn, not this again that was just precious!”

“Oh right… that… well at least that explains why I had rubble in my mane.” She admitted, shaking her head and littering the ground nearby with tiny flecks of stone and mortar. “Now, Orion, have you finished your chocolate?”

Orion nodded, shoving the last decadent square in his mouth, a small fleck of chocolate at the corner of his mouth.

“Then perhaps it is time to reintroduce you to your friends.” Celestia said, standing up from her cushion and dropping the carton in a nearby trash can. “Luna, are you going to finish that?” she asked, motioning at Luna’s own half-finished carton.

Luna looked down, rolling her eyes and tossing what was left at her sister, “Here, better you eating it now than sneaking it later before bed…” she said sarcastically as Celestia dove her muzzle into the frosty treat, polishing it off fast enough that Pinkie Pie would have been impressed had she seen it.

“So… where are they?” Orion asked, standing near the ruined doorway anxiously.

“They should be in the eastern tower. I can teleport us there if you’d like.” Luna offered, wrapping a wing around Orion and eyeing the chocolate clinging to the corner of his mouth.

“I actually think I’d like to walk…” he said, “I mean… no offense Luna, but teleporting alongside somepony just doesn’t feel that good on a full stomach…”

Luna giggled, nodding her approval and walking him out the door and down the stairs, leaving Celestia in the ruined room, not that she noticed, as she was a bit too busy finishing off every last speck of Rocky Road from the carton.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“So, Orion… how does it feel to be back in a male body?” Luna asked as they walked down one of the many large corridors that honeycombed the castle.

“It’s… interesting… I don’t know how to describe it really… I feel kind of the same, but different too… kind of like I’m a little less exposed. Does that make any sense?” he replied, thinking about it and looking around at the stained glass windows that decorated the walls.

“It does make some sense… but I’ve only been the subject of that particular spell once, and I felt like I was a bit more exposed as a male to be perfectly honest.” She said frankly, shrugging. “That manestyle looks good on you by the way… it shows off your face quite nicely.”

“Uhhh… thanks… it’s still a little weird after dealing with that long hair for so long though. My head feels lighter.” Orion said, shaking his head in an attempt at ruffling his mane that proved fruitless.

Luna giggled at the strange behavior as they rounded a corner and he smacked face first into a statue. “Oh my…” she said sympathetically, still laughing, “Are- are you alright?”

“I’m fine… just wish you’d stop moving around so much…” he said, his eyes rolling around as he tried to get his bearings back and push himself back to standing.

“……I never moved Orion.” Luna said simply, watching with amusement as her friend tried to walk a straight line and fell backwards to sit on his haunches. “Here, let me help…” she said, laying on the floor in front of him and tucking her legs underneath as she lit her horn up and touched it to his forehead.

“What are you-” he tried to ask, a feeling wrapping around him like a familiar blanket. “Oh wow… that does feel better…”

“Heheheh, that’s one of the few spells I actually created.” Luna bragged, smiling warmly as she stared into Orion’s eyes, “I wasn’t the most coordinated filly when I was still young, and I hated going to the healer, so I created my own kind of magic to heal minor wounds and headaches…”

“That’s pretty impressive Luna.” Orion admitted, staring back into her eyes and blushing at the close proximity. “I mean, you came up with a spell all your own as a filly? The most I did when I was little was make a game with my friends… we found out later that there was already something like it called Bombardment.”

“Hmmm… well it sounds to me as if you had a bit more fun in making things up at least.” Luna said, her eyes moving to the corner of Orion’s mouth, where he still had a small fleck of chocolate hanging on for dear life. “Hold still…” she ordered, looking serious for a second or two.

“Why? Is there something behind me?” he asked, turning his head slightly and looking away as Luna closed the distance and brushed her lips against the corner of his mouth, her tongue darting out to grab the chocolate crumb as she planted a soft kiss where it once was. This had the rather interesting reaction of Orion freezing in place, his mind temporarily out of order as Luna got back to her feet, hiding her face from his gaze as she walked away and tried to keep her composure.

“You had something on your cheek, so I decided to help clean it off for you… are you coming?” she said, looking over her shoulder once she had gotten her blushing under control.

“Huh? Oh, yeah… just… yeah…” he said, still in mild shock as he clambered to his hooves and followed the Alicorn of the night, almost tripping as she led the way to the eastern tower. “Uhhh… Luna… why did you-” he started to ask, cut off when they arrived outside the room everypony was waiting for them in, the doors flung open by Pinkie Pie, a shower of confetti popping out of her mane as she started to cheer and jump around.

“WHOO! HE’ABACKHE’SBACKHE’SBAAAACK!” she cheered, hugging him and spinning around like a whirling dervish. “Oh I can’t wait till we get back to Ponyville and I get to reintroduce you to everypony! Imeanthey’llprobablyrememberyouanywaycuzthere’snotthatmanycutestallionsaroundbutit’snoteverydaythatigettotellpeople, “Hey, you’ve already met, but last time you did, he was a mare!” I mean, how cool is THAT?!”

“Easy there Pinkie, you’re gonna break him before we even have a chance to go on our date.” Rainbow cautioned, snatching Orion from the pink menace before he passed out from being overhugged (a medical condition wherein the patient’s body is crushed and they are unable to breathe. Oddly enough, there has been only two documented cases in Equestrian history, and they were both caused by Pinkie Pie as a young filly. It is not fatal, but still not fun…)

“And just what the hay do ya think yer doin’ haulin’ him off fer yerself?!” Applejack asked angrily, jumping up and dragging her friend down, causing all three ponies to crash on the marble floor in a pile. “We ain’t even asked him if he’s up fer it!”

Orion would have asked what they were talking about, but something about being sandwiched between two mares and having the wind knocked out of him made his words come out as a squeak and a cough. It was at this moment that, seeing Orion whole and healthy again, Rarity and Fluttershy decided to take their leave, dragging Pinkie Pie out by her tail as she waved goodbye to the group.

Luna, for her part, was taking the mare-handling of her protégé rather well… settling for tapping her hoof to get everypony’s attention rather than resorting to the Royal Caps Lock.

“If you all are quite through abusing Orion… could one of you calmly explain what you are talking about?” she asked, staring between Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

“Well, see, we got invited to this thing with Twilight’s coltfriend, and we were gonna ask Orion if he wanted to come along for a ride-THE ride I mean… yeah… come along for THE ride… right AJ?” Rainbow explained, getting off of the crushed stallion and standing next to him while he and Applejack got to their hooves.

“That’s about it Princess.” AJ confirmed, wrapping a foreleg around Orion’s withers and making sure that he was breathing again. “Sun Storm told us that it might do Orion here some good after the spell wore off… and it’d be swell ta get back ta some sense’ve normalcy again.”

“…Sun Storm? Sun Storm is Twilight’s special somepony?” Luna asked, a grin forming across her muzzle before she caught herself and returned to a mask of regal indifference. “Hmmm… does anypony happen to recall if he said that the invitation was open to others besides yourselves?”

“Uhhh… Ah think he said that any of Twi’s friends were welcome… but he’s hoofin’ the bill, so we were gonna try and keep it small…” the orange Earth Pony said hesitantly, not liking the scheming glimmer in Luna’s eye.

“Wonderful! And are any of the others going to be accompanying you two tonight?”

“Well… no…” Dash said, exchanging a worried look with Applejack. Even if they were rivals, having to compete with a bucking Princess was too much!

“Perfect! Then I shall join you three on this little, dinner date…” Luna said excitedly, picking Orion up in her magical grip and walking out the door. Applejack and Rainbow stood rooted to the spot. Had Princess Luna seriously just crashed their double date with Orion? And then carried him off without a second thought?!

“Are you two coming?” Luna asked, poking her head back in, “Because I have NO idea where we’re going…”

“Eeyup! We’re comin’!” Applejack replied, startled and galloping out of the room.

“Hey! Wait for me!” Rainbow Dash hollered, taking wing after the two mares and Orion.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

Three blocks… it took him THREE BUCKING BLOCKS, to convince Luna that he was perfectly able to walk… and even then, he had to promise to not run ahead. Luckily enough for him, there weren’t many ponies out and about near the castle. The sole exception to this rule were guards, who had apparently gotten used to the occasional odd sight wen one of the Princesses were nearby.

Luckier still, for him at least, Canterlot had a much more even male to female ratio, so he wasn’t such a noticeable sight. Well, between that, and the fact that there was a Princess walking the streets right next to him, he was fairly confident that nopony would notice him once they hit the main streets of Canterlot. They’d probably be too busy bowing or going about their business to pay much attention to their small group.



Naturally, he was completely wrong…



“Hmmm… I do not recall the citizens paying this much attention to me without Tia being nearby, or it was Nightmare Night… what do you suppose has them so intrigued?” Luna asked, looking around the street as they walked along.

“Couldn’t possibly be the fact that a bucking Princess is walking around with a stallion floating next to her…” Rainbow muttered to herself, and simultaneously earning a smack upside the back of the head from Applejack.

“Hush up you… ya got no room ta complain, when we both know dang well that either one of us woulda grabed him fer ourselves first chance we got…” AJ said, frowning, “Still… Ah wish she’d at least let set him back on his hooves. He ain’t a little foal…”



As if to emphasize her point, a couple of passing unicorns across the street saw fit to comment on the strange sight.

“Pepper...” the first Unicorn said, a purple mare that almost looked like Twilight, “Isn’t that the Princess? Why do you think she’s carrying that Pegasus? Oooh! Do you think that he did something bad?! I’ll bet he’s a world class criminal that tried to steal her crown and got caught and now he’s being taken to the courthouse to stand trial and spend the rest of his life in prison...he even looks a little shifty...”

“Honestly Zoe, will you PLEASE show a little tact around royalty?” the second Unicorn (an almost completely black coated mare, with one very odd white streak running down her back) said, scolding her companion loud enou Besides, I doubt that Princess Luna would be running around playing at being a guard... That stallion’s probably going to get whisked off to the palace to be her royal consort, where they’ll pass the nights in each other’s embrace, staring lovingly up at the stars that the Princess lays out...”

“......you’re just weird Pepper...”



“Luna, can you please set me down?” Orion pleaded, trying to look upset, but unable to maneuver himself in midair to look angry... he had to settle for looking mildly annoyed instead. “I’m pretty sure that other ponies are staring, and this is humiliating!”

“You say that now Orion, but what if something were to happen to you?” Luna replied, glancing over her shoulder at him, “You’ve put yourself at risk more than I care for this week, so indulge me for a little bit... besides, you look cute when you’re frustrated.”

Between Luna’s words and the cute smile she accented them with, Orion couldn’t really think of a response besides muttering the phrase “not cute” to himself repeatedly. He also started murmuring some other inaudible curses that would have been right at home in the mouth of an 80’s cartoon villain, but that might be better attributed to the fact that Luna accidentally smacked his head into a light pole when she walked around a large puddle in the road.

“Uhhh, Luna, Ah think he’s gonna be safe, even if he’s walking around on his own...” Applejack said, wincing as she saw Orion’s eyes rolling around in his head after kissing the street sign. “Ah mean, even if trouble was gonna come lookin’ for him, he’s with all three of us. And he’s a grown stallion, Ah think he can walk down a road without fallin’ in a hole or somethin’...”

“Yeah Luna... besides, you want this to be a low key thing, right?” Dash said, hovering in front of the Princess.

“But of course... what need do I have for guards when I am having dinner with friends?” Luna answered, stopping in the middle of the street.

“Then try showing that and relax a bit. Nothing’s gonna happen to Orion while the three of us are around.”

“Hmmmm... you may be right Rainbow Dash... but still...” Luna said uncertainly.

“Alright, I didn’t want to have to say this, but Princess, you look like a little filly that doesn’t want to let go of their doll.” Dash said, her words causing Luna’s eyes to bug out, and Orion and Applejack had to fight hard to contain their giggling. “You don’t want your sister hearing that you were carrying around one of your subjects like a doll, do you?”

“The teasing... the pranks...” Luna muttered, her magic faltering and sending Orion crashing to the ground, where Applejack helped him to his feet. “Neigh Rainbow Dash, I certainly don’t wish to give her the weapons with which to poke and prod at me... she’s been looking for just about anything she could use to torment me after the last time I planted fireworks inside one of her cakes...”

“Then why not just act like a normal pony for tonight, and leave the levitation stuff alone, hmm?” Rainbow suggested, smiling like she was the best thing to happen to ponies since hay-fries.

“I... suppose that is acceptable...” Luna said grudgingly. “Just remember, if anything happens to him tonight because you would not have me protect him... I know where you dream......”

“Princess, I’m probably the last pony that would let him get hurt...” She hissed back, offended. “And why are you being so possessive anyway? I thought you said you weren’t interested in him like that and this seems to be going a little further than just a student/teacher thing...”

Luna straightened up. Was she really being that obvious?

“I… I have no idea what thou art talking about…” Luna replied indignantly, slipping into ye olde Canterlot speech patterns.

“Oh yeah? Cuz I might not be the most attentive pony in the herd, but even I can tell that you’re treating Orion differently now… you’re more grabby with him…” Rainbow accused, staring down the Princess of the Night.

Before Rainbow Dash could continue grilling her however, Applejack walked over to the two mares and separated them bodily.

“Alright you two… now are we gonna get a move on or are we gonna stand here and collect dust? We’re already late fer meetin’ Twilight at that restaurant.” She said neutrally, looking between her friends. “Besides, even if we ain’t hungry, Ah’m sure Orion is… and Ah ain’t exactly likin’ some of the looks he’s getting’.”

At the mention of Orion’s name, both Luna and Rainbow looked over at where he was standing in front of a book shop, looking at the display and completely oblivious to a couple of Canterlot Filly’s giving him the once over as they walked past. The two blue mares looked at each other once more, glaring competitively and turning to walk back to their shared date, Applejack walking between them just in case anything else should trigger their possessive natures.

“Oh! Hey girls.” Orion said pleasantly when he saw the three mares walking over. “Are you all ready to get going now?”

“Sure are sugarcube.” AJ said, sidling up to his side and nuzzling him quickly, “Just had ta talk about a couple a things.”

“What kinds of things?” he asked curiously.

“Uhhh… we were talking about… the weather…” Luna said, feebly fibbing.

“The weather?” Orion questioned, looking up. “It looks fine to me…”

“Yeah, you do…” Dash muttered to herself, shaking her head when he glanced over confused, “I mean, yeah… Luna was just asking about how the weather stuff worked in Ponyville. I mean, she obviously knows how the weather works, but I was telling her the ins and outs of the weather planning committee and my job as the weather manager.”

“Well… okay… So, how far away is this restaurant thing? I really want to meet Twilight’s coltfriend.”

“You… do?” Rainbow asked, sharing a worried look with Luna. “Uhhh… I don’t think he swings that way… and I didn’t think you did either…”

“Hmm? Oh, no, not like that Rainbow.” He said, looking a little embarrassed. “It’s just, well… I’m a bit of a romantic at heart, and I just like seeing love grow between folks… it makes me feel good. Besides, I haven’t exactly had much of a love life, and I’m not the most observant individual, so I’m like, 90 percent sure that if anyone ever expressed interest, I’d completely miss the signs…”

'No shit'… all three mares thought at the same time, rolling their eyes.

They continued on their way down the twisting streets of the Equestrian capital when suddenly, Orion stopped, staring into the distance before breaking into a full gallop towards a nearby park entrance.

“Orion! Where are you going?!” Applejack called, racing after him and leaving Luna and Rainbow Dash behind as they stood rooted to the spot in surprise.

By the time she caught up to him, the other two mares in question were flying overhead and all three came to a stop near a large rose bush, where Orion was sitting, gazing at the crimson flowers. Before anypony could berate him about running off like a madmare though, all three heard a distinct sniffling sound as a tear streaked its way down his cheek.

“Sugarcube? Are you alright?” AJ asked, closing the distance and sitting next to him on the ground.

He nodded mutely, wiping away his tears with a wingtip, “Yeah Applejack… I’m fine… I just… I don’t know. It’s just some old memories coming up…”

“Orion…” Luna said softly, sitting on his other side, “There is nothing wrong in letting out what you feel… and keeping sad thoughts bottled up will do you no good. Is there anything we can do to help?”

“Yeah. I can’t have you getting all sad on me…” Dash said, plopping down in front of him and giving him a gentle smile. “How’s that gonna look for me if you’re crying when I’m around?”

“Sorry girls… I don’t know what came over me… it’s just… roses…” he said, his voice cracking somewhat towards the end before he gritted his teeth and lowered his head to the ground, whimpering softly.

Without saying a word, all three mares closed the gap, wrapping their forelegs and wings around him in a protective cocoon, nuzzling him as he calmed down in their embrace.

“Shhhh… it’s alright hun… we’re here…” Applejack said soothingly, tightening her grip around him. She was the closest to him in the group hug, and felt every tiny shudder and suppressed sob that wracked through his body. Each shiver was like a dagger in her heart. “Ah’m here fer ya… and Ah always will be…”

“I-I know that… and you girls have really made me feel at home, for the first time really… but there’s some things that just pop into my head sometimes… I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize.” Rainbow said, frowning slightly, “You didn’t do anything wrong. Everypony cries sometimes… I’m just glad you did it where we were able to be here for you… I don’t like the thought of you being alone and trying to deal with whatever it is that’s bugging you…”

“And you know that you’re precious to me Orion.” Luna said, her horn lighting up as she attempted to fill his mind with happy thoughts of his time in Equestria. “So don’t ever think that you’re a burden or have cause to be sorry. Do you understand?”

He nodded, calming down and cuddling closer to the three mares.

After a few more minutes of staying put, just holding onto each other, a small cough rousing them from their own private thoughts.

“Ummm… is everything alright?” Twilight asked, eyeballing her friends while Sun stood behind her, having the decency to at least try not to look.

“Gah! Twilight! Don’t you know better than to sneak up on ponies?” Dash asked, jumping away from the group hug slightly and glaring at the two outsiders.

“Well that wasn’t very nice Rainbow… she was just checking that we were okay.” Orion said, rolling his eyes, “And it’s my fault that we’re running late anyway. Sorry about that Twilight.”

“Don’t worry about it Orion. I’m just glad to see that you’re up and about. Sorry I couldn’t be there, but Sunny and I wanted some time alone to talk and relax.” Twilight said dismissively.

“So this is Sun Storm then?” Luna asked, appraising the Zebra standing next to the purple Unicorn. “Hmmm… I must say, the stripes are a pleasant change from the usual shock white coats most of my sister’s guards seem to sport…”

“Heh… thank you your Highness…” Sun said nervously, saluting Luna as soon as she addressed him. “Although, my drill sergeant used to say that my stripes made me look like I got caught sleeping against a fresh painted fence. I still say it's better than looking like I fell into the whole paint can, but there was no way I was gonna tell Sergeant Bullhorn that.”

“Humph… I’d have chewed him out if he made a crack like that at me…” Rainbow commented, rolling her magenta eyes. “I mean, I can’t count the number of times I got asked if I dyed my mane growing up… even had one teacher kick me out of class until I got a doctor’s note saying that it’s always been like this…”

“I was about to ask…” Sun said, Twilight giving him a warning tug on his tail with her magic.

“……but maybe another time…” he finished, about as smooth as sandpaper.

“Alright! Ah’m starvin’!” Applejack said enthusiastically. “And uh, ya said you were payin’, right?” she asked, looking at Sun as she helped Orion to his feet.

“You got it Applejack. And Twilight already warned me about your appetite, so don’t worry, I made sure to bring some extra bits…” Sun said laughing and sidling up to Twilight and giving her a quick nuzzle before turning back to the group. “Anyway, they’re gonna start getting busy if we don’t get a move on, so everypony, about face. Forward, MARCH!”

“……I think I like this guard…” Luna noted, observing the group as they all snapped to attention and followed Sun Storm single file out of the park and back to the streets of Canterlot.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“…So… you’re the one that Twilight was telling me about, huh?” Sun Storm asked, walking alongside Orion ahead of the group of mares following and carrying on their own conversation.

“Huh? Oh, yeah… what was your name again?” he responded, snapping out of his thoughts as they strolled through the dusky streets of Canterlot.

“I’m Sun Storm. I’ve heard a bit about you… also heard that this is your first time in a month with all the bits you were born with…” Sun answered, cracking a smile at Orion and chuckling, “I have to say, when Twilight told me that you got hit with that kind of spell, and that you were stuck with it for a month, I was kind of surprised…”

“Is it that uncommon?” Orion asked, blushing slightly in embarrassment. “I mean, from what I’ve seen, accidental spells aren’t that strange in Equestria…”

“Oh it’s got nothing to do with that… but you’re the first victim of a drunk Alicorn that I’ve ever heard of… What was the Princess like when she was drunk anyway?” Sun commented, leaning in conspiratorially. “And is it true that she slept with you?”

“WHAT?!” Orion yelped, looking back at Luna before turning back to Sun Storm. “Dude…… I don’t remember anything about that party after getting up on a table and dancing… and I guess technically, yeah, I did sleep with Luna, but I also slept with the rest of the girls when we had that sleepover… and yeah, after she hit me with that spell, Luna took me home and stayed the night… but nothing happened!”

“Hahahahahahaha! Relax dude, I’m just messing with you.” Sun replied good naturedly, wrapping a foreleg around his withers and giving Orion a friendly jostle. “Seriously, you just had a pretty major bit of magic work out of your system, and from what I hear, that thing with the storm monster wasn’t too pleasant. That’s part of the reason I invited you and the others along with me and Twilight. You need to relax and start getting your life hack in hoof.”

“……Sun… you have a really weird idea of how to make a guy feel relaxed…” Orion said, still trying to get his mind to unstick from the implications of sleeping with Luna… “And that was just mean what you said…”

“What? The get your life back in hoof thing? Or the sleeping with the Princess of the Night thing?” Sun replied, shooting Orion an unabashed grin. “I’m guessing it was the first one, cuz you’d be hard pressed to do better than a Princess of Equestria. I mean, do you see the plot on Luna? And Celestia… whoa…”

Luckily, Orion was spared any further possible embarrassment by their timely arrival at the restaurant.

“… Oh thank the stars…” Orion said, breathing a sigh of relief and turning to smile back at the girls behind Sun Storm and himself.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“What do you suppose they are talking about?” Luna asked, turning to Twilight as the small herd of mares watched the stallions ahead of them acting...... strangely...

“... I have no idea... I never took a ‘Stallions Studies’ course... I’d assume it was something about exercise, current events, food...” Twilight answered, her mind wandering to the possible topics her coltfriend might have on his mind, “Or, since it’s Sunny talking, he might be asking Orion about his own experiences as a mare...”

“......His own experiences?” Luna asked, once the words had sunk in, “You mean to tell me that Sun Storm has had experiences with the same spell as the one I cast on Orion?”

“Mhmm. You weren’t in the hallway when I mentioned it, but yes, Sunny had a run in with an ex of his while I was present... long story short, they had words, and she shot him with that gender swap spell before I could put a shield up...”

“Dang... that actually sounds pretty cool!” Rainbow commented, hovering overhead like she usually did when she was nervous or agitated. “How come we never heard about this before, Twi?”

“Nopony ever asked.” She responded earnestly, “Besides, with all of the strange stuff that goes on in Ponyville, it doesn’t seem like that interesting of a story.”

“Now Twilight, Ah gotta know, what’d ya do ta the mare that did that to yer stallion?” Applejack asked, leaning in, “Cuz if it were me, Ah’d at least have words with her...”

“Twilight Sparkle is an honorable mare, so I’ve no doubt that she defended her coltfriend’s honor.” Luna commented, stamping a hoof on the ground gently... and leaving a new pothole in the cobblestone streets... “After all, what kind of mare would stoop so low as to cast a spell on another over such a trifle?”

“A drunk one...” Rainbow muttered, rolling her eyes and sharing a knowing look with Applejack.

“I didn’t actually DO anything... I just insinuated that if she were to ever be in the same place as Sunny again, that I’d tell the police about a certain actress using an illegal spell on a defenseless stallion... then I further insinuated that her film career might not last too much longer after the aforementioned incident made it to the papers with Princess Celestia’s star student as an eyewitness...” Twilight said, an icy breeze suddenly appearing and sending chills up the spines of everypony present.

“......Remind me to never get on her bad side...” Rainbow muttered to Applejack, who nodded in agreement.

“Well... whatever it is they are discussing, I just hope they are leading us in the right direction.” Luna muttered, “I’m so hungry I could eat a Manticore...”

“Oh I wouldn’t worry about food for much longer Princess.” Twilight said, giggling and pointing a hoof at the building behind the stopped stallions ahead of them. “We’re already here.”

“Whoo!” Rainbow cheered, landing and jumping from hoof to hoof excitedly, “Free food and a dinner date with Orion. Does it get any better than this?”

“Well fer starters, you might could go back ta Ponyville, and me and Orion could enjoy ourselves in private...” Applejack mumbled, nudging the Pegasus in an attempt to get her to show a little self control. “Now will ya quit fidgetin’ so we can go in without lookin’ ridiculous?”

“Agreed... we do not wish to draw undue attention to ourselves.” Luna said, magically rooting Rainbow Dash to the spot until she stopped squirming and was standing still on her own. “Tonight is a gift from Sun and Twilight, and it would be rude to ruin such a hospitable gesture...”

“Ah hear ya on that one Luna.” Applejack agreed, “T’ain’t right ta be rude ta somepony who’s feedin’ ya. Not ta mention the fact that Orion’s just gettin’ back on his own four hooves. Ah’d rather not be the one that upsets him.”

“I’m sure you’d much rather prefer the role of comforting him, Applejack?” Luna asked, a dangerously steely tone in her voice. “If I might be frank, I would prefer that neither you, nor Rainbow Dash, gets in my way tonight...”

“Princess!” Twilight exclaimed, “You can’t just lay a claim to somepony like that!”

“Why not?” the Princess of the Night asked, “It was a common practice a thousand years ago... And it was amazingly efficient...”

“It was efficient because most of the male population had little to no say in the matter...” Twilight pointed out. “And we are not gonna start on this just before dinner. I haven’t seen Sun in over a month, and I am going to enjoy myself, so I suggest that you three figure out some way to enjoy yourselves as well, without bothering myself or my coltfriend...”

“Relax Twi, Ah’m gonna be a perfect gentlemare. Ah just can’t make any promises fer Dash...”

“Hey! I can be polite and stuff when I want to!” Rainbow objected, her face going about the same shade as her eyes. “And how do you know that Orion’s even into polite mares huh? maybe he likes a dash of rebel in a fillyfriend...”

“Well, as cute as it is to see you two trying to vie for his attentions, I’m afraid that I have the advantage... after all, what kind of stallion wouldn’t want to spend his life in luxury as a royal consort?” Luna pointed out, smiling smugly at the two bickering mares in front of her.

“You implyin’ we ain’t good enough?” Applejack asked, trying to keep her tone in check.

“I think she’s just flat out saying it...” Rainbow said, crouching as if ready to launch herself at the Lunar Ruler.

“And what if I am?” Luna asked, smirking, “What are you two going to do about it?”

Just before Rainbow Dash and Applejack could launch themselves at the suddenly cocky Princess, their little cat fight was interrupted by Orion galloping over, shouting that their table was ready.

“How about this...” Luna suggested, all three of them glaring daggers at the other mares in their miniature huddle, “Since I have a, shall we say ‘Royal Reprieve’ for this following week, let us compete for the young stallions affections…”

“That… actually sounds like a pretty fair deal…” Applejack conceded, “But we gotta have some ground rules first.”

“Rules can wait, I’m going inside to get a seat next to Orion.” Rainbow said, darting off towards the restaurant doors.

“………I think the games have just begun…” Luna noted, quirking an eyebrow at Applejack, “May the best mare win.”

“Yeah… I plan to.”

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“Oh come on!” Rainbow Dash cried, grumbling in annoyance.

“What’s wrong now Dash?” Applejack asked, walking in right behind Luna a couple seconds after the polychromatic Pegasus.

“Excuse me… but if you could please keep your voices down while you are in the restaurant…” a snooty looking Maitre’D said, straightening his bow tie and cocking an eyebrow at the trio. His expression took on a different form entirely though, once Luna looked down at him… literally…

“Excuse me… but I believe that you are the pony in charge of greeting customers, are you not?” she said, a poker face perfected over the course of years heading up the Night Court serving as her mask while she gazed down at the short yellow Earth Pony, now even shorter as he tried to bow hastily in front of her.

“Er… yes Your Highness… I am your humble servea-I mean host- I mean…… my name is Silver Platter…” he replied, tripping over his words as his mind raced to try and find the appropriate level of groveling to make up for being rude to the Princess.

“It’s perfectly alright Silver. Now, if you could please point us to the table that our friends are sitting at…” Luna said, craning her neck to see into the main dining room of the restaurant.

“Don’t bother asking him… I found them already…” Rainbow interrupted glumly, walking forward like she was on her way to an execution.

“And what’s got yer tail in a twist all of a sudden?” Applejack asked, walking beside her friend, Luna flanking the Pegasus’s other side.

“That.” Dash said finally, pointing at a booth in the back corner of the dimly lit room.

“…Oh…” Luna said simply, her ears flattening in disapproval, the look reflecting both Rainbow Dash and Applejack’s own… “Well this sucks…”

“Eeyup.” AJ agreed, sighing and leading the sad march towards the booth.

“Hey girls! We were wondering when you three would get in here…” Orion said cheerfully, sitting on the end seat of the booth, Sun Storm sitting in the only seat next to him, and Twilight Sparkle sitting towards the middle of the booth, leaving the other half of the booth open… the half that was nowhere near sitting next to Orion…

All three just stood there, looking between the empty seats on the other side of the booth, and then back to him… then back to the seats, then back to him…

“Uhhh… is something wrong?” he asked, managing to at least see that something was bothering them.

“Not at all…” Luna replied, forcing a smile and scooting Applejack and Rainbow forward, “We were just trying to figure out which of us should take the end seat…”

“Maybe you were, I’m trying to figure out why I can’t sit next to Orion!” Dash complained, as subtle as a draconequus in bureaucracy. “I mean, how come Twilight’s coltfriend gets to sit next to him? They just met for crying out loud!”

Applejack cuffed the whining Pegasus in the ear and stepped forward. “What she means is, we were all hopin’ to spend a bit more time with ya Orion, especially after everything that’s happened… and we can’t rightly do that if yer sittin’ on the end seat there sugarcube…”

Orion blinked, looking around at the few other patrons who were now taking an interest in their little group.

“Uhhh… well… if you all feel that strongly about it, I suppose I could switch seats…” he said, moving to get up, a black and white foreleg stopping him in his place.

“Now ladies… I hardly think that’s fair to the poor guy. After all, I know for a fact that he lives in the same house as one of you, and the other one has a habit of plowing into him when she tries to land…” Sun Storm said, glancing from Applejack to Rainbow Dash, “And I was also there when Princess Celestia gave Twilight the memo about your upcoming visit to Ponyville, Your Highness… And given the spell that’s finally worked its way out of his system, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the poor colt gets to spend some time amongst other stallions…”

“I thought it was a lovely thought.” Twilight said, positively beaming, “Besides, given how few males there are in Ponyville, this is a bit of a rare treat for Orion.”

“We… suppose that thou has a point…” Luna conceded, her embarrassment at being reprimanded causing her to slip into Olde Equish as she slipped into the booth seat next to Twilight Sparkle.

“Makes sense to me too…” Applejack admitted, slipping into the booth after Luna and sitting wedged between the Princess of the Night and Rainbow Dash, who filed into the booth muttering to herself…

“Good evening. My name is Croquet, I will be your server this evening. May I interest anypony in some appetizers?” a white Unicorn mare with a bright red mane asked, looking around the table.

“Just some bread and water for now please.” Sun said, smiling kindly at the server.

“Very well then, is there any preference for what kind of bread?”

“Wheat will be fine.” Twilight said, looking around at the others gathered around the table and chattering happily. “The chef here does this thing where he adds in some really, really yummy spices from Egryph. It’s the best bread I think I’ve ever had.”

“Well then, that certainly does sound interesting…” Luna noted dryly, too busy shooting Rainbow Dash an angry look as the Pegasus kept nudging her with her wings.

“So, what kinda stuff did you an’ Orion talk about?” Applejack asked Sun, though still keeping her eyes glued to Orion.

“Just some guy stuff…” Sun answered evasively.

“Well that sounds borin’.” AJ noted flatly, “Orion, you lookin’ forward ta gettin’ back ta Ponyville?”

“Uhhh… yeah… I mean, it doesn’t feel like we’ve been gone that long. But I mean, I was unconscious for most of it. I’m kind of looking forward to getting my own place though.” He answered, missing the hurt look on Applejack’s face due to Rainbow letting out a victory whoop.

“HA! Looks like we’re all on the same level now farm girl!” Dash hollered, sticking her tongue out at the orange Earth Pony.

“If ya think yer any closer ta winnin’ then yer heads emptier than I thought.” Applejack growled, slamming a hoof on the table and glaring at Rainbow.

Luna, for her part, just kind of sunk as low in her seat as she could, trying to avoid the two over competitive mares flanking her.

“……Was it something I said?” Orion asked, turning to Sun, who just shook his head and tried not to laugh too hard at his new friend’s obliviousness.

“You’re fine Orion… but these two,” Twilight said, gritting her teeth and zapping both of her friends with a spell that turned their voices into clucks, so they quickly stopped talking when they realized that they both sounded like a couple of obnoxious hens. “These two need to relearn their manners apparently… honestly, what’s gotten into you two?”

They both tried to explain themselves at the same time, before remembering that anything they said would come out as a chicken noise and shutting their mouths again.

“Ughh… look, forget it… I’m going to undo the spell now, but if either of you start acting like that again, I’m putting a mute spell on you til we leave.” Twilight said, massaging her temples with a forehoof and lighting up her horn.

“……Why do I have a feeling that dinner’s going to be a quiet affair?” Orion asked, muttering to Sun Storm.

“Because it probably will… by the way dude, if I were you, I’d tread lightly when you get back to Ponyville.” Sun answered, smirking and trying not to just flat out laugh as he watched the two mares on the other side of the booth glaring daggers at each other.

“Twi… gimme a pencil and somethin’ ta write on…” Applejack said, her voice deceptively calm.

“Yeah. Me too…” Rainbow Dash agreed, “I got something I wanna say to Applejack…”

“Funny, Ah was just gonna say the same thing.” AJ retorted, narrowing her gaze at the rainbow colored Pegasus.

“Really? Well it seems like I got those words first then… and I’m gonna get something else before you do too…”

“Too late filly, Ah already got there first less than a week ago. You were there, so ya can’t call me a liar either.”

“Twilight, where’s that pencil and paper?!” Rainbow snapped, shifting her glare to Twilight, who was fishing in her saddlebags for the aforementioned stationary. “Cuz now I have a HAY of a lot to say to Applejack…”

“That’s assumin’ yer smart enough ta even write a whole sentence…” AJ shot back, smiling to herself in victory.

“Says the mare who couldn’t even write a whole friendship report…” Luna commented, just loud enough for everyone at the table to catch it, her eyes bugging out when she realized that she had said that out loud.

“HA! Now who looks stupid? You do!” Rainbow said triumphantly, making a face at AJ as the farm mare’s face went from orange to red and steam came out of her ears…

“Why you ornery, no good-”

“You folks ordered the wheat bread correct?” Croquet said, interrupting Applejack’s description of Rainbow Dash, “Where should I put this?” She asked, showing them the tray with the bread…. And the knife sticking out of it…

“I think over here’s fine.” Orion said, giving the Waitress a large smile and turning to Sun, “Something tells me those two don’t need sharp objects right now…”

Sun nodded in approval as the two quarreling mares on the other side continued to silently glare at each other, steaming mad.

“Found them!” Twilight exclaimed, giggling, “I put these in here for Spike whenever I had to meet with the Mayor and he was still small, but something tells me these two could use them now…”

Sun Storm and Orion both just watched, eyes wide as saucers (more so than normal) as Twilight levitated a few pieces of paper and a box of crayons to her two friends.

“Uh oh…” Orion said, ducking down in his seat and taking the bread tray with him. “This can’t end well…”

“Nope.” Sun agreed, ducking down next to his new friend, both of them peeking over the edge in case things got crazy.

…Fortunately, both Rainbow Dash and Applejack were past the point of caring what they had to write with, so long as they could tell each other something without being muted for the remainder of the evening.

“I think it’s gonna be an interesting meal…” Sun Storm commented, looking at Orion, who just nodded in response and nibbled on a piece of bread.

“All I know is that it can’t get much crazier than this…” he said, passing the bread tray to Sun.




Oh how terribly, horribly, completely wrong he was…

Author's Note:

Well, here it is, sorry about how long it took to write. school and work have me kind of frazzled when it comes to schedules and free time... plus, i think i rewrote the middle section at least three times, so there's that... hope y'all had fun reading it, the next chapter will be out...... well, it'll be out......

....eventually...

....hopefully sooner than this one was....

also... does anyone know when the hay this story got over 200 thumbs up? i just noticed this....

btw, here's a small album that i kept meaning to post. it shows Orion/Aurora with the original mane, and the manecut versions. http://imgur.com/a/C0mME