• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 6,028 Views, 516 Comments

Apple of My Eye - musicalreader



What happens when you make a wish on a falling star? well, if you're dreaming, Princess Luna might just help you out with it. And you may find yourself transformed, and living a life of romance, adventure, and craziness befitting Pinkie Pie... m

  • ...
25
 516
 6,028

Teacher's Pet Pt. II

Apple of My Eye- Ch. 18

We're Getting Closer to the Important Stuff, I Swear!

AKA: Writers Block suuuuucks!

“Rarity… I’m really not sure this is something you should be doing to me…” Aurora said, trying to fight off Rarity’s magic while reasoning with the fashionista.

“Sweetie… what did I say about moving? It’ll only make things more painful if you struggle.” Rarity replied, repressing a gleeful chuckle and focusing intently on the mare in front of her.

“Just make it quick…” Aurora begged, having resigned herself to her fate. She knew that once Rarity set her mind on something, there was no force in Equestria that would dissuade her.

“Oh darling… I said that you’d enjoy it… and you’re not the first pony I’ve done this to, so relax and just enjoy the ride. You didn’t seem to find this uncomfortable a few minutes ago…” The Unicorn chided, clicking her tongue reproachfully at her forlorn victim.

“I already told you! It still hurt then! Even if it did feel a little good… But now I don’t want to do this!” Aurora shouted, straining every muscle in her body to break free from the Unicorn’s grip.

“And I already told you, that you don’t have a choice! Now settle down or I’ll make you keep quiet!” Rarity shot back, her voice rising in volume, but still retaining the dangerous overbearing tone of a hunter focusing on their newest prey.

“Why me?!” she cried, tears falling from her eyes as pain shot up her spine.

“Because you were asking for it… now Aurora, I’m going to release my hold on you… but don’t you dare try and run.” Rarity replied, the glow of her horn fading and the magic holding her friend in place dissolving… though not for long, since as soon as she was able to move on her own again, Aurora made a mad dash for the door, her efforts at escape stopped instantly by the door slamming in her face as Pinkie Pie bounced inside the room.

“Hey Rarity! I heard some noises up here from the kitchen, is everything alright?” Pinkie asked, oblivious to the Pegasus sliding down the back of the door, her face practically fused with the wood.

“Yes darling, I was just helping Aurora preen a few of her loose feathers before starting on the de-glittering process, and when I got to the primaries, she kept complaining. So I ended up having to restrain her while I found the one that was bothering her… It was practically broken in half! So I plucked it, and she was just running for the door when you came in.” Rarity explained, holding a few downy feathers and one long one that had been split in two up in her magical grip.
The pink Earth Pony leaned in to get a better look and whistled at the mangled state of the preened primary.

“Geezie-Cheezey! How was she walking around with that thing like that?! Don’t busted feathers hurt Pegasuseseses?” Pinkie asked, looking around, “And where is she anyway? You said she was headed for the door…”

“I believe that the feather was most likely broken recently, and went unnoticed because Aurora hadn’t tried flying with it yet. As for where she is, I believe you knocked her out cold… again… when you opened the door. Could you see to her while I dispose of these feathers?” Rarity answered, absentmindedly waving a hoof at the open door with the unconscious mare behind it on the ground.

“Okie Dokie Loki!” Pinkie agreed, bouncing over to her friend and moving her to Rarity’s bed. If Pinkie weren’t such a pure soul, she might have noticed that the position Aurora ended up in on the bed was less than polite… but she was a pure soul, so the idea of a pony lying on their back, their wings flopped out to the sides, and their legs splayed out wasn’t anything even slightly obscene.

Rarity, when she finally came back into the room anyway, had other thoughts on the matter…

“Pinkamena Diane Pie!” She exclaimed, her eyes growing wide while her pupils shrank to pinpricks, “I don’t mind a little competition over the poor mare, but for Celestia’s sake, have some decency in my home!”

“What’s wrong Rarity?” Pinkie asked, her head cocked to the side in confusion, “I just wanted her to be comfy, so I put her on your bed.”

“I’m sure you intended to make her very comfy darling… but there is such a thing as modesty!” Rarity reprimanded, levitating Aurora to where she was lying on her side with a blanket over her. “Now, THAT is an appropriate way to make an unconscious pony comfortable.”

“Well excuse me for not having magic.” Pinkie grumbled, rolling her eyes and breaking her smile for a moment. “What do we do now though? Sleeping ponies aren’t as much fun as ponies that are awake and can play games with you!”

“Well dear, she’s unconscious because YOU opened the door, so I believe that you can at least have the patience to look after her with me until she wakes up… I can’t imagine it will take that long for her to wake up… this is the second time today after all…” Rarity noted, pulling a makeup and brush kit from the bathroom and gesturing for Pinkie to sit next to her on the floor.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

For the second time that day, Aurora slipped back to consciousness with a splitting headache… At least this time it hadn’t been caused by an explosion, so thank Luna for the little things. Still, she was getting really tired of the whole “unconscious patient” shtick.

She could hear voices nearby talking, but rather than tell them that she was awake, Aurora figured it would be more interesting to listen in…

“Do you think she’ll get up soon? I’m getting bored!” Pinkie complained.

Good! Maybe you’ll learn not to throw bombs in front of ponies and hit them with doors when they’re running for their lives! She thought, resisting the urge to smirk.

“Oh please don’t go getting stir-crazy on me now Pinkie… I’m almost through putting the last touches on your hooficure.” Rarity chimed in, “And to be fair, you’ve been the source for not one, but TWO possible concussions for the poor dear today alone. Not to mention whatever physical trauma she probably has to go through on a daily basis to avoid any aggressive suitors.”

……… Okay, that’s a new one… but at least Rarity understands that I keep getting smacked around… But if she knew that, then why did she restrain me and pluck me like a chicken?!

“Rarity, this takes forever!” Pinkie whined, almost on par with Rarity’s famous little tirades whenever the phrase ‘Dirty Hooves’ was mentioned.

“Oh shush now darling. I know you can sit still long enough. You certainly do whenever I manage to convince you to go to the spa with me.”

“Yeah, but that’s when I’m relaxed and not worrying about my friends…” Pinkie responded glumly. “I mean, it’s like you said… I ended up hurting Aurora twice today, and I don’t like hurting anypony ever even once a day! I’m a horrible friend…”

“Oh sweetie…come here… I’m sure Aurora will forgive you once she wakes up… now come here and give me a hug.” Rarity said, concern filling her voice as Aurora heard the sound of fur rubbing against carpet and the muffled sniffling of a certain pink party pony.

……Well now I feel like an ass… I should probably let them know I’m alright… Aurora thought, worried that if she played dead much longer, that she’d end up causing Pinkie more harm emotionally than Aurora had received physically…

Aurora stretched out, her eyes staying closed as she pretended to be waking up slowly. She heard Pinkie gasp and Rarity sigh with relief as she sat up and stretched her forelegs out before opening her eyes.

“… Okay, what did I hit this time?” She asked sarcastically, causing Pinkie Pie to giggle, her hair curling back up with an audible ‘poof’.

“Well dear, if you must know, you ran into the door to my room trying to run after I helped you with those ruffled feathers.” Rarity said, standing up and levitating a makeup kit back to her bathroom as Pinkie just sat there smiling at Aurora, a single tear being wiped away quickly by a forehoof.

“Well at least you know that thing won’t be breaking anytime soon.” She commented dryly, smiling at Pinkie, silently reassuring her that she was, in fact, okay now.

“I was sooooo worried about you Rory!” Pinkie said, no longer able to contain her enthusiasm, pouncing on the bed to wrap the Pegasus mare in a bone crushing hug. “I’m sorry for the glitterbomb and the door, please don’t hate me forever!”

“P-Pinkie.” Aurora gasped, having to fight for air, “S’okay. Please. Lemmego!”

“YAY!” Pinkie cheered, tightening her hug for a split second before releasing Aurora and letting her fall in a heap on the floor before bouncing around the room humming to herself before stopping suddenly and running out of the door.

“Goddesses… how is she that freaking strong?!” Aurora wondered out loud, once her lungs were working normally again.

“I wish I knew darling. Now, I don’t believe that we’ve had a chance to work on getting that glitter out of your coat and hair, so if you’d just follow me into the bathroom, we’ll get you sorted out in no time at all!” Rarity chimed in, helping Aurora to her legs, and smiling kindly.

“… And you’re not going to keep plucking me?” she asked cautiously, eyeing Rarity’s horn in case it flared to life with another spell to hold her in place for the unpleasantness of another pony preening her.

“Darling, I tried to explain to you before, the moment you tried to fly, that feather would have done far more harm than good. I was doing you a favor, even if it didn’t seem like it. Now, please trust me on this.” Rarity answered, frowning slightly at her friends hesitance, “And please don’t stare at my horn… it’s not one does in polite company…”

“Oh!” Aurora responded, blushing slightly, “Sorry… I guess I could use some help getting this stuff out of my fur… but please don’t do that thing where you held me in place.”

“I promise not to restrain you dear. Now, let’s get going. I’ve already started drawing the water, nice and warm, but nothing too uncomfortable, and I even tossed in a scoop of my own special bath beads to help you feel nice and refreshed. Now, come along.”

Aurora finally caved and followed the white Unicorn into the other room, where sure enough, there was a rather sizeable bathtub filled with warm, bubbly water. She looked in and was surprised to see that the water was almost emerald in color. When she asked why, Rarity explained that the beads she’d added were scented and contained oils that helped pull out any dirt from a ponies coat.

“Honestly dear, it’s like you’ve never had a real bath.” Rarity commented.

Aurora bit her tongue to keep from reacting to the rather rude comment, reminding herself that Rarity didn’t mean to be mean… and besides, she was right… Instead of arguing, she slipped into the water and sank up to her chin in the warm soapy water, reveling in the scent of fresh clover and mint, while feeling the glitter and grime start to seep out of her coat.

“Ahhh…. This is really nice…” Aurora sighed, her eyelids suddenly feeling heavy and her mind beginning to wander.

“Mhmm… Tell me darling, have you never tried something like this?” Rarity asked, watching her friend practically melt.

“Can’t say I have… it wasn’t something I ever had the means to try where I came from… heck, I was lucky to find a good tea shop near where I lived before.” Aurora answered, the water starting to feel like it had permeated her entire body.

“Oh my! Pardon me for thinking ill of your old home, but it sounds like a horrible place to have lived.” Rarity noted,
picking up a bath brush in her telekinetic grip and starting to coax the glitter from the Pegasus’s mane.

“It’s okay. I know that it was rough there… heck, not long before I came here to Equestria, I was almost killed!” she snorted, completely missing the shock value that her statement had on the Unicorn behind her.

When Rarity heard that Aurora had been robbed, the shock was enough for her magic to completely lose focus and dissipate, dropping the brush in the water with a splash. The sudden noise was enough for Aurora to turn around in confusion, before seeing the look of horror on Rarity’s face.

“Is everything alright Rarity?” she asked, still oblivious to the cause of her friend’s shock.

“Oh… yes… I’m fine darling…” Rarity responded mechanically, “I just can’t believe you went through such a traumatic ordeal…Why don’t we change the subject… I’d hate to make you relive something like that.”

“Hmm? Oh! The mugging…. I’m sorry Rarity, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything… it’s just, moving here to Equestria is a huge difference from where I was before… everything is cleaner, nicer… I don’t think you all even have robberies!” Aurora said, stumbling and trying to make the whole experience less awkward.

They stayed silent for awhile longer, Aurora stewing inside her head and blowing bubbles just under the water, Rarity doing her best to focus on her friend’s hair… And this awkward silence stretched on until finally Rarity couldn’t pretend that there were any leftover pieces of glitter or dirt anywhere in Aurora’s mane. In fact, with the exception of her face, which was still half covered in pink glitter, Aurora was pretty much completely clean.

“Well… I believe that you can step out of the tub now if you’d like…” Rarity said casually, “Your mane is cleaned, and the oil should have gotten everything out as long as it stayed submerged… the only thing left now is a thorough facial.”

“A what?!” Aurora asked, her jaw dropping and her face turning a bright maroon.

“A facial darling, nothing extreme, so calm down please. I’m going to get the soaps and the mud mask kit now while you dry off. And please don’t forget to pull your mane back so that your hair doesn’t get caught in anything while I finish helping you get that glitter off your face.” Rarity replied, chalking the reaction of her friend up to the same hatred Applejack had for anything beyond bathing or a massage when it came to beauty.

While Rarity went off to get her things, Aurora had to fight off the image of a facial involving her and the fashionista… it wasn’t easy… Finally, she was completely dried off, and her mane was pulled back in a ponytail (heh). Just in time too, as Rarity poked her head back into the bathroom and called her out to the master suite.

“Now, if you’ll sit right here please….” Rarity instructed, gesturing to a cushion set on the ground in front of a large metal bowl and an assortment of soap bottles.

Over the next hour or so, Rarity not only cleaned Aurora’s face, she exfoliated, scrubbed, rinsed, and moisturized it… By the time she was finished, Aurora felt like she’d taken a belt sander to the face, but the Unicorn meant well, so she couldn’t bring herself to say anything.

After Rarity was satisfied with the progress made, she invited Aurora to stay for dinner.

“Well… actually Rarity, I was kind of hoping to get back to the farm… I needed to ask Applejack something.” Aurora replied politely, smiling uneasily at her friend. She had heard that Rarity didn’t take rejection well… no matter what was being rejected…

“Why ever would you want to walk all the way back to the farm at this time of day dear?” Rarity asked, looking positively aghast that her generous offer was being declined. And for the FARM no less…

“Well, it’s not that late is it?” Aurora said, uncomfortable at the present situation.

“It’s after dark darling! I don’t care if you do prefer being out and about at night, no friend of mine is going to be on their own at night without a good meal in them. Now come along.” Rarity pressed, walking out of the bedroom and dragging Aurora by her tail… which wouldn’t have bothered her, except that she suddenly felt exposed and embarrassed… and turned on? Okay, that was definitely being filed under the ‘Weird’ category…

“Rarity!” she whined, scrabbling for a hoofhold on the floor, “I’m a grown pony for Luna’s sake! And I needed to ask AJ about my mane…”

Rarity stopped dead in her tracks, her magical grip releasing out of shock for the second time that day. “What was that?” she asked, turning to the grey Pegasus, "Why in Equestria would you want HER opinion on anything having to do with fashion? Not to say that Applejack isn’t a wonderful mare, but honestly, she has no sense of style!”

“I wanted an honest opinion, and AJ is the most honest pony I know okay!” Aurora shot back, sitting firmly on her tail.

“That may be, but I believe that I am more than capable of giving you unbiased advice on what would suit you.” Rarity huffed, now sitting on the floor and pouting. “I mean, really! I work all day to make ponies as beautiful and handsome as possible, and my own friend doesn’t want to come to me for fashion advice! What kind of a designer am I?” She asked, tears starting to gather in her eyes.

Fearing an oncoming flood, and also feeling guilty for ignoring how Rarity might have felt about things, Aurora sighed and resigned herself for what would most likely be a long night…

“I’m sorry Rarity…” she said softly, wrapping a wing around her friend and hugging her apologetically, “I should have come to you first. Will you please help me do something with my mane?”

“Why of course!” Rarity replied, perking up almost instantly and levitating Aurora alongside her as she cantered off to the kitchen. “But first, we need to have some dinner. I love working as much as the next pony, but I haven’t had anything
except a dandelion sandwich all day.”

It took only a moment for Rarity’s magic to whip up a simple meal of hay fries and veggie burgers. When she asked about the existence of such things as veggie burgers, Aurora was surprised to find that actual hamburgers existed in places like the Griffon Empire, though they were made of fish, and that enough ponies in the North seemed entranced by the whole concept, that they started to replicate the texture in a vegetarian form.

“The funny thing about it all,” Rarity noted, while waving a hay fry around like it were a finger, “is that even though it seems like such an uncouth dish to eat, the nobility has been positively smitten with the silly things. It’s such a social crime NOT to have at least some form of veggie burger available, that I myself decided to bend to the will of fashion and bought a pack. It’s not exactly something cheap either, despite the appearance.”

“If it’s not cheap, then why did you get it? And why are we eating it if it’s not a special occasion?” Aurora asked, taking a large bite out of her own burger and reveling in the texture. She’d been without a hamburger for almost a month, and it was nice to almost have a taste of Earth…

“Well I wouldn’t say it’s not a special occasion. This is the first real time we’ve spent together in ages! And besides, I believe that you are a kind enough pony that you deserve the best in life.” Rarity replied, batting her eyes at her guest and flipping her hair. The subtle act of flirting was lost on the Pegasus however, as she seemed more entranced by her dinner than anything.

“You know darling, it occurs to me that you’ve been in Ponyville for almost a month now… and yet, you don’t seem to be in a relationship of any sort… is there a reason for that?” Rarity asked, finally choosing to forsake subtlety and go right for the throat.

Aurora almost choked on a hay fry, and when the coughing finally subsided, she looked at her friend quizzically. “Why would you want to know something like that?” she asked. “Is it a bad thing to not have a special somepony?”

“Well I wouldn’t say it’s a bad thing per say… It’s just that, even if you don’t have a special somepony, it’s very odd to find a pony without a best friend of sorts. I mean, we are social creatures after all… And I’ve noticed that you’ve rather isolated yourself from anypony else in anything other than a casual sort of manner.” Rarity noted, peeking over the rim of
her glass, gauging Aurora’s reaction.

She furrowed her brow, thinking back on the time she’d spent in town thus far… Sure enough, Rarity was right! Aurora hadn’t really gotten to know anypony beyond the surface, and she hadn’t let anyone else besides Luna get close to her, but there was a different reason for that, and a darn good one. Imagine the reaction if they knew where she really came from!
She’d almost let it slip when Rarity was washing her mane, and Rarity had acted stunned to the point of silence.

“I guess I just haven’t really felt any pressure to get to know anypony…” she finally replied lamely, her excuse met with a look of skepticism from Rarity.

“Well sweetie, I believe that tonight I can help you in taking that first step to really making a close friend… who knows, you might even find a special somepony soon enough… You certainly have the looks for it to be an easy enough job.” Rarity replied, smiling as she finished her meal and stood up from the table. “Now, as soon as you are finished, meet me in the front room in front of the mirrors, we’ll figure out a new mane style for you that will leave everypony stunned!”

Having said her bit and leaving Aurora to eat in silence, Rarity left the kitchen to go get ready for the mane styling session.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“Okay Rarity… this is no time to lose your head… So she’s not exactly the most perceptive mare out there… hay, in a few weeks, she’ll be a stallion again, and Celestia knows we don’t need the stress of competing with other mares at that point.” Rarity muttered to herself, digging a small black kit out from under the sink in her bathroom.

But what if she just doesn’t like us? Part of her wondered.

“Oh please, we’re one of the most charming mares in this town! And besides, Fluttershy is out of the picture, and she was the only one I really had to worry about in terms of looks… Not to speak ill of Rainbow and Pinkie, they just don’t exactly give off a feminine charm like I do.”

Still, what if that’s the reason Aurora hasn’t tried to make a move yet? Besides most likely being new to dating, what if she’s just not into what everyone else thinks is “pretty”?

“I’m sure she has excellent taste… she’s just shy. Imagine, having no inclination to even try and make a close friend! I’ll bet she’s secretly pining for somepony to break past her cool exterior and pull her into the world. Imagine how romantic it would be… The mare, hidden away in an ivory tower of her own emotions and doubts, bravely rescued by her one true love, who whisks her off to parts unknown and shows her the world of possibilities!”

I still say this isn’t going to end well… Besides, you’re only one of a number of ponies eyeing her up… We’ve got to compete against Rainbow Dash. She hasn’t shut up about her “big plan” to sweep Aurora off her hooves for days now. Don’t you think that you might be a bit late?

“Nonsense. Besides, Aurora told us herself that she hadn’t even given thought to something as natural as a best friend. I’ll bet that she’s in the same boat as Twilight was when she first moved here… albeit, Aurora seems to have at least a bit more common sense when it comes to interacting with others…”

Okay, fair point. But what are we going to do if we go down there and it turns out that we get rejected?

“Oh shush. We’re going to help our friend fix her mane, we’re going to bond, and come Tartarus or Hydra, we’re going to do our best to drop as many hints as possible so that she sees us as a possible suitor!”

“Rarity? Is everything okay?” Aurora called from downstairs, her voice heavy with concern. “I heard shouting…”

“Everything’s just fine dear!” Rarity called back, “Just talking to myself!”

Great move there… Now she thinks we’re crazy.

“No, everypony talks to themselves from time to time. Now, what was I saying?”

Dropping hints like Ditzy Doo drops furniture while operating a moving company…

“Right, thank you, I’m going to go down there, and even if I don’t sweep her off her hooves, I can certainly make an impression that she’ll keep thinking back to. And in the worst case scenario, we miss the chance to try a relationship while she’s a mare, and we still have a stable foundation to build off of once the spell wears off in a couple weeks. That at least puts us ahead of any other mare in town.”

Except for Rainbow Dash. You know as well as I do that everypony sees her stalking Aurora.

“Oh do shut up.” Rarity said finally, forsaking her lady like behavior for a mental victory as she made her way downstairs to tend to her friend.

V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V^V

“Alright darling, now, let’s see… your mane is rather easy to work with, nice and straight, but able to hold curls if you want it to… What were you thinking?” Rarity asked, circling around Aurora with a pair of styling scissors in her magical grip, eyeing the Pegasus as an artist would a block of marble before making the first chip.

“Well, I don’t really know… I’ve never really had my hair this long before, so I’m not exactly sure… I guess a trim to start off with would be nice.” Aurora answered, unsure if this was a good response or not.

“Well, a trim would be a nice starting point, but it’s usually best for one to have an idea of the finished product before beginning. Remember darling, it’s always easy to go shorter, but growing it out takes time… or a rather expensive potion from Zecora…”

“Um… Okay, I’m really bad at these kinds of decisions, and I need something that I can work with once this spell wears off, so would it just be easier if I told you why I’m wanting a new style?” Aurora asked, shifting uneasily on the cushion Rarity had placed her on.

“Oh well of course that would help!” Rarity exclaimed, smiling, “That should have been the first thing I asked you dear, I’m sorry. But that is an excellent idea.”

“Well, I kind of got talked into going with Rainbow Dash to this club tomorrow night… I’m not sure what kind of place it is, but Dash said I should do something with my hair…” Aurora confessed, blushing. Why was she blushing? What the hay?! It’s not like going to a club with a friend was that big a deal, right?

Rarity frowned for second or two, the voice inside her head momentarily shouting out TOLD YA SO! Before she returned her focus to the project at hand.

“Oh did she?” Rarity asked, “And how in Equestria did she manage to convince a pretty mare like yourself to go to something as uncouth as one of the local clubs?”

“It was more like, she needed a friend to go with her for the ‘couples night’ they have at the club, and I guess she just felt more comfortable asking me… And she said she could help me find a place of my own pretty cheap if I went with her… I really don’t know… but then she said I should do something about my mane, and I got like, super self conscious about it for no reason, and well… here I am… Can you help me Rarity? Please?” She said, everything just spilling out with no hope of being filtered in the slightest.

“Well of course I can help you silly. Now, while I believe that what Dash did was rude, and exceptionally manipulative, I cannot allow one of my friends go on a ‘date night’ without looking their best. Even an event like a club shouldn’t be without an air of fashion sense… Now let me think about this for a moment.” Rarity replied, smiling graciously, and noting in the back of her mind that Aurora hadn’t really agreed to a date, as she had agreed to put up with Dash for a night as a friend. There was still a chance…

“Anything?” Aurora asked, interrupting Rarity’s moment of mental celebration.

“Yes dear, now, it’s important that the style you go with reflect your personality. Rainbow Dash is extremely rough around the edges, so her mane reflects that. I am refined, so my mane style also reflects that. Now, a pony like Fluttershy is one that tries to avoid others, and even goes so far as to let her mane be another thing she can use to hide away… You’re rather up front about things, while still being exotic and mysterious, and from what you told me upstairs, you’re from a rather dangerous place before this… so there should be a bit of an ‘edge’ to your style as well… so something away from your face for the most part, perhaps have a section fall in front of your eyes, that’s always such a lovely effect, and it would help accentuate those gorgeous looks of yours… Hmmm… I’m thinking short in the back, just enough to pull back if you want, and longer in the front, with one side tucked back and held in place, and the other side falling in front with a bit of a sharp angle to add that air of mystery and danger… what do you think darling?”

As she talked to herself, moving Aurora’s hair about with her magic, Rarity found herself getting more and more excited about the way things were going between herself and Aurora. This little mane styling session would allow her plenty of opportunities to drop hints, compliments… and nothing was quite as relaxing as a nice brushing…

Aurora, meanwhile, just sat there and looked at the mirror, her mind wandering as Rarity rambled, fussing over the long black and purple locks of hair. She would periodically nod and smile, picking up bits and pieces of conversation. The parts she picked up on however, were rather embarrassing, and they only served to fuel the blush that was slowly taking up permanent residence on Aurora’s face… When Rarity said that she had a gorgeous face, Aurora felt like she was melting on the spot… Why was she feeling like this?! She’d always seen Rarity as cultured, elegant, and possibly very beautiful. But she’d never felt embarrassed or less attractive by being in the same area as her… and especially not when they were alone! She just couldn’t figure out what in the world was fueling these feelings! It was almost like being back in middle school and first realizing that everyone was changing, looking more adult, more attractive, less like a child…… Was this pony puberty?

“Darling? Sweetie are you alright?” Rarity asked, waving a hoof in front of Aurora’s face as she stared into the mirror with a glassed look to her eyes.

“Huh? Oh, yeah… I’m fine Rarity… just got caught up thinking… what were you saying?” Aurora fibbed, blushing now more than ever.


“I was saying that I think you should go shorter in the back, with longer locks up front so you can have half pinned back and the other half giving you a mysterious, alluring look… Does that sound good to you?” Rarity summed up, rolling her eyes and smiling at the rather adorable display of absentmindedness. “And you should really consider getting another vest darling. The first one looked so good on you, and it’s such a shame to see you without it.”

“Well, I didn’t see the point in wearing something that was too big, and if I got something new, then it would be a waste of bits and material in a few weeks…” Aurora reasoned, “And I like your idea for the mane style…It sounds… nice…”

“You don’t sound so sure dear.” Rarity noted, frowning worriedly for a second.

“No, I like it, really… it’s nothing. Let’s do this.” Aurora replied, forcing herself to sound confident.

Rarity looked at her skeptically before deciding not to press the issue, instead starting on the project at hand, pausing from time to time to think of possible fashion options for Aurora that would go with the new style. Periodically, She would take a break from brushing and cutting her friend’s hair to ask what she thought about how it was looking. Each time, Aurora would snap out of another glassy look and say that it was coming along great. At one point, Rarity caught Aurora staring at her in the mirror as she worked, though she quickly averted her eyes when the fashionista made eye contact and blushed furiously, it was all Rarity could do to suppress a squeal of excitement.

I knew it! She cheered inside her mind, Aurora my dear, all too soon, you’ll be like putty in my hooves, and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie will just have to admit that the hottest couple in Ponyville is none other than Rarity and Aurora! And eventually, Aurora will revert to being that most delicious of stallions Orion!

She was finished restyling Aurora’s mane not long after, but continued brushing her friend’s hair for awhile, watching in the mirror as Aurora’s eyes closed and her entire frame seemed to relax. Yes, there were few things as quick to relax a mare as a nice brushing…

“Having fun dear?” Rarity asked, leaning in and practically whispering into Aurora’s ear.

“Mhmm… It feels really good Rarity…” she responded breathily, “Its weird… my whole body is just feeling warm and fuzzy… Is this normal?”

“Oh yes darling… in fact, I’d be a bit concerned if you didn’t feel this good… would you like to feel something a bit better?” Rarity propositioned, leaning in and wrapping her forelegs around the grey Pegasus in a hug, the brushing continuing with the help of her magic as her lips drew closer to Aurora’s exposed neck.

Aurora’s eyes snapped open all of a sudden, her face glowing a brilliant red and her wings snapping open so suddenly that Rarity was flung backwards.

“ThanksforthehelpRarity,IreallyappreciateitbutIshouldbegoinghomelikerightnow!” Aurora blurted out, rushing to the door, stopping only for a minute at the threshold to turn around, race back to Rarity, wrap her wings around the stunned Unicorn in a quick hug, and gallop back out the door and into the dead of night.

Rarity just sat there in her front room, looking between the place Aurora had been sitting, and the door she’d just left through. As her brain hurried to process what had just happened, she couldn’t help but break out into a face splitting grin that would have given Pinkie Pie a run for her bits.

“Oh my…” Rarity said, giggling furiously to herself, “It seems I made a rather large impact on the poor dear…. I guess this might be easier than I thought…”

Author's Note:

Well, sorry about the late chapter, what can i say. If it makes ya'll feel any better, every story i have favorited has been without an update for most of the week. On a related note, my F5 key is pretty worn out.... so yeah...
And the reason this story arc is called Teacher's Pet should be made clear within say, the next five/six chapters, probably sooner if i can help it.
Gonna try and get the next chapter up within a couple days, so yeah, look forward to that.