• ...
8
 28
 1,542

A tribute to a hero

(My Little Pony is owned by Hasbro and Lauren Faust. Final Fantasy 7 is owned by Square Enix. Now that that’s done, this is a tribute to Final Fantasy 7 crisis core ending except its replaced with My Little Pony *SPOILERS* if you haven’t played Crisis Core, I warn you.)
These are the replacements for the characters in the game.
Rainbow Dash as Cloud strife
Applejack as Zack fair
Fluttershy as Aerith/Aeris

Gray clouds block the sky as it rained down. Swords and guns along with helmets covered in blood were scattered around the rocky field. An orange coated pony with blonde mane and tail was on the ground at the edge of a cliff. A city was behind her, far from the cliff. The pony was awake, breathing slowly,and starring at the gray clouds as rain landed on he, cleaning the blood that covered her due to the bullet wounds within her coat. A cowboy hat was by her side along with an orange gem. Behind a rock a cyan Pegasus with a rainbow mane was crawling out into the open struggling to move. She stops, looking up seeing the orange mare that was still alive. The cyan mare began to crawl towards her. The orange pony winces a little as she took a breath. Through her eyes the cyan Pegasus reveals her face cover in grief and shock looking at her. “A-Applejack.” The cyan Pegasus mutters. “Rainbow Dash.” Applejack says but, the stinging pains her body sustain, muffling the name.

She takes a few seconds of being silent and then opens her mouth saying, “For the…both of us.” Rainbow Dash looks at her friend confused and still sad. Rainbow Dash still with a sad tone said, “Both…of us.” Applejack had to back her pain as she began to speak, “That’s right…you’re gonna.” Dash repeated, “You’re gonna.” With even more confusion and sorrow in her voice. Applejack gently wraps her hoof around Dash’s head then brought her to blood soak chest saying, “Live.” Applejack then says to her best friend, “You’ll be…my living legacy.” Then her hoof slowly falls to the ground. Dash pulls her head up looking at her friend now having some of Applejack’s blood smeared on her muzzle and hair that blocked the left side of her eye. Applejack smiles and looks to her side where the orange gem was and slowly picks up saying, “My honor…my dreams.” She lifts it to Dash motioning her to grab it. “They’re yours now.” Applejack says smiling at her sad cyan friend. Dash slowly grabs the gem as Applejack lets go, letting her hoof lay flat on the ground.

Dash looks at the gem then at Applejack. Words came out her mouth filled with heart breaking sadness. “I’m your…living…legacy.” Dash tells Applejack. Applejack slowly closes her eyes with a smile still on her face knowing her best friend is going to be safe. Applejack’s life slipped away as her breath was painlessly gone. Dash knew AJ was dead but, in her eyes. She couldn’t save her. She felt alone. Her best friend that has protected her till they got to Canterlot was gone right there before her. Dash clutches tight onto the gem of her friend that she obtained her from her brother Big Mac after the event at Applepolosa. Dash felt a fire within her, bursting within her mind. She wanted to cry but, instead of tears she looks up at the gray skies of the raining heavens and screams. Her best friend is dead. Memories of Applejack went through Dash’s head. When they first met on the mission to Applepolosa, then the time when she was injured in her hometown Cloudsdale. Applejack offers her a hoof smiling saying if she was okay. Then another image of Applejack carrying her to safety, then another flashback of Dash reaching towards Applejack as she walked towards the Celestian army that hunted the two down.

The last image of them riding in the back of a hay cart as Applejack asks Dash smiling if they were friends. They were more than friends. They were close to practically being called sisters. But, these images soon end as the rain stops and the clouds began to spread, revealing the sunlight rays touching them. Dash slowly looks down at her deceased friend. She can remember the words Applejack once said to her that made her keep trying to become a first class SOLDIER. ‘Believe in your dreams…if you want to be a hero…you need to have dreams and honor.’ These words made Dash say, “Thank you…I won’t forget.” She wouldn’t forget. She didn’t want to. Applejack will never think great about her if she did. Dash slowly gets up holding the gem with her wing now and looks at her peaceful sleeping friend. She looks so happy but, Dash knew she wasn’t. Dash holds back her tears and looks down muttering, “Goodnight.” She then turns around, “Applejack.” Dash than limps away towards Canterlot the place they were supposed to go together. The wind blew AJ’s hat away as feathers began to slowly fall to the ground by her. ‘That girl…she said the sky…frighten her. But, it feels so liberating.’ Applejack’s thought as her eyes slowly opens seeing clouds separate as a flying red stallion with white wings and a tannish mane flew towards her.

‘Those wings…’ Applejack lifts her hoof to the air and then says, ‘can I have them too?’ The red stallion with a smile plaster on his face slowly grabs Applejacks hoof and lifts her to the air gently. The bright sun rays felt warm on Applejack. She felt so happy closing her eyes. ‘What’s this…it feels…good.’ She said. The hat she carried when she was a young filly was still being flown in the air as Dash was limping still towards Canterlot. ‘If you see Fluttershy can you tell her I said hi?’ Applejack asks as Dash smiles slowly but sadly and says, “I will.” As if she had heard her dead friend’s last request. ‘And could you say…I became a hero?’ Applejack asks as she flew away.

A month later in Canterlot

In an alleyway, a white flower was petted by a yellow coated Pegasus with a pink mane. She smiles and begins to trot away while carrying a small basket on her back carrying flowers. “The train to Ponyville is nearby at its stop in twenty minutes.” A speaker connected to a light pole said. At the train tracks a train was heading towards its stop coming from Ponyville. A pony lands on top of it holding onto an orange gem tight. The pony placed the gem to her forehead then looks ahead with a determined look at the Canterlot castle. It was Rainbow Dash. ‘My name is Rainbow Dash…first class…SOLDIER.’ These words of hers stood bold in her head. She opens her wings as the train got near its stop. This was her story now. The train soon stops and Dash leaps down looking at the guards who recognize her as an unauthorized citizen not riding in the train. She was ready to fight. She was ready, for anything.

To be continued
(Well there you go, a tribute to Crisis Core combined with MLP. Thanks for reading)

Comments ( 28 )

you were.. okay.. but it would have been better if you took the FF7 universe and wrote the mane 6 into it rather than charicter replacements.
but luckly for you the CC ending opens up for more possibilitys.

I was thinking about it but, I don't think I could go far in doing a story like that I've play FF7 god knows how many times but, to add the mane 6 thats going to be difficult so I just went with this. Thanks anyway.

165207 NO that would ruin it if they used the mane six i mean seriously isn't there enough stories that do that and none of the mane six will ever be cool as anyone from final fantasy 7 or crisis core EVER

1138764
Rainbow dash is just as cool as zack, fluttershy is just as kind as areth.
pinkie is just as ninja as yuffie (if not moreso)

Rainbow dash is as cool as Zack Fair yeah but FUCK NO DO YOU EVEN NO WHAT YOUR SAYING THAT WAS PROBABLY THE DUMBEST THING IVE HEARD ON THE INTERNET FOR AWHILE . No one and i mean no one ever comes close to zack not even kamina rainbow dash is arrogant while zack is understanding and i doubt she would ever take on a fucking army but zack did he fought the army and almost one that is a fucking achievement right there a sonic rainboom will not do shit against the shinra army nor did she develop in biological experiments and get infused with mako energy she wouldn't even make it into shinra itself because of that arrogance zack killed his own mentor angeal because he was told to i would like to see rainbow dash kill one of her closest friends.

She's not even half as cool as anyone from final fantasy 7 or crisis core if i had to compare her to anyone the closest she would get is to yuffies coolness and she's still cooler than rainbow dash. barret is manlier than big macintosh he fought his insane best friend dyne and than dyne committed suicide have you even played ff7 or crisis core or are you just assuming shit

1139810>>1139196 I noticed this spicy FF and MLP War here. I shall settle it with this.

Rainbow Dash had more of a Cloud matching personal if she was to lose Applejack who in which had a Zack Fair personal.

Weird ain't it?

Now I really felt bore at the time and started playing Crisis Core again, all the way to the end on Hard. At the end, I just thought of a crossover. What would happen if My Little Pony followed the same concept storyline as FF7. I began to think of characters that will nicely fit each other. I seen Applejack more suited to be Zack due her stubborness, heart of honesty, and strong skills. And she will do whatever it takes to get the mission done properly.

Angeal was replaced by me with Big Mac, because, come on, look at them. Lay back and badass and they both care for their student.

Aerith and Fluttershy fitted together perfectly and I mean perfectly. Though I had to take away that completly Surroundophobia of Fluttershy. (She is afraid of everything.) I perfectly and properly fitted those two together.

Now the hardest part to this, was Cloud, I was debating on who will take Cloud's role. Twilight or Rainbow Dash. So I decided and I picked Rainbow Dash. Funniest thing about this is that if you played FF7 for the Ps1, a little girl is complete fan over Cloud in a certain town. I replaced that girl to be Scootaloo after she is saved from drowning. Now I had to get rid of somethings from Rainbow Dash, mostly her Awesome attitude. I needed to rip it away from her and match her attitribute with Cloud's. It was hard, I had to make sure that I kept her in character and out of character. I believe that is the most hardest things to ever do in fanfics.

Well, that is all, I hope this stopped your debate. I actually am happy you both read this and are fans of FF7. :pinkiehappy: Thank you!:ajsmug:

1143133
it was not a debate. just an observation of mine.
and the little girl was barrets "daughter" and marlene was her name.
and i agree. i was just pointing out how book was wrong and how they are indeed cool to the same level
1139810
and yes book, i have played FF7, and crisis core. i also have advent children and plan on playing DoC sometime soon.
so yes, i know what i am talking about.
as for dash killing one of her friends? Rocket to insanity, she kills pinkie before "pinkamina gets her"
also Dash could take on the entire Shinra army, because of one minor thing.
it is easy to dodge bullets at mach 5 or even mach 10.
also lastly, zack is far from cool. he is silly, with a slight cool-ness that comes from being honest with himself.
i mean when areth offered to take him where he needed to go and he said "you just want to spend more time with me" and she replied "yes" (paraphrasing here) but he was shocked that she did.
but the best thing that discribes zack is what angeal said about him "zero attention span, restless like a little puppy"
even when he enherited the buster blade he was still the happy go lucky puppy.
dont assume i dont know what i am talking about just because i dont go into a ALL CAPS RAGE!!!!
it just makes you look silly :rainbowwild:

1143227Hmm, I am now thinking of doing a straight up story of the entire game. It is gonna be hard and long, the chapters will be on delays since I will of course get into distracting obstacles. Hmm? Maybe, just maybe I can start it up.

1144473
more power to you.

1143227 Now rocket to insanity wasn't cannon why you would even bring that up is pointless and your math is wrong rainbow dash did a sonic rain boom which is the equivalent of a sonic boom not mach 10 and no as a matter of fact she couldn't even hurt the shinra army sure she could dodge most bullets but for rainbow dash all they need is one shot on her and she goes down. Also zack is cool silly is awesome I'm pretty much mirror zack in personality and looks exempt for that damn hair. oh yes and she can break the sound barrier that is all she can't go past the speed of sound if she did she would get ripped apart unless she was made of steel. As another addition how would she even be able to hurt the shinra army by doing what kicking them yeah that would do much against a helicopter made of reinforced steel Where did you even get the idea that she could go mach 10 wherever you got that info from it was false if she went mach 10 her skin would rip off and she would turn into a bloody mess. 1143133 No he doesn't mirror applejack at all and rainbow dash doesn't mirror cloud at all where do you people get these comparisons there are so many differences between zack and applejack that i could make a list. Rainbow dash and cloud have almost nothing in common so i honestly don't know where you got that

1147064
SCIENCE dear boy, SCIENCE!
just before she does the sonic rainboom you can see the cone of air pressure in front of her,
by mesuring certain parts and putting them into a formula (which one guy did for his physics presentation) you will see that pre SRB she is going roughly mach five. and afterwords she doubles her speed causing the air to diffuse enough to show all visible spectrums clear from cloudsdale to canterlot and possibly even to manehattan.
and you are not the personality of zack. i can tell just from those few sentences you wrote. if you were like anyone i would suggest rufus.

1150223 now i do actually have the personality of zack when I'm in a good mood but you caught me in a particularly bad day so yes on bad days i do have the personality of rufus and plus if she broke mach ten she would break physics if she wasn't ripped apart or turned into a bloody pulp then again it is a cartoon just like sonic where he can go mach ten backwards. that broke physics

1150223 oh yes and did you also feel kind of sad when rufus was killed by diamond weapon

1150815Rufus was never kill, he is still alive. It was revealed by Advent Children, he was suffering from Geostigma.
1150223>>1150815
You two and your lovely conversation remind me of Luffy and Pop Pie.
us10.memecdn.com/like-if-you-love-one-piece_o_184135.jpg

1150839
Good thing i had me spinach! ugugugugug.
1150815
funny. for a dead guy he seemed awefully alive when he talked to cloud and kept kadaj from jenovas friggen head.

1152191Rufus is such a cute badass. When I first saw him in Final Fantasy 7 on my Psp, I said, "That Rufus sure looks cute in polygons! I hope Deus Ex doesn't take him!"Lol He seem to have survive a lot of things, by pure luck.

1152204
rufis is the cute tyrant... funny how that never happens in real life.

1152211He is smart, keen, and a relax guy in any kind of situation. Kadaj fired a Firaga at him, this guy move to the side and jump off the building while shooting at him with no fear of his decent.

1152219
thats because he knew tsung and elena were still alive. and prepared.
i mean both reno AND RUDE were freaking the hell out.

Well i never got around to watching advent children fully oh well but if it came down to luffa or popeye probably luffa if it wasn't the 4 kids version

1165650You should watch the rest of the episodes. They are still showing it, not on 4kids of course, but on this site All the episodes are still going.

1188506 HEY THATS MY LINE

Login or register to comment