• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 32,492 Views, 432 Comments

The Magic Within - Night--Mist



Sometimes when you want to live up to your family's legacy, all you need to do is to look inside yourself and do what you think is right, with friends to help you find your way.

  • ...
65
 432
 32,492

Checking Preparations (Decorations and Music)

Note: Some of these upcoming chapters will be following the lines of the first episode as close as they can and I give full credit to the makers of My Little Pony for that. Hope you enjoy this chapter.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Checking Preparations (Decorations and Music)

Twilight and Spike were soon in town hall where the celebration was to be held and Spike was checking off the last bit of the check list concerning the weather. He then said, "Alright, next item on the list: decorations. (He catches sight of a white unicorn mare) Beautiful."

Twilight thought he was referring to the ribbons and banners and said, "Yes, the decor is coming along nicely. This ought to be quick, I'll be at the library in no time. Yes, beautiful indeed."

"Not the decor. Her," Spike said pointing at the white unicorn.

The unicorn was deciding on which ribbon she should use and Spike asked, "How are my spines? Are they straight?"

Twilight walked closer to the unicorn and was only able to say, "Good afternoon."

Not even looking behind her the unicorn said, "Just a moment please. I'm in the zone as it were, ah yes. Sparkle always does the trick, does it not? Why Rarity, you are a talent."

She turns around to Twilight and said, "Now, how can I, wah, your highness. (frantically bows) Oh please forgive me for my rude behavior a moment ago, and whatever happened to your coiffure?"

"Please there is no reason to apologize. You were just doing your job. As for my mane, it's a long story. My assistant and I were just here to check on the decorations and then we'll be out your hair," Twilight said.

" Out of my hair? What about your hair, your highness? You must come with me at once your majesty," Rarity said wanting to help her.

She directing the princess toward the exit and Twilight asked, "Wait, where are we going?"

"To my boutique, your highness. There's none better in all of Ponyville, and I have some of the top styles in all of Equestria, your majesty," Rarity said.

"I'm sure my mane can wait, I have to take care of the preparations," Twilight said.

"Forgive me your highness, but your mane cannot wait another minute. We simply must have you look presentable for the day. I would not wish for anything less then to have one of our princesses treated properly during their visit your highness," Rarity said.

"Alright, alright, just make it as quick as you can," the lavender princess insisted.

"This will require the right amount of careful handling and delicacy, especially for a Princess of Equestria, but I will do it in a timely manner," Rarity said.

"Thank you," Twilight said.

They were soon at the boutique and Rarity was deciding the best look that would suit her princess. It had taken longer then the young princess hoped, but she had finally made a decision on an outfit, Spike still in a trance, having followed them all the way saying nothing. "You know, I sometimes am envious of most ponies that come from Canterlot your higness, but not you of course. You deserve nothing less, with all the glamour, the sophistication. I've always dreamed of living there. I can't wait to hear of all your experiences there, your higness, well all that didn't reach all over Equestria that is. I think you and I will be the best of friends your majesty.......... Emeralds? What was I thinking? Let me get you some rubies," Rarity said.

As she hurries off, Twilight sought this opportunity and said running off, "Quick, before she decides to dye my coat a new color."

Spike was still out of it and Twilight had to swoop him up and make a run for it. Soon they were out the door and did not stop to see a certain pink earth pony stop by the boutique. When they were a good distance away form the building, Spike said, "Wasn't she wonderful?"

Pulling him out of his trance, Twilight said, "Focus Casanova, what's next on the list?"

Spike cleared his throat checked off decorations and said, "Music, it's the last one on the list."

Soon, both of them heard a faint sound birds, which seemed to be chirping in rhythm. They soon find the source of the sound as the see a yellow pegasus conducting a chorus of birds. Everything seemed to be going well until one bird seemed to be off pitch. The yellow pegasus flew up to him and said"Oh my, um, stop please everyone, um, excuse me sir? I mean no offence, but, your rhythm is just a tiniee tiny bit off. Now follow me please, a one , a two, a one two three..."

"Hello," Twilight said.

"Ahh," the pink maned pony screams as her birds fly off.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to frighten your birds. I'm just here to check up on the music with my assistant and it's sounding beautiful," said Twilight.

The yellow winged pony lands and shifts her hoof shyly after bowing to her princess. Twilight was feeling a bit uneasy herself by the silence and said, "I'm Princess Twilight Sparkle... What's your name?"

"Um, I'm Fluttershy," the pegasus said lightly.

"I'm sorry what was that?" Twilight asked.

"My name is Fluttershy your highness," Fluttershy mumbled.

"Didn't quite catch all that Miss," Twilight says.

"Fluttershy," Fluttershy squecked nervously.

Seeing that she wasn't going to get the pegasus to say her name loud enough, she sees the birds and said, "Well, um, it looks like your birds are back, so I guess everything's in order. Keep up the good work."

Fluttershy mumbles something no pony could make out and Twilight said as she turned away to her assistant, "Okay, well that was easy."

"Huh, a baby dragon," Fluttershy exclaimed.

She skidded up next to the Princess and said, "Oh, forgive me your highness, I have to say, I've never seen a baby dragon before. He is so cute your majesty," Fluttershy said.

"Well, well, well," was all spike said.

"Huh, he talks. I didn't know baby dragons could talk your highness, that's just so incredibly wonderful, I, I just don't know what to say," Fluttershy said.

Grabbing Spike with her magic, Twilight said, "Well in that case we better be going."

"Wait, what's his name your majesty?" Fluttershy asked.

"I'm Spike," Spike said.

"Hi Spike, I'm Fluttershy. Wow, a talking dragon, and what do dragons talk about?" Fluttershy asked, who was unable to notice the princess's annoyance.

"Well what do want to know?" Spike asked.

"Absolutely everything," Fluttershy said.

"Oh dear," Twilight exclaims.

"Oh, I mean if that's alright with you, your highness, I mean," Fluttershy said.

"No it's fine really. I just hope you have time on your hooves, because we need to get to the library and by the time we get there it will be his bed time," Twilight said.

"Oh goodness, we must hurry then," Fluttershy said and they soon walk off.

Spike looked at Twilight suspiciously, but then said as Fluttershy listened intently, "Well I started out as a cute little purple and green egg."

Author's Note:

End of chapter seven. Sorry if it seemed a little short, but I want to stretch this Story out as much as possible and yes, most of this chapter is like the episode and like I said before I give full credit to the makers of the TV series for that and threw in a few of my own lines. After the events of Nightmare Moon I may skip some of the episodes that have smaller events that play out and focus on the more life altering ones. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I hope to see positive comments and will accept any constructive criticism that you may have. I'll update this story when I have the chance. Thank you for previous comments and for following my story, I hope to gain more likes and few to no flames in the coming future. You all rock. Keep on reading.