• Published 12th Feb 2013
  • 24,039 Views, 3,415 Comments

My Little Marriage : Mary is a Mare - MerlosTheMad



Stan has been married to his wife, Mary, for nearly fifteen years. They're happy and live a very normal, almost picturesque life. Sometimes... life has a funny way of pulling a one eighty when you least expect it.

  • ...
87
 3,415
 24,039

Chapter Divided by 0: April Foal's Day

Mary bit her lip, full of tender anticipation for more of the attention she was finally receiving from her husband. "Ohhh... Yes, yes... yes! Right there. That's the spot, don't stop." Her back leg kicked idly, jiggling in air in an erratic pattern that almost matched her hurried breath.

Stan rolled his eyes, smirking. He'd never seen his wife like this before, but he didn't particularly mind it in the least. Before, when she was human, she had been miserable as of late, and cheering her up had always taken a great deal of effort. It was only since her transformation that things, funnily enough, had changed. And he had to be honest with himself, he was a little amazed by some of the changes in his home's atmosphere that had come with it. Still, while fascination and acceptance were two widely different animals, he would do anything to keep his wife happy.

He was a good husband, after all, and that extended to the strange requests she had begun making. At least, strange compared to how things used to be.

Mary groaned again and rubbed her neck up against Stan's arm once, then twice, dragging herself slowly over his bicep in a half trance. "You have no idea how good this feels."

Stan exhaled tiredly, but kept up the work. "Well, I'll take your word for it."

Mary opened her eyes slightly, half acknowledging that she was listening. "Mmhmm?" she intoned. "Oh, yeah, right there. That's the stuff."

"Would you hold still?" Stan's deep voice rumbled. "This isn't exactly easy when you're constantly shifting around like this, you know." He gently tried to slide Mary closer again after she'd begun scooting away from him, seemingly without knowing it. "It's hard enough to do two things at once as it is." Once again, he set himself back upon the task at hand.

Meanwhile, Mary just giggled at his expense, then hummed in pleasure and contentment. "Sorry, Stan. I really do appreciate this, though. Thanks for understanding. It's just way too difficult to manage it on my own, you know?"

Stan nodded his head absently. "That makes sense, all considering. I'm just happy to be here to help-"

Before he could finish speaking, Mary made a sudden sound of discomfort. "Ow—, Stan, pay attention! Not so rough I— Ow! Okay, stop, stop. Just pull it out if you're going to mess it up that bad." She winced, enduring the sudden discomfort as best she could.

Stan frowned, trying to fulfill what was asked of him. "Alright, just hold still and I'll—"

Mary tried her hardest not to cry out. "Ah! Stan, be more careful! This thing is sensitive—"

"Don't you think I know that?" Stan shook his head in exasperation, continuing on. After a moment more, he looked up in a mild panic. "Uh, Mar, I think it's stuck."

Mary scowled and craned her head around to look at her husband. "It's what?"

"I said it's—"

"I heard you the first time!" Mary clenched her eyes shut, suddenly beyond frustrated; even more so than she had been before. "Just keep trying."

Stan did as he was told, but after a minute of struggling, and a great deal more discomfort on both of their parts, he was unable to manage. "I don't think I can get it out... Should I go get some scissors?" He looked around at the other various tools that were left laying about, wondering if any of them could perhaps help in dislodging his wife.

Mary's eyes widened in horror. "Are you kidding? Don't be crazy, Stan. Sure it hurts, but it's not worth ruining it over."

Stan raised an eyebrow, then looked down in an unsure sort of way. "So you actually like this thing?" A wry tone snuck into his voice. "I've never really gotten that impression from you before." He chuckled briefly, recalling all of the misery that his wife usually displayed when the current topic of discussion was ever mentioned. "After all, you usually just curse and swear at it nonstop-"

Mary interrupted, a new fire suddenly burning in her eyes. "I do not curse! Often... And so what if I like it a little bit...!?" Her expression darkened further as she went on. "And if you can't get it out, I'll go and get Twilight to help. I'm sure she's an expert with this stuff, anyway."

Stan put on a wounded look, watching as his wife made to leave. "Twilight? But you barely know her."

"Why should that matter? We're both girls." Mary turned her nose up.

In the other room, Twilight raised her head from the computer, suddenly filled with a sense of dread.

Back in the other room, Mary went on with berating her husband. "Anyway, you missed out on your chance to be useful, mister."

With that, Mary hopped off the couch, the brush hanging from her tail's tip clunking onto the floor unceremoniously. "You can just sit there with this smart attitude of yours and think about things. Maybe when I come back, I'll forgive you. Hmph."

Stan watched her go, then shrugged, sighing to himself in a confused way. "Mares," he muttered, smirking a little, then unmuted the television.

Herbert finally couldn't hold it in any longer, and exploded into a mad laughter. "I— and you— she— Do you even know what you both just—" He began kicking his legs out from where he sat on the other side of the couch, and devolved into senseless wheezing.

Stan looked over, arcing an eyebrow. "Dad, would you relax? And what's so funny?"


This Next Part brought to you by the illustrious Hoopy Mcgee!

Later that night...

Stan stood up from the bed, and for a moment Mary's heart broke. Did this mean that he didn't find her at all attractive?

"Just a minute, I thought of something," Stan said. He grinned at her. "I think... yeah, I think it will help."

Mary's heart leapt as Stan ran out of the bedroom. She couldn't help wondering what it was Stan was going to get to "spice up" their first attempt at lovemaking since she became ponified, and she started mentally reviewing different possibilities.

Is it food? she wondered briefly before shaking her head. Nah, he's never been much for eating in bed. Her stomach rumbled. Though, I wouldn't mind some strawberries or something...

As the minutes passed, Mary waited. At first with a nervous and fluttery anticipation, which was followed by a bored curiosity, which led straight to a frustrated impatience.

"Where the hell is he?" she muttered.

A moment later, Stan came bursting back into the bedroom. He had a piece of paper in one hand, and what looked like a tape dispenser in the other.

"Alright," he said. "Sorry that took so long. The printer was acting up. But I really think this will help."

"What's that?" Mary asked, pointing at the paper,

Stan flipped it over. "Ta-da!"

"That's... that's a picture of my face. As a human."

"Yep!" said Stan as he took a piece of tape off of the dispenser.

"And what—"

Mary froze as Stan leaned forward and pressed the paper against her forehead. A second later, she felt him press the tape firmly down.

"Yup," said Stan as he straightened up. "That should about do it."

Mary heard a zipper, followed by what sounded like denim hitting the floor.

"Okay," Stan said. "Let's do this thing."

Mary scowled where she sat, so hard that her face hurt. Not that Stan could see it.

Happy April Fool's day from The Madverse!


Whelp, that's all for now folks! Thanks for reading.

Author's Note:

The appropriate music video is borrowed from JakeWhyman.

Chapter concept by Stormy Weather.

Well, I felt motivated for something silly. I've been thinking about doing some side chapters and stories for MLM and ATL, too. But I'd like to get past this huge hurdle of a story section, first. I can't believe how hard it is, or how lazy I've been. Hah, well, anyway, cheers for now. I'm working on Contrail with Lycan at the moment. For now, I hope you guys had a good laugh from me, and have more throughout the day!