• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 2,546 Views, 30 Comments

The Nightmare Without - Dihinner



Even the brightest of souls can have the darkest of Nightmares

  • ...
2
 30
 2,546

STORYBOARD

Storyline: The Nightmare Without
Plotline

Day 1: strange dreams reported all across town. A brief appearance from Darkrai watching from atop a building. Luna starts to worry what’s real and what’s a nightmare after multiple ‘waking ups’ and decides to confront Darkrai again, only to have him blast her away and teleport to Ponyville.

Day 2: dreams become stranger and reports of mild nightmares. Darkrai confronts Luna again and tells her how she’s helpless against the future nightmares. Ends with Luna first to fall into the never-ending nightmare.

Day 3: dreams now becoming full-fledged nightmares and it is becoming harder and harder to awake from them. Twilight tries to ask for aid in the problem, only to learn that Luna has fallen and ends with Darkrai’s inner monologue.

Day 4: nightmares are starting to get more and more terrifying, specifically Fluttershy’s nightmare about killing something. Twilight finally meets Darkrai, who feigns innocence and blames the source of the nightmares on another being.

Day 5: Twilight & co go out to find the being Darkrai blamed the nightmares on while he directly attacks Celestia. The two have a fight but Darkrai ultimately defeats her but lets her have one last day before causing the nightmare upon her.

Day 6: ponies of the town have stopped waking up all together and Darkrai makes a public appearance to tell them of their ultimate fate and unleashes a Dark Void on all present. He also decides to trap them all in the same nightmare so they can all suffer together and destroy their trust. Ends with Darkrai’s inner monologue.

Day 7: Twilight & co try to escape the nightmare but must be careful because they are almost always under Darkrai’s watchful eye. After a brief struggle, they are sucked into Darkrai’s psyche and try to locate his greatest fear.

Day 8: searching Darkrai’s mind, they come across a frightening being (Giratina (altered)) and it offers them some help in exchange for a reflective surface when Darkrai’s defeated. After stumbling across some memories, it’s revealed how Darkrai was sent to Equestria and introduces Palkia and Cresselia.

Day 9: after getting out of the memories, Twilight & co finally confronts Darkrai and Giratina’s purpose is revealed as well as Darkrai’s fear. The two fight briefly before Giratina pulls them out of Darkrai’s mind and defeats him, causing the nightmares to finally end.

Day 10: epilogue: as promised, Twilight & co creates a reflective surface as Giratina wished and are finally relieved that the Darkrai threat is finally over and celebrate. During the celebration, Giratina (altered) comes out of the reflective surface along with Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. Ends with Arceus thanking his son (Giratina) and going to find Twilight & co for letting them cross into Equestria.

Author's Note:

well, this is how i envisioned this to go, before cancellation due to writers block and sheer lazyness


NOTE - this was written at 12:49 am on 24/03/2013

Comments ( 1 )

...you lazy motherfucker...

Login or register to comment