• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 2,756 Views, 129 Comments

The Pinkamena Diaries - FlutterDash777



What does life look like through the eyes of Pinkamena Diane Pie?

  • ...
6
 129
 2,756

My Theories About Love

-My Theories About Love

Ever since I conjured up my new theory last night, I couldn't wait for morning time. I wasn't going to give up on figuring out what I was going to do no matter how difficult it may be.

My mind was racing all night long trying to figure a way that I could learn more about Pinkie Pie herself. How was I suppose to study somepony that I couldn't be in contact with?

It was a question that took me all night to answer, but eventually I came up with a solution.

As the sun rose up, and I could hear Pinkie rustling in her bed I decided to squeeze my way through her mind again, and not let her awaken. At least not today. I needed a full day of study, and the only way I could do that is if Pinkie stayed locked safely away in my mind.

As I felt myself taking over her body I tried to sit myself up. I had never directly seen Pinkie's room before, and it was a sight to take in. I could smell a sweet smell coming from another room downstairs, and I felt a soft, cushion under me. I stroked Pinkie's warm bed, and slightly buried my face into her covers. It was the first time I had ever smelled Pinkie Pie before. At least her scent was still attached to her bed sheets.

I pulled my head up, and set my hooves on the ground. I was a little wobbly at first due to the early morning, but I regained my balance, and made my way over to a frame upon Pinkie's wall.

I could see myself inside the strange dimensional glass, and I was stunned at first by the unusual item. I tapped on it's cover with the tip of my hoof, and then quickly jerked it away. I wasn't quite sure what would happen if I touched it, but I soon learned that it wasn't anything to be afraid of.

Strange or not I decided to use this glass to my advantage.

I looked at my mane. It fell flat atop my face, and was stringy from top to bottom. I stroked through a few strands, catching a few knots on the way. What was I going to do with my mane? I couldn't let Pinkie's friends see it like this. Especially Rainbow Dash...

I tilted my head to the side, and watched as my long pink mane swayed to the side. I took my front hooves, and began to rapidly scratch through my mane. I could feel it tangling up, but it seemed to be working. My flat mane began to fluff out, and as I continued to shake my head, and mess up my mane, it eventually poofed up, and began to curl in all directions.

I couldn't believe it. I looked almost exactly like Pinkie Pie. I was almost convinced that I was Pinkie Pie for a moment, but quickly snapped myself out of it. If I continued to look into this glass I might just fall for myself.

I moved my face away from the frame, and started my way out of Pinkie's bedroom door. I could still smell the sweet scent of Pinkie in my nostrils.

I walked down the stairs, and came upon another room. This room was full of tables, and chairs. There were ponies lined up from the entrance all the way to a counter at the front of the store. I could smell more sweet smells coming from this room. It must be where all the food was at.

I cautiously watched as a yellow stallion was taking strange coins from the ponies, and in return giving them edible items. I wasn't sure exactly how that worked, but I tried to remember it. I may be able to use that information in my book of theories.

"Hello Pinkie darling! Fancy to see you."

I turned my head quickly to the sound of the voice that was calling out Pinkie Pie's name. A small distance away I saw a white unicorn. Her mane was perfectly curled, and she had a sort of glow about her. I remembered this pony to be another one of Pinkie's friends. I had wrote quite a few pages about her alone at one point. She was quite interesting. Much different from the other friends. But what was her name again?

"H-hey." I lifted my hoof slightly in her direction. My mind continued to race in search for her name. It just left me all of a sudden!

"How are you Pinkie? I'm so terribly sorry I couldn't make it to the picnic yesterday. Me, and Applejack were...um...busy..." The white unicorn walked closer in my direction. Her face kind of blushed a bit, but she soon turned back to her normal, pale fur color.

"That's alright. Fluttershy, and Dashie was there....so I got to study--erm....enjoy the picnic with them." I almost choked myself trying to correct my ignorance. I almost gave myself away!

"Yes...so, I came by to see you actually. There is this dress I was making, and I thought it would be best if it fit a figure like yours. I was wondering if you could help me model for it back at my boutique. I could really use the help. Your figure would fit it sooo perfectly!" The ponies blue eyes dazzled as she fluttered them rapidly at me. She was indeed a beauty, and I couldn't pass down an opportunity quite like this. I could use the extra information on this pony. She might have some details about Pinkie Pie. But how was I suppose to ask her about...myself?

I had followed the lovely friend of Pinkie's all the way to her dress store. I myself had never seen actual clothes before, let alone wear any; I found it quite interesting being able to try some on! However, I was not here to have fun dressing up! I was here for Pinkie!

"So if you would step over here, and I will be right back with the dress!" The white unicorn disappeared into another room as I stood in the directed spot.

I looked around the store, and my eyes were bedazzled by the beautiful colors of the many dresses that surrounded me. What lovely....Wait! No. I have to focus!

"Rarity?!!"

A sudden bang slammed against the door, and my eyes quickly jolted in the direction. Rarity! That's right! That's her name! Rarity! I tried to smile as I remembered the unicorns name, but then another pony came crashing through the door.

"Rarity! Where in tarnation are ya'?" An orange earth pony barged on in, and with a drop of sweat on her brow stomped forward without even noticing me.

"What on earth are you doing, Applejack?" Rarity reappeared into the room with a lovely gown in her hooves. Her face was puzzled by the sight of yet another one of Pinkie's close friends.

I also remembered writing about Applejack. I had learned a lot about Rarity, and Applejack's relationship together a few weeks ago. On the outside they seem to be enemies, but I saw their soft side. I could really sense a romantic connection from them. But...who am I kidding? What would I know about romance?

"I thought y'all were gonna' come help me at the farm this mornin'! And because y'all never showed up I had to fix all them there branches by muself!" Applejack looked frustrated, but I could tell she was more saddened than anything. I jolted that down in my memory.

"Oh my goodness! I completely forgot! I was working on a dress, and I had to ask Pinkie for modeling help, and....oh dear I am so sorry, Applejack!" Rarity held one hoof over her mouth as if she were feeling uneasy, but she soon set it down. I could feel a real sincere apology coming from Rarity.

Applejack's expression changed quickly, and she trotted over to the distressed Rarity. She held up her head with her orange hoof, and smiled back at the unicorn.

"No, Ah'm sorry. It's alright. Ah' understand." Applejack said with a small wink.

These two are just as obvious as Flutters, and Dashie. How does nopony else realize this? I wonder if Pinkie Pie knows....

I saw their eyes slowly turning to me as they reconnected with reality, and remembered I was still there. I could see their faces brightening up as they realized that they had shown their affection towards each other in front of me. But little did they know that I was perfectly okay with it! Gave me more to study of course!

"So, Rarity....Do you want me to try on that dress now?" I tried to get Rarity back into her normality, and I secretly wanted to wear the dress.

"Oh of course!" Rarity shoved the dress into my muzzle, and then rushed me behind a mobile wall sort of thing. I poked at the screen, but I was then quickly forced into the clothing.

It was quite uncomfortable at first since I had never worn anything but the fur on my back before. But nevertheless, I couldn't help but smile at another reflection glass in front of me. I look so cute....No wait! I got to focus on questions....

"This looks absolutely marvelous!" Rarity gawked at her creation.

"Does look mighty good on ya' Pinkie." Applejack tried to join in, but she obviously wasn't the least bit interested.

Rarity stood me up on a pedestal, and began to check Pinkie's measurements. She lifted my forelegs up, and went around my waist, and everywhere else. I decided that this was a good time to ask any questions.

"So you guys...what do you think of Pinki--um....me?" I nonchalantly kicked the floor slightly, but Rarity slapped my hoof directing me to stay still.

"What do ya' mean, Pinkie?" Applejack looked at me with large green eyes. I noticed freckles scattered upon her cheeks. I had never noticed that before, but that wasn't the slightest bit important at the moment.

"Just...what do you think of me?" I didn't know any other way to put it without making it sound suspicious.

"Well I think you're quite lively, darling. Very lively indeed." Rarity answered without looking up. She continued to measure me.

"And Ah' think yer a great friend. So does everypony else Ah' reckon!" Applejack grinned at me. I tried to smile back, but I knew I was failing.

"Why do ya' ask?"

"Oh no reason...So do you guys think I have....a special love interest?" That came running out of my mouth without warning. I almost slammed my face against the floor. But no matter how odd that question was I tried to play it cool as if it were not much of a big deal at all.

"Love interest? Is this some sort of guessing game? I love guessing games!" Rarity almost squealed with delight. I was relieved that they didn't find that question too strange.

"Hmmm...let's see hur...." Applejack rubbed her chin with her hoof in thought.

"Is it a stallion?" Rarity asked. But then she quickly began to blush as she caught Applejack's eyes.

"Um...I mean....of course it's a stallion...Ahaha.." Rarity tried to laugh it off. I knew she was definitely into Applejack...

"Actually it's not." I looked up trying to avoid their eyes as I confessed my love for a mare. I slightly smirked as I noticed Rarity's relief.

"Well Ah'll be. Ah' would have never guessed that!" Applejack softly giggled, and then continued to think of who it might be.

"Don't tell me it's one of the other three!" Rarity gasped, but she edged closer to hear more spicy details. I could tell she was into gossip.

"It might be, but it's a guessing game, remember? I can't tell you." I winked at the two mares in front of me.

"Ah' bet I know who it is!" Applejack threw one hoof in the air. Rarity's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Who??" Rarity pleaded. She practically drooled for the answer.

I watched Applejack closely as she gave her answer. I was ready to know who Pinkie Pie liked. Maybe she really did know I existed! Maybe she liked me! Maybe she told her friends about me! Maybe she dreams about being with me the way I dream about being with her! Anticipation was killing me as I awaited Applejack's reply.

"It's Rainbow Dash, isn't it?" Applejack smiled widely.

Rainbow Dash?!! What?!

"Oh of course! I could always tell by the way you love to hang around her! She hangs around you more then she does Fluttershy, and she grew up with her! It makes so much since now!" Rarity giggled with glee. I could hear Applejack chuckle a little bit too.

What's going on?! Pinkie Pie hangs out with Rainbow Dash? I...I never saw that! I never hear her talk about her either! How does she like Rainbow Dash? I thought Rainbow Dash liked Fluttershy!! How could my theory be so wrong?!

"Well I sure hope things work out for you two. I think you would make a great couple!" Rarity smiled at me, and Applejack did the same.

No no no!!! They would not make a good couple! How could this be happening? Pinkie Pie loves Rainbow Dash!?

My heart was picking up speed, and I felt a surging pain through my chest. I softly winced in pain, and I felt another wet drop in the corner of me eye. What was this? I let the water fall from my eye, and before I knew it more wet drops were pouring out of me.

I always knew Rainbow Dash was my least favorite....