• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 1,800 Views, 60 Comments

Dark Cloud - D5ky



In Equestria's most desperate hour, a mysterious hooded pony offers Twilight the most powerful, but most dangerous and mind-corrupting type of magic; Dark Magic.

  • ...
6
 60
 1,800

Pains

Iron Hooves walked through the doors to the war room, a bit groggy from his bad night's sleep. He trotted to the holo-projector in the center of the room, meeting Celestia, who was already standing there.

"Good m--ooorning," Iron Hooves said, failing to stifle a huge yawn. As he looked into Celestia's face, he immediately knew there was something wrong. "What's wrong?" he asked her.

"Twilight is late," Celestia said, anxiously.

"Maybe she slept in?" Iron Hooves suggested. "I could use some more sleep myself..."

"No, Twilight is never late. Something is wrong."

In a flash of light, Celestia used an ordinary teleportation spell to ascend a few floors. Soon, she was standing in front of Twilight's quarters, and she didn't even bother to knock. The door swung open, and Celestia ran inside. It was eerily still. She looked at the bed, where her note still lay, completely untouched. Twilight hadn't seen the note. But if she didn't see the note, then she must not have slept here.

"She's not here..." Celestia reached her conclusion with a sinking feeling of dread in her stomach. "She's not here... but if not here, then where?"

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Iron Hooves stood waiting for Celestia to return, now fully awake. Just when he had decided to go see where she had gone, he heard something. He paused. He couldn't quite be sure, but it sounded a lot like a voice.

“Hello?” he said into the emptiness. No response. He stood stalk-still, trying to hear anything else.

Nothing. After another few silent moments, he decided he was hearing things, and took another few paces towards the door.

And came to a dead stop. The rasping, whispering noise rang through the emptiness, lingering much longer this time. He didn’t know why, but when he heard it, he got a nasty feeling in his stomach.

“Who’s there?!” he exclaimed. Still no response. Now panicky, he broke into a gallop for the door. Before he could reach it, it slammed shut of its own accord. His heart began pounding in his chest, as the light from the holo-projector died out, leaving him in complete darkness.

His head began to spin. He ran blindly through the room, determined to be anywhere but here. He tripped over something in the dark, and smashed headlong into the floor.

In the silence, he shivered.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

“All right, you know the rotation schedule,” Rainbow Dash said. “Dismissed!”

As the rest of the soldiers moved away from her, Spike took a few steps closer to her.

“What is it, Spike?” she asked. He had an odd look in his eyes that she couldn’t quite place.

“I got a letter for you from Celestia,” he said, holding out a scroll.

“For me?” Rainbow Dash asked, surprised. She took the scroll from him, unfurled it, and began to read.

Rainbow Dash,

Twilight has gone missing from Canterlot. I have strong reason to believe she snuck off with your squad to Manehattan. I need her back as soon as possible. Search the city for her, and let me know if you find her.

Princess Celestia

“Twilight’s here?” Rainbow Dash said, confused. Then she smiled. “Of course she is. She’s crazy…”

“Should we start looking?” Spike asked, having read the letter over her shoulder.

“Yeah, I suppose so,” Rainbow Dash replied.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Celestia made her way back to the basement, and was surprised to find the door shut tight. As soon as she reached out to open it, it burst open in a frenzy. A very panic-stricken Iron Hooves scrambled across the floor, stumbling into the hallway. He was white as chalk.

“Th-there’s -- s-something -- in th-there,” he stammered, shaking violently. Next moment, he retched, and vomit splattered the hallway floor.

If Iron Hooves was this terrified, something was very wrong. She looked into the room, which was lit by the holo-projector. There was nopony in sight, but she knew that never meant anything. Her spell of revealing, however, also revealed there was nothing. She looked back at Iron Hooves, who was still throwing up.

“Was the dark aura that strong?” she asked.

“Stronger than anything I’ve ever sensed,” Iron Hooves choked out, before returning to vomiting. Celestia magically cleaned up the floor and wall when he had finally finished

“What happened?” she asked him.

Still shaking slightly, Iron Hooves recounted the terrifying experience.

‘What on earth?’ Celestia silently thought. ‘I’ve never heard anything like this before…’

Princess.

She almost hadn’t noticed the foreign blank thought. Immediately, she replied.

Ventus. What’s your status?

I’m on my way home. You’re not going to believe what they told me. Everything makes sense now, but it’s too much to try to discuss like this. It’ll have to wait until I’m back.

All right. I’ll see you soon.

As soon as the connection died, a new letter entered her magical inventory, which she hurriedly retrieved.

Princess Celestia, guess who we found hiding downtown.

-Rainbow Dash

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Manehattan was densely populated, but it didn’t cover a whole lot of surface area, as it as a small island. It didn’t take long, with everypony searching, to find Twilight where she was hiding.

Rainbow Dash walked into the room where Twilight was being held, sitting across from her.

“Hey, Twi,” Rainbow Dash said, casually. “What’s up?”

Silence. Twilight’s face was impassive as Dash looked at her.

“Decided you were coming to the front lines after all?”

Still, nothing.

“I mean, I'd totally be fine with it, Except, you know, Celestia kinda ordered you not to.”

Nothing.

“Why’d you do it?” she asked. “What’s gotten into you?”

“What do you mean?” Ice broken at last.

“You used to follow Celestia’s orders to a tee. What changed?”

“.....Sombra,” she said. “Sombra changed me.”

“How so?” Dash asked.

“He killed my brother. He killed Cadence. And I’m betting he had something to do with Applejack.”

She stared hard at Rainbow Dash unblinkingly, as her eyes suddenly turned colder than ice.

“And I’m going to tear him to shreds.”

Rainbow Dash just stared. Twilight was practically unrecognizable. She was no longer the egghead Dash had once known. Cold fury in her eyes, she looked ready to kill anything that stood in her way.

“...Well,” Dash said, standing up. “I’ll leave you to think about that. You may want to consider doing what you’ve been told instead of what you want.”

She walked out of the room, not looking back, leaving Twilight to her thoughts.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Two Days Later

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

As the moon rose high in the sky, casting its full light across the city, two soldiers stood on the northern Manehattan watchtower, staring blankly out into the northern sea.

“Why do we need to watch the water?” one asked.

“Good question,” his friend replied, looking sideways at him. “I mean, it’s not like they’re gonna come up out of the water, right?” He looked back to where he was supposed to be looking.

Just in time to see the arrow a foot away from his head.

The first guard looked around at the sound of the arrow piercing his friend’s head, in time to see his own rapidly approaching death. They both fell to the floor, dead, as the water began churning violently.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

“Aaaaaaand… done!” Rarity exclaimed, holding up the suit of armor in triumph. “Do the final test.”

She levitated it over to the Earth Pony stallion in the room, who was in charge of testing durability. He beat it a few times with the large sledgehammer he was wielding, which echoed loudly around the room for a few moments every time it hit.

“Pass,” he declared.

“Ensure it’s sent off to Fluttershy,” Rarity requested. “That is all I require from you tonight.”

They both left the small building, and Rarity walked herself to the large hotel where she was staying.

“Just two more to go,” she sighed to herself, as she flopped onto her four-poster bed and drew the curtains with her magic. “Mine, and Rainbow Dash’s…”

She had endured an exhausting couple of days. In the beginning, it had been a constant argument between the armor experts and herself. They had to quash several of her plans, because the armor was “meant to protect, not to look good.” She had been forced to redo her design plans three times until the experts were convinced it could properly protect them. Then, finally, she had began almost nonstop work on them. Twilight’s and Pinkie Pie’s had been completed first, along with Fluttershy’s that day. She had began preliminary work on her own and Rainbow Dash’s, but they weren’t quite ready.

She started to drift off to sleep...

The sirens started to blare.

Rarity sat bolt upright in bed, eyes wide as dinner plates. Those sirens meant one thing. Attack. She rushed over to her window, throwing open the curtains in an attempt to see what was going on.

But her view was obscured by fire.

She didn’t even have time to cry out in alarm. The giant fireball collided with the outside wall, and exploded with as much force as the Elements of Harmony. Her world became hell. All of her senses cut out, and she was blindly thrown around the room, cut by splintering wood, and burned by the incomprehensible amount of fire.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Report! Dash commanded her soldiers. How did Sombra sneak up on us like this?!

Unclear, Commander, one of them replied. It appears he ambushed the watchgaurds.

Everyone to secondary defensive positions! MOVE! she screamed at them.

Looking left, she saw Spike frozen in horror, mouth open.

“Spike, get a move on!” she yelled. “Don’t just stand--”

“That’s Rarity’s hotel!” he exclaimed, pointing to the building Sombra had hit first. Ignoring his orders, he tore towards the front door of the hotel.

Inside the hotel, pandemonium reigned. Ponies ran in every direction, unsure of where to go. Spike forced his way through them and ran up the several flights of stairs to Rarity’s floor.

Everywhere he looked, fire lit up the darkness of the night. He ran to Rarity’s room, brutally smashing down the remnants of the door. The hotel room was unrecognizable. Debris and splintered wood lay everywhere, but Spike immediately located Rarity in the mess.

"RARITY!" He exclaimed in horror. Quicker than a flash, he found himself beside her.

"S...Spike..." Rarity moaned. He bent down to take her in his arms, horrified at how scarlet the floor seemed to be.

"Oh, Celestia..." Realization hit him hard, as he located the wound in her neck. Something had punctured her artery. She was losing a large amount of blood.

"Stay with me, Rarity!" he cried, holding the mare in his arms like she was a newborn filly. Tears welled up in his eyes, as he watched the mare of his dreams splattering blood on the floor. “Stay with me…”

“...I don’t... think I can,” Rarity said. Spike was panicking. There weren’t any powerful unicorns who could get here fast enough to help, and they both knew it.

"Rarity, I need to tell you something," Spike said hurriedly, as the mare got paler and paler from the blood loss.

"I... I love you. I always have... from the moment I first saw you, I've loved you!"

Tears were falling thick and fast down him now, as she lost even more blood. They both knew she only had a few moments left. The mare opened her mouth, and was surprised by what came out of it.

"I... I l...ove y..ou... too, Sp...ike," she managed to say. As she said them, she realized that they were true. She hadn't really cared for him much at the beginning, but recently, she had been subconsciously developing affection for Spike. She had worried when he hadn't returned. She had been overjoyed when he accompanied her here, and was even more happy that he was here now, in her last minute.

She looked into Spike’s emerald eyes, and the two stared at each other for her final moments. Something in the blue eyes flickered, then went out, and her body slumped, never to move again.

Spike clung to her body, crying his heart out on her shoulder. He knew that Sombra might attack the building again, but he didn’t care. He wasn’t leaving the mare of his dreams alone in this room, even if she was dead. He wished more than anything that he could’ve died in her place, that she could still be alive, even without him...

He didn’t know how long he lay there, crying over her body. To him, nothing mattered anymore. Rarity was gone. He wouldn’t have ever moved if somepony else hadn’t come in. He didn’t even look up to see who it was. If it was Sombra, he would be dead, which was what he wished for anyways. He had not expected to be lifted from the floor and carried away from Rarity. He began to struggle, fighting the powerful force that was holding him.

“Let me go!” he yelled, still trying to free himself. His assailant didn’t relinquish him. He finally got them to speak by blowing a burst of green flame at them.

“C’mon Spike, none of that now,” said a deep voice that was quiet, yet powerful. He recognized the voice immediately.

“Take me back in there, Big Mac!” he screamed, still attempting to get to Rarity’s body. “I can’t leave her!”

“Ah’m sorry,” the large red stallion said, still bringing Spike down from the building. “We’ve got other things to be doin now.”

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

The moment the sirens began, Twilight knew she had to get out. The soldiers who had been guarding her all left, and a few minutes later, she was able to break the bands holding her. She ran outside straight into the city, straining her magical senses trying to find King Sombra.

And then she sensed him, only a couple of blocks away. She tore down the road, evading a few groups of fighters along the way. As she rounded the corner, she finally laid eyes on the dark king. He seemed responsible for majority of the destruction happening. Everywhere he looked, green flames followed, which turned their natural shade of orange as soon as they made contact with the buildings. Twilight, however, was immediately distracted by a cyan figure lying closeby on the side of the road.

“RAINBOW!” she cried, running over to where Rainbow Dash lay in a crumpled heap. She stirred a bit, making eye contact with Twilight. There was no visible damage to her, but Twilight could sense the internal magical damage. Rainbow Dash was a goner.

“Twi… I’m sorry,” Dash choked out. “I failed... the... Princess…”

She drew her final, shuddering breath, and slumped to the ground, her eyes devoid of all light except the reflection of the moon in the night sky.

Hatred such as Twilight had never known before shot through her veins like poison. She looked back up at Sombra, who had now taken at least one more of her friends, if not more, away from her.

“Sombra!” she screamed his name. The dark king stopped launching fire in every direction, and turned to face her.

”My, my, isn’t this a surprise?” he said. His eyes glinted maliciously, and the newborn firestorm was reflected in them, giving him an even more eerie look. ”I didn’t know there were three Element bearers in this city. It must be my lucky day.”

“You won’t be killing any more of us tonight,” Twilight snarled at him. “I’m going to tear you apart.”

”Bring it on, little girlie,” Sombra sneered.

Twilight lost it. Charging a spell, she ran forward at him full speed.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Celestia hurried up the stairs in a panicked frenzy, passing several confused guards along the way. She paid them no heed, as she tore up more staircases towards Luna’s tower bedroom. Two night guards stood there, impeding her progress.

“I’m sorry, your majesty,” one of them began, “but Princess Luna asked not to be--”

”If you do not move this instant,” Celestia yelled in her Royal Voice, ”You will both spend eternity on the moon!”

They looked at each other for a split second, before hurling themselves sideways out of the way of Celestia’s fury. She opened both doors violently with magic, causing them to swing all the way inwards and crash horribly against the inside walls with a loud bang. Celestia hurried across the threshold into Luna’s darkened bedroom. Luna lay in the middle of the room, reading something out of an ancient-looking book.

“Luna!” Celestia cried, coming to a halt feet away from her. Luna looked up.

“I thought I told my guards I did not want to be disturbed,” she said, frowning. “What do you need?”

“I need to raise the sun early,” Celestia said.

Luna stared at her, blankly.

“Why?” she seemed annoyed. “It is two o’clock in the morning, and the last time I checked, it is still supposed to be ni--”

“Manehattan is under attack,” Celestia hurriedly cut across her, “and they’re losing. Badly. I need to go assist them, but I need to be at my full power if I need to use solar transport. And for that, I need the sun.”

It was a good reason, and Luna knew it, but…

“If we raise the sun in the middle of the night,” she began, “what will that say to the rest of Equestria?”

“We can’t worry about th--”

“They will discern what is going on,” Luna interrupted her sister. “They will know we are losing if we have to do something like that, and then what? Ponies would panic. Before long, we would have rioting in the streets.”

“So you’re saying we should just leave them?!” Celestia said, indignantly. “Are you really that cold, Luna?”

“I said no such thing,” Luna said. “We cannot raise the sun. But we have the moon,” she gestured to the moon, high above them, “and it is nearly full tonight.”

“I don’t know what you mean,” Celestia said. “The moon can’t help me.”

“No,” Luna said, “it can help me. I will go in your stead.”

Celestia looked taken aback. “You’ll go? Are you certain?”

“Of course I am,” Luna said, standing up. “I will go fight Sombra myself.” She put her book away, and turned towards the window.

“No!” Celestia said, grabbing Luna by the shoulder. “What if you lose? I can’t lose you! Not again!”

Luna looked back at her.

“No offense, sister, but If you went now, you would certainly lose,” she said, matter-of-factly. “And Equestria needs you a lot more than it needs me. You have been the beacon of hope for the entire lives of everypony here. And where was I for their whole lives? On the moon.”

“Luna…” Celestia said, trying to think of another reason to stop her. But she couldn’t.

“It is unlikely I will lose,” Luna said, shrugging Celestia’s hoof off at last, “but if I do, it will not be as much of a blow as it would if you had been killed.” She began walking back towards the window again.

“Please, Luna… be careful,” Celestia said. Luna looked back over her shoulder, and gave Celestia a half-smile. Then, her horn began glowing white. A moment later, her eyes had turned white likewise, and the light around her became slightly distorted. Then, in a flash of white, but not blinding light, Luna vanished.

“Be careful…” Celestia whispered to the now empty room. She didn’t know why, but she had a sorrowful feeling at Luna’s departure. A single tear welled up in her right eye, and slid down her face to splash onto the floor.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

Sombra was trying to move, and Twilight was chasing him relentlessly, throwing all sorts of spells at him in rapid succession. Right now, his sole tactic was to gain an advantage she couldn’t have: air power. But he couldn’t begin flying because of the time he needed to be standing still in order to do so, and she was attacking too rapidly for him to transform. He was running for the edge of town.

Soon, he had reached it. He was now cornered, with only the open water behind him. Twilight’s livid face was clearly visible, even though they were far from any fire now, as she shot a green beam of light at him. He sidestepped it, before looking back at her.

”Disintegration spell, eh?” he said, mildly surprised. ”That’s dark magic.”

“I’m aware,” Twilight snarled.

That split-second distraction was all King Sombra needed. He had fully charged his flight spell, and now launched himself into the air, sailing over the ocean water away from the mare. She cursed inside her own head, infuriated at how she had been fooled.

C’mon, Twilight. Think…

Water. She was surrounded by water. Perfect.

Summoning a great amount of magical energy, she jumped into the air over the ocean water. As she fell a foot or two, the water rose up and caught her. But it didn’t stop. It kept rising, beginning to spin in a cyclone-like manner as she rose higher and higher into the air, and willed her pillar of water to carry her towards the evil king.

Sombra was clearly surprised. He hadn’t expected her to do something like that. But as he looked at her, she shot another green beam of light at him. He flew quickly out of the way. Though he was technically smoke, if he wasn’t careful, he could still be hit by spells.

Their battle resumed, but this time, Sombra began fighting back. He launched a few orbs of pure dark energy at her, which she was able to easily dodge as she shot bolts of light at him. Next, he tried blasting her with fire, but she raised a pillar of water to block it. The bottom of her cyclone broke contact with the ocean surface, and swung upwards behind Twilight. She flipped forward as she brought the massive cyclone over her head, and brought it crashing down towards Sombra. He couldn’t evade it. The water smashed into him, and dragged him down into the ocean. As her cyclone made contact with the ocean surface again, Twilight used it to set herself upright, as she had lost some height while in the air. Sombra struggled against the torrents of swirling water holding him under, and after several long moments, he managed to break free. He flew back up to Twilight’s level, and they stared at each other, facing off again.

“You’re strong,” Sombra commented. Twilight didn’t respond, and just kept glaring at him as the water beneath her swirled.

“But not strong enough.”

He charged a spell, but instead of looking at Twilight, he looked down at the water. She realized what he was doing far too late. Several bolts of forked white lightning shot down from Sombra at the speed of light. The entire ocean nearby them electrified, including Twilight’s cyclone. She shrieked as she was electrocuted. Almost immediately, she blacked out from the pain. The water cyclone stopped swirling, and died out. Twilight began falling back down to the water. Sombra knew that even if she had somehow survived the lightning, the fall would kill her, and if not that, then she would drown.

Just as Twilight was ten feet from death, however, something dark swept in and caught her in mid-air. It was moving so fast that Sombra couldn’t make out what it was.

”No!” he yelled, as Princess Luna sped back towards the tall buildings of Manehattan at top speed. Twilight looked a mess. Her hair was singed. Luna went from maximum speed to zero as she lightly touched down on the roof. Drawing power from the moon once more, she sent Twilight back to Canterlot before flying back to Sombra.

”Well, well, well,” Sombra smiled sadistically. ”Princess Luna. Three Elements and one Princess dead in one night. This is truly--”

”Can you feel it?” Luna’s voice overpowered Sombra’s. ”The moon's power?”

Sombra doubled back. Luna was truly terrifying, even in her icy calm.

”Moon, shine down!” she yelled. She rose up, and raised her front legs to the sky. The moon grew in size as it drew closer to the earth, now casting it’s pale glow bright enough to illuminate everything in ghostly light. The final corner of shadow on the moon vanished, and it shone fully in the night sky. Luna’s eyes flashed a brilliant white, stronger than they had ever done before, as she drank in the power from her moon. She looked at Sombra, and her eyes flashed.

Sombra felt as though a piano had dropped on him. He plummeted towards the ocean again, crying out in pain. Just as he was about to hit the water, he flew parallel to it. Luna fell from the sky, smashing into him and knocking the wind out of him as he fell into the water. He resurfaced, spluttering and gasping as he again tried to flee from the terrifying figure above. Luna kicked, and the magical force of it hit Sombra from ten feet away. He rolled in the air, attempting to fly straight as he soared for the mainland. Luna tore after him, launching several bolts of light at him as Twilight had done. But hers were far more powerful, and each one hit its mark.

Sombra was now struggling to even stay conscious, let alone fly straight. As soon as he was close enough, he crashed into the ground in a crumpled heap. Luna descended right next to him, kicking him as he attempted to sit up. Luna's horn glowed, and an enormous pitch-black sword appeared in front of her.

"In the name of justice, die, vermin," Luna snarled, before driving the sword straight through Sombra's chest. He didn't even cry out as his heart stopped, and he slumped to the ground.

Luna sighed as her eyes stopped glowing, and the moon retreated to its regular distance from the earth. It was finished. Sombra was dead. The war was over.

Or so she thought.

As she turned to leave, however, the dark king stirred. His horn was beating like a heart, and for good reason. He sat up, as his wounds began healing. Even though he hadn't regained his full menacing voice, he spoke.

"You'll have to do better than that, Princess Luna."

She whipped around in horror, as he fired a green beam of light at her.

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

"We can't just leave!" Spike cried, still fighting against Big Mac as he was carried across the Manehattan bridge.

"We have to," Big Mac said.

"We can't just abandon our squad!"

"Our squad's gone," Big Mac informed him. "Ah've tried to talk to 'em in my head, but there ain't anypony left but you ta talk to."

Soon, Spike gave up, and slumped over in despair. Rarity was gone, Rainbow Dash was gone, their squad was gone, and Twilight was probably gone, too.

What was left?

(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

"Come on, Luna!" Celestia muttered to herself as she stared up at the enlarged full moon through Luna's window. "Come on..."

Soon, the moon returned to its natural size.

"Thank goodness..." Celestia sighed in relief, turning away from the window at last.

Why is it that whenever you feel you're safest, the worst thing possible happens?

As Celestia approached the door of Luna's bedroom, total darkness descended over the room.

"Oh, no..." Celestia said, as her heart began beating like a bass drum with fear. She lit her horn and tore back across the dark bedroom to the window, praying in her heart that a cloud had drifted across the moon.

But of course, the sky was completely clear.

The moon had completely vanished from the night sky, leaving only the stars to illuminate the night with their dim light. That could only mean one thing.

Celestia's eyes filled with tears, and as she began to sob, she screamed to the night.

"LUNA!"

Current Equestria Population:

1,003,072

Author's Note:

Hey guys. Sorry this took so long. I've been doing other stuff.
That's all. Stay cool.