• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 11,105 Views, 854 Comments

Equestria Legends Online - Shadowflame



A New virtual reality MMO goes screwy with the arrival of discord. Now over a thousand bronies are trapped in a virtual reality, and the only way out is to play Discord's game. Will they collect the Elements of Harmony in time, or die trying?

  • ...
39
 854
 11,105

PreviousChapters Next
March 4th (The Fourth Boss)

Crossheart and Soul_Cards

Soul and Cross stood with their weapons drawn as they scanned the interior of the boss room. The room was in a circular shape, and the walls were made entirely of black thorns. In the center of the room, a large pool of brown, murky water sat, bubbling slightly. But the most interesting part of the boss room was that there were four doors that lined the outside walls, including the one that Soul and Cross had passed through to enter the room.

Cross glanced over to Soul, "Let's get out of here. There's no way we can beat a boss on our own."

Soul nodded, "Right. Let's go, before the boss shows up." He turned around and tried to pull the doors open with magic. But even as Soul tried to open the door, it held shut.

Soul groaned, as he released his hold on the door, "Great, it must have locked when we came through."

Cross glanced over towards the other three doors, "Hey, why don't we try those doors?"

Soul nodded, "Right." But before either of them could start towards the other doors, one of them suddenly opened.

Soul and Cross quickly stepped back into a defensive position, ready for any monsters that could be coming through. But then, their eyes widened as they saw two figures trot through the doorway. It was Sky and Dylan. Soul and Cross grinned as they called out to their comrades, "Hey, guys! We're over here!"

Dylan and Sky glanced over at the two of them, and they also waved back, grinning. Sky laughed, "Well, at least we know that you guys are safe. Where's everybody else?"

And right at that moment, another one of the doors opened up. All four of the players glanced over towards the opening to see Lexus, Neon, and Cloud join them in the room.

Lexus, upon seeing the other players, smiled enthusiastically, "Hey, guys. It looks like we've found everybody."

Sky shook his head as he looked around at everyone who was present, "Not everybody. We still don't know where Shadow and Violet are."

But then, the two doors that were open suddenly slammed shut, loudly. Cross's eyes widened as he remembered the predicament they were in, "Guys, we need to get out of here. This is the boss room!"

Everyone else, besides Soul, looked at Cross with astonished looks, "WHAT?!"

Sky glanced back towards the door that he and Dylan had come through, "Dang it, I knew there was something familiar about that door. We need to get out and find Shadow and Violet." Immediately, he began to try and pull open the door open with magic, but to no avail.

Soul groaned as watched Sky try to open the door, "It won't open. It locks itself behind you when you come in here."

Cross sighed, "Sorry, we would have warned you guys, but we didn't think to when we saw you."

Lexus frowned, "So that means that we've come through three doors, and none of them will open for us. But..." He glanced towards the remaining door that hadn't been opened, yet, "...What about that door?"

Neon shrugged, "It's worth a shot." She took a step towards the door, but then recoiled slightly as the door suddenly began to open.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shadowflame and Violet Runner

Violet and I ran through the corridor of the maze, panting hard as we were pursued by three giant, flaming, airbourne skulls. I huffed as I galloped, "Man, don't these things ever stop?"

Violet was galloping as hard as I was, "I don't know. But we're going to either have to shake them off our tails or turn around and fight." Suddenly, we turned a corner, and a gigantic, wooden door came into view. Violet's eyes widened slightly at the sight of the door, "Shadow. That door."

I nodded, "Right." I flared my magic slightly, giving me a bit of a boost in my run. I raced ahead of Violet until I reached the door. I quickly pressed my body and my magic against the door, opening just in time for Violet to race inside the opening. Once Violet was through, I quickly leaped inside the doorway, slamming the door shut with my magic. At that moment, the three flaming skulls behind us barreled into the door, landing with three large THUMPS against the woodwork.

I breathed a small sigh of relief, but then I heard something behind me, "Shadow! Violet! You're here!"

I quickly turned and stared with wide eyes at what I saw. I found myself looking at rest of our group. Lexus, Neon, and Cloud stood together on one end of the circular room. Sky and Dylan stood on the opposite side of the room from them. And Cross and Soul stood on the opposite side of the room from me and Violet. We had all found each other.

I grinned, "Is everybody all right?"

Sky nodded, hesitantly, "We're all right. But we need to find a way out of here, now."

Violet raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"Because, this is the next boss room." Soul groaned, "But we can't go back through the doors because they lock themselves behind anybody who enters."

There was a brief moment of silence before Violet and I quickly glanced at each other with a look of horror, "Uh, oh."

Suddenly, the entire room began to shake violently. I struggled to find my balance as the ground shook beneath me. But then, I noticed that giant, thorned vines suddenly shot up out of the ground, covering all of the doors around the room.

But then, the quaking stopped for a brief moment, and all of us were able to regain our balance. But in that small moment of time, the pool of murky water in the center of the room seemed to explode as something suddenly shot up out of it.

Everyone stared at what they saw. It stood over thirty feet tall, covered in gigantic, orange scales. The boss might have been tall, but everything below its neck was still in the water. Bright red scales lined the outside edges of each face of the monsters four heads. Above the boss' heads, a large health bar filled with green as the boss battle began. I drew my sword and shield as did everybody else in the room. It was clear that the only way out of here was to defeat the boss. That meant we had to fight a hydra.

I called out to my team mates, "Watch each other's backs! Each of those heads has a mind of its own. But whatever you do, don't cut off its heads!"

Suddenly, the hydra released a deafening roar. Then, out of the ground, hundreds of thorns sprung up from the ground, bound together in giant walls of plants. The walls grew up out of the ground and into the ceiling high above us, once again, seperating me and Violet from everybody else. I looked forward to see that the only open spot that the thorns hadn't covered was the pool where the hydra stood. Past the multiple necks of the hydra, I could see three other openings where the rest of my team mates were.

I cringed as I glanced towards Violet, "The vines seperated all of our groups again. It looks like we're on our own for this one."

Each of the hydra heads then descended into each of the four openings in the thorns, one per team. Violet and I readied ourselves as our hydra head raced down towards us.

I muttered to myself, "Let's do this."

Suddenly, Violet and jumped to either side of the hydra head as it came crashing down bewteen us, biting a large oprtion of the ground. It quickly jerked its head back, a large boulder held in its mouth, and without warning, the boss whipped its head and sent the rock flying towards me.

I quickly dove out of the way and countered by shooting a large tongue of fire at the hydra's head. But to my surprise, the flames merely deflected off of the hydra's scales harmlessly. Not even fazed, the hydra reared back and took another shot at us, this time aiming specifically for Violet Runner. Violet had hardly any chance to get out of the way, due to the blinding speed of the head.

Instead, Violet raised his hammer in a defensive position and braced for the blow. Immediately, the hydra slammed into Violet's hammer, forcefully pushing Violet back. Violet cringed as his health meter dropped a little bit. However, the unicorn managed to keep his footing and held the hydra in place.

In that opportunity, I quickly galloped underneath the neck of the hydra and stabbed the monster's soft under belly. The hydra roared in fury as it suddenly withdrew its head from Violet. I quickly rejoined Violet, my sword still pointed towards the hydra, "Hey, you okay?"

Violet nodded, "Yeah, but I'm not doing that again unless I have to."

Suddenly, the hydra struck at us again. We both leaped out of the way just in time to have the hydra crash down into the ground again.

I cringed as I studied the hydra head for a weak spot. The underbelly had been a good target, but if I hacked at that area too much, I could risk chopping the hydra's head off. I really didn't want to have to deal with two hydra heads, let alone one. But then, I noticed another possible weak spot: The hydra's eyes.

I glanced towards Violet just as he avoided another blow from the hydra, "Violet. I've got an idea."

"Yeah?"

"Can you knock away the hyrda if it comes close?"

Violet nodded, "Yeah, I think I can do that, but I don't think that'll do very much."

I nodded, "I know. I just need a little distraction for this to work."

Violet nodded, "Right. Just get ready, because here it comes again."

Immediately, the hydra lunged at Violet, but the unicorn quickly side stepped it. And with a giant swing of his hammer, Violet hit the hydra's head towards my direction. With the hydra slightly dazed, it gave me the opportunity that I needed. I ran forward with my sword pulled back.

As I reached the hydra's head, I shouted, "Blaze!" My sword erupted with fire as I then stabbed it through left eye of the hydra.

The monster roared in fury as it was blinded by the burning tip of my sword it reeled its head back in agony.

But then, Violet inhaled sharply, "Shadow, I think its time that we ended this hydra head. I need you to shoot a stream of fire at me when I tell you to."

I glanced at him, wide eyed, "What?!"

Violet looked back toards the hydra, "Trust me."

I didn't know what Violet was planning, but after all that time in the maze he still hadn't let me down. I nodded, "All right."

"Get ready."

Instantly, I drew in my magic as I prepared to use it. But I also saw Violet charging his magic as well. Small bolts of lightning began to leap from his horn a circle around him. The air crackled with electricity and Violet's mane stood up in multiple places. Soon, a solid sphere of lightning had surrounded the unicorn, but the hydra had also gotten over the pain in its eye.

Suddenly, the hydra reared its head back, preparing to strike again. But then, Violet shouted out to me, "NOW!"

I fired my stream of fire towards Violet, half expecting it to hit the unicorn. But instead, my stream of fire began to swirl around Violet, much like his electricity. I continued to feed Violet's sphere of energy with fire until it completely covered him.

Suddenly, the lightning and fire withdrew from Violet, condensing at the tip of his horn. The hydra lashed forward at both of us, but Violet was ready. As the hydra rushed at us, Violet shot a beam of energy out of his horn, a combination of fire and lightning.

The fire lightning crackled through the air until it met its mark in the hydra's other eye. The hydra roared in pain as the magic both burned and electrocuted its remaining eye. Both of breathing hard from using so much magic, Violet and I watched as the hydra head flailed about blindly, slamming itself against the walls of thorns around it. But then, the head backed away from us and dove back under the water, and it didn't come out again.

I breathed a sigh of relief, "Whew, that was close." I glanced towards Violet, "How did you know that would work?"

Violet chuckled as he caught his breath, "I didn't."

I smirked at him, "Hey, I'm the only one around here who's supposed to take risks."

Violet laughed, "You don't have to be the Element of Courage to do dangerous things."

I rolled my eyes, "Well, I hope your happy that you could have killed yourself there."

Violet grinned, "Element of Spirit, remember?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lexus, Neon Fire, and Cloud Burst

Cloud, Lexus, and Neon glanced around warily at the hydra head coming towards them and the walls of thorns that had suddenly appeared.

Cloud growled to himself, "Great, it looks like we'll have to deal with this on our own." He quickly pulled out a bomb from his inventory and chucked it towards the oncoming hydra. But to everyone's surprise, the bomb simply bounced off of the hydra's scales and fell onto the ground below, not even detonating when it landed.

Neon gave a small frown, "Um, Cloud? I think that one was a dud."

Cloud nodded, "Maybe. Hold on a second." He quickly pulled out another bomb and threw it as well. However, it had the same result as the last bomb, and it fell to the ground harmlessly.

Cloud groaned, "What the heck?"

Suddenly, Lexus figured it out, "Cloud, I don't think your bombs will work in here. I'm sorry, but it looks like you'll have to sit out on this fight."

Cloud started to object, but the hydra, who had become annoyed by the harmless projectiles that had been thrown at it, lashed out at the players before him. Everyone managed to avoid the blow, only to be flung back slightly from the force of the hydra striking the ground.

Lexus glanced towards Cloud, leveling his spear towards the hydra, "Cloud, get back! Without your bombs, you're defenseless."

Cloud grumbled under his breath, "Fine. I'll see if can check on the others." With that, Cloud flapped his wings and took off towards the ceiling, high above the hydra.

Unfortunately, the hydra head attacking Lexus and Neon had noticed Cloud, and the monster turned to attack the dragon. But, the hydra was unable to, because at that moment, Neon lashed out at the hydra with a whip of neon green fire. The fire whipped against the hydra's vision, making the monster recoil.

Enraged, the hydra turned its focus back towards Neon and Lexus, only to find a dark gray pegasus flying at top speed towards it. Lexus struck at the hydra's head with the point of his spear, jabbing wounds all along the monster's scales. The hydra, enraged, snapped at Lexus with its massive jaws, narrowly missing the annoying pegasus.

From the ground, Neon had begun to charge her magic, preparing to attack the hydra with the full force of her power. But above her, the hydra was still occupied with Lexus. The hydra would constantly try to land a blow on the pegasus, but so far, Lexus had been able to avoid all of the attacks the hydra threw. That is, until the hydra managed to nip his wing with its teeth.

Lexus gave out a small yelp as a few of his feathers were torn off of his wing. With the pulling on his wing, it threw Lexus' flight pattern off balance, and he careened right into another blow from the hydra. The blow sent Lexus spinning off through the air, back towards the far wall.

In mid air, still spinning from the hydra's strike, Lexus spotted the monster coming in again for another attack, jaw wide open in an effort to crush the pegasus in its teeth. With a moment of hesitation, Lexus quickly jabbed the point of his spear up into the roof of the hydra's mouth. They hydra roared in anger, but Lexus then took the opportunity to force the rest of his spear into the monster's mouth, propping the jaw wide open.

The hydra tried desperately to get the spear out of its mouth, tossing its head this way and that. Lexus quickly flew out of range of the hydra's thrashing. Below him, he heard Neon call out,

"Lexus, get clear!"

Lexus looked down at the unicorn to see her horn completely alight with green fire. Nodding, Lexus quickly lighted down behind Neon while the unicorn focused her aim on the flailing hydra. Only a small moment passed before Neon released her spell, firing a ginormous ball of neon green fire at the hydra. Whether it was luck or skill, the fireball arched through the air and landed inside the mouth of the hydra, which was propped open by Lexus' spear.

The fireball exploded in the hydra's mouth with the force of a bundle of TNT. The shock wave from the explosion ripped Lexus' spear out of the hydra's mouth, sending it through the air and landing on the ground before its owner. Lexus quickly retrieved his spear, and both he and Neon watched as the Hydra flailed in agony as the inside of its mouth and throat were burned to a crisp. After only a moment or two, the hydra head suddenly submerged itself back underwater, never coming back up again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Crossheart and Soul_Cards

"Cross, on your left!" Soul shouted as the hydra began to strike towards his comrade.

Cross quickly heeded the warning at jumped to his right, quickly countering the hydra's attack with a backswing of his hammer. The blow from Cross' hammer barely made the hydra flinch, and the monster reared back in preparation to strike again. This time, Soul ran in front of Cross, swords held at the ready. The hydra struck the ground where Soul had been before, had he not jumped out of the way. With the hydra's head within reach, Soul quickly stabbed one of his swords into the hydra's eye.

The hydra roared in pain and quickly swung its head to the side, smacking Soul back against the back wall. Soul cringed as several sharp thorns dug into his back. In his vision, Soul's health bar decreased by half.

Soul cringed, "Dang it. I should have seen that coming." But then, he noticed something. His sword was still embedded in the hydra's eye, and now he only held one sword. Soul quickly picked himself back up to see Cross hold off the hydra head by himself.

Cross quickly dogded another one of the hydra's strikes, but then he noticed that Soul's sword was still in the hydra's eye, and an idea came to his mind. Cross readied his hammer as the hydra lunged towards him again. Like last time, Cross jumped out of the way. But then, the unicorn jumped back at the hydra, just as quickly, and swung full force with his hammer, striking the butt of Soul's sword in the hydra's eye.

The extra force of Cross' hammer drove Soul's sword all the way through the hydra's eye. The monster shrieked in pain as the sword plunged through its skull, the tip of the sword just barely jutting out of the other side of the hydra's head. The hydra flailed about helplessly until it submerged itself back under water, just like the two other heads before it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Darkened5ky and Dyl0nkour

Sky and Dylan were panting hard as they continued to dodge the never ending attacks from the hydra.

Dylan cringed, "Man, doesn't this thing ever let up?"

Sky grunted as he jumped out of the way of another blow, "No, it won't. This is a boss battle, after all."

But then, instead of directly striking at the two players like it had been doing, the hydra switched tactics and swung its neck sideways along the ground. This sudden sweep caught Sky off guard and he was thrown back against the wall of thorns to his side. However, Dylan was able to react fast enough and he used his staff to vault himself upwards.

In the air, Dylan avoided the sweep, but then he landed with all four hooves on top of the hydra's neck. The hydra, now aware of the earth pony on its neck, began to thrash about, in an effort to shake Dylan off of it. But Dylan managed to hang onto the hydra, using his staff and his hooves to cling to the hydra's spikes.

Dylan hung on for dear life, shouting to Sky below, "SKY! Do something!"

Sky nodded and quickly started for the exposed underbelly of the hydra, swords at the ready. The hydra, still preoccupied by the earth pony on top of it, didn't notice Sky run up to it. Sky, now positioned squarely in front of the hydra's neck, raised his sword in preparation to strike.

But then, Sky flared his magic, and eerie, black wisps of smoke suddenly began to exude from his swords, strengthening his power. With his added magic, Sky began to let loose with a barrage of sword slashes all along the hydra's neck. Bit by bit, Sky hacked away pieces of the hydra's neck, making sure not to cut too deep and sever the entire neck. Every part of the neck that Sky hacked away disappeared in bursts of blue code.

The hydra, now aware of the pain coming from its neck, withdrew its focus from Dylan and honed in on Sky. The hydra reared back to strike, but then Dylan drove the end of his staff into the hydra's eye. The hydra roared in pain from both its eye and its neck. But after a few more well placed strikes from both Sky and Dylan, the hydra's whole neck convulsed, flinging Dylan off of its head.

Dylan landed hard against the back wall, and Sky quickly ran to aid his brother. Meanwhile, the hydra thrashed about uncontrollably, until it too finally submerged itself under the murky water in the center of the room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shadowflame

I watched from where I stood as the final hydra head sank below the surface of the murky water. I felt a hint of satisfaction. We had beaten a boss by ourselves, which was no small feat.

I grinned at Violet, "It looks like we've won."

Violet smirked, "Yeah, it looks like it."

Suddenly, the walls of thorns around us withdrew and sank back into the ground. I noticed that even the thorns covering the doors had retracted back into the dirt. Soon, I could see the rest of our teams around the boss room. From what I could see, they had made it out okay as well. I glanced at everyone's health bars, and was relieved to see that nobody had dropped to the yellow zone.

But then, lightning suddenly struck through the interior of the room, and a familiar, evil laughter echoed between the walls. I cringed as readied my weapons, "Discord."

Instantly, lightning flashed and the draconequus appeared in front of us all, floating above the pool where the hydra had been. Discord laughed menacingly, "Hello, my little bronies. Long time, no see." The draconequus chuckled to himself.

Soul stepped forward, "All right, Discord. We beat your hydra. Now, where is the Element of Harmony?"

Discord rolled his eyes as he appeared behind soul, leaning an elbow on his rump, "Sorry, Soul Cards. But you still haven't defeated the hydra, yet. So, no element for you." He said as he poked a finger on Soul's nose, which Soul immediately tried to hack off with his sword. But Discord simply disappeared and reappeared in the center of the room.

I glared at Discord, "What do you mean?"

Discord smirked, "Well, you see, Shadow, I lured you all down into this maze for one reason: To destroy you. Without you and the other element bearers, then the rest of the players in this game would hardly stand a chance against what I have in store for them." Discord tisked at me, "But it was a shame that you didn't cut off any of the heads of my hydra. It turns out that I underestimated you. I was hoping for a longer battle. So, to make the fun last longer, I thought, 'Why don't I do that for you?'."

Discord snapped his fingers, and not a moment later, the hydra leaped out of the pool of water. But this time, we all stared in shock as we saw that the hydra now had eight heads, instead of four.

Discord laughed maniacally, "Have fun!" With a snap of his fingers, the draconequus disappeared. And immediately after Discord was gone, the hydra attacked.

None of us were prepared as the hydra lashed out at all of us, one head for each of us. I quickly brought up my sword and shield to brace myself from the impact of the hydra's strike, but I was knocked aside by the massive head. I flew through the air, landing hard against the thorn wall behind me.

I winced as I saw my health meter decrease even more, entering the yellow zone. I glanced back up towards the hydra head to see it coming in again for another strike. I quickly jumped out of the way, making the hydra smash face first into the thorn wall. The hydra howled in pain as dozens of razor sharp thorns dug into its scales.

But while my hydra head was distracted, I glanced around at everybody to see that they were in a similar position. I cringed as I saw that everyone's health bars had also reached the yellow zone, almost entering the red. It was apparent that we were going to have to end this soon, or else we would all die.

But then, I spotted Neon, battling her own hydra head, when suddenly, the hydra rammed her into the thorn wall. I gasped as I saw her health bar enter into the red zone, barely even a sixth of her health remaining. But before she could stand up again, the hydra head reared back its head for another strike, one that would finish Neon off.

"NEON! NO!" I quickly turned to see Lexus, flying as quick as an arrow, flew straight into the body of the hydra and slashed his spear through the monster's chest.

Suddenly, all eight of the hydra heads stopped their attacks as they all felt the same pain at once, and they all roared in synchronized pain. They all turned at once towards Lexus, who stood guarding in front of Neon. For a moment, there was only silence as we all watched the scene in awe.

Neon looked up at Lexus from the ground, "Lexus... You..."

Lexus glanced back at Neon, "Not everyone is going to survive this game... But I can make sure that you do, that all of us do. But sometimes, that requires you to sacrifice yourself." With that, Lexus spread his wings and took flight, right towards the eight heads of the hydra.

I shouted at the pegasus, "Lexus, what are you doing?! Don't!"

Lexus ignored my call as he flew right at the hydra. All at once, the eight heads of the hydra converged on the oncoming pegasus. But then, right as Lexus pointed his spear at the hydra, the closest head opened its jaw and clamped the pegasus in its mouth. I watched in horror as the hydra then swallowed Lexus.

Everyone watching gasped, "Lexus!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lexus

Lexus clutched his spear tightly as he was pushed down the throat of the hydra. In the corner of his vision, he could see his health bar rapidly deteriorating. He cringed, I'm not going to last long at this rate. I'm going to have to make work of this if I'm going to save the others.

Soon, Lexus fell into a free fall, and he immediately flapped his wings to stop himself. It was completely dark, but if his hunch was correct, then Lexus was in the stomach of the hydra.

Lexus took in a deep breath, which made him almost gag from the reeking smell of the hydra's belly, "Okay, let's do this."

Immediately, Lexus swung his spear around blindly, slashing everything in the range of his spear. His spear cut through the inside of the stomach, and out to the other intestines of the hydra. Inside the hydra, the monster let loose a deafening roar that made Lexus' ears ring. But he couldn't stop now if he was going to bring this hydra down to its last bit of health.

Suddenly, after a short time of slashing through the hydra's innards, Lexus began to see blue specks of code begin to cover the hydra's body, meaning that the monsters health bar had finally reached zero.

Lexus grinned to himself, "Time to go." Instantly, the pegasus propelled his wings and shot back out through the throat of the head that had swallowed him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shadowflame

Only a moment after the hydra had swallowed Lexus, I watched as all eight heads of the hydra began to flail and writhe about, roaring in utter pain and agony. We all had to step back against the thorn walls of the room to avoid getting crushed by the hydra's rampage.

I glanced towards Sky, "What is going on?"

Sky grimaced, "Lexus is attacking the hydra from the inside. Look." He pointed a hoof towards the hydra's health bar. I looked to see that the health bar was decreasing rapidly, more rapidly than when we had all fought it all at once.

But then, the hydra's health bar reached zero, and several blue bits of code began to coat the scales of the hydra. The blue code spread along the hydra's body until it was completely covered, and then finally, the hydra burst, ending the boss.

But just as the hydra disappeared in code, Lexus came flying out of the code, quickly lighting down on the ground before us.

I grinned, "Lexus!" I ran forward to meet him, as did everyone else, "That was both stupid and amazing. Where did you get the crazy idea to fly inside the hydra?"

Lexus smiled sheepishly as everyone gathered around him, "Yeah, I don't know how I came up with that."

But then, Neon stepped forward and gave Lexus a hug, "Looks like you've saved my life twice today. Thanks." But then, Neon's eyes went wide as she quickly retracted from Lexus, scrunching her nose, "Ew, what is that smell."

Lexus chuckled lightly, "Uh,.. Yeah, let's just say that the insides of a hydra don't have the most savory smell in the world."

I took a quick whif of Lexus, and then supressed my urge to gag, "Yeah. Lexus, I'm not letting you back into the team base until you get that smell off of you."

Lexus only laughed, but he was cut off as we all heard a large *Bling*. We all turned towards the center of the room to see a large bank of text appear in the air above the pool of water:

Congratulations! You have defeated The Hydra!

Suddenly, a bright light flashed across the screen, forming a white, shining star that began to descend towards us. Soon, the star stopped in the air, right in front of Lexus. Lexus held out a hoof and touched the small star, and the light dissipated, leaving behind a small golden necklace, with a clear, wing-shaped gem in its center, in the pegasus' hoof.

Lexus lightly tapped the necklace, revealing its object ID:

Element of Honesty (Inactive)
Object Type: Item

Suddenly, we all began to cheer. I grinned at Lexus, "Yes, I can't believe we did this! We just fought a boss single-handedly, and now you're the Element of Honesty!"

Cloud lighted down on Cross' back, "Come on, let's get out of here and show this to Jupiter."

Violet raised an eyebrow, "But what about Discord? I mean, every time we've gotten a new element, he's appeared to us, right?"

We all glanced around at the interior of the boss room, and surprisingly, there was no draconequus waiting for us.

Soul nodded, "Yeah, wouldn't Discord have shown up by now?"

We all waited for a few more moments, yet Discord still didn't appear.

Lexus shook his head, "Well, Discord did appear when he brought back the hydra. I don't know about you, but I say, 'Screw Discord.' Let's get out of here."

Cross chuckled, "Yeah, you can't really argue with the Element of Honesty here. Can you?"

I nodded, "Right, let's get out of here. Before Discord does show up and brings back a hydra with sixteen heads." And with that, we all walked out of the boss room in search of a way back to the surface.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Needless to say, after we had left the boss room, we found that all of the thorns and vines throughout the maze had shrivled up and died. I guess that the hydra was the cause of the vines to grow... Or something along those lines. But anyways, with the vines and thorns now gone, we were able to find an entrance back up to the surface.

And once we were outside, Lexus and Cloud were able to fly through the air and lead us out of the Labyrinth. When we reached the castle, several players were actually shocked to see us. They had all heard that we had gotten lost in the Labyrinth for over 24 hours, and most of them had assumed that we had all died. Well, we did give them all a nasty shock... But I guess we even surprised ourselves by defeating the hydra.

But the one who was the least surprised was Jupiter. Soon, we all stood in Jupiter's office, which was located in one of the high towers of the castle. We all stood in line with each other, with my team to my right and Team Calvary to my left.

Jupiter scanned his eyes among us as he sat behind his desk. He let out a small grin after we had told him about our adventure in the maze, and he addressed us all, "I knew you all could handle this."

But then, his grin was replaced by a look of sorrow, "Although, I must apologize first for putting you in that danger. I had no idea that I was leading you all into one of Discord's traps, let alone into a boss battle." His grin suddenly returned, "But, you have impressed me immensely, and I'm sure that you've impressed Discord even more. From what you've told me, Discord didn't expect you all to fight so well together outside of your teams."

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

"Well, when all of you dropped down into the underground maze, did you notice that all of your usual team mates were split up and placed with someone from Team Calvary?" I nodded, and Jupiter continued, "I believe that Discord did this so that you were weakened, and thus it would have been easier to destroy you with the hydra."

Jupiter chuckled, "But you actually managed to show Discord otherwise by working together with a different team mate, and defeating every obstacle that he put in front of you. And what's more, you managed to retrieve yet another element. And that brings me to my next point. I have a proposition for you all."

Sky cocked an eyebrow, "What is it?"

Jupiter cleared his throat, "You see, you all have proven yourselves to be excellent fighters, time and time again. And the fact that both of your teams have retrieved two elements each brings me to my point." The earth pony paused for a moment, "I would like to start an elite guild, to search for the elements and to be our main battalion in future boss battles. And to begin this guild, I would like your teams to join the Elite Guild."

I raised my eyebrows, a bit astounded, "Wow, really? Are you sure?"

Jupiter nodded, "Yes, I am sure. As leader of the Elite Guild, I will send you to different areas in Equestria when your assistance is required. Other than that, you all will still be able to function in your own teams and train like you normally would. I'm sure this new guild will bring together the toughest fighters in this game and it will greatly increase our rate of progress in obtaining the elements and eventually, defeating Discord."

Jupiter looked at all of us again, "So, what will it be? Will you join this guild, or will you continue to search for the elements like before?"

I glanced back at my team, receiving several accepting looks. I glanced back towards Violet, who simply nodded to me. I nodded back, and I turned back to Jupiter, "Yes, we'll join the Elite Guild."

Jupiter nodded, satisfied, "Good, but I do hope you realize that now you will be working with Team Calvary more often."

I nodded, "Yeah, it should be a good thing. I mean, you can't actually use the elements unless you're friends with each other, right?"

Jupiter nodded, "I suppose so."

Violet piped in, "Wait, since we defeated the hydra, does that mean we're off of our punishment for disobeying orders?"

Jupiter grinned, "I don't know. Last I heard, Lexus was the one who gave the killing blow. So, you're not completely off the hook, yet. I still might call you for a favor or two."

Soul rolled his eyes, "Whatever. Just don't go asking us to pull weeds out in the Labyrinth again."

We all began to laugh out loud with each other.

Violet turned towards me, "So, are you still jealous of my team and I?"

I shook my head, "Naw, I'm pretty sure that we're equal now."

Violet nodded, "Well, all I can say is that I'm looking forward to working with your team more."

I grinned, "Same here. It's give it our all."

PreviousChapters Next