• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 1,326 Views, 50 Comments

Ponyville's Annual Superbowl Party - Garbo



Half of Ponyville gathers at the town library to watch the classic football championship.

  • ...
6
 50
 1,326

A Short Introduction (optional)

Hoofball: The ancient sport of the earth ponies. Evolved from its earliest forms that dated back to the Pre-Equestrian Earth Pony clan, the sport has become more than just a bunch of muddy stallions running around in the fields. A few rules, safety pads, and forward passing shaped the sport into what it is now. As centuries passed, the sport spread to the other races as well, and nowadays, a good portion of the EHL is made up of Pegasi – mostly in Wide Receiver and Quarterback positions – of course, with wings bound. There is even the occasional unicorn in the league, although unicorns usually fill coaching roles rather than playing in the game itself.

But what else did this modernization of hoofball bring, other than a few rules changes? Bits, of course. After the implementation of the magic-powered television, the sport could be broadcasted to homes all across Equestria. The most viewed of these games – of course – was the championship match between the two best teams of the year. Over the years, the splendor of this game, the Superbowl as it came to be known – grew. Halftime shows by the popular music artists and commercials ponies actually wanted to watch. It became not only a game, but an event.

And how do ponies celebrate major events in Equestria? Parties! Lots and lots of parties. The Superbowl has never been an exception, and the Superbowl party became just as important as the game itself. It was a place for food, conversation, friends, rivalries, and most importantly, hard cider. In the small town of Ponyville, those things are in ready supply. Food from Sugarcube corner, cider from Sweet Apple Acres, friends from all over, and their conversations filled those traits. And of course, Equestria’s greatest partyer – Pinkie Pie - was the host. The party has been hosted in many locations over the years, but this year, it was taking place at the town library, and already, things were starting to take off ...


Table of Contents:
1st Half:
--
2nd Half:
- So Close by TimeTravlnDEMON
Postgame:
- For The Love of the Game by Pick-Six

Author's Note:

If you liked one of the stories on here, follow them, not me, or if you want to comment on one story specifically, go to their user page or PM them; I'm sure they'd love to talk to you. They all wrote their entries, I just came up with the idea, so give them the credit, not me. Only follow me if you like the one I post (when I post it).