• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 1,159 Views, 94 Comments

A rich man with a new life - applejack2357



Robert Johansen goes to Equestria and gets more than he bargained for.

  • ...
42
 94
 1,159

To Equestria we go

“I hate the cold weather.”

I walked into the castle dour, the red carpet nice and soft on my hooves. I looked around at the paneled windows that were stained with the adventure of the six ponies that had saved Equestria many times before.

Nightmare Moon…

Discord…

Sombra…

I walked up to the princess that sat on her throne. I stopped before her, and bowed a deep bow.

“It is now time to make a choice,” the princess said, reading a scroll that stayed lazily in front of her face, “You can stay, or you can go back.”

***

It all started a while ago, in my home in New York. I wasn’t always a pony; as a matter of fact, I used to be human. I used to be quite rich, too. I owned a company called BLI, or Bionic Legs, Incorporated. I was considered a nice person. A lot of people loved talking with me. However, I always felt lonely, like something inside me was missing. I wasn’t very outspoken, like most people in my position would be.

When I was younger, I was put up for adoption. If I can remember correctly, I was there for about three years before I was finally adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Johansen. That’s the last name I stuck with. My first name is Robert. Everyone calls me RJ, though, even my foster parents. They were a very kind family. They always treated me right. Even spoiled me a little.

When I was 18, I went looking for my biological parents. After months of searching, I found my father in Alcona County Jail in Michigan, and my mother in Augusta Cemetery in Texas. My father was on death row for killing my mother. His time came a week before.

Staying with my foster parents until I was twenty, I finally got my own place. It was a small one-room apartment with everything a normal house had in sight. The job I had really didn’t pay well, so that was all I could afford. However, I started getting really in to robotics during this time, and I started working on human robotic parts.

Eventually, after four years of working at this dead-end job, all hell broke loose in the third world war. During this ten year war, everyone started using a new compound chemical only known as C350. This chemical literally ate your flesh and bone until there was nothing left. Millions of people cut off their own limbs to stop this chemical from killing them. I was one of the very few people who did not come in contact with this chemical, but out of this, I made a profit out of selling my bionic arms and legs to those who did. After the war, I started becoming really famous, BLI was born, and I employed a quarter of a million people, most of which had these bionic limbs themselves. For about ten years, I led this company with an iron fist, but a heart of gold. Towards the end of the ninth year, I began watching a television show adorned by many, called My Little Pony. The show really started having an impact on my life, for the ponies in that show, though not real (or at least, so I thought), really taught me to strive to be better everyday.

Anyways, one day while I was listening to some music with my two hundred dollar headphones, I decided I was going to go out to eat. After grabbing my car keys, I was about to walk out the door, when suddenly, I felt paralyzed. I began falling over. Unable to stop myself, I hit my face on the floor. After that, I couldn’t remember anything. At least, until I found myself lying in a field of grass.

The cold grass tickled my nose a I awoke in a field. Looking around, all I saw was grass, until I had completely turned around. I saw a big red barn with white stripes, with a large grey roof. I had no idea where I was, not even the slightest clue. I reached for my arm to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming. However, I was unable to, considering I was hoofed instead. I started having panic-induced breathing, but with three words, spoken by someone behind me, that all changed.

“Hey, you there!”

I turned around, and gasped. Walking towards me was another pony. This pony was orange coated with glistening blonde mane and tail, and a light brown cowboy hat on top that came off her head slightly with each galloping step she took towards me. I immediately recognized her as Applejack. That’s when it hit me: That was Applejack, I was at Sweet Apple Acres, and I was in Equestria. With all these thoughts rushing through my mind, I started becoming light-headed, barely managing to stay up.

She got close and I could tell by the look in her eyes that she was examining me. After about a minute of silence, she spoke.

“Why are you here on my farm?” she said, squinting slightly. I was speechless; standing in front of me was Applejack, element of honesty, and I didn’t know what to say.

“I said, why are you on my farm?” she said impatiently. I have to say something to her, I thought, but don’t screw it up.

“I’m sorry, I don’t know how I got here,” I said slowly, “I just woke up in your field. Forgive me, Applejack.”

“Well, that’s quite alri- wait a second. How did you know my name?” she said.

Dammit, I thought, I screwed it up anyways! Now I was stuck. Nothing else I could do. She was going to find out everything about me, where I’m from, all of it.

“Well?”

I squinted slightly, then took a deep breath.

“Hi, Applejack! Who’s that? Can I meet him? Huh, huh, huh?”

Saved by Pinkie Pie, I thought as I looked over to her. She stopped a couple meters from us with a large smile. Her curled magenta mane and tail really reminds me of cotton candy, and her pink cat reminds me of taffy. Good thing she’s the candy girl. Her blues eyes were locked on Applejack’s green eyes, and Applejack’s were locked upon me.

“What’s your name there, stranger?” Applejack said, looking at me.

“Um, RJ.” I said.

“Arjay, huh?” she said. She began smiling deviously, then I knew what she was up to.

“Of course you can meet him, Pinkie.” She said. Pinkie began bouncing towards me, and I knew I was in trouble. Applejack was going to use Pinkie Pie as a weapon against me to make me talk like an open book. Bitch, I thought. I wasn’t strong enough to handle her. It’s over.

I won’t give in, I won’t give in, I thought as Pinkie got closer.

Author's Note:

Just so everyone knows, Applejack is my favorite. It's just for the story!