• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 2,389 Views, 27 Comments

Find Your Heart - Spirit Chaser



Rainbow Dash has always acted on instinct and it's always helped with her stunts but what happens when she uses it for something else, something that she may not be willing to consider, something that she finds terrifying: love?.

  • ...
8
 27
 2,389

Chapter Two: The Library

"Stupid Rarity!" Rainbow Dash shouted to the wind as she ascended into the sky.

"Just who does she think she is?! Lecturing me about all this stupid lovey-dovey blah!"

In a burst of anger, Rainbow rose straight into the air to escape the residue of Rarity's nonsense in her head. All Rainbow asked was if Rarity needed help and in exchange she got lectured on her love life? What kind of deal was that? Rainbow continued to fly straight into the air. At this point she could fly straight into Celestia's sun, but she didn't care, anything to get rid of the words in her head. Perhaps she may like Pinkie Pie more than her other friends but that seemed like more of a sister-like relationship if anything. Why had Rarity misinterpreted that and forced into her head?

Rainbow's speed was rising fast, really fast. The wind around her threatened to steal away her sight and hearing but she ignored the threats, she was going to go as far as possible. Rainbow's speed seemed to be rising impossibly fast at this point, she may be able to pull off a completely vertical sonic rainboom at this point. The wind was threatened her wings now. Her speed was beginning to decrease. No! She was so close to breaking her limit! The wind was serious at this point, it wasn't going to let her get away with this. The hard wing seemed to form a shell around her, effectively shutting off her oxygen and forcing her wings to... retract.

"No!" Rainbow forced the word out of her previously locked off throat.

The wind now seemed to form a giant palm to push her towards the ground. How could she be so stupid? She attempted to unroll her wings and save her life but it was no use, something was forcing her to free fall smack into Ponyville. A hundred thoughts were floating around her head at this moment. Why did she doom herself like that? Why hadn't she realized that no pegasus could fly that high? Why was she so stupid? Even the question that had forced her into this situation had brought itself to the surface of her brain: what did she really think about her relationship with Pinkie Pie?

Suddenly it felt like she stopped falling, leaped out of her body, and started falling again. The question was just that painful. She couldn't bring herself to answer that so suddenly so she brought her mind back to the present. Now, how was she going to get out of this situation? She could begin to see Ponyville below her and that. Wasn't. Good. Rainbow focused on the most important part: her wings seemed to be malfunctioning. It seemed to be at the point where she couldn't even feel her wings. Weird.

"Oh it's hopeless, I'm doomed," Rainbow sadly thought out loud.

Rainbow closed her eyes and prepared for the inevitable to happen when suddenly she was enveloped in a bright magenta glow.

"Huh?" Rainbow opened her eyes and looked down at her soon to be crash site.

The Library. Figures. The glow attempted to stop her fall, but apparently failed as not even a second later, she crashed into the giant tree that belonged to her friend. The crash was incredibly painful, splintered wood went everywhere as she fell through it. About ten explosive crashes later she finally fell onto solid flooring.

"Ahhh! Oh, hello Rainbow Dash, are you okay?" asked Twilight Sparkle who was luckily away from the final crash site.

Rainbow forced her eyes open long enough to see her purple colored friend.

"Hay Twiliiiiil-" Was all Rainbow managed before she became unconscious.


"Rainbow! Rainbow! Rainbow Dash! Oh you're finally awake. Twilight, she's awake!" Spike the baby dragon yelled upstairs.

"Oh thank goodness! I'll be right there!" Twilight responded from above.

"Spike? What happened?" Rainbow asked slowly as she sat up on the bed she awoke on.

"You tell us Rainbow, you're the one that crashed into our house," Spike said as he swept up the debris from the crash.

"How long was I out?"

"All day Rainbow, longest day of our lives. Well, relatively speaking," Twilight announced as she trotted downstairs.

"All day?! How hard did I- did you say 'our' lives?" Rainbow questioned.

"Yes, everyone in Ponyville saw that crash and all the girls came over to see if you were ok. Heck, Pinkie practically teleported over," Twilight answered.

Rainbow let out a very audible gasp. Pinkie Pie had seen her like this?

"What's wrong Rainbow, are your injuries acting up?"

"No, no, it's... nothing," Rainbow replied as she reached up to touch her forehead only to find bandages.

"Are you sure it's nothing because I was talking to Rarity aaand-"

"What did she tell you?" Rainbow asked suspiciously.

"To save time, everything," Twilight answered with a stern look on her face.

"Listen Twilight, I don't really want to talk about it right now."

"Yeah? Well you're going to talk, or at least you're going to tell why you crash-landed into my house," Twilight demanded.

"Geez Twi, when did you become so assertive?" asked a slightly impressed Rainbow Dash.

"Thanks for noticing, hehe, but to honest, it's more Applejack asking," replied Twilight as she blushed.

"Aw buck! Applejack knows too? What about Fluttershy?"

"She didn't stay that long, had injured animals to take care, the usual. I don't think she knows, but you can tell her yourself tomorrow."

"What?"

"Well, everyone else knows and who better to tell her? Plus, maybe she can help you sort out your feelings."

"Hold on, who said I even have feelings to figure out?"

"The hole in the roof," Spike mumbled from across the room.

"Spike! Well actually, you never did explain that one," Twilight wondered aloud.

"Fine! I flew a little too high, okay?!" Rainbow practically shouted.

"Ohhh, that explains...well everything," Twilight concluded.

"Even if I do have some mushy stuff locked up, I can figure it out on my own!" Rainbow huffed.

"I think that crash messed up your brain because last time you tried to handle something by yourself, we all fell out of Cloudsdale before we even landed," Twilight chuckled.

"Hey! That's not fair, it was all Lightning...Dust's...fault." Rainbow slowed her speech as she uttered the last few words.

"What?"

"Remember when PInkie hugged me like the world was ending? That must be when these stupid thoughts started emerging and Rarity just brought them to the surface! Yes! I knew I could figure this out on my own," she shouted triumphantly as she flew into the open air and immediately landed in Spike's dust pile.

"Aww c'mon!" Spike coughed.

"Hehe, sorry Spike."

"First off Rainbow, I was the one who mentioned that incident in the first place so you still needed help. Second, you still can't fly for a while so lie back down before you prove your nickname of 'Rainbow Crash' to be correct. Third, you may know when the feelings started but you still don't know what to do with them," Twilight said.

Rainbow opened her mouth to reply, but once again, she was proven to be beaten at her own game.

"Why don't you spend the night here and please talk with Fluttershy tomorrow," Twilight suggested.

"Ugh! Fine! By the way, how'd you slow down my little fall if you didn't I was falling in the first place?" Rainbow asked as she trotted back to bed.

"Magic barrier. It slows fast objects in case of attack."

"Why not just a solid force field?"

"Hey, if it was solid, you'd be Rainbow Soup."

For the third time, Rainbow Dash had no response.

Author's Note:

How messed up is Rainbow's head? Hard strong are these formerly secret feelings? Why didn't Rainbow's wings work? (Hint, it wasn't the wind.) When shall these questions be answered? Stay tuned!