• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 572 Views, 6 Comments

My life in Equestria - REDEMPTION 521



I get teleported to Equestria for unknown reasons, finish off an old project and nearly get killed several times...

  • ...
20
 6
 572

........Memories.......

As she said that name, my vision became blurry as my eyes started to pour with mist, before I knew it, I was in a dream, I was standing next to two ponies, one was the white alicorn, the other was another that was a dark blue and had a light blue mane and tail, as my head moved on it's own I could hear echoed voices of the ponies next to me.

"It's not fair!"

"Luna, everypony enjoys your night sky, they may sleep through it, but it comforts them in the night."

As my head stayed still, I could still hear the voices "Your lying!" as the blue alicorn stormed off, as I looked at the white one, my host said in the echoed tone "Well that went well didn't it?" she looked at me and sighed "She seems jealous, that she thinks ponies don't like her night." as I moved forward, I looked at her and said "You think? One day sis, Luna's going to make her night how she wants it, you can count on that, and fairly enough, I'm at her side when that happens."

As my vision blurred again, I was in another dream, this time I was sitting next to Luna.

"It's not fair."

As I looked at her I said "I know sis, not everything is perfect or fair, even I'm not perfect and I'm apparently 'pure' " she looked back at me and said "Well of course you are, you may not raise the sun or make the 'night sky', but you can do things ponies wish they could do." as I looked at the ground I responded "Sure, my mane and tail drip blood when they're wet, my eyes glow and make a blood-red mist, I can see in the dark, I'm really good with magic and I have these." as I opened my mouth slightly, I could feel a small sharpness, but I couldn't pin it down. "But none of them come even close to your night sky!"

she looked at me and sighed "Sure, but your much cooler than I am..." she looked at the floor with a sad expression.

I hugged her and said "Hey, your night-sky is beautiful sis, don't let anypony tell you different" she looked up at me and smiled "You really mean that?"

"Of course I do!"

she hugged me back and the vision then skipped, I saw a pony who was wearing blue helmet and chestplate confronting Celestia.

"Our night shall last forever!"

the vision skipped again and I saw the pony being banished to the moon, my vision returned to normal, and I looked at Celestia "Dark Star?"

she looked at me and nodded "Yes, Dark Star is your name, and you are......mine and Luna's brother." I cocked my head and said "Wha-How? I don't remember anything from this place." as she looked at me and sighed "Then it's as I feared, when we...banished...Luna you were very aggressive towards me when I told you, you went missing shortly after and I sent out detachments of guards to look for you, but you were nowhere to be found." I brought a hoof up to my chin and thought to myself "Is there anyway, for me to remember anything of this place?"

"Yes, but it will be very painful, it requires a spell only me and Luna can do, as your magic is 'Black'."

"Black?" I cocked my head again and looked dumbfounded at Celestia "Yes, your magic is very strong, so much to the extent that it's always in the form of black magic, meaning it's very powerful, and you can cast highly complex spells with ease."

I looked at the ground for a second then back to Celestia and said "Alright, let's do this." she looked at me seriously and replied "Are you sure your ready?" I nodded and her horn set alight, as she put it close to touching mine I felt an Immense pain shoot through my mind as I fell into an abyss.


I opened my eyes to find I was in some kind of dimensional block, I looked around and could only see miles of darkness and red stars, as I looked forward I saw an image float up in front of me, similar to the ones I had seen a few nights ago, except this one showed me reading a book, that was written in some kind of rune script, I then cast a spell that created a floating light, that was the same color as my magic, blood-red, the light then slowly vanished and it's glow faded, the image then disappeared and another replaced it, this time with a different focus, I was only a small alicorn, about the size of a small colt, I was walking in the rain with Celestia, and my mane and tail were dripping blood, Celestia and I then stopped as she looked at me, I started to walk in a circle and then in a triangle shape, then I span round and started drawing small runes in the circle out of my blood, once I finished I looked back up at Celestia as she smiled back at me, my eyes started to glow and mist was coming from them as Celestia took me back inside.


After a few more images, I came to one which caught my eye, I was stood in front of a suit of armor, identical to mine, my horn lit up, and it burst into bright orange flames, when I looked at where the armor used to be, there was just ash and molten metal, I looked at the ground to see I was stood in a puddle, I could see my reflection, my eyes were a bright sparkling orange, my coat had changed to a pure-white shade, and my mane and tail were bright flames, crackling and dripping lava, sizzling as it hit the water, after about a minute I looked behind me to see Celestia smiling, my coat changed back to it's original black, and my mane was it's normal blood-red, along with my eyes and the mist coming from them, I then hugged Celestia tightly, to which she replied "Well done brother, your learning to control fire rather well."

"Thanks sis! I try my best, but I want to do better!"

She chuckled and called me over, as I followed, the image began to fade away and was replaced with various others, as they zipped about I felt intrigued about them, somehow they felt familiar to me, as I saw my various stages in growing up, I realized, I wasn't even half the size of Celestia, only the size of Twilight, which then made me ponder back to the event of making the spell, when she turned to a fire element just like I did.

The next image I saw, was of me in some-sort of school, I was being bullied as I was crouched in a corner with others yelling at me "Dark Star's a freak!, Dark Star's a freak!" as I looked at them I could feel tears running down my cheeks, I then yelled "Shut up!" at them, to no avail, I felt my horn light up as I was ensnared in bright orange flames, my form had changed to fire like I had seen previously, and my mane and tail were dripping lava, as I walked up to them, they all shrieked in terror as I bared my fangs at them, and shouted "Get lost!" at the top of my voice causing it to echo nearly the whole length of the school, as they all ran off, I sank back down as my form changed back and said in a hushed tone "I'm not a freak, I'm just different....."

As I saw one final image, I was walking along a beach near a forest, I was dizzy and disoriented, I was walking at a slow pace and I had tears streaming down my cheeks, as I fell to the floor I said in a hushed and quiet tone "I need you sis."

After I said that, my vision blurred, as it darkened to nothing.

"Wake up."


"Gah!" as I fell to the floor I felt dizzy, I shook my head and got back on my hooves, and looked around the darkened cell, I then looked at where my suit was, but, it was gone, the only thing left was a small pile of ash.

"What happened?" as I looked around, I saw Celestia looking at me "While you were in the abyss of your mind, you changed to your fire element but you were still dormant as you should have been during the spell, but a few minutes in, your horn lit up and burnt your armor into ashes, it may have been a reaction to to the spell.

I looked dumbfounded, how could I have destroyed my armor? unless it was linked to the memory of me learning about fire and destroying the armor, I couldn't see any other reason, so I looked around and saw that it was getting brighter, as I looked out of the small grating of the cell, I saw the sun was rising, I looked back and saw Celestia's horn emitting a small glow.

"Sunrise already? How long was I out?" as she looked at me she brought a hoof to her chin "Roughly about 7 hours I think." 7 hours? that's a hell of a long time "7 hours? that's a long time to remember, sis." she chuckled and replied "You have been away, for a thousand years, I'm not surprised you've lost your memory." my eyes widened, but after a few moments I had formed back what had happened in my head, so it made sense, I yawned, it was unusual for me to yawn in the morning, as I closed my mouth a felt a small sharpness in my mouth, as I recalled feeling them in the memory "Hey sis, what's up with these?" as I opened my mouth slightly and pointed towards my fangs she looked at me and said "You are a 'pure' Alicorn, as in you are very strong and talented as you may know, but you were also of a 'special' type of Alicorn, they existed long before I was born, legend has it they were born as 'vamponies' and were shunned from the others because of this, and it would happen to be that you are a vampony like they were."

"Vampony? What's that?" as I asked that particular question she looked dead-serious at me "A vampony, is a pony who has either been born or has had the gene transferred to them, either at their own will, or at force, vamponies, while looking like normal ponies, have glistening eyes, you will need to feed on blood every now and then to be able to have the strength to cast your more 'advanced' spells such as invisibility, normal vamponies are effected by the sun and cannot be exposed to it for long."

I pondered the thought, being a Vampony and having to feed on blood was going to be hard, but if I'm talented in fire magic, why doesn't heat effect me like any other vampony? "Wait, if vamponies can't be exposed to heat for long, why am I talented in fire?" as she walked around the room a little she replied "As I said, you are 'pure', you aren't effected, by heat or anything a normal vampony is weak to, in fact, being highly talented in fire, you can bend it to your will such as, change it's color, or mold it into patterns, but if you do this out of your fire 'element', your coat will be surrounded in the color of flames and just flow around your body and coat, and your mane and tail will take on the effect of the flame itself."

That explained what happened a few days ago back in the basement, when my mane and coat were doing the same thing "So how exactly am I going feed on blood from a pony, their not exactly going to be comfortable or willing to allow me to take it in that way, sis."

"I'm sure something will work out, I have a feeling it will."

I pondered in my mind to try and take on everything that my mind had been flooded with, being a vampony was not going to be easy, and how was I supposed to tell Twilight? Yeah sure, I'll admit I like her a lot, but hey, can't rush those things now anyway, she'll probably try to kill me if she finds out that I'm a vampony.

After a few minutes of silence I finally came back to one particular thing, Twi's fire element.

"Hey sis, a while back while I was helping Twilight with a spell, she gave a glimpse of a fire element in a rather big explosion, don't suppose you know about that do you?" as she looked at me and smiled "So you're that mysterious black alicorn Twilight found, yes, Twilight does have a fire element, but she doesn't know about it or how to control it, and I'm sure your willing to help her, seeing as you have a strong feeling for her." she winked at me and I felt uneasy, but I kept steady "How did you know about that?" she chuckled " You forget I'm an alicorn too, I can sense my own brothers feeling you know." I looked at the floor and quietly cursed "Damn, forgot about that." as I looked around I asked one last question "You think Twilight's the one who will help me with the blood don't you?" she smiled back at e and chuckled and replied "It is a high possibility, yes she might even want to become 'pure' herself, after all, she did just become an alicorn."

I cocked my head, when did that happen, I did see her back in the dining room, but I never got to see her much "Huh, okay, now what do we do? I'm getting a little bored of this cell." as she smiled at me she said "Not so fast, I need to introduce you to the rest of her friends, but, the vampony and fire element will stay our secret.....for now." as we walked out of the cell, the darkness around me seemed to comfort me, and I somehow felt stronger, but only in a very small way "Sure, hope this time I don't get stuff thrown at me."

A/N: well, here's a big chapter, this is mostly to get along with events and certain features of Dark Star.