• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 5,536 Views, 97 Comments

Life with Twilight - Brony Chronicler



A lonely college student meets a strange girl with no memory of who she is. Together they have a series of strange adventures that bring them closer together.

  • ...
23
 97
 5,536

Chapter 10

“I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.” Ellen Ripley says as the camera rolls in on her face.

“This is Ripley, last survivor of the Nostromo, signing off.”

The screen then cuts to an image of her in a stasis pod, before changing to a shot of outer space and rolling the credits.

“Ohhh…that movie gets scarier every time I watch it.” Twilight says, as we finish our upteenth viewing of Alien.

“That’s why it’s a classic.” I say, as I switch off the movie.

Twilight then leans against my shoulder and looks seductively into my eyes.

“If that alien ever came into our house, would you protect me?” She asks, fluttering her eyelashes.

Of course, the real answer is that I wouldn’t have to. She’s got magical powers now, so I’m pretty sure she could handle herself. Still though, I give her a grin and join in on the fun.

“Only if it meant getting a kiss from my favorite girl,” I respond.

“You mean like this?” Twilight asks as she gives me a quick a kiss on the lips.

“No, it would have to be bigger,” I tease.

Twilight smiles and gives a bigger, much longer kiss as I wrap my arms around her and pull her in. After we finally break apart, I take a look at the clock.

“Well, it’s only ten o' clock, and neither of us are sleepy,” I say. “Do you want to-"

“I’d love to,” Twilight says, pointing her hand at the DVD rack.

She uses her magic to pull out the first season of My Little Pony and levitates it over to the bed. She then hands it over to me.

“You want to pick tonight?” She asks.

“How about the episode where everyone goes to that town and there’s the whole feud over who gets the land?”

“You mean ‘Over a Barrel?’”

I chuckle a bit, as you might expect, she’s memorized every episode of the series.

“Yeah, first episode of disc three,” I say as I hand her the DVD.

She starts levitating the disc towards the open DVD tray, when I stop her.

“I think you should do it in person this time.” I say to her.

“Oh Tai, do I have to?” She whines, half-sarcastically, but still meaning it nonetheless.

“Twilight, you know we can only use magic at home and around our friends. So I don’t want you to forget how to use your hands.”

Twilight reluctantly gets up and puts the disc in the tray. She then climbs back into bed and cuddles up with me as I start the episode. Both of us watch it with great enthusiasm, as we usually do.

“Wow, just look at that town?” I say to her. “Do you think it’ll still look like that when we eventually go?”

“I’d imagine so,” she responds with a yawn.

The episode ends and I turn to see Twilight fast asleep on my chest. I turn off the DVD player and kiss her on the forehead, before turning the light off and snuggling up with her.

I see the wedding ring on her right hand, and smile as I reminisce about everything that has happened over these past few weeks. After she got out of the hospital, the two of us explained everything to our friends and sis. They are now fully aware of what Twilight is and the long history we’ve had together. Yet they are not afraid of this change, and our friendship with them remains strong, if not stronger. I guess you could say I picked my friends well.

As for our personal relationship, well, as you might have guessed, I finally proposed to her. Don’t ask me how and when it happened. Let’s just say it was on a really special occasion. We haven’t really planned the wedding yet, and I don’t know for sure if it’ll be at home or in a church. Besides we’re still settling into our brand new apartment, which as you might have guessed, Sis gave us the money for. These last few weeks have been the most wonderful time of my life. I now get to fall asleep every night with Twilight in my arms, and wake up every morning to her beautiful smile. It’s truly a wonderful feeling, knowing you're this close to a person, and that they feel the same way about you.

As for Twilight herself, she has now fully accepted that she is in fact the same character from the cartoon series, but still has no memory of her past. Regardless, she’s decided that this world is her real home, regardless of whatever happened prior to that faithful night. She’s happy just the way things are, with me and everyone else.

However she does at least want to visit Equestria and see the friends and family she’s got there. I myself have actually wanted to go and see what it’s like. The both of us have made it a side project to try and figure out a way over there. As such, I’ve been helping Twilight master her magical powers, hoping that maybe one day we can use them to get back to Equestria. So far she’s only been able to do simple things like levitation and sparkle effects, but we hope to soon start tackling more complex things like transformation spells.

In the meantime, we do occasionally watch episodes of Friendship is Magic on DVD just to get a glimpse at the world we both want to visit. We also exchange thoughts and ideas on what I’d look like as a stallion and what my cutie mark might be. But more importantly, we both promised that neither one of us would go to Equestria without the other. We go either together, or not at all.

I finally fall asleep and awaken to the sound of my alarm clock several hours later. I get my morning glimpse of Twilight’s smile, before waking her up. After getting dressed and a quick breakfast, the two of us grab our packed bags and head out the door. About half an hour later, we meet up with the gang at Rocky Point. It’s the Fourth of July weakened and Liz and Scott had organized a special camping trip with everyone. They also said they had a special announcement for us, which they’d reveal over dinner.

The whole ride there Twilight has her nose pressed against the window, staring at the trees as we go by, keeping a list of all the different breeds we pass. By the time we reach the camp, the list is composed of fifty Oak Woods, thirty Pine Trees, sixty American Elks, as well as many more that I can’t even begin to name off. That’s my girl for you.

Everyone heads for their cabins to drop off their bags. Twilight and I find ours, unload and proceed to the first activity of the day, archery. As you might expect, I do quite well at this and land all my arrows either in the center or close too it. Once again those years of practice with my closet dart set have paid off. Unfortunately, Twilight doesn’t have the same kind of skill, and winds up wasting five of her six arrows. Obviously, the physics of Skee-ball weren’t the same as the physics of archery. She looks pretty disappointed, but nonetheless draws her last arrow. She’s just about to fire, when I stop her.

“You want a hand?” I say to her with a grin.

Twilight gives me a sly smile.

“Please?” She says - the response I expected.

I steady her shoulders and steer her in the right stance, then tell her to let go of the arrow. And just like that, she manages to land a perfect bulls eye. Twilight jumps up and down and hugs me.

“Thank you Tai, you’re a real awesome guy,” she says as she hugs me tight.

“Well, I just hate to see you looking so glum,” I say, hugging her right back.

The next activity is a hiking trip up the tallest mountain in the park. This was something that Twilight DID read up on before coming here, and unfortunately I did not. The rest of the gang manages to get pretty far ahead while I wind up getting left behind. Twilight’s the only one to linger behind, as she attempts to motivate me to keep up.

“C’mon Tai, don’t tell me you're tired already. I’ve kept a solid lead on you and I’m not even using magic,” she says.

“I don’t… understand… how you can keep going… we’ve been walking for hours…” I say, desperately trying to catch my breath.

“It’s only been twenty minutes, and I read that it’s important to pace yourself during a hike. You might get worn out too fast.”

I groan a bit, thinking back on that episode where she races Applejack and Rainbow Dash through the leaves. What was it called again?

“C’mon. If you make it to the top, I’ll give you a big kiss,” Twilight says, blinking her eyes, accentuating her lashes.

She was clearly referring to that joke I made last night about the alien. Still, it was some pretty good motivation.

“You’re on,” I say as I dart forward.

Twilight giggles and hurries ahead of me. I move as fast as I can, but she holds a strong lead. Finally, I reach the top where the rest of the gang is waiting. They all take their eyes off the view and turn to look at me.

“Hey Tai, where were you?” Scott asks.

I manage to catch my breath as I open my mouth to speak.

“I…”

Suddenly a magenta aura appears around my chest and I’m pulled backwards right into Twilight’s arms.

“He just needed… some motivation,” Twilight says with a grin.

“Well…” I say. “I’m here, so where’s my reward?”

“Right here,” Twilight responds, as she presses her lips against mine.

“Okay you two, take a good look and head back down. Next activity starts in one hour,” Scott says as he and everyone else start walking down the mountain.

Twilight and I walk up to the ledge and take a look at what everyone was checking out a few minutes ago. Sure enough, the view was pretty amazing. I could see the whole park from here, and the city that surrounded it.

“And to think, you almost didn’t make it,” Twilight says as she pushes her head against my shoulder.

“Well, like you said, I just needed the right motivation,” I say with a grin.

After getting down from the mountain, Twilight and I return to our cabin, ready to change into the swimsuits we bought a few days ago. Twilight heads to the bathroom to change, while I remain in the bedroom area. I get ready in about five minutes, including the time to apply sunscreen. Twilight on the other hand takes a lot longer. I go over to the bathroom and knock on the door.

“Honey, are you okay in there?” I ask.

“Tai… I don’t think I can do this,” she responds

“Why?”

“Because I… I…”

“Sweetie, c’mon out of there.”

Twilight slowly opens the door, revealing her new one-piece swimsuit. She then huddles against the door, her arm covering her belly.

“I think I look fat,” she says.

Personally, I think she looks fine and for that matter, really well fit. If anyone doesn’t look good in a swimsuit, I’d say it’d be me. I’ve always felt that I look kinda scrawny, which is why I haven’t worn a swimsuit in years. I walk up to her and take hold of her shoulders, to which she looks up into my eyes.

“Honey, you look fine,” I say with a small chuckle.

Twilight looks down at her belly, and then back up at me.

“You… you really think so?”

“I know so. Besides, take a look at me. I don’t exactly fill out this swimsuit well myself.”

Twilight chuckles a bit at the joke.

“See, that’s the girl I know and love. Now c’mon, lets get to the lake.”

I turn around and Twilight clings to my back. I look at her with a peculiar expression.

“Well… can I still just…stick by you?” She asks, sounding more paranoid with every word.

“Of course,” I say as we head out the door.

The whole way there, Twilight huddles behind me, never once letting go of my shoulders. We reach the lake and Liz takes notice of what’s going on. She then gets out of the water and asks what’s wrong, to which I whisper how Twilight feels.

“Oh Twilight, you look fine.” Liz says, taking hold of her hand.

Twilight slowly starts to come out from behind me.

“I-I don’t look fat?” She asks.

“Nah, you look great,” Liz responds. “Besides, we’re all friends here. We wouldn't care what you looked like either way.”

She then pulls Twilight into the water and starts splashing her. Twilight laughs and splashes back. I jump in and join in on the fun, holding Twilight up on my shoulders and dropping her in the water.

After about an hour of this, Twilight decides to take a break and pulls herself up onto the dock. She looks behind her and sees a group of children playing in the section next to us, with a little girl sitting on the dock all by herself. She’s sucking her thumb and holding a plushie of the Twilight Sparkle from the show, dressed in the coronation outfit from the season three finale.

“Twilight, you coming back in?” Liz asks.

“Yeah, just give me a moment,” Twilight says as she gets up and walks over to the girl.

She sits down next to her and the girl turns away clutching her doll.

“Hey, why aren’t you playing in the water?” Twilight asks.

“I’m scared.” The girl responds, after some hesitation.

“Of what?” Twilight says.

“Well… what if… what if nobody wants to play with me…”

“Well, you never know unless you try.”

The girl continues to look away.

“Hey, I was nervous about going into the water too. I thought I’d look fat in this swimsuit, but my friends encouraged me and I had a blast.”

“Well… I don’t know…”

The girl then looks up at Twilight and widens her eyes. She looks at her doll and then back at Twilight.

“Are you a princess?” She asks.

Twilight grins and starts getting somewhat theatrical.

“Yes, yes I am. I am Twilight Sparkle, princess of Equestria. And I’m going to cast a spell to make you brave enough to go and play with everyone else.”

She then sparks a small aura around her right index finger and taps the girl on the nose.

“Now you’re brave. Go have fun.”

The girl rises to her feet and looks at her toy.

“I’ll hold onto your toy till you get back,” Twilight says with a smile.

The girl hands Twilight the plushie and jumps into the water with the other kids. I get out of the lake and run to Twilight’s side.

“Twilight, did you really just cast some kind of bravery spell?” I ask.

“Oh Tai, even I don’t know that one. That was just a light show, nothing more.”

“Huh?”

She grins.

“I think she just needed a little push from a princess,” Twilight says, showing me the plushie.

I smile and sit down with her, watching the kids play.

After a few hours, night falls and the whole gang gathers around the campfire. Some are grilling burgers and hotdogs on the campsite grill; a few others are roasting marshmallows. I bring Twilight back a hotdog and we sit down to eat together. Shortly afterwards, Liz rings a bell calling everyone’s attention.

“Attention everyone, I think it’s about time my husband and I told you our big announcement. This camping trip is actually to celebrate a special occasion and not just July the Fourth. I think I’ll let my husband take it from here,” she says, handing the announcement over to Scott

“Well everyone, my wife just got the results back,” he says, wrapping his arm around Liz.

“And… I’m going to be a father.”

Everyone cheers and claps for them.

“But that’s not all,” Scott continues.

He then walks up to me as I finish eating my hotdog.

“Tai, Liz and I were wondering… if you would be the godfather.”

My heart suddenly stops and I attempt to come to terms with what he just said. Me? The godfather? I never thought anyone would ever ask me to do that. I remain silent for a full minute, before finally speaking.

“I’d love to, Scott. But in exchange, would you be my best man?”

Scott then looks at the ring on Twilight’s finger, and smiles.

“Of course,” he responds.

The two of us hug as everyone lets out a loud cheer. Twilight and Liz hug, as well, wishing each other congratulations. A couple people go to their car to get out their instruments and start playing music. And everyone begins getting together with their dates and we all start dancing to the tunes.

About an hour into our celebration, Scott takes a few guys to his car and starts unloading fireworks. They fire off a few before Scott calls Twilight over. He whispers something into her ear, to which she gives him a “got it” look. She puts her hands on the fireworks, and starts using her magic. The others then light them up and fire them in the air. The explosions mix with Twilight’s magic and create beautiful glittering shapes across the night sky. Everyone looks in pure wonder at the spectacle, as I run up to Twilight’s side and enjoy the show with her.

It’s now after midnight, and I’m lying here watching Twilight sleep by my side. We had snuck away at about ten o' clock for some alone time, and I can still hear some people out there. I’m sure they had a blast tonight and really it was a lot of fun partying with them, just like the night of the campus dance. But right now, I’m just happy to be right here with the girl that I love.

I know I’ve said it before, but I’ve really come a long way since that day she came into my life. In fact, I’ve come even further than I thought possible. I still can’t believe that someone actually asked me to be his child’s godfather, and that I’ve really gained that kind of a friendship with someone. And I owe it all to this wonderful girl, who in only a few weeks, will officially be my wife. I don’t know what the future holds for us after that, but I’m not afraid. The journey up to this point was full of joy and excitement, I can only imagine the journey onward will be no different. And if there is a great obstacle that lies ahead, with her by my side, I know I can overcome it.

I lean down and brush the hair out of Twilight’s eyes, taking one last look at her beautiful face for the night. The moon shines in through the window, and reflects off her smooth skin, as though illuminating an angel right before my very eyes. I then lean over and kiss her on the forehead, before I throw my arm over her and hold her close to my chest. I smile as I rest my head onto hers and doze off to sleep.