• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 3,027 Views, 84 Comments

Dropping the Bass - Taranasauruso_o



Vinyl Scratch was a successful DJ. But she always felt she was missing something. Trinyl

  • ...
3
 84
 3,027

Coversation No. 1: Eyes on FIre

A short conversation, written from the memory of Trixie into her dream journal.

“Vinyl, why do you always wear sunglasses?” Vinyl turned to face Trixie, her smile faltering.

“M-my sunglasses?” she asked, her voice wavering slightly.

“Yes, that is what Trixie said, sunglasses.”

“Uh, well I guess I... what I mean to say is... Oh what’s the use?” Vinyl sighed, her shoulders slumping visibly in defeat. “Lying can only get me so far.” She turned so that her face was inches away from Trixie’s, letting Trixie stare into the dark recesses of her sunglasses. “Trix, what I tell you now must never be told to another living soul as long as I live, understand?”

Vinyl’s sudden seriousness startled Trixie, so much so that the mare had trouble talking. “Uh, y-yes, Trixie understands.”

Vinyl sighed, her sunglasses being wrapped in a light blue aura as she lifted them up with her magic. The black shades levitated from against the bridge of her nose, revealing her eyes underneath. Trixie stifled a gasp, staring hard into her friend’s eyes. Two red rubies stared back, perfect circles, only broken by the small black dots in the center of her eyes.

“Vinyl...”

“No Trix, don’t.” Vinyl leaned back, resting back on her haunches. She sighed, before continuing. “I was born with them. My mother used to say it made me unique, but I knew it just made me a freak. I went to school, expecting the other children to understand. Needless to say, they didn’t. I spent the first five years of my life being tormented, being told I was creepy, not natural. I learned to hide them, I learned that they made me different from the others. When I left school, I swore to wear these sunglasses forever, just in case.”

“Trixie had no idea...”

“Neither did they, but you don’t see them stopping, now do you?” Vinyl was suddenly angry, and she pulled herself up. “You know what, Trix, it was great comin’ out here,” she gestured to the grassy hill that the two occupied. “But I’ve got to get home and, er, practise.”

Vinyl turned to leave, but was stopped by the feeling of a hoof to her back. “While you and Trixie may not have been friend's for long, Trixie can promise you this, Vinyl; She is not like the other’s and she understands what it is like to be treated as an outcast. She would never break your trust.”

Vinyl’s face softened as those words left Trixie’s mouth, and she sat back down next to her friend. “Thanks Trix, you have no idea how much that means to me.”

“Trixie is glad she could help.”

“So Trixie, I’ve got a question.”

“Huh, Trixie shall not answer.”

“Hey, c’mon, I answered your question, now it’s your turn.”

“Trixie supposes that is only fair.”

“So Trixie...”

The rest of the memory is undecipherable, as the ink was smudged when what appears to be tears fell upon the page...


Author’s note: Hey there, it’s me again.

What’s this, two updates in one night? Impossibru!!!!

Alright, so this is something I’m going to be doing regularly every two, maybe three chapters. A little conversation between Vinyl and Trixie going on about their personal lives, and how they interacted with each other.

Anyway, it’s nearly ten, and I’m tired.

Night all!