• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 7,082 Views, 80 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 1: The Doctor in the Box - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor finds himself in Equestria following a violent regeneration and is forced to work alongside an annoyed Twilight Sparkle in order to defeat an old enemy.

  • ...
6
 80
 7,082

A Dalek in Sugar Cube Corner

Chapter 3: A Dalek in Sugar Cube Corner

Sugar Cube Corner, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor's eyes stared hungrily at the plate of warm blueberry muffins that was placed before him.

"Will that be all?" asked Mrs. Cake.

"Oh, definitely," said the Doctor as he attempted to pick up a nearby butter knife with his hoof. "Oh...blast! How do you pick things up with these confounded hooves?!"

"Here," said a slightly embarrassed Twilight. "Let me help you."

She then proceeded to levitate the knife and cut the muffins open.

"Could you be so kind and spread the butter too? I'm new with all this hoof business."

Twilight rolled her eyes and spread the butter. The Doctor nodded silently as a sign of thanks and then proceeded to dive into the muffins. Mrs. Cake walked over to Twilight and whispered into her ear.

"Who is that? He sure is a strange character," she whispered.

"Even we don't know who he really is," replied Twilight. Mrs. Cake nodded goodbye to Twilight and Spike, bowed politely to Luna, and trotted back to the kitchen.

"Can I have one?" Spike asked as he turned towards the Doctor. The Doctor looked at the dragon and nodded his head. Spike took one half of a buttered muffin and began munching on it.

"My, you sure do have quite an appetite there, Doctor," Luna chuckled. The Doctor raised his head and wiped the muffin crumbs and butter from his muzzle.

"I don't know why but I suddenly have an incredibly large need for food. Must be the new body. Regenerations are always tricky to get past. The after effects can be horribly annoying," he replied.

"Excuse me, but I really don't understand."

"Understand? Oh...you must mean my talk about regenerations and such."

"Not only that, but also your lack of knowledge for the most basic of pony movements and other things that should be common sense to you."

"Well I think we've established by this point that I'm not exactly from around here."

"Then what country are you from?" Twilight asked.

"What's the name of your planet?"

"Pardon me?"

"Your planet. What's its name?"

"Uh...Gaia."

"Gaia? There's no planet named Gaia. I should know because I've had enough time to examine the stars. Unless...no. It's not possible. The barriers are sealed tight. Then again, that would explain a lot."

"What are you mumbling about?" asked an annoyed Luna.

"Huh? Oh, sorry. I tend to do that often."

"You sure do have a lot of bad habits."

"I'm just adjusting to the new body."

"You keep talking as if you've only recently become a pony," Twilight stated.

"Well that's because I have only recently become a pony. Before my regeneration I resembled that of a human being."

"What's a human being?"

"No knowledge of humans? Is it possible? Have I really managed to break through the barriers?"

"Will you stop that?!"

"Sorry."

"I've read through countless books and I've not once come across a creature called a human being."

"That's because they don't exist on this planet...and, now that I think about it, I doubt that they even exist in this universe at all."

Spike leaned in towards Twilight and whispered, "I don't think his mind's in the same universe as us!"

Twilight chuckled and casually pushed the dragon away from her. The Doctor was about to take another bite out of a muffin when he noticed something behind Twilight and Luna. It was a gray, female pegasus pony with somewhat strewn blonde hair and a pair of yellow eyes that seemed to be staring straight at the Doctor.

"Can I help you?" he asked politely. Twilight and Luna turned back to look at the gray pegasus. She shook her head and hiccuped in the process. "What's your name?" The pegasus turned away from the group and trotted away. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No. That's just Derpy Hooves," Spike sighed.

"Derpy Hooves? That's a cruel name."

"That's what everypony knows her as."

"Was it just me or was there something wrong with her eyes?"

"Yeah. For some reason her eyes trail off at random points. It's really weird!"

"Spike!" Twilight snapped. "She can't control it! And, besides, I don't even think Derpy Hooves is her real name. That's just what everypony knows her as."

"You don't see her complaining about it or correcting anypony. Who knows if she has another name? If she does it's probably worse than Derpy Hooves if she keeps it a secret."

"Okay! Enough talk about Derpy Hooves! We're here to talk about you, Doctor!"

"And so we are!" said the Doctor.

"So...where are you from exactly?" Luna asked.

"I'm sure that by this point you three have figured out that I'm not from your planet."

"So you're an alien?" asked a skeptical Twilight.

"Well...yes but here I'm more than an alien. You see, I'm not only from another planet...I'm from another dimension altogether!"

Twilight and Luna gave skeptical looks but Spike gave an expression that made him look as if he somewhat believed the Doctor's claims.

"That's the story you're sticking with? That you're from another dimension?" asked Twilight.

"It's the truth. I can prove it to you once I show you the inside of my TARDIS," said the Doctor with a smirk.

"Fine! Then let's go right now!"

"Fine then!"

Outside Town Hall, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

"Be careful up there! We don't need another hole in the roof!" called the Mayor from the ground. Rainbow Dash and another pegasus pony named Cloud Kicker were carefully moving a new piece of roof to fix up a hole in the roof of Town Hall.

"Almost there!" breathed Rainbow Dash as they lowered the piece of roof in place. It locked into place and both pegasi wiped their foreheads with relief. They flew back to the ground to meet with the Mayor. "Looks like it's a job well done!"

"Thank you! Let's hope an accident like this doesn't happen for a while! I've got to go and talk with Vinyl about her randomly turning up the volume of that stereo. I also better go check on Deep Blue and make sure that she's making a speedy recovery. See you girls later!"

The Mayor then trotted away and Cloud Kicker bid farewell to Rainbow Dash. It was just as Cloud Kicker flew away that Rainbow Dash noticed Derpy Hooves walking awkwardly, with her head down.

"Hey Derpy!" called Rainbow Dash. The cyan pegasus flew over to Derpy and landed in front of her. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Oh...hi Rainbow Dash," Derpy breathed.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine. Might need to have a muffin later."

"Ha! You and those muffins! I prefer cupcakes myself but whatever. Listen, have you seen Twilight anywhere? I want to ask her if the library's gotten the newest Daring Doo book in yet."

"Twilight? Yeah, I just saw her in Sugar Cube Corner. She's at a table with Spike, Princess Luna, and some other pony."

"Some other pony? Who?"

"I don't know. He's new in town. He likes muffins too."

"Good for him then. Anyway, I'll see ya around!"

Rainbow was about to take off when the sounds of screaming ponies began echoing throughout the town. Rainbow and Derpy turned to see a group of ponies running away from a strange metallic creature.

"GIVE ME THE DOCTOR! GIVE ME THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" yelled the creature.

"I'll take care of this!" stated Rainbow. She was about to fly at the creature when the creature aimed its metal rod at a nearby pony. The pony dodged the beam but a plant behind it instantly withered and died. "Strike that!"

"Maybe Twilight will know what to do!" Derpy suggested. "She got rid of that Ursa Minor so maybe she can handle this too!"

Rainbow grabbed Derpy and they flew as fast as they could towards Sugar Cube Corner.

Sugar Cube Corner, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor, Twilight, Spike, and Luna had just risen from their seats when the sounds of the screaming ponies reached the shop.

"What's going on out there?" Twilight asked.

"Maybe it's a party!" cried Pinkie Pie from behind the counter. She then crossed her two front hooves and pouted. "Well why didn't they invite me?!"

"I don't think it's a party, Pinkie," Spike choked. Just then, Rainbow and Derpy burst through the front door. They were both breathing heavily.

"Twilight!" cried Rainbow.

"What is it?" Twilight asked.

"Something's attacking Ponyville!"

"What?! What's attacking us?"

Rainbow and Derpy turned towards each other and then turned back to Twilight.

"We...don't know what it is," Derpy replied.

Everypony turned their heads towards the door as a metallic voice cried out, "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

"No," breathed the Doctor as he backed up.

"What's wrong?" Luna asked.

"It's followed me! It's followed me here!"

"Do you have something to do with this?!" Twilight snapped.

"I...well...yes...but it was unintentional."

Rainbow flew towards the Doctor and began to stare him down.

"And just who the hay are you, anyway?!" she asked angrily.

"I'm the Doctor and right now I'm the only one who can save you all!"

"What is it? What's out there?!" cried Spike. The Doctor turned towards Spike and their eyes met.

"A Dalek."

The door to Sugar Cube Corner burst open and in rolled the Dalek. Its telescopic eye scanned the room until it saw the Doctor.

"DOCTOR! IT'S THE DOCTOR! EXTERMINATE!" it cried. It aimed its death ray towards them.

"Get down!" yelled the Doctor. Everypony got down as the Dalek began firing several death beams throughout the interior of the shop. The Doctor and Twilight dived under a table and the Doctor began rummaging through his suit pockets. "Where is it?! Where is it?!"

"Where's what?!" Twilight asked anxiously.

"My Sonic Screwdriver!"

"Your what?"

"It's a small, metal, cylindrical device with a little blue light bulb at the tip."

"I know what you're talking about."

"So you've seen it? Do you have it with you?!"

"No...it's back in the guest room at the library."

"Damn! Well I think it'd be best if I got the Dalek away from everyone else."

"Everypony."

"Whatever! It's after me so it's only going to follow me. I'm going to distract it. You get everypony else out of here!"

"But...Doctor-"

"You've been trying to listen and understand me since we met, Twilight Sparkle! Listen to me now and get everypony the hell out of here!"

The Doctor then jumped up and began trotting throughout the shop.

"Oi! Look at me! Look at me! I'm a target! Look at me!" he cried gleefully.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" yelled the Dalek. The Dalek proceeded to focus and chase after the Doctor as Twilight managed to get everypony out through the back of the shop. The Doctor then ran towards the front door.

"Come on! Is that the best you've got?! Come here! Look at me! I'm a target begging to get hit!" he laughed. The Dalek continued to yell as it shot more death beams at the prancing earth pony. He jumped out of the way and ran through the front door. The Dalek chased after him. Twilight was about to go out the back when she looked out the front window and saw the Doctor being chased.

"Twilight! Come on!" Spike called. Twilight turned back to Spike and slowly shook her head. "Where are you going?!"

"I'm sorry, Spike. For some reason...I just can't leave him to handle that thing on his own. Even if he is a complete and total nutcase," Twilight breathed.

"Twilight!"

"I promise I'll come back! Don't I always keep my promises?"

Twilight ran towards the dragon and kissed him softly on the forehead. She then turned around and followed the Doctor and the Dalek out the front door.