• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 7,062 Views, 80 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 1: The Doctor in the Box - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor finds himself in Equestria following a violent regeneration and is forced to work alongside an annoyed Twilight Sparkle in order to defeat an old enemy.

  • ...
6
 80
 7,062

House Call

Chapter 1: House Call

Home of Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville, Equestria, Gaia, Spring, 1002 C.E.

Twilight Sparkle gave a long sigh as she fell to the floor, exhausted from the tiring events of that day. She had been working all day to help the citizens of Ponyville prepare themselves for the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. Some of the other ponies in town found it strange that Princess Celestia was having the celebration in Ponyville with it being only a mere two years since the last time it was held in Ponyville. Twilight was also confused, just like the others, but she was happy nonetheless. The past few days had been extremely busy with arrangements, meetings, and making sure that everypony was doing their job correctly. It was now only three days until the Summer Sun Celebration and anxiety had spread among the ponies of Ponyville like the plague. At least the town was organized and prepared due to the plans directed by Twilight herself. Everypony was still busy getting all of the preparations together but Twilight had no more strength to work at the current moment.

"Twilight! Twilight!" called the anxious voice of Spike the dragon. Twilight crawled over to the couch and sprawled herself on top of it.

"Yes, Spike?" she asked weakly as her muscles slowly began to relax. The small purple and green dragon ran down the stairs and approached the couch, a note flapping wildly in his claw.

"You got this note this morning but you left before I could give it to you."

"Sorry. I had a lot to do today. Who's it from?"

"Princess Luna."

"Can you read it to me, please? It's been a really long day."

Spike rolled his eyes and examined the letter. There wasn't much on it.

"Dear Twilight Sparkle," he read. "I have received your notice and shall be visiting your residence at the time you requested. We can discuss things further then. Hoping you are well, Princess Luna."

Twilight's head jerked up and she used her magic to levitate the letter over to her.

"Princess Luna is coming?" she asked with a stunned look.

"I thought you were too tired to read it!" Spike snapped with a sarcastic grin.

"Nevermind that, Spike! Princess Luna is coming...and this place is a disaster!"

She hopped off of the couch and looked around the library. Books, papers, and many other miscellaneous objects were scattered all over the place.

"If this place is a disaster then why did you ask her to come, anyway?!" asked Spike.

"I didn't! Let's see. I have received your notice and shall be visiting your residence at the time you requested? I never sent Princess Luna a notice!"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, Spike! I've been too busy these past few days to write a letter to anypony!"

"Maybe you did it in your sleep!"

"You would have had to help me send it. Unless you're saying that you slept walked too."

"Hmm. Maybe somepony's cast a dark curse on us! What if Trixie's come back for revenge?!"

"Please. If somepony did cast a curse on us I'd highly doubt that it would be Trixie. This is suspicious, though. I guess I'll figure out the details of this supposed letter from me when the Princess arrives."

Twilight turned towards the nearby clock and saw that it was now 5:30 in the evening. Just then, there were three loud knocks on the door.

"That's probably her," said Spike. Twilight gulped and approached the door. She opened it and was greeted with the sight of the majestically blue Princess Luna.

"Good evening, Twilight Sparkle," she said. Twilight and Spike bowed politely as she walked through the door. "My, my. You've certainly got an...interesting way of organizing your belongings."

"I apologize, Princess. The other ponies and I have been busy preparing for the 1002nd Summer Sun Celebration," said Twilight.

"Please call me Luna and I completely understand. Manehattan was disastrous last year."

"Isn't that place always disastrous?" Spike asked. Luna chuckled and walked towards a nearby cushion to sit down. Twilight and Spike followed her and sat down on the couch.

"So. What is it that you wanted to speak with me about?" she asked. Twilight and Spike turned to each other nervously and then turned back towards Luna.

"Pri...Luna, I know this is going to sound weird but I couldn't have been the one who sent you this supposed notice you mentioned in your letter," breathed the lavender unicorn.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I haven't sent any letters to you. Heck, I haven't sent any letters period. I've been too busy."

"Then how to you explain this?"

Luna's horn shone for a few seconds before another piece of paper appeared out of thin air. It floated over to Twilight and she read it.

"Dear Princess Luna," Twilight read. "I would like you to come and visit me at half past five in the evening three days prior to the upcoming Summer Sun Celebration. Do whatever you can but please come. I really need to discuss something with you and...there's something I need to show you. I'll explain everything when you get here. Hoping you and Princess Celestia are well, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight scanned the letter several times. It was unmistakable. This was her own writing! But it couldn't be. Or could it? Twilight suddenly remembered the time she went back in time to prevent herself from worrying, only to cause her past self to start worrying in the first place.

"See?" stated Luna. "You sent me a letter."

"But...I couldn't have, and yet here it is. This is definitely my hornwriting!"

Luna stared at Twilight for a few seconds and then began to laugh.

"Ha ha! Are you playing a trick on me, Twilight?" she laughed. "It isn't even Nightmare Night and you're already pulling pranks on me! I can see why my sister has a strong liking of you!"

"I'm sorry, Luna, but I'm not joking. This letter was definitely written by me but I didn't write it!"

The smile faded from Luna's face and she cocked her head slightly.

"Come now. Are you saying that you haven't written a note that you've written? That statement alone is an obvious contradiction!"

"I told you, Twilight! It's a curse!" Spike panicked. Twilight shoved the dragon slightly and stood up.

"I'm telling you the truth, Luna. I haven't written or sent any note to you," said Twilight. Luna sighed and Spike scratched his head with confusion. "Luna, when did you get this note?"

"I got it this morning but the guards said that it arrived last night," Luna replied.

"How? How did it get there?"

"They didn't really know. It just seemed to appear in the mail room. Nothing came in or out of that room. However, they did state that they heard an awfully strange noise from inside the room, but when they checked they found nothing."

"Strange. Hmm...what if...this is a letter that I'm going to write?"

"Are you suggesting that this could be a letter from the future?"

"Time travel's possible. Though it's very complicated and hard to control. Trust me...I've done it before."

"Well if this is from the future...then I guess I'm needed here at this specific time for a specific purpose."

"But what could it be?" Spike asked.

"I'm not sure. But I've got a feeling that we're going to find out pretty soon."

Suddenly a mysterious sound began echoing throughout the library. It was a sound that neither Twilight, Spike, nor Luna had heard before.

"What is the name of Celestia is that?!" Spike asked. Just then, something large and blue materialized above Luna's head and flew across the room. It smashed into a nearby bookcase, sending pieces of paper and shards of wood flying all over the place.

"Oh no! My library!" Twilight cried. There wasn't much damage but, to Twilight, even if one book was destroyed then it was a horrible thing. Twilight, Spike, and Luna cautiously approached the mysterious object.

It was a blue box made of wood, it had windows on its sides, and it had the words Police Public Call Box printed at the top.

"What is it?" Spike asked.

"I have no idea. I've never seen something like this before," Luna breathed.

"I think I have," said Twilight.

"You have?" Spike asked.

"I can't be sure but I think I've heard stories of mysterious blue boxes in old pony tales."

"Interesting," said Luna. The front door of the box suddenly swung open and a cloud of golden gas flew out of the opening. The gas evaporated into thin air after being in the open for a few seconds. "Curious."

Out of the box stumbled a male earth pony with a chestnut coat, dark brown mane, hourglass cutie mark, a brown suit, a light-blue undershirt, and a blue tie. He stumbled forward and fell onto the ground in front of them.

"Are you alright?!" Twilight asked as she bent down to help the stallion. He looked up at Twilight as a cloud of golden gas flew out of his mouth. It wrapped around Twilight's head and then evaporated into the air. Twilight shook her head and looked the stallion straight in the eye. "I'm going to ask you again. Are you alright?!"

The stallion cocked his head as he looked up at Twilight. He then gave a few weak chuckles as smaller clouds of gas flew out of his mouth.

"What's this? A talking equine of some sort? That was some ride!" he exclaimed. He then lost consciousness in Twilight's arms. The door to the stallion's strange blue box then shut by itself and locked. Twilight, Spike, and Luna exchanged confused glances as another cloud of golden gas escaped from the stallion's mouth.