• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 1,203 Views, 30 Comments

The Equestrian Intelligence Agency - General Soarin



When several of the Bearers Of Harmony disapprear without a trace, Princess Celestia fears that something sinister is going on, and orders the EIA to find out what is going on and put a stop to it.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,203

Chapter 4: Revelation

Team Hawk
Outside Canterlot, Equestria
3 Hours After Launch Of Operation Harmony
J

“Roger that. Hawk out.” Said Agent Hawk and put the radio back into the saddlebag. Rainbow looked at him and saw a worried expression in his face and asked “What was it?” “It was Command. They said that Main HQ has been attacked by unknown enemies.” replied Hawk as he started to fly even faster. Rainbow flew up next to him. “EIA HQ is the most secure building in Equestria, it can’t be possibly anything that bad. It's probably just some fellow Agent who is trying to play a twisted joke on us.” she said and laughed nervously, not completely believing in her own words. “I am not so sure about that Rainbow. There is a powerful force that we yet don’t know on the move right now..” Hawk replied, worry in his voice as they floated through the air towards Canterlot.

They saw the smoke before they saw the city. It was like a huge black cloud that covered the city and blocked the view. Rainbow did a sudden stop and took her binoculars out from the saddle bag and tried to see where the source of the smoke was. She gasped and went silent. Hawk also had his binoculars on his hoofs. “I guess it was not a bad joke after all” Rainbow said and dropped her binoculars which fell towards the ground. She started to fly as fast as she could towards Canterlot when she noticed that Hawk was not following her. She flew back and shouted at him “What are you waiting for? They need us over there and we need to know what happened!” Hawk pointed his hoof on something that was moving towards them. It was a pony but there were smoke and thunder following her trail. “It seems that we are going to get a visit by a Wonderbolt”

Rainbow looked after her own binoculars but remembered she had dropped them in the shock of seeing HQ in flames. She looked over to Hawk and saw that he still had his binoculars and while he still was using them she grabbed them out of his hoofs. “Hey! You could have asked.” said Hawk, an angry tone in his voice. Rainbow put the binocular to her eyes and looked through. “ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh ohmygosh” was the only thing Rainbow managed to say. “What is it?” Hawk asked bluntly. “This is not an ordinary Wonderbolt. This is THE CAPTAIN of the Wonderbolts, also known as Spitfire.” exclaimed Rainbow with an overly enthusiastic voice. “How do you know that? All I could see was the smoke.” asked Hawk. “First of all I have been a fan of the Wonderbolts since I was a little filly in Cloudsdale. My favorite performer was, and still is, Spitfire. She has style, coolness, awesomeness and the speed like nopony else on the team.” replied Rainbow. Hawk could see it in Rainbow's eye that she dreamed of being a part of the Wonderbolts.

Spitfire was exhausted when she reached Agent Hawk and Agent Rainbow. They quickly saluted the senior agent. “Why do we get the honor to meet the Captain of the Wonderbolts?” asked Rainbow, barely hiding her excitement. “The …” was all Spitfire could say before catching her breath. She stopped for a moment, before taking a deep breath. “The Director... is dead.”

Both Hawk and Rainbow’s faces was filled with sorrow and grief. They had landed on a cloud big enough for them all and said nothing for a while until Hawk broke the silence “How is this possible? The Director is one of the most protected ponies in Equestria, if we look away from the princesses.” “We don’t know. The attackers were well organized and knew where to strike. They seemed to have all too good knowledge of the building. I believe that we have a traitor amongst the Agency.” Spitfire stated, before punching a hole in the cloud and looked down upon the smokey Canterlot. “Any idea of who is behind the attack?” asked Rainbow. “No we have no idea, but the second before the director died he muttered something that started with Lau.” muttered Spitfire, still looking through the hole she had punched in the cloud. Hawk and Rainbow were silent, before Hawk shifted himself into a more comfortable position. “Maybe it is Laurence.” suggested Hawk. Spitfire looked up and walked over to him. “What do you know?” She asked with a tone that would even make a Dragon answer. “One of the teams in set to guard the bearers heard one of their attackers mention a pony named Laurence. And Rainbow here recall reading about somepony named Laurence in a EIA file. We were on our way to HQ so we could read it.” replied Hawk, before taking a step away from Spitfire. Spitfire looked at him, before slowly shaking her head. “Well you are too late. During the attack the enemy hacked the database, and locked it down. Nothing can be accessed until the tech division regains control, and they tell me that won’t happen for a couple of weeks.” she informed him, disappointment in her voice as she sat down again.

“Well ummm” muttered Rainbow, as scratched the back of her head. Hawk and Spitfire looked at her and asked simultaneously “What?” Rainbow shrank back a little bit, before clearing her throat “Well… I kind of have a copy of every file that the Agency ever had.” Rainbow replied in a somewhat nervous tone. Hawk and Spitfire were silent for a few moment, before Spitfire finally spoke. “And how did you get that? Did you steal it? I should probably take you back to Canterlot and send you to prison for doing something like that.” Spitfire said in a threatening tone as she took a menacing step towards Rainbow. Rainbow shook her head fiercely, before clearing her throat.. “Hold on there. I did NOT steal anything, I did it under orders from the Director.” Rainbow replied. Spitfire snorted, before Hawk took a step towards Rainbow as well. “And why would he trust you? Your rank is not even close to being trusted with something this important.” Hawk asked, malice in his voice. Rainbow sighed, before turning to face the burning EIA headquarters. “Director Armor entrusted me with the data because he felt as though I could handle having it.” She replied. Spitfire and Hawk went silent for a few moments, before Hawk finally nodded. “If you have the backups, then where are they?” asked Spitfire, all hostility gone from her voice. Rainbow pointed to her shades, before slipping them on and tapping the side of it with her hoof. “Execute program Echo Delta Alpha, authorization code 875-020-079.” Rainbow said loudly.

There was a beep, before the right side of the shades started glowing and showing various files and documents. Rainbow stood still for a few moments, moving through the files by flicking her eyes back and forth until she finally stopped. “Ahh here it is, Agent Laurence, part of the Force Reconnaissance Division. Born in Canterlot, and was pretty successful in life.” Rainbow exclaimed, as she read through Laurence’s file. Hawk and Spitfire waited patiently, before Rainbow suddenly cringed. “What is it?” asked Spitfire, concern in her voice. Rainbow took off her shades, before glancing over at the Wonderbolt captain. “Laurence was apparently very interested in the Lau theory, which basically states that the Bearers Of Harmony posses the power of the elements, and that their power could possibly be extracted and used as a very strong power sources. It’s a fairly old theory.” explained Rainbow. Spitfire nodded, before she tried opening her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a burst of static from Rainbow’s earpiece. “This is Agent Vinyl Scratch, I’m calling a code red. We’re under attack by multiple hostiles, requesting immediate assistance!” Shouted somepony over the radio. Rainbow’s ears perked up, before her wings shot open. “That’s the leader of Fluttershy’s team! We gotta help her!” Shouted Rainbow, before she jumped off the cloud and shot off in the direction of the Everfree Forest. Agent Hawk and Spitfire glanced at each other, before quickly following after Rainbow, leaving the smoky city of Canterlot behind them.

Author's Note:

Both me and Spitfire101 looked over this chapter a couple of times, but we still may of had missed somethings. If you see any plot holes (And I don't mean poop shoots), then please tell me. We also put a very small reference to Mass Effect 1 in this chapter, the authorization code is a reference to something in the game (Big Hint: Dealing with the Rachni), kudos for finding it. Anyway, we hope you enjoyed this chapter, and more will be coming soon!
Bramble and Spitfire