• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 1,206 Views, 30 Comments

The Equestrian Intelligence Agency - General Soarin



When several of the Bearers Of Harmony disapprear without a trace, Princess Celestia fears that something sinister is going on, and orders the EIA to find out what is going on and put a stop to it.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,206

Chapter 3: Escalation

Agent Spitfire
Equestrian Intelligence Agency
Special Operations Division, Alpha Team
Equestrian Intelligence Agency Main Headquarters, Canterlot, Equestria
2 hours after the launch of Operation Harmony

“Soarin, have you been going through my sweets draw again? I told you to stay out!” shouted Spitfire, as she stormed into the sky blue pegasus stallion’s room. For the third time that week, the golden pegasus mare had found her stash of sweets raided, only this time somepony had stolen everything in the draw, leaving nothing behind. When she found out about her raided sweet stash, Spitfire had torn apart her room in a desperate and angry frenzy to find her sweets.

Soarin was sitting at his desk that overlooked Canterlot reading a vanilla file on a EIA Agent named Starburst. He put down the file, before turning to face the annoyed Spitfire. “It wasn’t me Spitfire, I’ve been in my room all afternoon evaluating various pegasi from the Agency to recruit for the Wonderbolts. You can even ask Fleetfoot, she’s been providing me files.” He replied, before gesturing toward the door that lead into his study. Spitfire growled, before storming over to the door to the study and knocking furiously on it. “FLEETFOOT! GET OUT HERE NOW.” She screamed angrily. A few seconds passed, before a pale blue pegasus mare with a white mane answered the door.

“What’s going on Spitfire, it sounds like you got both your wings cut off!” exclaimed Fleetfoot, as she stepped out of Soarin’s study. Spitfire gave Fleetfoot a death glare. “Is it true that you and Soarin have been in here all night evaluating agents? Someone went through my sweet draw and stole EVERYTHING.” shouted Spitfire, obviously annoyed at the whole situation. Fleetfoot chuckled, before nodding. “Yes, we haven't moved since 3:00 this afternoon. In fact, we should probably get something to eat. We skipped dinner!” She replied, as she walked past Spitfire and put a few files onto Soarin’s desk. Spitfire let out an annoyed growl before walking toward the door. “Someone is going to pay if I can’t find my sweets by-” Spitfire began, before a distant explosion interrupted her.

Alarms started blaring, and the lights in Soarin’s room flickered out. “Explosion in the main generator room, half the building is currently dark. We’re under attack, all agents proceed to emergency posts. This is not a drill! I say again, this is not a drill!” shouted someone over the intercom system, as several more explosions rocked the building. The three Wonderbolts in the room quickly threw on their night vision goggles, and ran into the hallway. “This is Agent Spitfire to Director Armor’s team, I need a situation report ASAP!” shouted Spitfire over the radio, as she ran toward the Director’s office. The radio was silent for a moment, before it sputtered to life. “This is Agent Firestreak, everything is fine up here. The office is secure, and we’ve dispatched several agents to check on the generators. How is your team Spitfire?” Replied the agent on the other side of the radio. Spitfire let out a sigh of relief, before getting back on the line. “We’re all ok here, just a little surprised that someone is attempting to attack one of the most strongly guarded buildings in Canterlot. Do we have any idea what we’re facing here?” She replied, as the team continued running for the office. “I’m getting mixed reports, but from what I’m hearing it’s mainly squads of highly organized unicorns. I can get-” started Agent Firestreak, before the radio cut out.

Spitfire stopped, and checked the radio to see if it was on before flipping on her mike. “You can get what?” She asked, a little bit of confusion in her voice. The radio was silent for a moment, before the radio sputtered to life. “Change is coming to Equestria in the near future. By now, your director is dead, and your Agency crippled. I suggest you go home and bunker down for a bit, because all will change. L out.” Spitfire stopped for a moment, before running even faster towards the office. They reached it a few moments later to find it strangely empty. Spitfire strode over to the hoof scanner next to the door, and scanned her hoof. “Please provide vocal authentication.” stated a robotic voice. “Senior Agent Spitfire, SOD Alpha team. Override Sierra 117.” There was no reply for a few moments, before a loud whooshing sound rang out. “Welcome Agent Spitfire. The Director is currently unavailable, but you are welcome to look around and wait for him. Also, remember protocol 185.” The robotic voice replied, as the door swung open. They walked slowly into the room, and the three agents couldn’t hide their shock.

Several other agents were sprawled around the office, and the Director was sitting at his desk staring blankly ahead. Spitfire rushed over to the Director and checked for vital signs, and was surprised to hear him mutter something. She made out a word that started with Lau before the Director ceased breathing and his head slumped forward. “I failed you director. Requiescat in pace.” Spitfire murmured, before she closed the Director’s eyes. Suddenly the sound of a radio interrupted the silence in the room. “The Royal Guard just arrived, we’re driving back the hostiles. Agent Firestreak, how’s your situation?” Exclaimed someone over the radio. Soarin walked over to the live radio, and picked it up. “I’m sorry to say, but Firestreak is dead. We could use you guys back up here.” He replied solemnly. The line was silent for a while, before a sigh was heard. “We’ll be up momentarily, standby.” stated the pony on the other end, before the line went dead again. Suddenly, Spitfire spoke again. “Soarin, Fleetfoot, stay here and brief the the team when they arrive. I got to go intercept Agent Hawk and tell him about this evidence that we just recieved.” She ordered, before running over to the window overlooking Canterlot. Soarin opened his mouth to say something, but Spitfire was already gone, leaving the cool night air to slowly drift into the dark office.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay, having no power does things to some people. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it really develops the plot quite a bit. I will give congratulations to anyone who can find the two video game references that I put into the chapter, it's really quite obvious. Anyway, I'll see you around!
Bramble