• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 1,206 Views, 30 Comments

The Equestrian Intelligence Agency - General Soarin



When several of the Bearers Of Harmony disapprear without a trace, Princess Celestia fears that something sinister is going on, and orders the EIA to find out what is going on and put a stop to it.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,206

Epilogue

Rainbow Dash
Royal Palace, Canterlot, Equestria
1 Hour After End Of Operation Harmony
(Mitsubishi)

Today was a big day. They finished a mission so big, it literally shook Equestria to its core! Rainbow Dash lived for moments like these. She always wanted to make an impact, always wanted to put her hoof into Equestria’s history books. With her inside they might even be interesting! Grinning a little, Rainbow Dash trotted over to Sky Hawk. “Hey, Hawk! When are you gonna tell me where you got this armor?” she called out to him, prompting him to look at her.

She could practically feel his exasperation when he answered “For the last time, Agent Dash, it was sent to me anonymously! I don’t know where exactly it is from! Now please, let me prepare for the occasion. I had little contact with Princess Luna before and I want to leave a good impression.”

Holding back a laugh, Rainbow provided some tips. “She really likes to use her Royal Canterlot Voice, so you can score some points with her if you admit you want to listen to it for a while.” Sky Hawk was going to need a new set of ears afterwards!

Seeing him nod, the cyan mare prepared for her newest prank in her mind while she stretched her wings. With the Elements of Harmony all together, Rainbow Dash felt as awesome as ever. The only thing that bastard Laurence hurt more was her wings. She would need to rest them for a few days. It already felt like hell and made her more anxious than everything ever.

The door opened; the time for the meeting with Princess Luna had arrived. All of them trotted inside, the agents strategically positioned around them so they could be shielded from any attacks, just as learned. When they came to a stop, they only saw Luna sitting on her throne, not Celestia.

The other Elements were worried, but Rainbow Dash would fill them in later. How Princess Celestia had played with the lives of ponies all the time. How she had murdered Laurence’s parents and brought this upon herself. How even the bearers of the Elements were influenced by her hoof. How she lost her wings and horn. How she went from Princess Celestia, Alicorn of the Sun to Celestia the Earth Pony with a sunny butt. Hopefully they would take the news well. Honestly, she feared the most for Twilight.

Sudden loud shouting interrupted her train of thought. All of the ponies who knew Luna shielded their ears, but Sky Hawk and Spitfire looked like the Slendermare was chasing them. Luna’s Royal Canterlot Voice had that effect on ponies. After some loud shouting and begging from the two, and a sheepish look from Luna, the meeting went on.

“...and because of this, we decided to grant some distinctions to all ponies involved. Step forward, Spitfire of the Wonderbolts. You are granted the Royal Equestrian Medal of Valor for defending our beloved Equestria from a threat greater than anypony could have imagined.” Seeing Spitfire sputter was awesome! Was she so surprised about this? But, like the awesome mare that Spitfire was, she shook it off fast and accepted the medal with a dignified smile.

“Now step forward, Rainbow Dash!”

What? Princess Luna is going to give me a medal too? Awesome!

“You persisted against odds nopony ever before had to endure and went into battle greatly weakened, just to serve your country. Because of this, we will grant you too the Royal Equestrian Medal of Valor. Such loyalty must be rewarded even if it is your Element.”

Rainbow Dash had to admit that she squealed like a little filly. I received the same medal as Spitfire! And I get to stand next to her for the rest of the meeting! This day is simply perfect!

Beaming, Rainbow watched the medal hanging around Spitfire’s neck. Rainbow saw a few more agents being honored... heck, even Agent Scratch got one and she’d barely done anything! However, Rainbow noticed there was one pony left in the agency that didn’t receive any kind of reward but did contribute greatly in this case: Sky Hawk. Did Princess Luna forget about him?

Glancing to the side, Rainbow could see Spitfire was even more nervous than her. Maybe she needed to use the little fillies’ room? On closer examination, she kept glancing between Luna and Sky Hawk. Maybe she was worried about him too?

“Finally, there is one last pony I need to honor today. With great pleasure I pronounce Sky Hawk as the new director of the Equestrian Intelligence Agency! Sky Hawk, step forward.”

Wait, what? Sky Hawk gets to be my boss? Rainbow Dash thought. With a glance at Spitfire, the performer of the Sonic Rainboom had to force herself from gagging. The mare she looked up to, the professional flyer and the living dream of many pegasi was swooning about Sky Hawk? What?

Shaking her head in disgust, Rainbow looked forward to Sky Hawk. He just sat there on his haunches, for once completely baffled. Seems like he can be shocked by some things. Dash snickered at her thought, then yelled at Sky Hawk, “If you are not going to take that job, I’ll get it!”

That shook him awake, and he approached the Princess of the Night. “If you really think that I can serve Equestria best with this assignment, I will gladly accept. However, there is one condition.” He then turned to Spitfire. “Spitfire, will you be my marefriend?” he asked, with an unsure expression on his face.

THUNK! Looking to the side, Rainbow Dash saw Spitfire lying there unconscious. She fainted upon hearing his question? How lame! Rainbow Dash thought.

Shaking her head, the mare looked at Sky Hawk’s face and promptly started to laugh. He looked so stupid right now! Pinkie Pie joined her and even Applejack and some agents chuckled alongside them.

After that, the induction of Sky Hawk went down formally. Spitfire woke up sometime afterward beside Rainbow Dash, but didn’t say a word the entire time. She did look incredibly thoughtful, however. All in all, it was a pretty awesome day. They partied the whole day long and went on the train afterwards. Although flying was faster, Dash was glad to be with her friends again. Looking into the sunset, the mare thought, Now THAT was a good mission. I wonder what the next assignment will bring.

Author's Note:

Mitsubishi wrote this for me, I hope you like the way we summed this up. However, we got some alternate endings heading your way, so please stay tuned!