• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 1,206 Views, 30 Comments

The Equestrian Intelligence Agency - General Soarin



When several of the Bearers Of Harmony disapprear without a trace, Princess Celestia fears that something sinister is going on, and orders the EIA to find out what is going on and put a stop to it.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,206

Chapter 11: The Final Phase

Laurence
Fort Ashton, Griffin Kingdom
6 Hours after Launch Of Operation Harmony

“Finally, the moment to take down Celestia has arrived. I don’t know about you Dragonfire, but I’m incredibly excited about this moment.” exclaimed Laurence, as he strode into the room that was containing Archimedes. With Fluttershy’s element safely within Archimedes, Laurence now had enough power to launch the final phase of Operation Lau, which was to teleport into the royal palace, and confront Princess Celestia herself.

Dragonfire nodded, before throwing a metal belt and a set of hoof guards over to him. “Don’t worry Laurence; I’m sure as hell excited about this as well. Anyway, Archimedes is set to teleport you into Celestia’s personal quarters, and to drain Celestia’s magical energy into you. Just press the button once, and you should feel your magical energy increase. Press it three times in quick succession, and you’ll be brought back here.” Dragonfire explained, as Laurence put on the belt and gauntlets. Laurence nodded slowly, before clearing his throat. “Alright, sounds good. You may start the machine when ready.” He stated, before walking over to the spot in the center of the room. Dragonfire nodded, before pressing a button on Archimedes.

The machine made a beep, before motors started whirring up, and lights on the machine’s user interface started up. “Start-up sequence initiated. Switching to Elemental power.” Announced a robotic voice, before the machine beeped again. Laurence patiently listened to the machine whirring up, before Dragonfire walked over to him.

The two unicorns looked at each other for a few moments, before Dragonfire sighed deeply. “Do me a favor, and be careful, okay? You mean a lot to me, and it would pain me greatly to lose you.” She said softly, her voice wavering a bit. Laurence smiled, before placing a hoof on her shoulder. “Don’t worry Dragonfire, I’ll be fine. With the power of Archimedes on my side, the chance of defeat is extremely small. Even if they DO somehow defeat me, I can always teleport back here before they can finish me off.” He replied in a reassuring tone. Dragonfire looked at him for a few moments, and opened her mouth to speak when the robotic voice of Archimedes interrupted her.

“Startup sequence complete. Operational Template ‘Lau P3 Custom’ has been loaded. Awaiting authorization to launch.” It announced, as a green light on Laurence’s belt flickered on. Dragonfire sighed deeply, before slowly walking over to the control panel of Archimedes, and turned to face Laurence. Laurence quickly slapped his hoofguards together, and watched silently as two silver blades slid out. He swung them around for a few seconds, before tapping the hoofguards together again to retract the blades, and turned to face Dragonfire. “Alright, you know the plan. As soon as I teleport, evacuate the base except for a few members of the science team. I also expect you to leave as well Dragonfire, and get yourself back to your house. With luck, we shall see each other again in a few hours.” He stated, authority in his voice. Dragonfire nodded, before saluting, and put her hoof on the control panel. The machine beeped again, before it started humming. “Assistant Commander Dragonfire’s hoofprint identified. Commencing teleport.” Announced the voice, as Laurence’s belt started flashing green. Laurence closed his eyes, before sighing deeply to himself. Suddenly, there was a loud triple beep from Archimedes, before Laurence felt himself suddenly lurch violently upward. With a loud POP and a brilliant multi-colored flash, the black unicorn disappeared from the room, leaving behind a small, rainbow colored circle where he once stood.

§§§

Celestia turned off the valve, before sticking her hoof into the bath water to test the temperature. After the events at the EIA’s Ponyville Headquarters, the Princess immediately went to her private quarters to cool off, and had ordered the guards to prevent anyone from seeing her.

Celestia let out a deep sigh as she withdrew her hoof from the bathwater, before slowly removing her hoof guards. How could Agent Hawk do that? I am the ruler of ALL of Equestria! She thought to herself, as she slowly removed the rest of her armor. She lingered on her crown, gazing at it for a few moments, before placing it gently with the rest of her armor and climbed into the bathtub.

The water felt heavenly to Celestia, and she immediately felt her muscles relax before letting out a drawn out sigh. True, she had been openly defied by one of the top agents in the EIA, but Celestia knew she could deal with it quickly. The only hard part was finding a way to make Sky Hawk’s death seem natural. Celestia thought for a moment, before her mind drifted to her nephew, Prince Blueblood. He had a special talent in making a death look natural, and Celestia knew that he would do a job for her for free. Celestia smiled as she pictured all the creative ways that Sky Hawk could meet his unfortunate demise. One scenario involving Cyanide pleased Celestia the most, as she pictured the brown pegasus fiercely struggling for air, before hitting the ground like a sack of bricks, dead. Sky Hawk deserved to die for daring to defy the ruler of all Equestria.

Sitting in the bath, Celestia felt her thoughts going back to when Laurence’s parents had tried to defy her. Back then, Celestia was careless, and she didn’t bother trying to hide her actions. She had them executed quickly and quietly by way of unicorn squad, and didn’t bother to destroy the documentation of the whole ordeal. When the EIA was formed after the return of her sister, they had gathered all the documentation, but never looked back at it and deduced that something was wrong. Celestia just needed to find a way to destroy the evidence, before the EIA could look at it thoroughly. The EIA may not suspicious of her actions now, but if Celestia didn’t act soon, they soon would be.

Celestia was thinking about the EIA, and how it had progressed from it’s founding when her thoughts were violently interrupted by the sound of hooves suddenly hitting the floor in her room. She opened her mouth to ask who was there when the door leading into the bathroom blew open, and a black unicorn stallion with red eyes stepped into the bathroom. He smiled at Celestia for a few moments, before clearing his throat. “So we finally meet again Celestia.” He stated, a sinister tone in his voice. It was time for the confrontation.

Author's Note:

I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Next chapter should be out soon.... :twilightsmile: