• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 30 Comments

The Equestrian Intelligence Agency - General Soarin



When several of the Bearers Of Harmony disapprear without a trace, Princess Celestia fears that something sinister is going on, and orders the EIA to find out what is going on and put a stop to it.

  • ...
4
 30
 1,199

Prologue

"There better be a good reason why you woke me up," growled Princess Celestia as she took a seat on her royal throne. Moonlight filtered through the various windows in the room, basking the room in a bright silvery light.

Standing before Celestia's throne was a cyan Pegasus mare with magenta eyes and a distinctive rainbow-colored mane. The pegasus was dressed in a plain black suit and red tie, and had a pair of black shades hanging from one of the suit's two pockets. She slowly dipped her head in respect to the Princess before finally opening her mouth to speak. "Several of the Element Bearers have gone missing, Princess," announced the cyan pegasus.

Princess Celestia frowned before turning her gaze to one of the stained-glass windows. "What exactly do you mean by the word 'missing,' Agent Dash? How do you know they didn't just go on a simple evening stroll together and forgot to tell you about it?" asked the Princess, no emotion in her voice.

Rainbow Dash was silent for a moment before slowly shaking her head. "I don't think Twilight's team would call in a code red if she just went out for a late-night stroll with our friends," she replied, a very serious tone in her voice.

The Princess turned her attention back to Agent Dash before slowly nodding in agreement. "Well, that definitely signals that something went wrong, because Twilight's team wouldn't just call a code red if she went for a walk. Give me a situation report," ordered the Princess.

Agent Dash cleared her throat before telling the Princess everything that had happened. "Like I told you before, Twilight's team sent out a code red signal just before midnight, and requested that I get to the library ASAP. I told them that I would be there within several minutes, then threw on my suit and sped off to help them with whatever problem they were facing. I arrived at the Library only to find out Twilight was missing, and her team knocked out cold. I quickly sent a message to Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy's teams asking if they were having any problems at their posts while I looked for evidence that told me what happened. Of all the teams that were watching my friends, only Fluttershy's team managed to reply to my message, informing me that Fluttershy was sleeping peacefully in her house, and everything was normal. I figured that Fluttershy's team would soon drop out of contact, so I ordered them to wake Fluttershy and move her to our safe house in the Everfree Forest while I checked on the other teams. After that, I sped off to check out each house, only to find them all in the same state as Twilight's, with each friend missing and the teams knocked out. I then ordered several other teams to move in and secure each house while I traveled here to inform you of the news."

The Princess was silent for a few moments before slowly getting off her throne and sighing deeply. "Something sinister is going down, Agent Dash... and I am going to find out what it is and put a stop to it!" exclaimed Princess Celestia as she stomped her hoof on the ground.

Rainbow Dash nodded before letting out a quiet yawn. "Is there anything that you need me to do, Princess? Or is it okay to go home for the night?" Rainbow asked.

Princess Celestia gazed at Rainbow Dash for a few moments before slowly nodding her head. "If you really want to do something else for me, you could relay a message to Director Armor for me. Keep in mind that this offer is purely optional, if you are really tired and want to call it quits; after all, you've been working hard ever since midnight trying to figure out what happened to your friends, and you look like you could use some rest. I could simply just send someone else to relay the message if you want."

Rainbow Dash shook her head, reassuring the Princess that she could deliver the message before going back to her house. Princess Celestia slowly nodded, before clearing her throat. "Very well, Agent Dash; it's your decision, after all. Inform him of the current situation with the missing Bearers, and tell him that it is the EIA's job to discover what happened to them, and to rescue them if they are in any danger. Good luck Agent Dash. Now, off you go to the Director's quarters."

Rainbow nodded her head in understanding before giving a quick salute to the Princess and speeding out of the room. Princess Celestia sighed deeply to herself before slowly trudging back to her bedroom, leaving the vast throne room in an eerie silence.

Author's Note:

Just to clarify somethings for some people in case there was any confusion: First, Rainbow Dash's main job in the Agency is to keep watch over the other Element Bearers, and protect them if any trouble should arise (That's why she has teams monitoring each of the Main 6's houses.) She is also in charge of all EIA operations within Ponyville. My next bit of information: The current Director of the EIA is Shining Armor, so this mission is going to be very personal for him. Anyway, that's all for now, I hope you liked the prologue of the Equestrian Intelligence Agency! Until next time my friends, long live Equestria!