• Published 24th Jan 2013
  • 375 Views, 11 Comments

Aurum's Tears~ A Tale of Adventure - Spartan146



This is the tale of a mixed up magic seeping into our world, and taking someone with it.

  • ...
19
 11
 375

The Eternal Flow

Chapter 2: The Eternal Flow

Aurum felt pain. He felt pain all over. He knew he wasn’t in the library any longer. He looked down and he saw he was wearing a black leather vest. His vision blurred, he felt cold. His head felt like it was being split in two. His vision blurred again. He blinked twice and his vision cleared. He looked around. It wasn’t dark as he had originally thought; it was well lit, yet black. The area was black, but light came from all around him. He then saw that the walls were made of tiny black crystals, which gave off a sort of light, they constantly shifted but stayed in the same shape. Suddenly a symbol of a Sun appeared in gold on the wall. It was a sun as he could tell, a circle with rippled triangles coming out on each side, 8 of these triangles to be exact. A voice began to emit from the symbol, it said, “Aurum, you are the one.”

The voice seemed to be of a woman, it was also very warm and motherly, at the same time as regal and authoritative.

“W-where am I?” Aurum stuttered back.

“You are in a split between times, you are somewhere, yet nowhere, everywhere, yet limited,” the voice calmly replied.

“Is there a name for such a place?” Aurum asked skeptically.

“Yes, this place has a name, well… more of a nick name.”

“Well what is it, don’t hesitate now.”

“This place is called The Disharmony, if this place is destroyed…” The feminine voice trailed off as if worried.

“The Disharmony, eh? Well then, if this place were to be destroyed what exactly would happen now?” Aurum asked authoritatively.

“The balance between your time and mine would be lost, and they would be as one. If that happened the people like you… humans, would kill people like me, and experiment on us, if that happened to my people I would never forgive myself.”

“Umm… Your people?” Aurum seemed confused.

“You will find out in due time young one,” The voice said to him coolly.

Aurum just sat there dumbfounded; to him it seemed like magic. He was afraid and the voice knew it and said, “Do not be afraid Aurum, in all due time you will be one of us, one of my little ponies.”

Aurum passed out of utter surprise.

Aurum slowly stood back up, his head hurt, and he was shaking. The black shifting walls now had white dots like stars in a night sky. The blackness of the crystals had faded to a more purple hue. This time the symbol on the wall was a glistening silver moon. Another Voice began to emit from the wall, it was very similar from the last yet more accented and rustic. It spoke to Aurum saying, “Aurum, thou hast awakened.”

“Huh, wha-“Aurum groaned slowly

“I watched upon your dreams Aurum,” the voice calmly said.

“H-how did you what?” Aurum asked, angry and confused.

“I am the Princess of Night of course,” the voice stated matter of factly.

“Well excuse me Princess,” Aurum shot back snidely.

“If you were going to ask my name it is Luna,” the voice stated still calmly.

“Well then Luna, who was the last voice then?”

“That was my sister, The Princess of Day.”

“Her name?”

“She is Princess Celestia of the Day; I am Princess Luna of the Night.”

“That still doesn’t explain why you were watching my dreams.”

“I am also the guardian of Dreams; I am as well the Guardian of the Past.”

“So where am I, in my present or yours?”

“In no ones, but you came from the past and are heading toward my present, I am your guide here.”

“How will I get there then, won’t it make a big fuss?”

“Ha, Ha, Ha, no no, you will appear as a traveler.”

“But wouldn’t it scare them, I am a human after all.”

“Not for much longer, look at your new vessel,” Luna said and next to her symbol on the wall a screen appeared. On the screen there was a grassy hill under a starlit night with a full moon. All around the hill were apple trees; they looked beautiful on the purplish background and the ambiance of the moonlight. On the grassy hillside a young colt with reddish brown fur and a golden mane and tail. He had a leather suit and vest on, a black cowboy hat lay next to him. Over his hooves were military boots that were also black. Aurum looked at the screen and back to the symbol and asked,” Is that me?”

“Yes,” Luna replied, “And when the sun rises you will leave this realm, your human body will stay, but you will awaken in that body. The final days of Western Darkness will end.”
END OF CHAPTER 2

Author's Note:

Total Characters: 3