• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 9,056 Views, 338 Comments

The Breaking of a Non-Brony - BronyWriter



TD meets Discord and Discord uses him to try to defeat the Elements and Princess Celestia.

  • ...
24
 338
 9,056

Alternate Ending: Not Quite as Good but Ultimately More Satisfying

If you liked the original ending for how powerful and bleak it was, don't read this ever. In fact, you might not want to read it because it's kind of dumb but in a fun way. If you didn't like the original ending because TD really needs to be cut a break for once for goodness sake, I present you with...

TD continued staring at the wall for a few more seconds. This really was it, wasn't it? He was essentially about to die if not physically then mentally. TD sighed and slowly got to his feet. No reason he couldn't face it like a man.

He turned around and walked up to the window. Sure enough the Elements were there, saying something to Discord. Huh, Rarity looked beyond livid right now. It was probably because she had found Sweetie Belle. TD supposed that he couldn't blame her for that. He would have been pretty mad too and he supposed that on some level he was but...

There was nothing left. No emotions anymore. His own mental death was about to occur one way or the other, and he couldn't bring himself to care at all. The Elements and Discord were talking to each other, probably some stereotypical good guy/bad guy schlock. It'd be soon now. They looked determined but at the same time there was an unmistakable hint of sadness and pain in their demeanors.

The Elements were firing up now. They were...they were glowing and shooting out... uh, their beams of... No...no this couldn't actually be happening!

TD took a frightened step back away from the window. This was it, it wasn't a dream, it was reality. Despite himself he really wanted to... scream. Tears of fear were already welling up in the corners of his eyes as he continue to back up as if the only thing that gave him hope was the notion that getting as far away from the inevitable blast would somehow free him if he...

The bright rainbow blast shot out of the individual Elements and just as they did, TD found himself in control of his body once again. He knew the Elements could see that. Discord's confidence and wild eyes would be replaced by his fear and normal ones.

Suddenly, TD was thrown back with a bang, The feeling he experienced was akin to somebody grabbing him by the waist and pulling him backwards to protect him from a speeding car in the middle of the road. He hit the ground, banging his head on the soil dazing him for a moment.

He took several deep breaths. If this was what being encased in stone was like, it wasn't quite as bad as he imagined. He didn't dare open his eyes for a moment, expecting to find Discord standing over him with a smug grin on his face, extolling the positives of being trapped with him and what they should do together when they get out as they inevitably would.

But... that wasn't happening.

Discord wasn't commanding him to open his eyes, he wasn't getting the feeling that he was dead and... it almost sounded like Twilight was talking.

His eyes shot open revealing the Elements of Harmony standing in front of him, their mouths open in shock. Twilight's was moving up and down, she was speaking to him. TD rubbed his temples to clear his head and Twilight's words slowly became clearer.

"TD? Are you okay?"

TD slowly got to his feet and looked around. "Did...did the Elements just free me?"

The Mane Six stared at him in silence for a moment before Pinkie Pie let out a loud squee of excitement and tackled TD in a giant hug. "YOU'RE ALIVE!!! You...YOU'RE OKAY!!!!"

For the first time in a long time, a genuine smile appeared on TD's face and he returned the pink mare's violent hug. "Yeah.. I guess I kinda am, aren't I?"

The Mane Six all joined in with the hug and soon they were all laughing joyfully at TD's freedom.

After a few moments, a snarky voice cut through the joy, bringing them out of their happiness. "If you all wouldn't mind paying attention, I'd like you to either free me or finish the job."

The Mane Six and TD looked over to the source of the noise and to their surprise they saw none other than Discord; encased in stone from the waist down, hands included, encased in stone. A sly smile spread across TD's face and he got to his feet and half skipped over to Discord. "Well, looks like the shoe is on the other foot, wouldn't you say?"

Discord's scowl deepened. "Oh as if you could hurt me anyway. You forget, TD, that I am a god and you are simply a human and a weak one at that."

TD sighed and nodded in agreement. "Yes, but I can't begin to imagine how good this will feel," he said. "I don't recall it hurting my hand at all when I punched you."

Discord snorted. "It would after a while. You are as weak physically as you are mentally."

"I'll concede that," said TD with a nod, "but that's why I'll switch from my hand to..."

TD paused and looked around. Discord had carried his walking stick with him for the most part and as far as he was aware, he had it before they had hit him with the Elements. He frowned and scanned the ground for it and his eyes eventually landed on it. To his absolute surprise, the walking stick was glowing with a bright rainbow glow.

Twilight gasped when she saw it as TD picked it up. "I've heard about this!' she whispered. "But I wasn't sure if it was true!"

TD cocked his head. "What? What happened to it?"

Twilight walked up to the walking stick and examined it for a moment before nodding. "Clovevellian staves cannot break and as such occasionally will absorb something that strengthens them even more. Discord used it to try to block the Elements of Harmony so unless I'm mistaken..." Twilight turned to TD. "Your Clovevellian Staff has absorbed some of the powers of the Elements of Harmony."

TD's jaw dropped ever so slightly as he looked from his staff to Discord. "Does that mean...does that mean that if I hit him with this it'll hurt him?"

Twilight's ears flattened slightly. "Well yeah I think..."

But TD had already walked off. "I'll be right back!" he called over his shoulders.

The Mane Six didn't ask where he was going, they didn't want to. When he walked off it was apparent that TD had a plan and they didn't want to interfere with it. Discord had been privy to their conversation and as such he was looking a little nervous.

"You know people can change, see the errors of their ways," said Discord nervously. "Wasn't that supposed to be a plan that Celestia had for me?"

"We're not talking to you," said Rarity coldly. "Sweetie Belle will have been changed back, but whatever TD is doing I want a part of it!"

They didn't have to wait for more than five minutes before TD came back. Under his arm was his laptop computer of all things. "I remember that you dropped a lot of things off at my house before you started my rampage," said TD as he walked up to Discord and placed the laptop on the ground. "I figured that if I was going to do this then I had better do it right."

Discord shifted nervously as best as he could. "TD I want you to know--"

TD fixed Discord with the biggest glare that he could. "Shut. The. ****. UP!"

The Mane Six gasped but TD was in the process of opening up something on his computer. Twilight walked up to him and nervously placed her hoof on his shoulder. "TD, we can just turn him back to stone and you don't need to do anything bad."

"I know," said TD. "Have you ever heard the phrase 'the straw that broke the camel's back?" Twilight nodded. "Well, then you can imagine that being possessed by Discord and watching him do all of those things to ponies I've legitimately come to care about right after I was told that I'm stuck in Equestria for the rest of my life... Well, you can imagine how that might be more like the boulder that broke the camel's back."

"TD I know..."

TD raised a hand and cut Twilight off. "You remember the song that I played at the Gala, right?" he said. "It's one of my personal favorites. It's by Steeler's Wheel and it's in a favorite movie of mine."

"TD--"

TD ignored Twilight and pressed play on his computer as the familiar melody began playing from his speakers. TD rhythmically began dancing to the music, just like in the movie. Before long TD began singing along to the music, readying his Clovevellian Staff for the penultimate moment. Discord for his part was growing steadily more nervous but as his nervousness increased so too did TD's mad smile.

Clowns to the left of me.

TD swung his staff backwards like a baseball player aiming for a home run

Jokers to the right.

TD moved closer to Discord and got into the proper stance.

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

...

...


...

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

Author's Note:

Since most people disliked the original ending, I decided to throw the dog a bone so to speak and make a more satisfying one. This isn't canon, but I give you permission to pretend that it is.

Is this contrived? You bet. Is it dumb? Yep. Should you take it seriously at all?

Absolutely not.

Comments ( 70 )

TD sighed and nodded in agreement. "Yes, but I can't begin to imagine how good this will feel," he said. "I don't recall it hurting my hand at all when they ."

Something should probably be after the "they." Other than that, it was a nice chapter. Although I don't really like dark endings, I think the original ending works much better. Other than that, good chapter.

I like both endings, although, the original ending fit the stories bleak tone much better. I almost feel bad for Discord, because if TD is swearing at you, well, you've really fucked up.

2264337 Fixed.

Of course the original one works better, but this was just a for fun pick-me-up.

Can never go wrong with Reservoir Dogs.:rainbowlaugh: To bad Discord doesn't have ears and TD doesn't have a knife.:pinkiecrazy:

How many alternate parts will be put into TD's Story?

2264417 Discord has ears according to the picture I have up there.

2264427 This'll probably be the last.

2264462 of all of TD's legacy? You've made so many different ways to go, that I don't believe you. Plus, I'm hoping for that Cheerilee x TD love story

2264475 not to be obnoxious, but it's complicated... :pinkiehappy:

"Not Quite as Good"? :twilightoops:
...THE ORIGINAL ENDING WAS HORRIBLE.

2264494 'bleak' and 'poorly written' are different. In terms of mechanical quality and flow, the original was better. Yes this is happier and more satisfying.

Rarity skips beside TD, while softly singing: "Discord's gonna get it" :raritywink:

This made me grin, non-canon or not, I just love seeing things go in TD's favour for once.

He friggen' deserves it after the sh*t he's had to put up with in this timeline.

You god among men, you.

And thus the story ended much like Swag.mov...With Discord's severed head flying away into the sky comically >.>

Hmmm... It's good to see things going OK for TD for once... but the other ending have a lot of potential for future chapters and it matched bettr the mood of the whole fic.

2264985 That's why it's the canon ending and this is just something fun I whipped up.

You make the best story's the fastest!! I SALUTE THEE!!!! And I mustache thee! :moustache:

2265089

And, ironically, the non-canon ending could be fitted somewhere around the canon TD-verse.

I'm not much one for comments,(So little infact that I just made this account for this comment despite having been keeping up on your stories since November) but after reading that last bit about most people disliking the original ending I just thought I'd pop in and let you know that atleast one reader thought it was pretty good.

Depressing? yes.
Left me yearning for a follow up?(as opposed to this alternate) Absolutely.
Did it need a follow up? No.

But you probably knew all that. Still, this one is fun, and it reads fine so there is of course no harm in it. I do enjoy the original one more. Whatever the opinion of one guy is worth to you.

Keep up the good work.

2265242 I prefer the original more which is why I wrote it and it's canon, not this one. It was just a fun whatever chapter and not meant to be taken seriously in the slightest.

:trixieshiftleft: Nopony Here

:trixieshiftright: Nopony There

Here I Am,Stuck In The Middle With You:pinkiecrazy:

Haha!Quite A Cute(If I Am Allowed To Call It That) Alternate Ending,I Think It's Pretty Satisfying To Some Readers.

I Like Both The Endings,They're Bittersweet Together :3.

Haha. That ending made me imagine the most hilariously painful things happening to that assholey god of chaos.

Poor Discord... :fluttercry:

I prefer the canon ending. This feels way too much like something horrible happened, and then things went right back to the way they were. Still, I have an urge to... No, no I won't do it... Can't... Resist... Pointing out...

...and he returned ^the pink mare's violent hug.
...and she ^he got to his feet and half skipped over to Discord.

... Errors.
...Yeah... :twilightsheepish:

"Clovevellian staves cannot break and as such occasionally will absorb something that strengthens them even more. ..."

In this alternate ending, Clovevellian staves are goblin-made. Good for killing chaos gods and magical snakes. :pinkiecrazy:

2266965 Dude, I like it when you point out errors. It makes the chapters tighter.

Not canon... isn't this entire story considered non-canon? And if this is, are they all considered canon, 'cause I be Confused.

2267021 Non-canon in this particular timeline.

2266990 I'm glad you appreciate it, but my impulsive error-checking of everything I read is getting out of hoof, to the point where I have little time left to do anything else. So I'm trying, and so far failing, to break the habit. :derpytongue2:

2267021 This ending is non-canon to the canon of The Breaking of a Non-Brony, as The Breaking of a Non-Brony is non-canon to the canon of No, I Am Not a Brony, and as No, I Am Not a Brony is non-canon to the canon of the show. It's like an ogre. It has layers. :twilightsmile:

fairly satisfying ending, though as dark as this may seem, i wanted somthing worse to happen to the CMC and to TD. I feel horrible saying that, but its true.:pinkiecrazy:

While this ending may have been amusing to a point, as much as im not the biggest fan of grimdark or sadness i have to say i still enjoyed the original ending. It was left open and the impression that i got from it was that sure TD had been "broken" but things that are broken can always be fixed. But for now I shall be amused with the ides of TD swinging Reginald and hitting Discord to the beat of this song.:derpytongue2:

I listened to the song as TD began playing it on his laptop. That gave such a perfect mental image that I'll overlook this entire chapter being written to make people feel better about the story. I kinda feel like I should draw it out so I can share the beauty of it...

Fuck, drawing wouldn't do justice. It would need a whole music video dedicated to it for somebody to get the whole effect.

Well Discord got murdered at last...... The TD Way XD If only TD bashed blueblood in the head
And this one can link to wandering just like the other one
And This should become A Youtube series

2274534 The story? That would be cool.

2363781 They way I see it is I would rather have a powerful ending rather than a happy one.

This is one of those stories that are goin to stay on 'Read Later' forever, isn't it?

Did you guys know the actor who was Discord in my little pony: FIM, he was the person who played as Q from star trek, Being a brony and trekkie, i noticed that right away lol just thought i'd let you all know that fun fact, and keep up the Great Storys... and i have a question, im going to start making my own story and i dont know where to begin do you have any sugestions??? :pinkiehappy:

2433179 Hmm... I don't know, it depends on what the story is.

As for Herr De Lancie, yes that's the idea. Discord is based on Q from Star Trek and they were lucky to get him for the job.

2433186 See thats the problem, i dont know where to begin... i did how ever write down a bunch of thoughts, and ideals but its on my computer at high school lol...

2433386 Do you have a genre in mind? Characters? Basic story idea?

2503671 Yeah, this one is considerably darker but it never gets gory or anything like that.

Now I want to see the Element-Charged Clovevellian staff in Wanderings, in some sort of epic fight or something.

It may not be the original ending, but it's damn funny still.

2830003 That's fair. TD is meant to be funny and occasionally tragic.

I read the ending and I got an evil grin plastered on my face thank you bronywriter good story

Would have been awesome if TD managed to take Discord's powers somehow, I mean, possession is a finicky thing, what if TD just found the line between his, and Discord's soul and/or mind? Could he take whatever he wanted from Discord? GOD I WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT! :pinkiehappy:

I was gonna see if this was a good one but I SAW THE DARK TAG! lame. mor like de limbing, eye poking, dismembering, chainsaw bloodbath of doom tag.

3437063 None of which happens in this story, but sure, don't read it.

3437077ehhhh screw it I'm gonna read!:applejackunsure:

I'm not gonna I read the warning and... I'm not gonna.

Login or register to comment