• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,855 Views, 28 Comments

Maybe and after... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 11 to the Maybe series. Follow the main character thought his newest magical mishap. (You're welcome to start at any part but if you want a better understanding of the overall plot start at the beginning.)

  • ...
2
 28
 1,855

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 (Three little problems)

It’s been a few hours since Twilight left; there has been nothing to do and no one really to talk to. It’s not that you always have something to do it’s just this is the first time you don’t have Twilight around. You realize how antisocially you have been over the past few months. You would try talking to Spike again but you have heard enough about Rarity for one day.

Spike sweeps the ground near where you are sitting. “You know if your board we could go to Rarity’s and…”

“No, Spike I don’t want to go to Rarity’s.”

Spike’s happy smile is replaced as he mutters something under his breath. “Why don’t you read a book or something?”

You look at Spike out of the corner of your eye, read? Obviously this dragon doesn’t know you. “Sure Spike bring me a book.”

You watch as Spike brings over a small stack of books and sets them on the table in front of you.

You stare at the stack, now if only I could hold a book….

Spike goes back to sweeping as you continue to stare at the stack. You reach for one of the books with your hooves but the book slides off the table and hits the ground. “I hate hooves.” You stare at the book for a moment; you try to picture one of the books floating in front of you. A few seconds of consecration and sure enough one of the books starts to float off the stack. You’re happy you found a way to hold a book, you bring the book to face you as you read the title, Magic for derpys. You stare at the book for a moment I thought I burnt you?

You set the book down next to the pile, you bring the next book in front of you, How to Train your Dragon. I think I saw that movie; you place the book down and bring the next one up. 'Road To Nowhere', You place this book down on your not readable stack and continue to look through the books. You surprised at some of the titles you read, 'Mare Wolf.' You stare at the title for a few minutes.

You open the book and look though if you’re surprised that the title really did mean what you thought. You skim the book for a few moments and then place it in another pile.

You quickly look through the other books titles to see if there is anything else to read, you stop at one more title Heat. You look at the tile and smile, maybe it’s about a fire pony, you hold that thought as you open the book. One of the pages is marked so you open to this page and start reading.

Chapter 1, unicorn heat

The title looks cool so you continue to read.

A young unicorn will be in heat for….

You close the book. Definitely not what I thought it was, you say to yourself as you float it to the not readable pile. You look at the ground and notice the book that fell off when you first tried to look though the titles; you hover the book back up to you. 'The three little ponies.'

Before you open it you hear the door open. You don’t turn to see who it is because the last four ponies to entre where just dropping books off.

You hear a high pitched laugh coming from behind you “Your reading?”

The tomboyish voice coming from behind you can only be from one pony. “Hi Rainbow.”

You turn to face her and you notice she has a book tucked under her left wing. You point at the book she has under her wing. She looks down and push the book further under her wing “YA well I don’t sit around on a nice day reading, you know.”

You look out of the window and notice it is a nice sunny day out, but you decide to not change the subject. “What do you read?”

Rainbow slow lets her wing up as she grabs for the book, “Daring do.”

You look over the book as she holds it up to you. “It’s like Indiana Jones?”

“What?”

You realize she would have no idea who you’re talking about, “Never mind.”

Rainbow flies over to a bookshelf and places the book. “Ya Twilight lets me read all the series.”

She pulls a book from the shelf, “You should read the series it’s pretty good.”

“Hi Rainbow need any help finding anything?”

Rainbow turns to face Spike, “Spike are you ok?”

Spike looks to you “Why does everypony keep saying that?”

“Your pink dude.”

Spike looks over his scales “I thought it was fading!” You both watch as Spike runs up the stairs.

Rainbow turns back to you “Twilight?” you nod your head. “Well Twilight asked me to stop by and see if you two were ok, so you’re ok right?” Ya right I soooo DON’T baby sit.” Rainbow flies over to you “What are you reading anyways?”

You quickly knock the heat book off the table as you scramble for a book. You point to the close book you can find. Rainbow grabs the book and begins to laugh. “Three little ponies? That book is for fillies and colts!”

You look at the book, you honestly don’t see a problem in reading a little kids book. Your favorite book is green eggs and ham mainly because you have used it so many times in book reports but still it’s not bad.

You stare at her hooves as the grasp the book, “How do you ponies hold things?”

Rainbow looks you over, “Seriously?”

You nod in response.

Rainbow sets the book down on the table, “Twilight never went over this with you?” You again shake your head. “Well humans have hands kind of like dragons so you would use fingers or claws to grab things.” You nod as she continues “But as you can see no fingers.” She shoves her hoof in your face. “We hold things using a form of magic.”

You stare at her “But I though only unicorns had magic?”

Rainbow looks at her hooves “Well ya but every pony has some kind of magic that’s how we get our cutie marks.”

You think about the word, cutie mark? “What’s that?”

Rainbow stares at you “Again seriously? What did Twilight teach you?”
You blankly stare back.

Rainbow turns to the side and points to her cloud and rainbow bolt that sets on her upper thigh. “This is a cutie mark. I got this baby from doing a sonic rainboom!” Her voice gets really high pitched towards the end of her sentence and you know she is about to explain something you have no knowledge of. You try and ignore her as you stare at the mark, you always thought it was just a tattoo every pony got to identify them you never thought it was something special.

You poke her mark with your hoof. Right as your hoof touches her you feel her hoof run across your face as she smacks you. “What THE HAY do you think you’re doing!?”

You look at her, her face is blushing and her wings are sprawled out. “Ummm I don’t know?”

Her voice is high pitched and kind of whine “Everypony knows that cutie marks are ticklish.”

You laugh at her comment, note to self Rainbow hates to be tickled.

Rainbow mocks your laugh “Very funny, why don’t you hold a book with your hooves?”

You stare at the book and watch as it gets a purple glow around it; you float the book in front of her and give a sly smile.

Rainbow bats the book from her face, “So you can still do magic should I be impressed?”

You hold the book in the air and think, well yes…yes you should.
You are about to say something but your train of thought is side tracked as the book you hold starts to glow brighter. You and Rainbow stare at the book as the pages start to flip back and forth in a fast motion. Little sparks of magic begin to fly off of the book as it continues to flip pages.

“OK now that’s kind of cool, you want to stop now?”

You stare at the book trying to figure out why it won’t stop. The sparks from the book began to get bigger and they start to get the shape of tentacles. You drop the book “Nope, nope, nope.” As the book hits the ground a blinding purple light fills the room and you feel yourself being sucked towards the book.

End of chapter 2