• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 13,913 Views, 189 Comments

A Queen & You - Lord of Nothing



You find Chrysalis, the Queen of the Changelings herself, on your your porch. What do you do next?

  • ...
35
 189
 13,913

Part I, Chapter IV - New Day, New Beginnings

You wake up sometime hours later, but do not instantly open your eyes, not yet ready to fully greet the world.

Your arms extend as far out as they possibly can, while a slight uncontrollable wiggle in your leg tosses the blanket off your leg. Instead of fishing to get it back over yourself though, you curl into the fetal position and fish your phone out from your pocket, making the first thing you see today your surprisingly bright screensaver.

It takes a second to adjust, but you manage to focus long enough to make out that the time is now a little past eight in the morning; thank God you do not have work today, otherwise you would be up a creek.

And, now that your eyes are finally open, you decide it is about time to give the new day a good looking at. Unfortunately though, one of the first things you see just about scares your pants off.

Chrysalis is laying on her side, much like she did when you first brought her in, though this time seeming much more... alive. It is a somewhat odd sight to behold for many reasons, but some part of you makes a split-second choice to not think about any of them at the moment, and instead, you freeze up.

What is she doing out here? Why isn't she in your room? What will happen if you wake her up? What will happen when she wakes herself up?

Questions race from one side of your head to another, but you manage to keep everything calm and collected on the outside. All you really know for certain right now is that you do not want a repeat of whatever nonsense you carried on with last night, because that would no doubt only make things worse for you than they already were (again).

You slip your phone back into your pocket, suddenly becoming acutely aware of the sound your hand makes as it slides against both the inside of the pocket and the blanket.

With nothing better to do now than keep quiet, you twist your head to get a glance outside. Unfortunately though, there is not too much to look at other than a thick blanket snow, with a somewhat lighter covering on your balcony; how deep any of it truly is is hard to determine in your current situation.

You tire of looking at frost, and instead turn back to observe at your guest.

Once again, she is an incredibly odd creature, which is something that you just cannot get over, no matter what explanation you come up with to reason her design being what it is. And, if the jet-black coat did not grab your attention right away, there was a myriad of things decorating her body that would act as perfect substitutes.

Take, for example, her long and gnraled horn, which sits at the top of her head, or rather, closer to the forehead: what purpose does it truly serve? You have seen many episodes of My Little Pony beforehand, but never once did you see anybody ever do anything like try and stab somebody else, so that couldn't be it. Perhaps it was really nothing more than a quick artistic choice of one of the people who worked on the show.

That thought causes you to start thinking down a path totally unrelated to anything you were just doing, or the situation you have found yourself in: what would happen if Chrysalis were to see herself in some form of media if she believes that she is the only Chrysalis?

All of your thoughts quickly start turning a bit too much towards a scene from Toy Story for your liking, so it actually relieves you slightly when Chrysalis makes her first move on the floor. However, such an action on her part also terrifies you, on account of your overactive thoughts contemplating whatever terrible fate may lie ahead.

You panic and close your eyes until you can just barely see through your eyelashes, hoping that it tricks her into thinking you are still asleep, perhaps letting you get a sneak peek at what she may or may not have in mind for you.

First, she sighs and stretches out all four legs as far as they can go, with the end of each hoof skimming the bottom front edge of the loveseat you are laying on. Then, in much the same fashion as a dog, she lifts her head without moving the rest of her body, giving quick glances around the immediate area, as if trying to remember were she is. Finally, her gaze settles on you for a moment before she lays back down, apparently alright with everything she has seen.

You wait before letting out your own small sigh of relief, beyond relieved that nothing ended up happening; that unfortunately did not mean that something could not happen during her next stirring, though.

The worry of what may or may not happen is actually starting to get to you, forming a knot in your stomach, which seems to be in cahoots with your colon, as you quickly find yourself having to go.

Now things are starting to heat up.

Chrysalis had unintentionally allowed for a nice little square to be formed between herself, her legs, and the couch, which, in turn, acts as a kind of landing pad for your feet to step in.

You slowly sit up, creating a ninety-degree angle with yourself, and, with one more motion, throw your legs off the edge of the loveseat and plant your feet firmly in the center of the square Chrysalis made. So far, so good.

Then you very carefully step over Chrysalis's hind legs and thank your landlord for doing something right with her idea of carpeted flooring, as it allows for you to stealthily make your way to the bathroom.

You take a quick listen for any signs of something possibly having woken Chrysalis, but nothing comes, so you drop your pants and get to taking care of your business.

Slowly but surely, the knot in your gut undoes itself. You wipe, flush, and stand to pull up your pants, but when you look back up, instead of seeing your usually bland, white walls, you come face to face with the glowing green eyes of Queen Chrysalis.

How did you miss her? How long had she been there?

More questions race, but stop as soon as you fall backwards, startled, landing on the toilet seat and continuing to stare up at her.

Fortunately though, despite everything else you currently could not do, you still find yourself able to talk.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" you shout, loud enough to get the point across without being too angry-sounding.

"Isn't it simple, Creature?"

She leave it at that, apparently actually expecting you to come up with an answer.

"No, of course it isn't, so please, what are you doing in here?"

You really did not have any reason to ask your question again, as she more than likely knew exactly what she was doing, and, should she be even half of what she was last night, she will not tell you anyway.

"It's simple: I'm observing you."

You mouth the word to yourself, confused for multiple reasons, and she seems to take notice.

"You see, Creature, your Queen feels that, if she is going to survive in whatever Celestia-forsaken place you call this, she is, unfortunately going to have to... rely... on you. Only for the time being, though! Should you ever suspect that your Queen is becoming weak, I will gut you and bathe the Drones in your blood! Are we understood?"

You really had no choice but to nod, despite how out-of-character she just made herself seem. After all, she did just reveal what her intentions were, kind of glossed over how she felt about it all, and, to top it all off, threatened to brutalize you should you do her wrong; basically, everything other than the threat was pretty new to you.

Was she feeling alright? Is it something to do with the cold weather? Maybe a good nap was all it took to get her back in order.

You brush off all thoughts regarding the Queen and collect yourself, standing back up as she takes her own few steps back, accommodating for you, actually giving you a tiny bit of free space.

You nod again, and, just to really confirm your understanding of what she said, ask, "So, my Queen, are you feeling hungry?"

It takes a moment, but finally, you get a reluctant nod from her, with the action no doubt killing her in some way on the inside. So, with that, you manage to squeeze by and get infrontof her, leading the way back towards the kitchen.

Author's Note:

I typed this up in about two hours and it was one of the most natural things I've done in a while. I think I might be back to stay for another long while this time.

Also, sorry for the shortness and somewhat rushed ending. I promise I'll make up for it.