• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 9,435 Views, 116 Comments

Ponyville High - Midori_Kuroba



A romantic comedy where the characters are human and go to high school.

  • ...
9
 116
 9,435

Chapter 7: Chaotic Transfer Student (IWS)

Author’s Note: IWS stands for improved writing style, as this series will be written in a past tense with improved paragraphing from now on.

Ponyville High
Ch. 7: Chaotic Transfer Student

Twilight Sparkle was sitting on the steps to the main building, waiting out front for the new student she’d been warned about. She was sitting there for a long time, wanting to be there as soon as he arrived just in case. While she waited she was reading another book, this time titled ‘At the Mountains of Madness’. The title felt appropriate to the day she was expecting. Then she noticed someone was standing behind her, and when she looked back she saw Trixie looming over her. “Trixie? What are you doing here?”

“The beautiful and popular Trixie couldn’t let you handle this yourself Twilight Sparkle. As a threat to the peace of this school, it is Trixie’s duty to assist you with this delinquent when he arrives.” She sat down next to Twilight, flipping her hair back with a jerk of her neck. “We are still not friends. Trixie just thought extending the truce would be beneficial to all of us.” Trixie yelped as Twilight gave her a hug with a big smile. “What are you hugging Trixie? Unhand me at once you commoner!”

“Thanks Trixie. Luna and Spike were too busy to help me, so I’m glad you’re here.” Twilight smiled and gave Trixie some space.

Trixie blushed and cleared her throat. “Um… don’t mention it… And I mean that, don’t you dare mention this to anyone ever! I have a reputation of hating you to build upon and I will destroy you if you ruin that for me!” Twilight laughed, but got cut off by a limo arriving at the base of the steps. They both got up and stared worriedly. “The beautiful and popular Trixie is beginning to have second thoughts.”

“Don’t worry Trixie. He’s just a really bad student from a foreign land. How bad can Discord be?” The door swung open, and out stepped the oddest looking individual they had ever seen.

The boy was tall and lanky, his hair a black mohawk. His pants were brown, the right sleeve torn off to reveal a dragon tattoo spiraling around and up his leg. On his right foot was a green croc, a pink ankle sock beneath it. On his other foot was a black boot, his pants sleeve rolled up to his knee to reveal an orange and yellow striped stocking. He was wearing a grey long sleeve shirt, the sleeve on the right side being torn off like his pants. The logo on the front of the shirt was a shattered balance symbol. The matching stocking to the one on his leg ran up his right arm, holes cut into the end for his fingers to slip through, and on his other hand was a black glove. On his back was a blue pegasus wing on the left, as well as a black dragon like wing on the right. He had a lengthy goatee and bushy eyebrows, both dyed white, and a single fang sticking out the right of his mouth. Behind his right ear was a twig, covered in leafy branches, and behind his left ear was a quill for writing. His eyes were red and surrounded by yellow, his pupils white. He put a top hat on his head, covering his mohawk, and strut up the steps lugging a large suitcase behind him.

He smiles to them and says, “So you must be the welcoming committee. Or are you just two love birds spending time together on the front steps?”

“You must be Discord.” Twilight crossed her arms and glared. “I’ve heard a lot about you. We’re here to make sure that you behave yourself.”

Trixie nodded in agreement and said, “Indeed! Besides, even if the beautiful and popular Trixie was a lesbian, she could do much better than Twilight.” Twilight slaps her forehead and glares at Trixie. “Well she could.”

Discord laughs and says, “How charming. It seems that you two have a simply ‘chaotic’ bond with each other. I do like that.” He picked up his suitcase and shoved it into Trixie’s arms, making her stumble backward and over the stone railing of the staircase with a yelp. “Yes, I’m Discord, delinquent extraordinaire. I find it quite humorous that you would take it upon yourself to keep me in line. I’ll let you in on a secret. I’m going to bring this school into pure chaos, and get expelled! And when I do, your dear princess Celestia will have to deal with me twenty four seven out of the goodness of her heart.”

“This suit case is full of bricks!” cried Trixie from the nearby grass.

“Why are you doing this Discord?” Twilight’s glare transformed into a gaze of concern. “What made you want to do this? I know it’s hard to get by in a foreign land, but we just want to help you.”

Discord slapped his sock hand to her mouth, and said in a rather malicious tone, “I don’t need your sympathy, so put a sock in it!”

He marched into the building, Twilight using her magic to free and help Trixie back up. The two of them ran after him catching up quickly. Twilight smiled and said, “Maybe we got off on the wrong foot. I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

“And I am the beautiful and popular Trixie!” Trixie snapped her fingers, and her hands glowed as small fireworks went off behind her.

Discord kept his gaze forward and said, “And I am the grand templar of the ‘doesn’t give a buck society’. You can follow me around all you want girls, but you can’t stop me from making chaos.”

With a rather cocky grin, Twilight said, “We can with our Unimare magic. Now you’re going to go straight to the office, register your classes, and then go to them.”

And uproar of laughter echoed through the halls of the school, as Discord held his sides in tears. “Unimare magic, that’s a good one! You Unimares’ are all the same, cocky and arrogant, because you think you’re the only race with magic in this world. Well, I got a little surprise for you from the Draconequu nation.” He snapped his fingers, and all the lockers in the hall flung open. Then any and all papers in them sprayed out into the hall, filling it with a fog of square white sheets.

Trixie and Twilight screamed as they were assaulted by paper, and when everything calmed down Discord had vanished. Twilight went pale and searched the halls around them as fast as she could. “This could end really badly. Come on Trixie, we may need my friends’ help on this one!”

Meanwhile in the courtyard, Apple Bloom was with a pair of her friends: Sweetie Belle the Unimare and Scootaloo the Winglie. Sweetie Belle had curly pink and purple hair, and wore a lovely dress made by her older sister Rarity. Scootaloo had short purple hair and wore black gym shorts and an orange T-shirt that matched her wings. Scootaloo looked to her friends and said, “Okay girls, I know what we’re going to do today! We’re gonna pull pranks!”

Sweetie Belle scratched her head and wondered aloud, “Shouldn’t we focus on homework or something? This doesn’t seem like a productive use of our free time.”

“You no longer get an opinion!”

Apple Bloom laughed and said, “We’re just having a little fun Sweetie. It helps us unwind, and then we can focus on our homework.”

The good natured girl sighed and shrugged shaking her head. “If you two say so, then I suppose it’s worth a try. So what kind of prank are we gonna do?”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo looked to each other, and began to think. The young country girl giggles and says, “How about we put a ‘whoopee cushion’ on the teacher’s seat?”

Scootaloo stuck out her tongue and said, “That’s not good enough, and they’d see the ‘whoopee cushion’! We need something big! Something awesome!” She climbed on the outer rim of the fountain and stood over her friends, hands on her hips. “We need the ultimate prank!”

“Ultimate prank huh?” The three of them froze and looked up to see a rather odd looking fellow on the statues to the fountain. He stood atop them, and walked down on the air like as if it was a staircase. “And just why do you want to pull the ultimate prank Scootaloo?

The young tomboy blinked and said, “Discord? What are you doing here?”

“You know him?!” her friends chimed together.

“Um, not exactly, we just met a while back during summer break. I mostly know him through my mom. Anyways, like I said, what are you doing here Discord?”

Discord wrapped an arm around her shoulders and said, “If you must know Scootaloo, I just got transferred to this school. Now, you mentioned ultimate prank. I’ve got a few ideas myself, but I might need some help. Interested?”

The three of them gathered up into a huddle, whispering and mumbling. Scootaloo turned around with a smirk and said, “We’re listening…”

-----------------------------------------------------------

“So Thunderlane is taken huh? That stinks, since I was thinking about asking him out and ending these stupid rumors.” Rainbow Dash sighed, walking with a pair of her Winglie friends. “I wish people didn’t think I liked woman, no offense to you two or anything.”

Her friends Flitter and Cloud Chase said together, “None taken.”

Rainbow Dash blinked as Twilight and Trixie ran up, panic obvious on their faces as they panted. “Whoa, Twilight, where’s the fire? And why is the ugly and incompetent Tree-barf with you?”

Trixie growled, but before she could argue with Rainbow, Twilight said, “No time for that right now Rainbow Dash, we got a major issue! A delinquent named Discord just got transferred to our school, and we lost sight of him! We need your help finding him and keeping him in line.”

“Sure, sounds entertaining. Flitter, Cloud Chaser, I'll catch you girls later okay?” She waves her friends off as they head to their dorm. “So is this Discord dude really that bad?”

Twilight nodded vigorously in response. “He’s from a foreign exchange program, and apparently his people have magic like Unimares! Only difference is he’s going to use his to throw the entire school into chaos just to get expelled! We need everyone. Do you know where any of the others are?”

“Well, Rarity is trying to teach Applejack how to play chess just over there.” The three of them rushed over to find both of them weren’t having a very good time. Applejack couldn’t figure the game out, and Rarity was having a hard time explaining it to her. “Hey guys, you can stop straining your brains, we got a distraction.”

Applejack sighed with relief and said, “Thank Celestia! So what’s going on?”

With a shrug Rainbow Dash said, “Something about a magic totting delinquent coming to our school and causing chaos. His name’s Discord.”

“A delinquent? How simply dreadful!” Rarity used her magic to put away the game and stood up from her seat. “A delinquent, especially one with such an awful name and reputation, has no place at such a fine establishment as our school.”

Twilight nodded her agreement and said, “That’s why we need to keep him in line! If he gets expelled, then the only school left to take him is Canterlot High, and I don’t think the princess could handle looking after him twenty four seven! Now let’s all team up and track him down. The question is, how do we find him?”

Trixie tugged on her shirt sleeve and pointed towards the school building, where several students were running out in some sort of panic. “The beautiful and popular Trixie suggests that we follow his trail of destruction.” Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Rarity all looked at each other worriedly, not really taking Twilight too seriously until they saw so many students in such a panic.

When everyone got to the school and opened the doors, they were shocked as the anti-fire sprinklers on the ceiling had gone off. Students were running around in a panic, trying to shield themselves from the brown water spraying out. Rainbow Dash stepped forward sticking out her tongue, and smacked her lips before she said, “That’s chocolate milk… somebody replaced the sprinkler water with chocolate milk?” She held her side, laughing and wiping away a tear. “Oh god, that’s got to be, like, the ultimate prank!” Applejack took off her cowboy hat and smacked Rainbow over the back of her head. “OW! Well it is!”

“Tarnation! Everyone’s locker contents are all over the place, and the ceiling is spraying chocolate milk everywhere!” A squeal and a scream can be heard down a nearby hall. “I reckon that sounded like Fluttershy and Spike! Come on y’all!” Everyone ran around the corner, careful not to slip on the chocolate milk all over the floor. When they did they saw Fluttershy and Spike sliding across the ground like out of control penguins, right towards them! As they crashed into their friends, everyone fell into a mess on top of each other. Applejack blushed as Rainbow Dash landed face first in her chest, her hat ending up on top of the other girls head. She cleared her throat and said, “Afternoon sugar cube…”

Rainbow Dash squealed and grabed Applejacks chest pushing away. “I’m not a lesbian!” She realized what she was grabbing and blushed wildly, letting go with another squeal. Then she noticed the hat on her head and flails to get it off. “Stupid misleading hat!”

Spike blinked finding himself sandwiched between Twilight and Rarity. He held up one finger and said, “Okay, neither of you can get mad, and hurt me for this because it was a complete accident… giggidy.”

Trixie growled finding herself covered in chocolate milk now, and pointed to Fluttershy. “You, with the over sized chest! The beautiful and popular Trixie demands an explanation for this travesty!”

Squealing and covering her chest, Fluttershy responded, “I’m sorry, it’s just the floors are so slippery! Someone put bubble bath soap in all the toilets, so when they flushed they flooded with soapy bubbles!”

“All the urinals too,” Spike added, a slap mark on both his cheeks now.

Everyone paused and slowly looked in the same direction, as Pinkie Pie slowly slid up close to them lying on the floor. Her hands were behind her head, her eyes were closed, and her mouth was wide. She smacked her lips with a satisfied sigh, and looked to see all her friends staring at her. “What? You guys can’t tell me this isn’t awesome. It’s raining chocolate all over the school. Now if that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right.” She took a silly straw from her pocket, and began to drink it right off the floor.

While Twilight cursed his name to the heavens, Discord watched the scene unfurl from nearby, having a good laugh to himself. He snapped his fingers and an umbrella appeared, and he unfurled it to reveal it was inside out. “Jolly good show my young fillies! We’ve succeeded in causing mass panic in the entire school! Now let’s move on to the next building.”

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo all looked at each other worriedly. Sweetie Bell said, “We could get in a lot of trouble for this Discord. Isn’t that bad enough?”

Scootaloo nodded and shrugged. “I’ll admit, I thought this was funny, but the school is enough. Why go do more if we’ve already done the ultimate prank here?”

“Oh come now girls, this is only the beginning! First we’ll destroy the peace of their precious recreational building, and then we’ll ruin their precious green house of plants and animals! Then comes the dorms-“

“Wait a minute!” Discord blinked as he was interrupted, and looked down to the horrified Sweetie Belle who did it. “You can’t do that! That’s messing with all the students, who never did anything wrong!”

Apple Bloom growled and said, “Me and my kin live in that there green house, and so does Fluttershy! The school relies on the crops, and takes care of all kinds of animals! Messing with that is just cruel and wrong!”

Scootaloo crossed her arms and said, “Now this is going too far Discord! I thought this was gonna be fun and now you just want to hurt everyone for no reason! I’m gonna tell my mom!”

His laughter filled the halls for the second time that day, as he tips his umbrella over pouring chocolate milk on the group of girls who squealed in shock. “Do you think I care about this school, or any of its students? Do you think I care about what happens to me? The only thing I care about is getting back at Celestia for carelessly leaving my people to vanish until the last minute, and I won’t let any of you stand in my way.” The girls gulped and backed away as he slowly walked towards them with a cruel grin.

“Leave them alone!” Discord twisted his gaze around to see Twilight and all her friends gathered around with glares facing him. All except Pinkie who had her mouth open to the ceiling like a turkey in the rain.

Twilight snapped her fingers and the sprinklers all turn off. Pinkie blinked and pouted. “Hey, I wasn’t finished!”

“I warned you Discord! This school is no place for behavior like yours, and with the help of my friends we’re going to stop you before you go too far!” Twilights hands glowed menacingly, while Discord yawned unfazed.

“Is this the part where you give me a speech about friendship, and doing the right thing, and blah blah blee blah. I’ve heard it a million times Twilight. And if you plan on taking action, then you’ll have to catch me first!” He aimed his umbrella at them to reveal it had a camera lens on it. “Say ‘ahh, I’m blind’!” With a tug on a trigger on the handle of the umbrella camera, a flash of light erupted and was enhanced by the umbrella itself, causing a blinding flash for the group who covered their eyes in shock and pain. He then took flight and rushed away down the hall away from them.

Twilight wiped her eyes and saw him do this. “Someone stop him, he’s going to get away!”

“But the floor is too slippery Twilight.” Fluttershy bit her lower lip staring at the floor.

Taking flight herself, Rainbow Dash growled and said, “Not for me it’s not! I’ll catch him, and then I’ll bop him back into last Tuesday!” She took off after him, fast enough to make the soapy chocolate milk on the floors splash and separate beneath her.

Twilight’s jaw dropped and she said, “I had no idea she could fly so fast!”

“Of course darling,” Rarity chimed. “They don’t call her Rainbow Dash for nothing.”

Meanwhile, Discord looked back to see Rainbow Dash hot on his trail. He smirked and flew straight towards a window, snapping his fingers and causing it to shatter before him. As he flew through it, all the glass came back together, and Rainbow Dash face planted into it with a pained groan. Discord laughed at this, but when he looked forward her skid to a halt just in time to stop right in front of a rather peeved looking Luna. “Princess Luna! You’re looking lovely today. Did you do something with your hair?”

“Can it Discord!” She poked a finger to his chest. “My sister warned me what you’ve become! How could you betray our trust and compassion with such chaotic behavior?”

He pinched her finger and slowly aimed it away from himself. “The same way your big sister and all her politicians could let so many of my people die in agony before they actually took action. So I’m causing a little uproar, big deal. A little chaos never hurt anyone.”

“But yours has! Discord please… we only want to help you.”

“ENOUGH!” Lightning cracked through the sky and he floated into the air, storm cloud beginning to form over head. “I’m tired of being your little charity case! Your stupid attempt at forming diplomatic bonds with my people, just to make yourselves look good for not doing anything for so long! I’ve had it with the alternative motives! I’m going to avenge my people, and if I have to seal this school in an alternate plane of chaos to do that, then so be it!” He screamed with his hands raised to the skies, the clouds swirling and spraying with lightning as a tunnel began to form in them.

Luna looked upon this is sheer terror, never realizing just how powerful he could be. “Discord stop, or else several innocent others could get hurt! Think about what you’re doing! Are you really any better than those who didn’t help you if you intentionally hurt others?”

“It’s too late for words, Luna, now’s the time for action!”

Luna clenched her fists and said, “Fine, then I choose to rock! Hit it!” She pointed to her club mates, who all had instruments at the ready. Lyra tosses her an electric guitar and she begins to play.

Discord laughed, not moving his arms as the tunnel in the sky grew wider and wilder. “Is that the theme from power rangers? Just what to you hope to accomplish with tha-“ He paused as his top hat fell off his head. “My hat!”

A steel bucket was slammed onto his head, covering his view. All he heard was a shy voice apologizing a lot. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”

Twilight rushed on the scene with all her friends, staring at the sky in horror as the tunnel was out of control. “Trixie, Rarity, help me focus on sealing that dimensional vortex! Everyone else distract Discord!”

“I’m on it!” Pinkie cried as she stuffed her mouth full of bubble-gum and began to chew.

Discord pushed at the bucket, only to have it shoved back down on his head by Rainbow Dash. “Not so fast! For whom does the bell toll?” She then proceeded to slap the bucket with a metal spoon repeatedly, getting an echoed scream from the bucket. “It tolls for you face!” Meanwhile Pinkie had begun blowing a bubble.

Discord yanked the bucket off his head, and then grabbed the back of Rainbow’s panties yanking them into the air. “I think you need to loosen up, wedgie you like it or not!”

“Hey!” Applejack ran towards him at high speed, her boots stomping prints into the dirt. “Only I get to rough up Rainbow Dash!” She leapt into the air like a martial artist, and stomped him in the chest, sending him flying back into a giant pink bubble which exploded, encasing him in sticky gum! As well as Pinkie’s face. This led to her laughing uncontrollably. Applejack tips her hat to Rainbow Dash and says, “You okay sugar cube?”

Rainbow’s wings sproinged to attention and she blushed holding up one finger. “I’m n-not a lesbian… I’m not.”

The tunnel in the sky finally closed and disappeared, the clouds slowly vanishing. Luna and her band mates cheered, and Twilight loomed over the now gummed up Discord. “Looks like you’re in,” she slipped on sunglasses. “A sticky situation.” Everyone groans. “What? That bad?”

“I thought it was rather fitting.” Everyone gasped to see Princess Celestia walked up, Spike, Apple Bloom and her friends gathered around her. “I knew you would be in a hurry to get expelled, but I didn’t think you’d go so far as to bend reality with forbidden magic Discord. I suppose I was right to visit today, but I’m afraid I missed the action. Oh!” She blinked and looked down to see a familiar dark skinned goth clinging to her affectionately. She giggled and said, “It’s nice to see you too Twilight.”

Luna walked up, her guitar still strapped on, and said, “What are you going to do with Discord now big sister?” She looked back at Discord who crossed his arms, looking rather annoyed.

Celestia smiled and walked up to him; waving a hand over him and making the gum vanish. “I think I’m going to give him a second chance.”

Everyone shouted at the same time, even Discord, “WHAT?!”

Discord began to stutter before he said, “I caused panic with my pranks in your school, ruined who knows how much paperwork amongst other things with chocolate milk, and nearly shattered the reality of this very school, and you’re going to forgive me?”

Spike nodded and added, “Yeah, he did all that and a bag of chips! You’re just going to let him get away with it?”

“That’s right.” Celestia giggles, while everyone gives a loud “WHY?!” She held up her hand so they’d all remain silent and said, “You catch more bees with honey. Discord, yes it’s true what I’m doing with you is an attempt at forgiveness. Is it enough, no, but it’s a start. I want to do everything I can for you and your people. I spent years trying to convince the council to allow us to aid you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t do more… I truly wish there was.” She sniffled and tears fell from her eyes.

Discord saw this and bit his lower lip, feeling a little bad now. Celestia blinked as he held out his hand, as if waiting to be helped up off the ground. She blinked and took his hand, lifting him to his feet. “Celestia, I realize that politics suck, but I didn’t realize that it wasn’t completely your fault. I’m sorry for the way I’ve acted these last few weeks. I let the hatred of the few outweigh the appreciation of the many from my people. I guess that’s not really fair.” He slipped his hands into his pockets and turned away. “Don’t think this changes much, but I suppose I’ve gone through enough schools lately. I’ll take a break and see if this school is worth a buck for now. Anyways, I’ll be seeing you. I have classes to register.” He then walks off, no one saying a word

Celestia sighed with relief and said, “I suppose I’ll get to work cleaning up the mess he made of my lovely school. I better hurry, who knows what kind of heart attack principle Mayor is having right now.” Everyone giggled, Luna and her friends walked off taking their instruments with them.

Twilight smiled and said, “So how long are you going to be here for, and is there any way that I can help?”

“You can help by spreading the news that classes are cancelled for the day dear.” Celestia chuckled nervously, a little sweat forming. “And later tonight, how about we have a slumber party at your dorm? Invite all your friends. I’d love to meet them!”

Everyone cheered and hurried off, except Scootaloo who crossed her arms and said, “I’m sorry I helped him pull such a devastating prank. I thought he was still like he was back when I first met him. It wasn’t that long ago, who knew he could change so much in such a short amount of time.”

Celestia kneeled down and ruffled her hair. “Sometimes that can happen when a dramatic event affects us. No matter what happens, I want you to remember though. There is good in Discord, he just has a lousy sense of humor.”

“I don’t have to attend the slumber party too do I?” Scootaloo blushed and shuffled her feet.

Celestia had a giggle fit and said, “I would love to meet your friends too you know. They seem nice.”

“Well… alright. But you better not tell anyone-“ Before she could finish, Celestia made a zipping motion with her fingers to her lips. Scootaloo hugged her and said, “Thanks mom.”

-------------------------------------------------

Celestia, Luna, Spike, Twilight, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, even Trixie, were all together at the special dorm above the library in their pajamas. Even Scootaloo and her friends Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were there. Luna and Rainbow Dash were competing in a video game, while Applejack and Spike watched, back seat gaming. Meanwhile Rarity and Sweetie Belle were busy giving everyone else manicures, despite Scootaloo’s reluctance.

Twilight gazed over her nails and said, “Wow Rarity, you’re a very good artist. You got the elder sign perfect despite never seeing it before.”

This gave the snobby girl an inflated ego as she whipped back her hair and said, “Of course darling! Anything less than perfection is below my standards.”

Twilight rolled her eyes and looked to Celestia, who was busy blowing on her nails to dry the suns she had painted on them. “Your majesty, are you sure Discord will change?”

“My favorite student, you need not worry about Discord. He was once a good boy and I know he still is. Give him time, and I’m sure someone will be able to bring some light to that poor dark and misunderstood heart of his.”

Fluttershy blinked and said in her usual low tone, “Speaking of chaos, has anyone seen Pinkie Pie?”

Twilight shrugged and said, “She said she was needed elsewhere, but she’d throw us all a big party tomorrow to make up for missing this one.”

Spike turned around and leaned against the couch. “Pinkie Pie is so random sometimes. Who knows what she could be up to?”

----------------------------------------------------------

Discord found his way into the main hall of the recreational building, looking around at the comfy furniture. He noticed a clock and how late it was. It was dark even inside, since it was late and the building was locked up for curfew. He’d stayed hidden though so he could explore the building at night, but it was too late and he was getting tired. He took another look at the furniture, and walked up behind one of the many couches. He grabs the back and leaps over it, landing on the other side and hearing an adorable, “OOF!”

He blinked and looked to see he had landed on a curly pink haired girl who had been sleeping on the couch. She looked up at him with a blink, and he blushed in embarrassment. “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t think anyone else was in here!”

She giggled in response and said, “That’s okay, I’ll just imagine you’re a big teddy bear filled with heavy candy. Say, aren’t you that Discord guy I met earlier? My name’s Pinkie Pie! Fancy meeting you here!” she said with a gleaming grin.

“Fancy? More like random. What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same question! Where were you on the night of September twenty third?” She laughs at herself, and gets a chuckle out of Discord now. “I don’t know why, but for the past week my Pinkie sense has been telling me to sleep in this very spot at night. I figured it was important, and then you came jumping in on top of me! Just like destiny, or one of the Mario brothers. Take your pick.”

Discord chuckled a little louder this time and said, “Pinkie Pie, you’re so random. You also don’t seem very upset about my behavior earlier.”

“Are you kidding?!” she said in a shocked tone. “You made it rain chocolate and turned the school into a giant slip and slide! That was delicious, and fun!”

Discord’s face flushed red for a moment as he said, “You mean… you actually enjoyed my prank?”

Nodding, Pinkie Pie responded, “Pranks are just to make people laugh and have fun, but sometimes you need to be careful who you prank. Pranks can be hurtful, but they can also be fun! But not as fun as parties!”

“I suppose you have a point… Um, s-should I go get my own couch now?”

“Nah, I needed a blanket!”

Discord’s face flushed red again and he looked around as if making sure the coast is clear. “Well… if you insist.” He got comfy against the couch, and Pinkie curled up against him with a relaxed sigh. “Erm… good night Pinkie?”

“Good night Discy poo.”

As her cute snores filled the air, Discord stared into blank space with a look of confusion on his face. “What the hell just happened?”

End Chapter 7
Continued in Ch. 8: Nightmare Night