• Published 18th Jan 2013
  • 15,022 Views, 890 Comments

The Queen of Hearts - Pumpernickel Rye



Chrysalis attempts getting her crown and her revenge by running a dating service.

  • ...
37
 890
 15,022

A Canterlot Couple

A Canterlot Couple

She wasn’t sure how it happened, but it was all over for her in a flash. Somepony had caught onto her and had her reported to the guards. Shining Armor and some of his men came for her in the middle of the night and had dragged her out in cuffs, taking her down without the changeling putting up much of a fight. She was powerless and scared out of her mind of what may be done upon her. The guards had her restrained like a captured animal within a carriage as they flew through the night sky. Any attempt to fight back would only cause Shining Armor to jump in and threaten her silently with his glowing horn.

They had taken Chrysalis to Canterlot’s royal court, where she was put on immediate trial for her attack against the ponies. In front of her was Princess Celestia, looming over her like the sun that she controlled every day. It was Celestia that would become her judge, jury, and likely executioner. Princess Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, and Twilight with all of her friends were at the ends of the throne room, looking disgusted along with the many other ponies who were attending.

“Chrysalis,” Celestia’s voice bellowed as she looked down at her, “on the charges of ponynapping, assault on royalty, and conspiring to overthrow of the nation of Equestria, I find you guilty on all counts!” The room roared with the cheers of the ponies witnessing her trial. Once they quieted down, the princess spoke again. “And now, I sentence you to the worst possible punishment imaginable.”

Chrysalis trembled before the alicorn. “W-what punishment? Banishment to the moon? Imprisonment in stone?”

The Sun Princess smiled evilly at her. “Oh no, my little changeling, I have something far worse in store for you.” She raised her gavel over her head and struck it down on the armrest of her throne. A flash of light appeared and it blinded the criminal.

When her vision restored, Chrysalis looked around. She was now in the chapel where the royal wedding had happened several months before. All the ponies from the courtroom were there, quietly laughing. Before she could ask what they thought was so amusing, she noticed that she was wearing something. To her horror, she was in a bride’s outfit. Next to her was another pony in a bride’s dress, only that her face was covered in a wedding veil, and in front of her was Celestia, behind an altar. It didn’t take Chrysalis long to put together what was happening.

“By the power invested in me,” said Celestia, who was trying to contain her laughter, “I now pronounce you victim and wife!” The ponies exploded into laughter and cheers. “You may kiss the bride!”

Chrysalis turned towards the mysterious pony taking off the veil. Once it had come off, the changeling released a scream of pure terror.

“Give me a kissy, Chrysie-Wissie!”


Chrysalis’s eyes shot open and she frantically took a look around. To her relief, she was still in her bedroom in Cupid’s Arrow. After she managed to calm down, she got out of her bed and reverted back into her disguise. While she went downstairs and prepared her breakfast, she couldn’t stop thinking about her nightmare. This was the fourth time she had a similar dream and it was by far the worst. She always had to reassure herself that she was perfectly safe and no pony would discover her secret this time. Her strong opposition towards the changelings and her refusal to date had placed her off the radar. There was also the fact that since she was an entirely new pony and not taking another’s place, no pony paid too much attention to her personality. They accepted her for being a very mean pony, especially now since she sort of made up that story of her almost marriage. Even the intelligent unicorn Twilight, who caught onto her before, and Princess Luna, who led the ponies in unmasking her people, had completely bought her act.

During midday, work was progressing casually for both her and Pinkie. Chrysalis was still receiving a below decent amount of customers, but she was just glad she was at least getting activity. She was busy talking with one of them about dating advice while Pinkie was trying to find potential love interests for another. Recently, Pinkie had questioned her about why some ponies wanted to find another of the same gender. Chrysalis could easily tell that she didn’t know anything about gay ponies and rather than getting into that discussion with her, she just said that dating could be something between ponies who were just friends and Pinkie believed her.

Right after she sent the pony to go talk with Pinkie, Chrysalis noticed a familiar figure enter her home. “Hello, Spike. What are you doing here?” she asked in a friendly voice. She really didn’t mind the little dragon too much, even if he was kind of Twilight’s brother. She actually thought about finding one to raise herself in the future and she even wanted to ride it when it was large enough to fly, which would have been a great painting to hang in her throne room.

“Hi, Cherub. I just came by to drop off some of those books you asked for.” For some odd reason, Spike seemed to be nervous as he placed the books onto her desk.

She took them and placed them in one of the drawers. “That’s very kind of you, Spike. I didn’t think you made personal deliveries.”

He rubbed the back of his head while looking away. “W-well, you know, I was just walking by so I decided to drop them off.”

Chrysalis looked at him with fatal curiosity, knowing that something was up. “Was there something else you wanted from me?”

He jumped at her question before looking around. He motioned her closer and muttered in her ear, “C-could we t-talk in private?”

Chrysalis looked around the room. The other customers were busy talking with each other and Pinkie, so she was sure it would be fine to step out for only a moment. “Very well. Follow me into the kitchen.” They both moved to her kitchen and she sat on the floor. “So what do you want?” She watched as he took out a small sack from his bag and handed it to her. She took it and opened it up, seeing the many bits it carried. “What’s this for?”

Spike was still looking away with his face now dark red. “I want to hire you,” he said quietly.

The changeling was caught off guard by his statement. “Excuse me?”

“I want your help with getting a certain pony to like me,” he confessed while twiddling his fingers.

Chrysalis shoved the sack back into his arms. “Sorry, but I don’t help children. If you’re having girl problems, you should talk with Twilight. But then again, she might be just as hopeless as you!” She laughed out loudly, enjoying her personal jab at the unicorn.

She turned around and was about to leave, but Spike ran in front of her. “No, wait! Please hear me out.” She sighed and sat back on the floor, already impatient. “You see, I kind of...have a crush on...one of Twilight’s friends.”

“Rarity.”

His heart jumped when she said her name. “How did you know!?”

She rolled her eyes. “I’ve been doing this sort of thing for years. I’ve known about your crush for a long time.” It wasn’t hard for her to notice since she could sense him generating a bit of love every time the white unicorn was near. Even if she wasn’t a changeling, the way he acted around her was a dead giveaway.

“So anyway, I’ve been trying to put the moves on her like I always do, but she hasn’t been paying much attention to me for a while. What’s worse is that she always wants to go to Canterlot. She’s been going there a lot for the last few months and I’m starting to worry.”

“Worry that what?”

Spike was reluctant to speak what he was thinking. “That she’s seeing somepony,” he said quietly.

“What would give you that idea?” she asked with some interest.

“Because she’s always excited to leave and she is always really happy when she comes back. She also never says what she did, just that it’s business.” Spike’s worry was really starting to show.

“And what exactly does all this have to do with me?”

“Rarity is going back tomorrow and I want you to go with her to see if it’s true. I need to know if Rarity is in love with somepony else.”

“Why don’t you do it?” she asked while pointing at him. “You don’t exactly need me to help you with that. I am much too busy to be bothered with such trivial tasks.” She wasn’t sure why Spike was bothering her about this. It always seemed like that the both of them were already very close and sometimes Rarity even seemed to be a little flirty with him.

“But if she really does have a coltfriend, I don’t think I can handle it.”

“And what if it is true, Spike? What do you want me to do, break them up?”

Spike’s face now matched her coat color. “Don’t say it like that.”

Chrysalis let out an amused gasp. “My goodness, Spike, I didn’t think you would ever go that far. I guess Twilight didn’t do that good of a job raising you after all.”

Spike stared at the floor, ashamed. “I know it’s wrong. It’s just that the last time she got with somepony in Canterlot, he was a real jerk and he made her upset. I don’t want that to happen again.”

“How sweet,” Chrysalis complemented. “You really must care about her.”

Spike placed his hands on his chest and smiled. “She is the most beautiful, sweetest, loveliest pony in all of Equestria. I’d give up everything I had to be with her. And she says I’m her Spike-Wikey, which I love. She even…why are you looking at me like that?”

Chrysalis stared at him with her eyes wide open and her mouth hanging open while slightly drooling. She was completely overwhelmed by the love the little dragon was giving off, which was a lot more than what he usually had. It was almost as much as the amount of love Shining Armor had in him for his fiancée. If she could successfully help him win Rarity’s heart, it would be an extraordinary boost to the amount of love in Ponyville or she could at least use him as a personal feeder. She was broken out of her trance by Spike snapping his fingers in front of her.

“Are you all right?”

Chrysalis quickly wiped the spit off her lip. “Sorry. I got distracted by something.” She quickly cleared her throat. “Anyway, I’ve considered what you have said and I’ve decided to help you.”

He smiled with extreme joy. “Really? Thank you, Cherub!” He rushed over and hugged one of her forelegs.

“Think nothing of it.” She then greedily swiped the bag of bits from him. “Now run along home and wait until the day after tomorrow. We will then figure out how to make you two more than just friends.”

The dragon eagerly nodded. “I can’t wait! Oh, and can you not tell anypony about this? I think Twilight might get mad if she knew I was doing this.”

She grinned at him. “It will be our little secret.”

“Great! See you later and thanks again!” Spike ran out and left the building.

Chrysalis walked back into the main room, where she saw Pinkie doing a dance on the table while the two ponies cheered her on, and wondered what she could have possibly missed in the few minutes she was away. Pinkie noticed her staring at her and stopped. “Hi, Ms. Cherub. Am I a great dancer or what?”

“Pinkie, come here.” The pink pony seemed to be worried about why her boss wanted to see her as she walked over. “First of all, I’m not even going to ask what you were doing, so don’t think you’re in trouble.” Pinkie gave a huge grin. “Second, we’re taking the day off tomorrow.”

“But why? It’s not the weekend yet.”

Chrysalis motioned her to come closer so they could whisper. “Spike came to me and needs me to help him with getting Rarity to like him. It seems he has a little crush on her.”

Pinkie became excited. “You’re going to help him get Rarity? I’ve been waiting so long for something like this to happen so I could throw a party!”

The outcast looked at her in mild surprise. “You mean you knew about this?”

“He told me about it one time.” Pinkie placed her hooves on her cheeks. “I think it’s the cutest thing ever!”

“I see. So I’ll be in Canterlot tomorrow and you can take the time to do whatever you want.”

“Can I come? Please?”

“Sorry, but I need to do this alone.” There were two reasons as to why Chrysalis didn’t want to bring her. The first reason was that she was Pinkie Pie. The second reason was that if Rarity was in fact seeing somepony, she was going to have them split up and Pinkie would have only gotten in the way.

Pinkie was disappointed by her response. “But why? Why don’t you want me to come?” She then gasped. “Are you going to look for a new coltfriend!?”

Chrysalis grabbed her by the head and looked her straight in the eyes, furious. “For the last time, I don’t need a coltfriend. I am perfectly fine with being single.” Her only regret with the phony backstory was that Pinkie was asking her about it almost every day. For a few days, Pinkie had brought her up as possible matches to every stallion that had come in and Chrysalis was not happy at all. The pony was very determined to help her get into a new relationship as she thought that doing so would help her stop being angry. Sadly, her problems couldn’t be solved so easily.

“Well let me know if you change your mind! I know plenty of stallions that you will just love! Oh, and I might have told that other pony that you were available,” she confessed nervously.

Chrysalis frowned at her. “I see, but enough about that. We’ve got customers to attend to.” She got back at her desk and waved to the stallion who had just recently entered. “Welcome to Cupid’s Arrow, where true love blooms. And if you even dare try using a pick up line on me, you will be picking up your teeth off the floor.”


The next day, Chrysalis arrived at the train station as part of her deal with the dragon. She decided to take one of her dresses that she had kept in order to fit in with the crowd in Canterlot, which was somewhere she wasn’t looking forward going to as it reminded her of her downfall. She didn’t want to stand out too much, so she had chosen a simple orange dress. She looked through the crowd of ponies, trying to find her target. She soon found Rarity in the crowd, who was wearing a dark blue outfit and looking excited, and she had a bad feeling of why the girl was all dressed up. Chrysalis decided to not approach her yet, trying to make her appearance not too suspicious. Eventually, the train had arrived and she boarded on a separate car from Rarity.

She scouted each of the cars until she found the white unicorn, sitting alone. “Rarity!” she exclaimed while acting completely surprised.

The pony looked up at her. “Cherub? What a surprise! What are you doing here?"

“I’m just having a little vacation time. Work has been simply tiring and I’ve always wanted to see Canterlot.” She motioned a hoof at the bench in front of her. “Do you mind if I sit here?”

“Please do.” Chrysalis sat across from her. “You will absolutely love it. It’s simply the most beautiful city in Equestria and it holds some of the most respectable ponies.”

“I bet it does.” She remembered during her time disguised as Princess Cadance that all these wonderful ponies that Rarity spoke of were very rude and dreadfully boring, kind of like some changelings back home. Now that she thought about it, it was bizarre how two very different species could be so alike. Still, she couldn’t understand why Rarity would be so obsessed with the place.

“And trust me; your dress is simply marvelous. I designed it myself,” she proclaimed proudly.

“You don’t say.” Chrysalis was going to burn it when she got home. “So Rarity, why are you going to Canterlot, anyway?”

Rarity tried to contain her excitement. “Oh you know. I’m just doing some business deals with Hoity Toity, nothing special.”

Chrysalis smiled wickedly. “If it’s nothing special, then why do you seem so happy about it?

Rarity seemed flustered. “Well because it’s Canterlot and you know, it’s great and all.”

The false unicorn leaned in. “Come on, Rarity. There’s no need for secrets between us girls. I know you’re lying.”

Rarity was unable to look into her eyes. After half a minute of enduring Chrysalis’s gaze, she gave in. “Do you promise not to tell anypony?”

The changeling leaned back, satisfied from exposing her. “You have my word.”

The seamstress gulped and said in a hushed voice, “I’m romantically involved with somepony.”

“Oh my. I never would have known!” She tried not to show that she was very annoyed. If Spike had been wrong, the job would have been much easier and she could have just gone home, but at least breaking them up and probably causing Rarity to cry was a bonus. The only problem was that it would likely be very difficult for her to break them up without it seeming like she planned it. “Who is he? Tell me all about him!”

Rarity was no longer nervous and was eager to talk. “His name is Fancy Pants and he is simply the most handsome and charming unicorn I have ever met. I’ve known him for a while, but when he asked me for a dance at the royal wedding, I just knew it was meant to be! We’ve been seeing each other for months now.”

“I’m so happy for you, Rarity,” she said with feigned friendless. “So is it…serious?”

“I would think so. We’ve been out on multiple dates and he’s just so interested in me.” Rarity continued to blush the more she spoke.

The way she talked about him was sappy enough to make Chrysalis barf. She was curious about one thing, however. “But why all the secrecy? I’m sure your friends would be thrilled if you told them about having a lover.”

Rarity sighed and rested her head on a hoof, looking out at the area outside the train. “I do plan on telling them. It’s just that I want it to be a surprise. Fancy and I are in a long distance relationship, so I wanted us to figure that out first. We don’t see as much of each other as we would hope.”

“It must be difficult for you two. It’s a shame that you couldn’t find somepony sweet in Ponyville,” she hinted.

“Yes, but Fancy Pants certainly stands out among the other ponies I know.” She began giggling. “I think he might be my soul mate!”

“How nice for you,” Chrysalis said sarcastically. It was obvious to her that Rarity was seriously into this Fancy Pants, given the amount of love she had been producing while talking about him. Compared to Spike, however, it was incredibly inferior. If only it was stronger would she have told the dragon to find a new girl, but Spike’s show unfortunately still had to go on. She then noticed that Rarity was still talking and started to listen to her. She needed to know everything about her coltfriend if she was going to do this successfully.


Both unicorns strolled through the busy streets of Canterlot after departing from the train. While Rarity was humming and admiring the surrounding city, Chrysalis was busy scheming. She was trying to devise a plan to somehow get Rarity and Fancy Pants to split. Rarity seemed to be obsessed with him and from what she had told her, he had a way with mares. Getting them apart would be very difficult, but she needed Spike’s love badly.

She broke away from her plotting and looked around. There were much more guards patrolling and the walls were littered with posters about anti-changeling propaganda. She began to imitate Rarity’s cheery mood, hoping that it would throw off suspicion. She looked towards the direction of the palace and saw a group of ponies angrily shouting while holding signs in front of the gates. It was likely Nymph was in there at the moment and the group was protesting her presence. She was actually happy that there was so much public opposition because it only hindered Nymph’s progress. She wasn’t sure what was so appealing about ponies to her sister that she would consider making deals with them.

“Canterlot is a lot different than I expected,” she said while looking over at the mob.

Rarity looked at the protesters along with her. “It’s been like this for months. I think until the negotiations end, the protesters will keep making a fuss and the guards will always be on the lookout for the changelings.”

“Have they actually found any?” she asked with concern. She would hate to think any of her subjects were being currently held against their will.

“Only a very few, but Celestia always releases them back to their kingdom. She’s quite forgiving. Rumor is Queen Nymph is trying to prohibit any of them from staying in Equestria in order to prevent a crisis, but since they need our love to live, I have my doubts they will listen.”

She doubted it as well, knowing that the changelings had to feed somehow. “Any idea about how they feel about living with us?”

Rarity gave a shrug. “She seems to be having not as much trouble as Celestia does with her people, but there are still enough changelings who oppose the idea. They still think that we are planning to do something to them to get even for their invasion and they do not seem fond of any other species in the world.”

Chrysalis figured that most of the changelings would be for the idea of living together, given that the other options were to either starve or expect a counterattack. Were things so bad that they would consider being at the ponies’ mercy? Did they actually want to become allies? “How come Ponyville isn’t like this? You’d think that Celestia would provide some protection for the town with her student.”

“Twilight can handle herself. I think it’s probably because Nymph keeps coming here, so they would need all the guards they can get if anything were to go wrong.”

“Shining Armor must be working them hard.”

“Wouldn’t surprise me, seeing how Chrysalis kidnapped his wife and he almost ended up marrying her instead. Just thinking about him marrying such a vile creature makes me sick.” Rarity spat her tongue out to show her disgust. The red unicorn remained silent as she felt that she was only going to be insulted more if she continued the conversation.

Eventually, both of them entered a fancy restaurant several blocks from the crowd, where Rarity said they would be meeting her dream stallion. Once they were seated, the seamstress kept checking herself in a small compact mirror. “So how do I look? There’s nothing out of place, right?” she asked nervously.

“You look fine. I’m sure Fancy Pants will be thrilled to see you, no matter how you look.” While Rarity kept checking herself, Chrysalis decided to brainstorm. Mind control was obviously out of the question with all of the security around her and it was more of a short term solution. Trying to seduce the stallion away would probably end up having Pinkie finding out and walk out for hurting her friend. She just needed one of them to dump the other; preferably Fancy dumping her so Rarity would want to take Spike in to fill the void.

She noticed a blue haired stallion wearing a suit and a monocle walk over towards Rarity, who she assumed to be Fancy Pants. “Hello, Ms. Rarity. It is always a pleasure to see you again.” He grabbed her hoof and kissed it, which caused her to giggle.

“Same to you, Fancy Pants.” She pointed across the table. “This is my friend, Cherub. She’s from Ponyville as well.”

He took a seat next to Rarity and gave a charming smile to the former queen. “It’s nice to meet you, Cherub.”

Chrysalis faked her own smile. “The pleasure’s all mine. Rarity has told me much about you.” It wasn’t like she could get Rarity to stop during their ride.

“All good things, I hope.” He turned towards Rarity and they started speaking. Chrysalis had blocked them out so she could resume her plot.

While she kept thinking, she took notice of something highly intriguing. While Rarity was producing a high amount of love, Fancy Pants was completely devoid of it. Was he not into her after all? That would have made this so much simpler. Rarity, however, would be the difficult part as she was seriously attached to him and was probably living in a fantasy world whenever she was around him. If what Chrysalis assumed was true, then all she needed to do was make Rarity realize the truth. This was likely going to be her most difficult job yet. She just hoped that he was gay, which would make the whole thing futile for Rarity. She decided for her next step she would try to gain some insight on their relationship from his point of view, hoping she could find something to expose him. “I must say, you two make a really great couple.”

Fancy Pants tilted his head. “Excuse me?”

Rarity leaned right next to him. “Thank you, Cherub. Isn’t he just the sweetest?”

The stallion gently pulled away. “Now wait just a minute. Ms. Rarity, having you been telling ponies that you and I are an item?”

Rarity was stunned by his words and she steadily became distraught. “W-well yes, we are t-together.” She gulped. “Aren’t we?”

Fancy Pants took her hooves and sighed. “Rarity, I’m afraid that you have been misled. We are not dating.” Chrysalis put her hooves over her mouth, pretending to act shocked while she was actually trying to hide her huge smile. With just one compliment, she had already lit the fuse. She wished she had some popcorn on her for the upcoming boom.

Rarity looked like she was about cry. “B-but what about that dance and everything else we’ve done together? I thought those were special!”

“Those were just things we were doing as friends. I’m sorry if you have thought otherwise. Had I known this was going on, I would have told you sooner.”

“But can’t we just start now? You and I get along so well!” she pleaded desperately.

He slowly shook his head. “While I do think we both get along quite well, I believe I’m a little too old for you.”

“But it’s only by a few years. I don’t think anypony will mind!” Chrysalis wondered how much the poor pony could take before she had a complete meltdown.

“Rarity, how old do you think I am?”

She trembled violently. “Um…twenty-seven?”

“I’m forty-six,” Fancy Pants corrected.

“WHAT!?” Several ponies were now looking at them. Chrysalis was trying extremely hard not to laugh. The fact that Rarity was dating a pony old enough to be her father was just too much.

“It’s true. I’m sorry, but you and I can’t be together in a relationship.”

Chrysalis watched as Rarity bolted out crying as Fancy Pants called out after to her, which attracted the attention of every pony inside. The sight had made her day and she just wanted to break out into applause for such a wonderful display. She couldn’t believe how simple it was to bring them apart, but now her duty was done and she could now leave the paranoid city. “Well that was unexpected,” she said in high spirits.

Fancy Pants returned to the table, confused yet upset by what had transpired. “I hope she can forgive me for giving her the idea. I really do enjoy her company, but I had no idea I was leading her on like that.”

She shrugged at him. “It’s just your natural charm. It’s certainly intoxicating.”

He looked at her. “Would you believe me if I told you this wasn’t the first time this has happened?”

She laughed. “I would. What I actually have a hard time believing is that a stallion with your looks would remain single. From what she had told me, you are quite a big deal around here.”

The stallion rested his head in his hooves. “It’s just that there’s only one mare that I’m honestly interested in. We had a fling once, but that’s ancient history now. I have yet to bring myself to love another mare.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Chrysalis couldn’t care less about his love life. While helping him could really bring in some customers since he was practically famous, that would require remaining in the city where everypony was on the lookout for her kind, so it wouldn’t be worth the risk.

“Well I suppose I should let you go. I’m sure Rarity will need your comfort,” he said as he started to stand.

Alarms went off in her head as she hastily pulled him back down. “Not so fast. I happen to be a specialist in love and I think I can help you with your problem.” Getting caught suddenly seemed nowhere as bad as dealing with the drama of the unicorn of generosity. Rarity right now was only amusing to watch but terrible to talk with. If anything, she would really not like to meet up with her as long as she could while she went through her crying.

“But what about Rarity? You haven’t been too concerned about her at all.”

She just laughed and waved a hoof. “She’ll be fine. This happens more often than you think and she does better alone.”

Fancy Pants looked at her, completely unconvinced. “Are you sure?”

“Absolutely,” she spat out quickly.

The stallion knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere with her, so he decided to take her word for it. “I see. Well then, shall we depart?” Right as he stood, Chrysalis pulled him down again.

“We’re not going anywhere. As the first part of your payment, you’re buying me lunch. I’m starving.”


During their meal, the changeling socialized with the infamous Fancy Pants. It didn’t take long for her to figure out why he was so popular. There was something about his personality and the way he spoke that was just alluring. What also made him so well liked was how he ran charities for many foundations and was extremely friendly and understanding. She was surprised that Celestia herself had not tried making a move on him as even Chrysalis took a moderate liking to him. She thought it was an absolute shame that she had never met a changeling that could even come close to his charm. Out of all the ponies she knew besides Princess Luna, Fancy Pants was alright in her book.

After she had her fill, Chrysalis followed the stallion through Canterlot until he led her to a large building. The inside was filled with many well-dressed ponies going about their business. A slender, white unicorn with a pink mane approached them. “Welcome back, Fancy. The boss has been looking for you.”

He gave her a nod. “Thank you, Fleur. I hope I haven’t been keeping her waiting for too long.”

Chrysalis watched her as she walked away. “She seems pretty cute. Is that her?”

Fancy Pants chuckled. “Not quite. Fleur is just one of my assistants as well as a close friend. It’s actually her boss that I am interested in.” They went into a large hallway with many photos of various models hanging on the walls. “This is all of her work. We’ve been in business together for a long time and we make quite the team. I provide her with the models and she turns them into a star.”

Chrysalis looked around at the pictures. There were many attractive ponies of all types displayed, each in a different pose while wearing a different outfit. There was even one portrait of a griffon, which she found to be really strange. “You must make an awful lot of bits,” she said while she examined the portraits.

“That’s not why I do it. These ponies all desire one thing, and that is to be famous. We just help them realize their potential and enter the Canterlot high life. They are turned from being a simple pony into a one that is loved and respected by many.” He began to look at her. “Now that I think about it, have you ever considered modeling, Cherub? I honestly believe you have the looks.”

The changeling laughed. “Not really, but I’ll be sure to think about it.” She actually liked the idea of posing and having thousands of ponies drooling over her. Or at least her disguised form. They would just scream or vomit if they saw how she really looked. She realized what she had just thought and immediately hated herself for it. “What about Rarity? Why haven’t you asked her to do any modeling? I’m sure she would have accepted without thinking twice.”

“She tried, but my friend didn’t like her. I believe she chose her friend Fluttershy instead.” Chrysalis’s mood was instantly restored.

Fancy Pants turned towards one of the doors and opened it. Inside was a studio with various ponies setting up a photo shoot while various mares were either walking around or had their photos taken. A pegasus mare was surrounded by various make-up artists as a blue earth pony ordered them what to do. “No, less eye liner. More. Perfect! She iz ready now. It iz now time to make…da magics!” she exclaimed while sticking a hoof out.

“Hard at work as usual I see, Photo.”

She turned and looked at him, pleased with his arrival. “Zere you are! I need you to review our contracts with da publishing company in Trottiningham.” She then took notice of his company. “And who is zis? Another model?”

Chrysalis, who figured out who Fancy’s mystery lover was, saw a moment of opportunity and took it. “Yes I am. Fancy Pants was an acquaintance of one of my friends and she's always telling me that I should be a model. I just met him today and I decided to give it a try, if it isn’t too much trouble.”

Photo Finish circled around her, carefully examining her figure. She got behind her and stopped to stare at her flank. “Zis cutie mark. What iz it?”

“I sort of help ponies fall in love. It’s not really that special,” she answered while pretending to be shy.

Photo laughed loudly. “I think it iz an excellent talent. Love iz the greatest zing a pony could feel.” Her expression then turned into scorn. “Shame zat not all poniez realize zis and would rather mess around.” She saw the way Chrysalis was looking at her and resumed her regular self. “I zink you have what it takes. What iz your name, by the way?”

“Cherub,” she said proudly.

“Alright, Cherub, please wait here while I prepare a room for you.” She went to one of the doors in the back of the room and disappeared.

The changeling turned towards the stallion. “You’re telling me that out of all the mares you get, she’s the one you want?"

He nodded. “That is correct. She and I have known each other for a very long time and I have taken a liking to her. And what you are even doing accepting her offer? I thought you were supposed to be helping me.”

“I’m doing it because I want to for myself and that it will help me with my job. I won’t stand out as much if I look like I work here. Playing matchmaker in the field requires a bit of subtlety.”

He smiled. “I see. That is very clever.”

“Anyway, why don’t you ask her out or something? It should be easy enough if you’re good friends.”

Fancy Pants let out a sigh. “I’m afraid it’s not so simple. Did you see how mad she got when she talked about ponies messing around?”

It took her a moment to realize what he was implying. “Was she talking about you?”

“Yes. You see, many years ago, I was not the gentlecolt I am now. I was wild young thing who loved nothing more than spending money and chasing girls. One of those girls was Photo herself. There was just something about her that just kept bringing me back to her. Perhaps it was her fiery passion for art, or maybe it was her accent. Whatever it was, it was the first time I had fallen in love.”

“So we kept seeing each other and eventually she gave me a job here. She was originally just a simple photographer, but I helped her turn into something much more. I financed her and provided her with many beautiful mares. We later on grew close and began dating. Sadly, the charm I used to convince the models to join tended to stick, sort of like with Rarity, and being surrounded by so many gorgeous mares who wanted a piece of me brought me to my old ways.”

The changeling gasped. “How scandalous!”

“Indeed. I had started becoming distant with Photo as I was much more interested in all of the other girls. After several months, she had caught me having a rather private photo session with one of them and had figured out everything. I confronted her in her home and she was furious. I tried to calm her down, but I was only met with heavy objects being flung towards me.”

Chrysalis was actually surprised from his story. After everything she had seen from him, she did not expect him to have done anything like that. Releasing the story to the media would have made things interesting for a while, but she thought it was a little too mean for somepony she didn’t hate as much. “So why are you two still working together if she hates your guts? I would have fired you if I was her.”

“As much as she wanted me out of her life, I was one of the reasons why she had become a big success in the first place. She decided to keep me and it was over a month before she had said a word to me. Right now we are just business partners and nothing more. I should have told you of all this before, but I was just so ashamed. Do you think you can help me, Cherub?”

Chrysalis rubbed her chin, pondering everything he told her. “I’m not going to lie: if she’s held on to a grudge this long, it would be very hard to have her let go in a day. I may help ponies find love, but you might need a miracle worker to help you with this.”

Fancy became slightly afraid. “Please try your best,” he pleaded. “I would greatly appreciate any effort you make.”

“Cherub!” a voice called. They looked and saw Photo waving to her. “We are ready for you now.”

“Coming, Ms. Finish.” She left the stallion behind and entered the other room. She was seated in front of a large mirror and then immediately surrounded by several make-up artists, bombarding her with powder, lipstick, and other things. When they were finished, she looked into the mirror. She hated how she looked, but she decided to keep her thoughts to herself. Chrysalis was taken out of her seat and was given a dress, which she put on.

Photo examined her all over, making sure everything was in place. “Oh, it looks perfect on you. Now we go! Let’s see you make…da magics!”

They returned to the room with the set and Chrysalis stood in front of the cameras. She wasn’t nervous at all since she was only doing this temporarily and using a false identity, but while she was doing this, she was going to have fun with it. “So what do I do?”

“Just go stand over there and do what I tell you to do. Now, show me what you got!” Chrysalis decided to strike a pose and the next thing she knew, she was being blinded by many flashes. “Good! Now give me something else. Yes! Nice! Keep going! More! More! Oh, zis iz beautiful. Okay, enough!” The crew departed from the set as Photo started dragging her back into the changing room. Inside, she tossed her another dress. “Put zis on,” she ordered.

While Chrysalis was dressing, she decided to get to work. “So Fancy Pants has told me a lot about you, Ms. Finish.”

“Oh really?” She noticed that’s Photo’s tone had changed into something aggressive. Clearly she was just as mad as she was all that time ago. “What waz it zat he had to say?”

“He just told me about you two help ponies reach stardom.”

The earth pony scoffed. “We do so much more than zat. We create art! Culture! Lifestyle! Being famous simply pales to what is created by my talent. Of course he wouldn’t share my vision. All he sees is bits and beautiful girls.”

Chrysalis was very annoyed by how Photo twisted her words. “I’m pretty sure that’s not what he meant.”

“Are you finished yet? Good. Let us resume in da picture making.” They went back out to the studio. Photo left her on the set and brought over a yellow unicorn. “Now, I want you to do a few pictures with Honey Dew. You zink you can handle that?”

“I think I can,” she lied.

“Excellent. Now you two wait here while I get my good camera.” Photo turned and left the two mares behind.

While the former queen was hostile, the model was more than friendly. “Are you new here? It’s so nice to meet you! I can’t wait to get to know you.”

Chrysalis didn’t like the idea of having anyone trying to steal her spotlight, especially a lowly pony. “I just hope Photo’s good camera is a magic one that drops ten pounds instead of adding, seeing your condition.”

Honey Dew looked at her, appalled. “M-my condition?”

“You know.” She got up to her ear and whispered, “Your weight issue.”

“I-I don’t have one!” the model shouted defiantly.

The changeling giggled and leaned around the mare. “I noticed your butt jiggling when you were walking.”

Honey gasped and looked at her flank. “It’s not that big, is it!?”

“It was bouncing all over place like jello. Do they call you Honey Dew because you like to stick your hoof in the honey jar and get nice and fat?”

Honey shrieked and bolted to the restroom, likely trying to lose her imaginary weight through the fastest way possible. Photo Finish returned, but had not noticed what happened. “Where iz Ms. Honey Dew?” she asked while looking around the room.

“I don’t know,” Chrysalis replied innocently.

Photo sighed. “I guess it will be just you again, Cherub. Just do what you did last time.” This time, Chrysalis was more eager to show off her body. For these pictures, she decided to crank up the sex appeal. If this didn’t put her on the cover of any magazine, then nothing would have.

“Celestia, eat your heart out,” she said under her breath as she continued to pose.

After several more pictures, the camera crew left to go to another set. The photographer began heading towards the dressing room again. “Alright, five more of dese and zen you can take your break, Cherub.”

The changeling quickly trotted up to her. “Ms. Finish, about Fancy Pants.”

Photo Finish growled. “What about him now?”

Chrysalis thought there was no point to beat around the bush any longer. “He kind of told me about you two having a relationship in the past.”

The earth pony stopped and stared at her. “And did he tell you why it ended?” she asked coldly.

“Yeah, and he feels really bad about what he did.”

“Seeing how he didn’t care about my feelings back then, I don’t so much care about hiz now!” Photo Finish continued heading back to the back room, her mood completely soured.

Leaving her in a foul mood because of the past was not going to help her in the slightest. “You don’t miss him at all? I thought you two were very close.”

Photo didn’t bother to look at her. “I’m not sure what I could possibly mizz about zat deviant.”

Chrysalis increased her pace and stood in front of her. “Come on. You sure there’s nothing you like about him? There must be something if you kept him around this long. Just try to think of one good moment the two of you shared. Anything.”

Photo decided to recollect her time with the stallion. A few seconds later, a smile appeared over her scowl. “Well, for a first date, he waz kind enough to bring me to…it doesn’t matter! I did the smart thing and left hiz sorry flank behind while I moved ahead in life. I will not make the same mistake again. There’s much more magic to create, so less talking and more working.” After Chrysalis got dressed up again, the pony went behind her camera as Chrysalis got back onto the set. The changeling was happy that she managed to chip away a piece of the brick wall that was Photo Finish. Maybe her job wasn’t a complete lost cause if she remained persistent.

“Now, bring more me more beauty! Good. Excellent! Superb!” Photo suddenly gasped. “Stop zat right now! We are making art, not pictures for Playcolt! Cut!”


Chrysalis spent over four hours modeling and as much as she enjoyed doing it, her current assignment took a higher priority. Whenever she had the chance, she would go to Photo and try to bring up Fancy Pants as much as she could in hopes of convincing her to drop all her hatred of him. She managed to get her to talk a little about her past with the stallion, but she was still determined on blowing him off. But now whenever they spoke, she would only think of the good times, so she was getting somewhere.

It was the end of the work day and she was certain she would give in at any moment. Since she would not be there tomorrow, now would have been the best time to make her final push. “Alright, dat’s a wrap!” called out Photo to her entire staff.

To the changeling’s surprise, posing for several hours was actually very exhausting. “So how did I do?”

Photo’s eyes were gleaming and she clapped her hooves together. “You were absolutely marvelous! Have you done something like zis before?”

Chrysalis loved her praise. “No, I just went with what felt natural.” She had actually done a bit of posing during her hunts, but she had mostly done it in private and in front of a mirror.

The earth pony threw a hoof around her and pointed outward. “You have such grace, Cherub. If you stay with me, I will take you as high as the starz themselvez and make you a symbol of Equestrian culture!”

Chrysalis smiled, desiring what she was being promised. “I’ll be sure to thank Fancy Pants for giving me such an amazing opportunity.”

Photo became agitated by her comment. “If you want to make it big, you better stay away from him. He iz no good.”

“I really think you need to forgive him for that one mistake.”

Photo Finish groaned. “Must you bring dis up again? I have my reasons for breaking up with him. I don’t trust him. He may seem all charming, but there’s a reason he works in a modeling agency.”

“Does it bother you when he’s with other mares?”

Photo Finish was flustered. “Of course it does. No mare should fall for his charade. At first he makes you feel like you’re special and you’re the only one he has his eyes on. And before you know it, you catch him saying zat exact same thing to another mare. If you cannot zee him for what he iz, zen zis conversation is over.”

Right as she turned around, Chrysalis grabbed her and turned her back. “Believe me when I say Fancy Pants is definitely not like that anymore. I think you should go and just give him a chance.” She didn’t notice the other models were now looking at them.

“Why? Just to have my heart broken again? After what he did, I could never bring myself to love another,” barked Photo.

“I thought you said love was the most important thing a pony could feel,” Chrysalis reminded.

“I guess it’s just something not for me,” replied the stubborn mare.

“So what then? Do you want to grow old and live alone as you go senile and talk to your photos as if they were really alive?” The earth pony stared her down from behind her large glasses. “Look, it’s obvious you are still attached to him, but you’re scared of getting hurt again. I can sympathize with what happened, but you just need to give him another chance. It’s better than just living in spite for the rest of your life. He’s not the same pony he was back then. He’s a true gentlecolt.”

Photo was steadily becoming angrier with her. “And why should I take your word for it? Why do you keep insisting on talking about him when it’s clear dat I don’t want to be with him?”

“Because my talent is to help ponies fall in love, remember?” She pointed a hoof at her cutie mark, hoping she would get the hint.

Something clicked in the head of the blue mare and her hatred of Fancy Pants began to sway. “Yes, I see. Maybe you do know what you’re saying after all. But how do you know he even thinks of me that way?”

“While we were coming here, he wouldn’t stop talking about you. He went on about you being good at taking pictures and stuff like that and feels completely ashamed about what happened. Hasn’t he ever tried apologizing to you for it?”

Photo eyed the floor. “Yes, but I always told him off. I just can’t bring myself into forgiving him. He was such a jerk.”

“Trust me when I say that he is a completely different pony from all that time ago. There is a reason he is now one of the most respected ponies in all of Equestria. He is polite, charismatic, and he always runs those charity events. Does that sound like the Fancy Pants who took advantage of you all those years ago?”

Photo slowly smiled. “I zink you bring up a good point. I really do want to be with him. He was so dreamy back zen and he still iz now, maybe even a little more after you described him.” She looked up at Chrysalis. “You’re da expert. What should I do?”

Chrysalis threw a hoof around her and pulled her close. “It’s simple. Just go to dinner with him tonight and talk. It doesn’t need to be romantic, just you two spending some quality time together as friends. I’m sure you can ignite an old spark. Even if you don’t, at least let go of what happened. I promise you that he wants things to be back to the way they were and it would be better than holding a grudge. And if things just don’t work out romantically, I promise I will help find another stallion for you.” The models were now grouping together, murmuring to each other.

Photo was becoming very excited over thinking that she could actually live happily ever after. “Very well. You go tell him zat I will meet him in an hour. He’ll know where I want to go. I must make some preparationz before coming.” Photo finish walked out with a skip in her step, humming happily.

Chrysalis was smiling as well, believing that her attempt was successful. She couldn’t wait to tell Fancy Pants the news and be done with this incredibly long job. If things ended well tonight, her business would be booming. However, as she tried to leave the studio, she was blocked off by a mare. “Excuse me, what do you think you’re doing?” she asked the changeling.

“I’m trying to leave, so get out of my way.” Chrysalis tried to walk past her, but was shoved back. “Watch it, girl,” she said threateningly. She then noticed that all of the other models had surrounded her, all of them angry. “Why are you all looking at me like that?”

“It’s because you want Fancy Pants to marry that old crone!” the mare yelled at her.

“And why is that any of your concern?” she asked hatefully.

“Don’t you get it?” barked another model. “Fancy Pants is one of the wealthiest and most popular bachelors in Equestria.”

Chrysalis gave out an annoyed sigh. “And let me guess, you want to marry him.”

“Exactly.”

“So you want to deny him and Photo Finish true happiness just so you can get rich and have your picture shown in a few magazines?” Chrysalis would have easily done the same thing, but now wasn’t the time.

“Hardly. I think he would be much happier with a young girl like us.”

Chrysalis became very worried. Her plan was going to go up in smoke if a dozen mares barged in on their date and demanded his hoof in marriage and she probably couldn’t take them all on by herself. But like she did as a queen, she could just have others solve her problems for her. “So which one of you will be the lucky bride?” she asked the mob.

“Me!” they all said at once. They then looked at each other, actually surprised that another mare wanted him.

Chrysalis chuckled loudly, annoying her captors. “Now you see the problem. He can’t possibly marry all of you. He would probably pick the most beautiful mare. Now which one of you is that?”

“Well that’s easy,” said one mare. “It’s me. I’m the best looking.”

“Oh please, you’re so last month. I’m the one who’s hot right now!”

“Yeah, but that’s only because you got wing implants,” another hissed.

“Liar!”

Chrysalis could feel the rising tension in the room. They were currently yelling at each other and had forgotten about her. She slowly inched her way to the door, hoping that none of them would notice her. It was good that they had turned on each other, but she decided to play it safe and make sure none of them would interfere at all. “Hey!” All of the models became silent. “You know what Fancy Pants doesn’t find attractive? Black eyes and bruises.”

All of the other mares looked at her, confused. When they realized what she was getting at, they turned towards each other with malicious smiles on their faces. They yelled as they all piled on each other and started fighting. They were all bucking, biting, and even pulling on each others hair. Chrysalis saw three mares charging towards her and rushed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her. She grabbed a nearby chair and lodged it against the door. The door was being pounded with tremendous force as a bunch of ponies slammed against it.

“What is going on!?” Chrysalis looked and saw Fleur dashing over.

“Fleur, help me hold the door!” she ordered.

“But-”

“Just do it!”

Fleur obeyed and took hold of the chair. “What is going on in there? Why are they all fighting?”

“No time to explain. For Celestia’s sake, you need to keep that door closed. Also, where is Fancy Pants?”

“He is currently in his office, on the third floor.” Chrysalis bolted down the hall, leaving her behind. “Wait! How long am I supposed to stay here!?”

The red unicorn dashed up the flight of stairs and threw the door to the office open. Fancy Pants was sitting at a desk, going through several documents and was not expecting her entrance as some of the papers fell onto the floor. “Cherub?” he asked in surprise. “Whatever is the matter?”

“Great news,” Chrysalis panted. “Photo Finish wants to go to dinner with you in about an hour.”

The stallion quickly stood up, completely overjoyed. “Really? That’s fantastic!”

She ran over and started dragging him by the hoof. “Yeah, but we need to get going right now.”

He took a pocket watch out of his suit. “But what’s the rush? There’s still plenty of time.”

“We need to get out of here as soon as possible. Your life depends on it.”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Let’s go already!”

He decided not to ask anymore and followed her out. When they returned to the lobby, they saw several security guards rushing towards the studio. “What is going on over there?”

“Nothing. Just keep walking.”


It was dusk as both of the unicorns waited nearby the entrance of the restaurant. For the past fifteen minutes, Fancy Pants kept rechecking himself in the window. “For the last time, you have nothing in your teeth and your hair doesn’t look like you’re wearing a toupee, so stop worrying so much and just act natural.”

He pulled away from the glass and nodded. “Sorry, it’s just that I’m a bit nervous.”

Chrysalis rolled her eyes. “You don’t say.”

“I can’t believe she’s given me another chance,” he said excitedly. “I’ve tried convincing her myself, but she wouldn’t have any of it. How in Equestria did you get her to change her mind?”

She shrugged. “What can I say? I have a way with words. Just make sure you do your part and maybe we’ll be hearing wedding bells in the near future.”

He suddenly took her hoof. “I can never thank you enough for what you have done. You are a truly remarkable pony and you have changed my life forever.” He then proceeded to kiss her hoof, which Chrysalis didn’t mind.

“FANCY PANTZ!”

Both of them jumped and saw a very angry Photo Finish approaching. “Photo!” Fancy Pants gasped.

She furiously stomped over to them and got right in the changeling’s face. “So is this how it is, Cherub? You try so hard to tell me what a wonderful guy he is and den proceed to make moves on him!? How dare you toy with me like zis!” Photo began to walk away. “Enough of zese games! You can keep your tramp, Fancy! And don’t bother coming to work tomorrow, Cherub!”

He quickly ran to her. “Now just wait a minute. I was just properly thanking Ms. Cherub for helping me in convincing you. There is nothing going on between us,” he assured.

She scoffed. “Sure, and you probably just happen to have several pictures of her for your cutie mark collage!”

Chrysalis felt weird by what she had just said, but she decided to ignore it. “Ms. Finish, if you would just listen for a minute.”

Photo faced her and the changeling could somehow see the rage from behind her glasses. “I don’t need to listen to anything! I can clearly see what iz going on, you trollop.”

“Ms. Finish…” she said with rising anger.

“You obviously are in cahootz with him. You were to try to make me think that Fancy Pantz had changed in order to get my hopez up. And when I arrive, you would show that it waz a lie, crushing my spiritz.”

Chrysalis absolutely despised being ignored, especially now as she was so close to complete a task that would greatly benefit her needs. “Photo…”

“And when I run home and cry myself to sleep, you would come and finish me off, making it look like it waz my own doing. And then you would change my will to have it say I left all my money to you two. Well I will not stand for dis!” She got on her hind legs and raised her front hooves, giving off jabs in the air. “Dis old girl still has fight in her. Your magic cannot compare to my kung-hoof training!”

“Will you just shut up for a minute and listen!?” Both ponies stared at her, surprised by her outburst. “You want the truth? Well here it is! I actually do have a job in matchmaking and Fancy Pants is my client!”

Photo took a quick step back. “What!?”

“Yes. I met him through a friend and when he heard about my profession, he told me about his situation and hired me. He even got on his knees and begged for my help because he is so in love with you.”

“No, I-” He saw the look Chrysalis was giving him and knew what she was trying to do. “I mean, yes I did. I know it seems silly, but I was just so desperate for you.”

“Fancy…” the mare said in shock.

“I couldn’t get the guy to leave me alone. He kept going on and on about how he couldn’t live without you and how no girl ever caught his eye like you did. Trust me, Photo, he is really into you. You-”

Photo Finish raised a hoof in front of Chrysalis’s face. “You stop speaking, now!” The way she interrupted the changeling was almost enough for her to take the hoof and sink her fangs into it in rage, but Chrysalis restrained herself. Photo Finish turned towards Fancy Pants. She took off her large sunglasses, showing her violet eyes. “I want to hear everything from him.”

Fancy Pants looked deeply into her eyes. “Everything she has said is true. I hired her because I knew I could never convince you myself, no matter how hard I try. I know what I did to you hurt more than anything else in your life and I can never forgive myself. You are the most important pony to me, Photo. You are the reason I changed my ways into becoming the stallion I am today. I want to show you how much you have changed me and make you happy. So what do you say? Will you allow me to show you?”

“Oh Fancy Pantz…” Both of them stared at each other in silence, smiling. Suddenly, Photo Finish slapped him across the face. “You should have said dis to me sooner!”

“But I’ve tried!” he complained while rubbing his cheek.

“You should have tried harder!” She then let out a sigh. “Maybe I’ve been too angry at you. Fifteen years iz a long time to stay mad about something. I suppose I should have given you a second chance before, or maybe at least gone lighter on you. I was just so angry for how you betrayed my feelings. But now, I feel dat things will actually end happily between us. I want to try to make this work this time.” She looked up at him with moist eyes. “I want you in my life, Fancy.”

Fancy felt bliss from her words. “I am so joyed to hear that. Now we should-”

“Don’t zink you’re off da hook!” she snapped. “You are going to walk me home and cook dinner for me. And tomorrow, you are going to pay for the damages and apologize to my staff for having that unicorn of yours start that brawl!”

“What? What damages? What brawl?” He looked at Chrysalis, who was looking away and whistling innocently. “O-of course. I will get right on it.”

“Good, and there will be much more to be expected. Now let us depart. I tire of the night air.”

“Just give me a moment. I need to speak with her for just a minute.” Fancy Pants ran over to Chrysalis. “I cannot thank you enough for all you have done for me. I am in your debt.”

“She still seems to hate you, though,” noted the changeling.

He took a glance at Photo. “She does, but at least she has given me the chance for me to redeem myself. That is more than I could ever ask for.” He reached into his suit and pulled out a large bag. “Here is the rest of your payment. It has been worth every bit.”

Chrysalis accepted his very generous offer. It was likely he was paying her more than the actual price of her services, but she decided not to say anything. “It’s been a pleasure. If things do work out between you two, be sure to tell everypony that I was responsible for it.”

He nodded. “I promise. And when you see Rarity, please tell her that I am sorry for what happened and give her my best regards.”

“Fancy, hurry up!” called out the mare. “I am having da cravings!”

“Coming, Photo!” He ran to her side and they disappeared into the distance.

Chrysalis turned and started heading towards the train station. She was relieved to be finally able to leave Canterlot and return to the less dangerous Ponyville. She couldn’t help but smile. She made a good amount of money, possibly increased her reputation by about tenfold, was able to strut her stuff, start a fight, and best of all, she made one of Twilight’s closest friends cry, all in one day. At least now that Rarity was single again, Spike would be able to get with her and generate some love for the town. It seemed like things were finally going her way.

She looked around the city once more. It bothered her to see all of the posters demonizing her kind. Now that she thought about it, she hadn’t even spoken with a changeling in several months. She was still trapped in Ponyville with nowhere else to go. She looked up at the castle and began to think about the one back at her home. She had never been away from her home for this long before. Chrysalis missed the beautiful sight that was her kingdom, wondering whether or not she would ever be able to return home. The thought of failure began to weigh down on her as she hung her head. She missed it all: Her throne, her subjects, the atmosphere, everything from the Changeling Kingdom.

Everything except Nymph.