• Published 10th Jan 2013
  • 3,247 Views, 97 Comments

Evil Always Finds A Way - Boyzilla



Thousands of years after the Great Sundering, the Alicorn Kingdom rules, but now, deep in the bowls of the Earth, a new Overlord awakens. And he shall rule this world! Because Evil Always Finds A Way.

  • ...
7
 97
 3,247

4: Mistresses and Minion Mixium

4: Mistresses and Minion Mixium

"Big, tall, powerful, and an army of creatures under your command? Yes, I like you, but what is your goal?" The Alicorn, with jade fur coat and sparking red mane, With an book and speech bubble as her rump mark, said.

Our great Overlord, replied in his simple sentences. "To bring back. He said.

"Bring back what?" She curiously questioned.

The Overlord stayed silent for a few seconds, before replying. "My kind." Then he recalled his minions back to him, making sure they were ready to move.

"And how exactly, are you going to bring back your... Kind?"

"By killing a goddess. He said.

"You mean the goddess that created everything? The world, animal life, pony kind, civilization?"

"All lies from her followers, and speculations of the stupid. The goddess banished many sentient species from the world for her own gains, before your kind ever came to be." The Overlord answered, why was he even telling her this?

"So, the goddess is a bitch?" She seemed to conclude.

Discord just nodded, before sending his minions to pillage for gold and weapons in the Hall.

"In that case, I'll help you!" Wait... what? "Plus, I'm sure a big... Guy, such as yourself needs a mistress to keep things ordered."

Discord secluded himself in his thoughts, pros? Someone... Pony, to help in organization, as well as a potential political tool and information of the Alicornia Kingdom. Plus, she could possibly help in convincing any military or civilians to join his cause of bringing the kingdom down to it's very knees, cons? Potential betrayal, previous mistresses for Overlords had a knack for knick-knacks which includes expenses, and it's a mercy act for letting her live.

The pros outweighed the cons only slightly, and from Gnarl's tutoring, and history lessons, sometimes showing mercy helps in evil goals. It was settled then, she will be his mistress, but he'll keep in eye out for her. That, and she'll not become his first mistress, that goes to a human female, once he finds a way to bring back the other species.

"Fine." The Overlord answered.

"Alright, name is Chalina! Lead on big guy." She commented.

Discord's great supervisor decided to comment. "Well, sire... I've seen stranger ways of achieving a mistress, our last Overlord has a Elven Queen that got corrupted, now she was a wild one!"

'Wild in what way?' Discord responded.

'I believe humans say... "She had a way in the bed.'

Discord let loose a darkly chuckle, remembering how his childhood with Gnarl was not all tutoring, but stories of the Overlords of old. Discord's favorite was the Overlord of Noidberg. He would take some of that Overlord's tactics and apply it to his own, it was one of the reasons he thought of the catapult to destroy the walls of Stalie

The Overlord recalled his minions to him, and went outside. He journeyed to the temple area where the pillars crumbled into pieces as a Nethergate arose from the ground. With the Netherworld object being close by, the Overlord's minions carried it into the Nethergate where then his gauntlet glowed with malicious energy, giving him control of over twenty-five minions.

'You now can control twenty-five minions! That's ten more ready to obey your every command. Also sire, we now equip the newborns with armor and weapons. However we are still low on stock so you might want to put those newly acquired slaves to use. Not like they do much else except eat grass all day.' Gnarl advised.

After 'appointing' a unicorn as the temporary manager of Stalie, putting taxes, and 'persuading' ponies to work in the mines for materials. The Overlord, and his new mistress, entered the Nethergate.


"After so long, the dark tower finally has a worthy Overlord! Great job sire, I'm sure the Alicornia Kingdom is trembling in fear!" He glanced at the Alicorn mistress, then back to Discord. "Perhaps you and your mistress should visit the private quarters."

Chalina glanced around at her new enviroment, noting the sprewing lava that she would have to avoid. All in all, the Nether didn't seem like a rundown building at the slightest.

"Not bad, but it could use some more, decor. I'll be in your room big guy, when you need me." The Alicorn walked toward the room staircase. "Give me some of those minions for a bit, and I'll have a surprise for you." With that, she went, a few brown minions wearing worker clothing following.

"Take my advice on the fairer sex, buy them lots of knick-knacks. Ladies like knick-knacks." He said, nodding to himself.

The Overlord took off his helmet, moving his neck about as he heard the satisfying crack. He looked to Gnarl and said. "Anything to report?"

"Mmh..." Gnarl rubbed his chin. A green minion wearing leather armor came up to him and whispered something, then went on his way. "Ah, sire. We just recently finished a new feature in our lovely Netherworld."

The Overlord nodded and replied. "Show me."

"Right this way." Gnarl answered darkly, leading toward down the staircase where the old training grounds were.

They ventured deeper, until they came upon what used to be the training grounds, emphasize on 'used to be' as the whole of the grounds had been completely redone to not even resemble an inch of the place. The grass was placed by black marble, and their was a giant white circle with four pillars leading to it. Each pillar had a place to jump off from, and each pillar was colored like the minions it represented. Brown, Red, Green, and Blue.

The walls were craved out too, no longer where their just natural formations instead it twisted and turned, giving the area a more chaotic feel. On the white marble circle, a strange array of glowing glyphs and runes were engraved into it.

Discord turned to Gnarl. "What is this place?" The Overlord demanded.

"This is our new Minion Mixium! An area where you can create your own minion to use in combat! A minion that has its own specialties and can be summoned at any time, regardless if you reached the horde limit your gauntlet can command." Gnarl stepped up the stair case leading to a magic tome floating on a pedestal.

The gray minion looked to the Overlord, his hands rubbing against each other in a malicious way. "The pillars represent the minions, you sacrifice minions like the forge, each giving their own strengths to your special juggernaut. Browns represent strength, Reds are flame affinity, Greens represent speed, and Blues give your minion the ability to cast spells. Of course, the minion could never be as strong as you sire. The minion will be just as loyal and stupid as your regular brown, willingly sacrificing itself for your leisurely if you so command it too. As a bonus, it can be summoned with a spell at any time."

Discord rubbed his chin in thought. A specialized minion can be useful in taking down stronger foes. The minion could also be summoned by a spell and wouldn't take any horde space. Which could prove useful if he could summon it at an area he points too.

"What's the limit?" He questioned, there was always a catch.

"Ah, well, we don't have any Netherworld objects to hone the Mixium to further increase the minions powers. As such, the minion right now at it's max would be just as strong as your average armored brown, strength wise." Gnarl said.

"Anyway to... Create, an Netherworld object?" Discord said.

"Mmh..." Gnarl rubbed his chin, thinking. "I do recall how to make such an object, but we don't have the right materials, and we also need magical essence from some powerful item or being. Perhaps a couple sacrifices of Alicorns could supply that yes?" Gnarl grinned.

Discord nodded, raising his gauntlet over the floating tome. His magic coursing through it, down the pedestal, and into the runes that linked the whole room. Magic filled the Mixium, and the minions await to jump in for their master's leisure. Discord had a total of... After the slaughtering of the Stalie 'soldiers', one-hundred and sixty-six Brown life force, thirty-seven Fire life force, twenty-one Blue life force from the Unicorns, and strangely enough, ten Green life force.

And after some tinkering, sacrificing, change of looks, the minion was finally done. Discord gave it a name, a reference to all his minions being color names... Orange.

The skin appeared orange after all, it had a single horn protruding out of it's head, also a bony spike coming from its elbow with a small lizard tail. The Overlord didn't know where the tail came from, probably the blue life force mixed with all the Green ones. The Orange stood half of the Overlord's height, which is a inch or two taller then your average minion. Besides that, everything else was looking like the dominate Brown life force.


The Overlord traveled up the stairway, his helmet reattached to his head. The dark evil aura emitting from his very being as he took step by step toward the private quarters. When he reached the room, he stood their looking about to find his whole room redecorated in a variety of dark colors. Where was the pink through, he likes a dark pink. Such a bright color turning into a nightmarish hue, showing that even the brightest light can be corrupted by choas. He'll fix that later he guessed.

"Like what I did to the place?" The Alicorn mistress said, appearing before him in a... seducing matter.

"It is... Decent." He commented, he liked the change of colors, he admitted to himself that it looked too plain before.

He looked at her, at which she said. "Like what you see?"

However, Discord was no fool to this art of manipulation. "No." He darkly answered. The Alicorn frowned for a bit, but returned to her regular attitude.

"Alright then, now if you please follow me big guy, I'll show you a detailed map that you seem to need in this... Tower of yours."

His evilness followed the not-first-mistress Alicorn to a wide table. He glanced at the map to find it astonishingly detailed with the current world and cities. He glanced at one area in particular that was near some ruins, with this in mind and also something else...

"To build a Netherworld object, we need three materials. Arcadium, a big chunk of magical essence, and obsidian. We have the obsidian, we just need the other two. Arcadium ore, if I recall, can be found in area heavily influenced in ancient magic.

He pointed at the area detailing the ruins, near it was another town by the name of... Oh, he can't read pony. How annoyingly troublesome. So, he asked his 'mistress' about it.

"That town is named Cornis, the town is mostly inhabitant by Unicorns and Pegasi. I believe a few Alicorns live their as well to study the nearby ruins, probably built by your people I assume. The ruins have a strange magic to them that most unicorns and some Alicorns wish to interpret, the ruins are also a... Swamp to some creatures." Chalina explained.

'Mmh, a swamp as well... Possibility that the Green hive is their, so I could bring them back. And also a new town to go over and with a possibility of a few new Netherworld objects. And with the strange magic in the ruin area, possibility of the ground having Arcadium to mine.'

With this in mind, the Overlord turned around and headed back down to the throne, ordered Grubby to make a Nethergate nearby the target area, then he waited his time.