• ...
42
 150
 3,981

Moving and Fighting

I picked up my piece of shit phone and called my friends, Connor and Alex. Alex got me hooked on the show and then I got Connor to watch it. We've been bronies ever since. I knew I was going to need help with Chrysalis and they were the only ones who could help.
After a few seconds, Connor picked up the phone.
"The fuck do you want man," he asked, annoyed, "It's almost 10:00 dude."
"Listen, Connor," I said, "Get your ass over here, now. I'll explain everything when you get here."
"Just tell me now man," he said.
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," I said as I watched Chrysalis explore my living room.
"Fine, I'll be over in a little bit." He hung up the phone and I called Alex.
He picked up the phone right away.
"Hey man," he said, "Was up?"
"I need you to come over here now," I told him.
"Hehehe, come."
"You preverted son of a bitch, get the fuck over here," I said.
"Alright, alright, I'm coming. Hehehe coming."
I hung up the phone and walked over to Chrysalis, who was now looking at my T.V.
"I need you to hide," I told her.
She gave me a questioning look.
"Please?"
Then she walked over to the couch and got under my jacket. I paced around until I heard two cars pull into my drive way. Then Alex and Connor walked in.
"What is it man," Connor asked.
"Now listen guys," I said, "You have to believe me when I tell you, I found a filly Chrysalis."
They stared at me for a moment before laughing their asses off.
"No! I'm serious! Look!" I lifted my jacket and reveled Chrysalis.
"Wow, you got a plushie," Connor said.
Then he got the surprise of his life. Chrysalis saw the trouble I was having and wasn't to happy. So while they were laughing, Chrysalis got off the couch and walked up to Connor, and proceeded to stomp on his toe with her hoof.
"Mother FUCKER," he shouted as he fell to the floor, grabbing his toe. I picked Chrysalis up and looked at them.
"You believe me now," I asked again.
They nodded.
"Good, cause I need your help."
"Why would you need our help," Alex asked.
"Well for starters, you know more than I do, and secondly, you two owe me."
They looked at each other.
"Alright," they said.
"Good. Now, I need you to take my brother and sister for a while," I said.
"WHAT," they almost shouted, "ARE YOU FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD?!?!"
"Umm…yes," I answered.
Connor face-palmed.
"I should've know that was the answer."
"I need you to take them because I don't need them choking Chrysalis because of how adorable she is, or having Chrysalis hurting them."
They nodded.
"That makes sense," Alex said.
"So will you take them?"
"I'll take Justin," Connor said quickly.
"You son of a bitch," Alex said, "Now I'm stuck with his sister."
"That's the point," Connor said.
See, even my friends know that my sister is a brat.
"Hey," I said, "It could be worse."
"How," Alex asked.
"It could have been my step-sister."
Their faces paled.
"She's still in jail for burning your house down and killing your parents, right," they asked.
"Yes."
They let out a sigh of relief. I got Kristen and Justin up and they went with my friends. Now it was just me and Chrysalis.
"What am I going to do with you?"
She looked at me with those innocent eyes. I just sighed and laid down on the couch. As I was about to fall asleep, I felt something rest on my chest. I looked down to see the most adorable sight ever. Chrysalis was sleeping peacefully on my chest. I reached down and scratched her ears. She sighed contently. I smiled and after a few minutes, I fell asleep.
(3 years later)
It's been three years since I found Chrysalis. I kind of think of her as a daughter now. She is now about 2 1/2 feet tall and can talk. We've spent lots of time talking about how she could have gotten here, why she was here, things like that. After a while, she asked for her own room. Ever since I found her, I've just been sleeping on the couch with her. Now that my friends were taking care of my siblings, I did have a spare bedroom. It wasn't anything fancy, all it was was a bed, a dresser, and a closet. But she seemed fine with it. One night as I was putting her to bed, she said three words I never expected to here from her.
"Night dad, I love you."
I froze. She called me daddy. Not only that, but she said, "I love you." I didn't know what to do, but then I remembered what my grandparents would do.
I bent down and hugged her close and said,
"Goodnight my little Crissy, I love you too."
I walked out of the room; turned off the light and walked into my bedroom. I didn't close the door all the way, in case she needed me. I just lay there, thinking.
She called me daddy. She did that often but I can see why seeing that I raised her since she was a filly, but she even said, "I love you." It took her saying those words for me to realize, I'm her daddy, and she is my daughter. She is…my little Crissy.
(5 years later)
It's been 8 years since Crissy came into my life. She's grown a lot now, almost 4 1/2 feet tall. She's been talking a lot more now. We've been growing a lot closer. One day I saw her staring outside longingly. I knew I couldn't keep her inside her entire life. Heh, I keep telling myself she's going to be here forever, but that isn't true.
I did some research on how to teach birds to fly. Like in the fanfic, My Little Dashie, I tried to avoid the Internet. The only reason that I have any idea what to do was because I had read that book on the site. It seems Rob had the right idea when taking care of a cartoon pony. I haven't told her about the show, but I will have to eventually. She will find out in her own soon enough, but I'll wait to see what happens.
Today, it was her 8 birthday. As it turns out, she is quite the baker. The cake we made was delicious. That night as I was falling asleep, I saw something open my door. I sat up and saw Crissy standing there, eyes blood-shot like she had been crying.
"Crissy," I said, walking over to her, "What's wrong?"
"I-I had a n-nightmare," she said.
I picked her up and hugged her. Despite being 4 1/2 feet tall, she was pretty light. I hugged her for a little bit before looking at her.
"Would you like to sleep with me," I asked.
"Yes."
I carried her over to the bed and laid her down. I got under the covers and closed my eyes. As I was about to fall asleep, I felt something rest against me. I looked over and saw that Crissy had curled up next to me and had her head on her forelegs. I smiled and reached over to her and ran my fingers through her silky mane. She sighed happily and nuzzled closer to me. I smiled and after a few minutes, I fell asleep.
The next day was the best day ever. Crissy and I were moving. That's right, moving. I had gotten a huge bonus at work, and then got a lucky lottery ticket. We packed up and now, I had to pick up my siblings. It was time to revile Crissy to them. I made my way to Connor's house first. Crissy and I walked up to the door and I knocked. Conner answered.
"Hey Jonathon, hey Crissy," he said.
"Hey," I said, "Is Justin here?"
"Yeah, hang on a sec." He let us in and I told Crissy to hide. After a minute, Justin and Connor walked in.
"Hey Jonathon," Justin said.
"Hey Justin," I said, "Guess what?"
"Hmm," he asked.
"We're moving to the country!"
His eyes lit up and he ran up to me.
"When are we going," he asked.
"In a minute," I said, "But there's someone you need to meet, because she will be staying with us for a while."
I nodded my head at where Crissy was hiding and she walked out. Justin looked at her and froze.
"Hi there," Crissy said.
"D-did th-that horse j-just t-talk," he asked.
"Yes Justin," I said, "This is Crissy, and she is a pony."
Justin slowly walked up to Crissy and held out his hand. Crissy leaned forward and sniffed his hand. Then she proceeded to nuzzle his hand. He slowly pet her down the neck and through her mane. She sighed happily as he continued to pet her. He smiled.
"She's adorable," he said.
"Yes she is," I said.
I said goodbye to Connor and went to pick up Kristen. I knocked on the door and Alex answered.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey, is Kristen here," I asked.
"Yeah. Come on in, I'll go get her."
We walked in and Crissy hid while Kristen came down the stairs.
I told her that we were moving and that there was someone she had to see. I nodded my head and Crissy walked out in front of Kristen. Kristen wasn't scared of her like I thought she would be, she was happy.
"Jonathon," Kristen asked, "Is she part of the family now?"
"Yes Kristen," I said, "I kind of consider her as my daughter, so yes, she is part of the family."
She walked up to Crissy and pet her mane. It looks like this won't be as hard as I thought.
(2 years later)
Kristen and Justin had moved out of the new house, got their own, and started a family. They still came to visit Crissy, but it was mostly just me and her. I had gotten a new job that paid significantly more than my last one, and since she seemed to enjoy watching videos on the internet, I had gotten a laptop for Crissy. I left for work one morning while she was watching what looked like Happy Wheels with nova. When my shift ended, I went to the store for some groceries. I made my way home and walked inside. I put the groceries on the counter in the kitchen and walked into the living room when I heard it.
This day has been just perfect.
The kind of day I dreamed since I was small.
Everypony I'll soon control.
Every stallion, mare, and foal.
Who says a girl can't really have it all?
I froze. I knew what she was watching, and which episode. I haven't seen that episode in so long, but I still remember that fucking episode. That episode was when Chrysalis destroyed the Canterlot wedding. I knew I had forgotten to do something, and that was to block certain things on the internet. My sun glasses hit the floor. If she didn't know I was home before, she knew now.
"You knew," she said, no emotion in her voice.
"I-"
She turned and looked at me.
"YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS AND NEVER TOLD ME?!"
I felt my heart break in two. It was the first time she had even raised her voice at all at me, but I deserved every second of it. I knew this would happen. Why didn't I tell her sooner!? It would have been better if she hadn't found out on her own. I sat down and told her everything. She had lots of questions, most about her and the show. I told her what I knew and what I believed, but she continued to yell. Finally, she flew up to her room and slammed the door. I checked on her an hour later, but she wasn’t there. I sat down on the couch. I hope that she will come back, but if she doesn't, then she goes back to her own universe. Then I did something I hadn't done before, I walked. I walked through the forest surrounding our house. I walked slowly, hopping to see Crissy somewhere, but I didn't see anything.
(1 1/2 months later)
It's been almost two months now since Crissy flew off, and I wasn't doing too well. I had been walking every day since she left, but I never found her.
Today, I was walking out into the forest to end it all. I had my grandpa's favorite pistol in my pocket, and was walking through the forest. I made it to a clearing in the forest and sat down under a tree. I looked around to make sure no one had followed me. Then I let my tears fall. I cried for a while.
"I'm so sorry," I said to no one. I raised the pistol to my head.
"I'm so sorry Crissy." I squeezed the trigger.
"NOOO," someone shouted. I froze. I knew that voice. I opened my eyes and looked to my left, and there she was. Standing there, covered in leaves and twigs, was Crissy. I put the pistol down and stared at her. She walked over and sat down next to me. For a while we just sat there. Then she broke the silence.
"I never meant to make you want to kill yourself," she said, "I never wanted it to go that far. It's all my fault." She put her head down.
"It's not your fault," I said, "It's mine. I should have told you about that years ago, but I didn't. Instead, I let you find out on your own. That was the biggest mistake of my life."
She sits there for a moment before looking at me. I didn't want to hug her yet, for if she broke away, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.
"D-daddy," she said, "D-do you h-hate me?"
Now was the time. I picked her up and hugged her close.
"Of course I don't hate you, and I never will, no matter what. I will all ways love you with all of my heart."
We sat there for a while, apologizing. Me for the truth, and her for raising her voice.
"Hey dad," she said.
"Yes Crissy?"
"Can we go home now. I need a shower, bad."
I chuckled and nodded my head. We walked home and completely forgot this ever happened. Our lives continued on without anything bad happening. That is, until the bitch showed up.