• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 281 Views, 0 Comments

Chaotic Friendship - FlutterStar



Discord is loose again, and Lyra tries to change that with a little friendship.

  • ...
 0
 281

Chapter 1

Lyra trudges down the rocky cobblestone path, sighing from her hard day at work. She slumps on, seeing some cute fillies playing with each other, a couple of colts, playing tip. They were lucky enough not to be experiencing the madness. Lately, about half the town have become crazy. Nopony knows why, or how.
How she wished that was her at the moment, she wishes that she could be free, happy. Away from this horrible life they call freedom. If this was freedom, she would be able to play on the side of the road without colts laughing at her because she was playing an ‘old fashioned instrument’. What kind of monstrosity is that? Playing a Lyre properly in this age is very rare! Ponies who come by tell her that they are so delighted to hear a proper pony that plays the Lyre.
Anyway, as Lyra trudges past the library, she sees Twilight and her friends, pondering over something.
“Hey Twilight! What’s happening? You look troubled,” She asks.
“Oh hi Lyra, well, Pinkie said she saw something suspicious looking over here, like and antler!” She leans in to Lyra, and whispers in her ear. “Probably just another false alarm, Pinkie Pie has gone a little coo-coo these past few days. Have you tried her cupcakes? Onion and garlic!” Lyra’s face turns sour. She sticks her tongue out.
“Well, I’m sure you’ll figure it out somehow!” She puts on a fake smile, and trudges back home. As she opens the door to her shared home, Lyra plops herself down on the couch.
“You home?” She yells out across the house. No reply, Bon-Bon must not be home yet. The Cakes must be keeping her in. Bon-Bon recently got a job at Sugar Cube corner, and Lyra also recently started the Ponyville band. Lyra’s thoughts we’re interrupted by a shuffle at the door. She hops up to go get it.
“Hey Bon-” Instead of seeing her house mate, she sees nothing! Nothing at all. Must be my imagination, She thought. Lyra walks back to the couch and turns on the TV (Let’s just pretend ponies have TV’s here, Okay??? Can you deal with that? Good? Okay) And flicks through the channels. She lands on her favourite show, My Little Human. It was just a re-run.
“Ugh, I’ve watched this episode, like, 50 times!” She yells out. Lyra flicks through some more channels. And finally lands on a gardening show, their lawn need to be tended to anyway.

Hehehe...

Lyra spins her head around.
“Who’s there?” She asks nobody in particular. Lyra starts spinning around, trying to watch her back.



“Hey Lyr- AHHH!”
“YAAAA!!!” Lyra screams.
“LYRA! You nearly gave me a heart attack!”
“Oh, it’s just you Bon-Bon.” Lyra looks hopeful.
“What do you mean, ‘Oh it’s just you’?” Bon-Bon says, mimicking Lyra, in an annoying way.
“Oh, I thought I heard somepony else,”
“Ugh, your gonna become as crazy as Pinkie Pie,” Bon-Bon mutters, but loud enough for Lyra to hear.
“Hey! I’m not gonna become some psycho pony!”
“Just, ugh,” Bon-Bon tilts her head back in annoyance, “Just, go to bed, I’ll get you some food,”
“Mph, you are not my mother you know!” Lyra yells as she stomps her hoof on every step of the staircase.

“Ugh, she acts like a child sometimes,” Then she goes into the kitchen to start making dinner.


Lyra lays in bed, thinking about that voice.

Hehehe.... Chaos....

There it is! Lyra thinks.
“Who goes there?” She yells.

Oh, somepony who notices me...

Lyra could practically hear the smile behind those words.

Don’t think you’re crazy, everypony can hear me, if I chose. They mostly just think they’re going mad. Take Pinkie Pie for example, she started making Onion and Garlic cupcakes! That, my friend, is what a call chaos.

Chaos, chaos, chaos, chaos! Why does that sound so familiar?

You can’t remember me? What a pity, I mean, I nearly destroyed Ponyville, or even Equestria for Celestia’s sake! I bet everypony in this town could remember me in an instant!

Ugh, this was starting to annoy Lyra, why couldn’t she place her hoof on this mysterious voice?

Oh come on! It’s time to remember me, My Little Pony!

“Your Discord, aren’t you? Spirit of Chaos? The one who was turned to stone, twice! For a matter of fact!”

Wow, you remember me, little pony. How amusing.

“Lyra, I swear your going mad, yelling at somepony who doesn’t even exist.” Lyra hears Bon-Bon treading up the stairs.

Well, I have to go now, see you later, Lyra.

Discord stretches out Lyra’s name, kind of like making fun of it.

“Lyra, who in Equestria were you talking to?” Bon-Bon opens the door, seeing a frightful Lyra standing on the middle of her bed.

“Nopony, nopony at all,”








Shame.

“Shame what?” Lyra says with her mouth full.

Shame that you didn’t tell your little friend.

“Well, I don’t like playing the mad pony, eh?”

Come on, have a little fun, little pony.

“Can you stop calling me ‘Little Pony’!”

Well, what would you like? Harpo? Lyrie?

“How about Lyra? Because, you know, that’s my name?”

Nope, it’s settled. Harpo. If you want to change that, you’ll have to go through some legal rights.

“Sure.... One question, why are you talking to me, but not spreading chaos throughout Ponyville?”

Well, one big fat reason right here, I’m still stuck in stone.

“Wha?”

I’m trying to get out, duh, that’s what every villain tries to do, well in you good ponies view. But you, little Harpo.... Wait, no, I’m not going to tell you that.

“Wow, just wow.”

What?

“Nevermind,”

C’mon, tell me. I’m all ears.

“I would, but, you know, you won’t tell me something, I won’t tell you something,”

You are an intelligent little pony, you know that Harpo?

“Yeah, I know that, I was top of the class... Well, until Twilight came in,”

Do you despite her, do you now? Hm.... I little chaos between ponies is always so much fun.

Lyra rolls her eyes. “Yeah, fun.”

Oh come on Harpo, I am who I am and I can’t change that.

Author's Note:

Okay, random dream thing that came to me last night. It's crazy, i know. Just yeah, read it please.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment