• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,341 Views, 57 Comments

Counterclockwise - AdrianJNovelle



A forty-one-year-old Twilight Sparkle causes a chain reaction of temporal problems when she travels through time as her last hope for answering her vast questions about who she is and where she belongs in the universe.

  • ...
4
 57
 1,341

Two Hundred, Thirty

1,849,481...

Baby Anacornia was now five years old. She resembled her parents quite well, especially her mother. She adopted both of their coats, being of a cute, plum color, child of size, and dark-violet of mane. It was fluffy and breezy - like her father's - and did not have the two distinct streaks of color like her mother's did. But there were not two ways about it: Little Ana (as she was often called by her parents and her parents' friends) was the cutest thing on four hooves.

She symbolize the undeniable love between her parents: a child born of a mare who stared into the same mirror day after day, quite possibly forever to live, and a stallion who was as mortal as the day is long.

Little Ana seemed no different from anypony else when she was little. As the daughter of a master magician and a master painter, nopony felt they could accurately predict what her special talent would be when she gets her cutie mark. Unlike the Cutie Mark Crusaders of Twilight's time, Little Ana was not obssessed with getting the tattoo-like imprint on her flank: she was more devoted to acceptance from her parents - which she easily received - and the understanding of the world around her. She, like her mother, was fascinated with the world, and the concepts of science, math, literature - even art - which deminished the gap between mare and nature.

She would often go exploring, in the quiet, safe towns of Ponyville and Canterlot, as her family moved around. The "big city" of Canterlot, they felt, was not suitable for a child such as Anacornia, so they packed their bags and had her spend her childhood back in Ponyville. She watched the stars in her bedroom at night, as she drifted off to sleep. She would observe animals, and take notes on them in a little notebook she carried around. She doodled, read, wrote in a diary, and, of course, studied basic magic - just like her mother when she was her age. She practiced levitation on her dolls she played with, and teleportation with marbles as she built up her skills.

Anacornia's parents also thrived in Ponyville.

Twilight resumed her role as librarian, but her interest in books went from being a career to more of a hobby with Little Ana and Dawn to love and take care of. She sacrificed her own interests, passions, and desires to ensure that the rest of her family was happy. That much she got from sheer instinct. Over the years, Dawn helped her refresh her memory on social conventions, and the art of conversation, being the flashy, eye-grasping stallion he showed himself to be. Still, Dawn had a big heart: which was one of the many factors which propelled Twilight's love for him, and she was infatuated with just about everything there was about him.

With now a family on his shoulders, Dawn's career in art took a back seat to Twilight and Anacornia. He still painted to hone his craft in his free time, which he gradually obtained in greater and greater quantities as the years went by. He was extremely committed to his loved ones, and would be patient about putting them before his own desires. When he did paint, the subject he most often chose now was his wife. She would pose in front of buildings and landscapes, around furniture, or just give him a silly expression to cartoonize.

Twilight didn't write letters to Princess Celestia or anyone now, but she did start to gain an interest in writing fiction. Now that she was unstoppable with her magical powers, she needed a new hobby she could study. And, of course, if there is knowledge to be learned, Twilight will stop at nothing to learn it. She taught herself her own methodology to writing, which she proudly demonstrated in short stories and novellas she wrote in her spare time. It was clear, however, that most of what she wrote was strictly inspired by Dawn and especially Little Ana, whose personality was reflected in the many protagonists she wrote about.

"I can't help myself," she said one day in an interview after becoming a recurring character of her own life story as a writer in Ponyville. "I love my daughter, and she inspires me. I don't see what's not to get about that."

Life in the La'Mare-Sparkle household woudl be prosperous for many years to come.