• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 29,171 Views, 991 Comments

Princesses Don't Potty - CDRW



Twilight realizes she hasn't ever seen Celestia excuse herself to use the bathroom.

  • ...
42
 991
 29,171

Chapter 7 (Pee Rhymes Like Tree)

Princesses Don't Potty

Chapter 7

By CDRW

"Twilight."

Planning to invade the most private sanctum of Equestria's most public pony was admittedly not the best idea Twilight had ever had. It was risky, it was dangerous (two completely different concepts, and a subject for which Twilight had a lecture prepared in the event that anypony ever asked), and it was gross. Or, it would be gross if her experiment met with success.

"Twilight?"

She was also re-evaluating her personal definition of "success," because the word was starting to lose all of its positive connotations and even some denotations in the face of this project.

"Yoohoo! Earth to Twilight!"

Be that as it may, she would press forward. She had her friends, she had her bullet-point lists, and she had science.

"Hey, Pinkie. I think she heard your 'number two' comment."

She would press forward no matter how difficult, dangerous, and heretically gross her path was. There were, however, some concepts that her bruised and battered brain quite simply couldn't process.

"Twilight! Snap out of it!"

A blue hoof flew straight at her face.

"Ahh!" Twilight ducked just in time to feel Rainbow Dash's 'get a hold of yourself' punch whoosh through her mane. When an amazed whistle drifted through the air, she looked up to see an expression of shock and amazement plastered all over Dash's face.

That expression made Twilight feel inexplicably proud of herself, but she didn't get to see it for long because a wall of bright pink fur suddenly overwhelmed her vision. At the same time, a voice flooded into her ears like a tsunami of pop-rocks and banana pudding while all the air was hugged out of her lungs by something far too strong to be organic pony legs. "Wow! Did you see that Dashie? You were like whoosh! And she was like 'eek!' And she totally dodged your punch, just like Daring Do! She'd—"

"That was a slap, not a punch! I didn't..."

Twilight missed the rest of what Dash had to say because her entire world had devolved into a spinning pink blob of asphyxiation. She desperately tried to tell Pinkie Pie that she couldn't breathe, but just ended up with a mouth full of fur that didn't taste at all like frosting. She tried to spit it out, but just ended up licking Pinkie Pie in a place that she hoped to Celestia wasn't inappropriate.

It looked hopeless, but there was a solution. With a quick flare of magic, Twilight teleported six feet to the left and turned just in time to watch Pinkie whirl once more from sheer momentum before falling over with a stunned look on her face.

"Wh—" Twilight gagged and choked on the fur that coated her tongue. Coughing and clawing with both forehooves, she tried to scrape the pink fuzz away, but that just spread it all around the inside of her mouth. It danced on Twilight's tongue, garnished the inside of her cheeks, and was trying its level best to march right down her throat. Scooping up a glass of water from the card table, she quickly poured it into her mouth. She swished, rinsed, gargled, and, lacking anywhere else to do so, spit it back into the cup. Pink hairs and bits of breakfast swirled lazily in the glass for a second before she put it down and repeated the process with the other two.

Finally, Twilight felt like her mouth was clean enough to talk. "Pinkie, when was the last time you— No, nevermind." Fixing a glare at her feathered friend, she asked indignantly, "What was that for, Dash?"

Rainbow Dash at least had the good grace to look embarrassed when she answered. "You were just standing there, staring into space. It was starting to freak me out."

"Yeah, Twilight." Pinkie Pie broke in. "You were all freaky-squeaky, like you saw a ghostie and forgot to giggle at it. Did you see something? Because you can't just see things that other ponies can't see and then not tell us! Or were you thinking? You like to think a lot. What were you thinking about?"

"I..." Twilight raised her hoof as she instinctively prepared to break into lecture, but then put it back down as confusion rolled across her face. "Huh. I don't remember. Something about the difference between risk and danger I think?"

"Really? Because Rainbow Dash thinks you heard me say—"

"Hey Pinkie," Rainbow Dash cut her off with a dangerous tone in her voice. "Are you thirsty? You sound thirsty." She grabbed a glass of water with both forehooves and offered it to Pinkie Pie. "All that talking has made you a little hoarse. You should stop and soothe your throat with a nice, refreshing drink."

Pinkie Pie turned a slight shade of artichoke as she eyed the floaties dancing lazily in the water. "Umm. Thank you, Dashie. I'm not really thirsty though." A drop of sweat trickled down her forehead when she saw Rainbow Dash's eyes narrow slightly. "Hey, Twilight! I think Zecora can help. She has some special tea leaves that'll make anypony have to go potty really bad. She say's it's for 'cleansing.'"

Twilight shook off her confusion and asked, "Wait, really?"

Pinkie nodded extra vigorously while she backed away from Rainbow Dash, who was still looking at her with squinty eyes.

"Yeah, it tastes kind of funny though, and not ha ha funny."

Twilight cocked her head while she processed this information. "That... just might work. I think I have... One second."

Twilight dashed into the kitchen and threw open her cabinet doors, rummaging noisily through one after another until she found what she wanted. After a few seconds, she pulled out a tin can decorated with printed bushes and leaves and a tea set. Gathering everything together, she trotted back into the main room of the library with the items in tow.

Twilight met her friends' confused looks with an explanation. "This is a special tea blend called Lemon Solstice. Princess Celestia gave it to me for my birthday because it's one of her favorites..." She stopped and blushed. "I, uh. I didn't like it, so I never finished it. It's pretty strong and has a lot of flavors in it, though. Lemon of course, but it also has vanilla, licorice, almond, and a few different berries, enough flavors to hide another one if it's not too strong. Pinkie Pie, do you think you could run over to Zecora's real quick and get some of those herbs?"

Pinkie saluted and said "Aye aye, Twilight," before dashing off.

Rainbow Dash eyed the tea set warily as Twilight prepared three cups and started boiling the water in the kettle with her magic. "Uh, Twilight. Why are you making the tea now? Princess Celestia isn't here."

Twilight beamed widely. "Of course not! We have to test it first."

A long, drawn out silence stretched between the two of them, Twilight humming a little bit as she cleared the dirty dishes from the card table, and Rainbow Dash growing more and more fidgety by the second.

"Why, uh... Why so many cups?"

"Everypony's body reacts differently to things like this. We need to collect multiple data points to establish a baseline dosage to work from."

Rainbow Dash gulped audibly. "Um... aren't you being a little bit hasty here?"

"A little bit," Twilight admitted. "Normally, I would use a lot more than three ponies for this step, but we kind of need to keep it a secret."

"This step?" Rainbow Dash squeaked.

"Yup. That's just proof of concept, to see if the herbs work the way we need and can be masked by the flavor of the tea. After that, we'll need to do extensive testing to find the proper dosage and concentrations. We'll probably be refining the recipe right up until the day we execute whatever plan we come up with."

Twilight had to work to hide her smile when she saw Rainbow Dash swoon a little. She probably should have felt a little more sympathetic, but her friend had just tried to hit her in the face.

***

Princess Celestia had to pee.

She didn't need to potty, tinkle, wizz, or wee. The mounting pressure in her bladder was serious, and it called for serious vocabulary. On the other hoof, there was nothing particularly highbrow or intellectual about the horror in her hindquarters; thus, she didn't need to urinate or micturate either.

She had to pee.

But between Luna's pranks, and Twilight's stated intention to investigate her bathroom behavior, her toilet was about as trustworthy as a cockatrice babysitter who had eaten too many Everfree mushrooms. She was going to have to do something about that. Later, probably during her lunch break. After she found a toilet that was both safe and secret.

Princess Celestia didn't sigh to herself because she was in the middle of day court, and sighing while Peachy Keen pleaded for government help to stop an infestation of Mile-A-Minute vine from smothering all the orchards in Peach Pond would probably send the wrong sort of message. Instead, she smiled benevolently and said, "Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Peachy. I will inform the Minister of Agriculture and ask him to send a specialist on the train out to Peach Pond first thing tomorrow morning so we can assess the situation. Do not worry, my little pony. We'll know soon enough how to save your orchards."

Peachy Keen bowed low and said in a choked voice, "Thank you, princess. This means everything to us."

Princess Celestia nodded and smiled, and Peachy Keen left while another pony with another problem approached the throne. She didn't sigh, she didn't fidget, and she only wished a little bit that she was sitting on an entirely different sort of throne. She had to pee, but she could hold it until lunchtime.

Princess Celestia smiled gently down at the quivering brown stallion who was laying prostrate in front of her throne. "Hello, what is your name?"

***

Pinkie Pie had to pee, so she stepped behind a tree.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the long wait and the short chapter. Consider this my "getting back into the swing of things" chapter. I'll have something a little more substantial next time around.