• Published 31st May 2013
  • 980 Views, 22 Comments

"Hey, handsome." - PrincessLunas Assistant



The continuation of That Moment You Realize You're Awake, following the lives of Spring Song and Lightning Flicker.

  • ...
5
 22
 980

"Hey, Dad."

Seethe grumbled as the dusk sun shone through the crack between the purple drapes of the window and into his face. "Not again..." he mumbled as he realized he was awake once again. The only difference between now and earlier was his buzz had turned to hangover. Seethe rolled over and threw his hoof over the nearest warm body. He found Celestia and pulled himself closer and tried to go return to his slumber. He felt her wrap a hoof around him and then pull the satin blanket onto the both of them.

"Seethe?" Celestia whispered giving him a gentle nudge.

"He's asleep." Seethe responded burying his head into Celestia's chest trying to return to his dream world.

"Not if he just responded to me, he isn't." Celestia said playfully biting his cheek. "How about we go down stairs to dinner and then come back for a round two?" she asked giving him a few kisses on the cheek.

"Can't we skip the dinner?" Seethe asked keeping his head buried.

"Sadly no. Ligthning Flicker is returning from Las Pegasus and wants us to meet his mare friend, so get up." Celestia said nudging him away from her.

Seethe gave a loud groan. "Can't we meet his mare friend another time?"

"No, and you know that colt friend Spring Song brought last week?" Celestia asked rising from bed and lighting up her horn to help her navigate. "Also I sent for somepony to fix the lights in here."

"Yeah I remember her colt friend. The trumpet player right? Was that the dinner in which I had to leave because Twilight told a racial joke and I was forced to leave because and angry mob had gathered outside her home?" Seethe asked as he got up as well. "And.....good."

"Yes, dear." Celestia answered as she walked to the restroom to groom herself for the dinner. "Come on, Seethe, lets groom each other in preparation."
____________________________________________

Seethe and Celestia sat down at the head of the table in the large atrium like dining room. The new-looking mahogany table shone as if just washed and shined. A gentle evening song was played by a well-dressed band composed of mares and stallions of posh stature. Many members of the staff and a few high ranking Royal Guards sat at the table. The table itself was nearly 20 meters long and 6 meters wide, so long range communication was a tad difficult.

Seethe and Celestia exchanged glances as drinks and drink glasses were brought out by posh-dressed waitresses. Seethe and Celestia shared a normal glass of red wine using the unorthodox method of drinking called "Straws".

Spring Song, the yellow alicorn mare with a light red mane and tail. She was followed by some equal-sized Pegasus Stallion who appeared quite nervous when Seethe cast a gaze towards him. Spring Song and her colt friend took their seats to Celestia and Seethe's right. The colt friend sitting on Spring Song's right, she saw her father giving the colt friend an cautious expression and leaned in towards the nervous stallion then kissed his cheek. He nearly jumped and shot her a scared expression like she had ordered her father to burn him alive.

"You seem odd." Seethe stated with a smile now forming on his face. "Something wrong, boy?"

"Oh umm....no...sir!" The young stallion said with panicking eyes directed towards Seethe.

"Well then take chill out. You seem like you expect me to vaporize you." Seethe said sipping from the large glass of shared wine.

"Maybe you should." Celestia said jokingly, scaring the little stallion out of his wits.

"Ah!" He whispered hastily ducking slightly behind Spring Song.

"Fa-ah-ah-ther. Mo-o-o-om!"" Spring Song sang angrily. "Don't torture my da-ay-ay-ate!". Spring Song has a mental disorder where she must put some words to rhythm like she practicing her singing voice. After much medical testing Seethe and Celestia were told it was incurable, but decided it did no harm. This disorder has given Spring Song a wonderful singing voice over the years.

"Sorry. I couldn't resist." Seethe apologized with a chuckle. "Celly here is just mean. Sorry, uhhh....I'm sorry I can't remember your name."

Celestia gently poked Seethe in between his ribs beneath the table and caused him to wince slightly. The nervous stallion didn't seem to notice and answered Seethe in a quite calm voice. "I'm Silver Eagle. I go to school with your daughter, sir."

"Well I figured she didn't pick you up for a hundred bits at a nearby coffee shop..." Seethe said with a roll of his eyes. Celestia jabbed him in the ribs again. He moved slightly and found him sitting in an odd position, partially on his grapes, and poked Celestia's hind quarters with his right rear hoof. He was able to look as if he was still sitting normally.

Silver Eagle laughed nervously. "Right..."

"Please forgive my husband. He's basically Loki." Celestia said politely with a nod towards Silver Eagle.

"So, Silver Eagle, are you and Spring in the same musical group?" Seethe asked.

"Yes, sir. She's one of the first chair chorus mares and I'm a second chair trumpet player." Silver Eagle said with a smile to Seethe. "Just a few weeks ago we had a concert and our group received 'superior' ratings."

"I was in the audience. I remember that concert. I loved it." Seethe said with a nod and a remembering smile.

Just at his moment Lightning Flicker entered the dining room with his date. Lightning Flicker was a rather buff dark red alicorn stallion with a white mane, which had grown and odd light blue tint through its center and through the center of his white tail as well. Seethe caught eye of his date. It was none other the cyan mare, rainbow maned mare: Rainbow Dash.

Seethe and Celestia's eyes widened as their minds calculated the age difference in unison.

"Hey, Dad." Lighting Flicker said in a deep voice taking his seat at Seethe's left with Rainbow Dash to his left. He leaned over and kissed her on the lips. Seethe and Celestia both caught the slight movement of tongue between the two. Seethe felt his mind ready for an imminent implosion.