• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 20,190 Views, 982 Comments

A Survivors Guide to Equestria - Onomonopia

  • ...
102
 982
 20,190

The Sun Shall Fall

Twilight cried out in agony as the solar magic burned into her side, sending her crashing across the rooftop of the castle. She fought to see through the tears in her eyes as she looked up to see Celestia standing over her, the cold eyes piercing through her with ease.

"Please princess, don't do this. This is Discord's will, not yours," Twilight said weakly. Celestia said nothing in response, but instead pointed her horn at the defeated pony. A flash of magic went off, but the corrupted Celestia raised an eyebrow when she saw that Twilight was gone.

"Whew, that was too close for comfort," Dash panted as she and Twilight skidded to a stop fifty feet away, Rainbow brushing her bloodied mane out of her eyes. "I came up here with hope that you were doing at least somewhat better than us, but now I see that Discord gave you the hardest fight."

"Are the others alright?" Twilight weakly asked as she staggered up to her hooves. Celestia unleashed more solar magic towards the pair, but using the combined power of their Elements they created a barrier that deflected the strike. The princess’s eyes narrowed before she spread her majestic wings, taking to the sky with one powerful wing beat.

"I saw Applejack and Pinkie still fighting alongside Zecora when I took off after you, but I don't know about-MOVE!" Dash yelled as she tackled Twilight to the side, just in time to see an eruption of fire annihilate the area where they had just been standing. "This is bad, really, really bad. How are we supposed to beat her without working together?"

"That's the beauty of it Dash, you’re not," Discord chuckled from besides them as he sat in a lawn chair to watch the battle. "You can't do anything to beat me. I have you all figured out and without that human, you don't even stand a chance. Oh, you might want to turn around." The ponies did so to see a blast of white magic strike the ground in front of them, hurling the both of them off the castle roof and into the streets below where the others struggled to fight.

"Twilight! Dash!" AJ called out as she bucked off one of the stone creatures and rushed to their sides. As Twilight was helped back up again she sadly realized that Applejack was in worse shape than either her or Dash. Dash took to the skies and drove her shoulder into a stone creature, knocking it over long enough for her to build up enough speed to blast it apart with a single strike. "Ah'm glad to see that the both of ya are alright."

"Yeah, lucky us," Twilight said bitterly as she surveyed the battlefield. Lyra was being attended to by Fluttershy for a gash in her right leg while Pinkie and Rarity held off one of the creatures as best they could. Zecora was holding her own just fine, but it was clear from her expression that the battle was not going too well. "We need to get everypony together...to us the Storm of-" Celestia tackled Twilight from behind and bucked her across the ground, where she skidded to a stop at the feet of one energetic Discord.

"This is just too much fun," Discord squealed as he clapped his hands together as Celestia lifted Twilight with her magic, choking the purple unicorn with her magic. "Remember Celestia, don't finish her. I still need her and the others for my personal army. But don't feel too bad about losing Twilight; maybe I’ll let you and the others out in a thousand years so you can try again to stop me."

"Then maybe we should even the odds!" Lunar magic blasted Twilight out of Celestia's grasp and knocked Discord onto his ass, leaving Twilight to be caught by a pony the color of the night. Luna landed next to the others who had regrouped and placed Twilight onto her hooves, who looked up at Luna and the human with awe as he hopped off her back.

"Luna! Human! But Discord said that he had disposed of you," she asked in disbelief as the others ran to their sides, looking up at Luna and the human, who looked extremely pale.

"Yeah, well that's where Discord made the number one greatest villain mistake," Ryan wheezed with a weak smile as he turned to look at the stunned draconis. "He left the hero alive. For shame Discord, I thought that you of all creatures would understand the unpredictability of humans."

"As happy as I am to see you, I must enquire at how you escaped," Discord cackled as he floated above them, holding out an arm to stop Celestia when she tried to attack. "I know for certain that you couldn't break those chains and I know that Luna couldn't escape her cell. And with your silver friend trapped in my pocket, you had not allies to help. So how did you get out?"

"By doing the same thing to my hand that I'll do to any part of me that holds me back," Ryan cackled as he held out his left arm, allowing the now horrified ponies to see the bloody stump in red bandages where his left hand used to be. "I'll cut. It. Off." Discord blinked once as he looked at the stump before he threw his head back and began to laugh, smiling at the human with glee in his eyes.

"You truly do not disappoint. Very well then! Defeat the princess of the sun and I will give you the chance to stop me and save this world!" Discord yelled to the sky before clapping his hands together and creating a cage that surrounded the group and the solar princess, while creating stands so the stone creatures could watch. "Let the rumble begin!"

"Why did you do this to yourself?" Fluttershy asked with horror as she looked at the bloody bandages.

"Figured Discord needed the handicap to beat me," Ryan snarked. "Besides, I've lost way more blood fighting you guys."

"Why'd he do this? How the hell are you still standing?!" Dash asked in disbelief.

"Chi, grit and a whole lotta duct tape."

"Ryan..." Lyra whispered weakly as she looked at the wound. "Your hand..."

"Will you guys stop whining about my hand? I can still flip you off with the other one," he growled as he placed his backpack on the ground, allowing him to rummage through it. "Besides, now we need to worry about the god and his little pet that can control the sun. Forget about me."

"But-"

"Look, if you like my hand so much if you find it you can have it," Ryan snarled before he grabbed a baton with his only hand as he kicked the bag to the side. "Now is the time to fight." Celestia cemented her agreement by blasting him with a beam of pure solar magic, which pushed him back despite his armband.

"Ryan is right, now it is time to fight!" Zecora yelled as she grabbed the other baton and charged at the princess, dodging the magical blast while getting close enough to deliver a hard strike to the side of her head. Celestia roared with pain as the chaotic magic was disrupted, but she still managed to blow Zecora back with a flap of her great wings.

"Come on you ponies; I'm not going to do all the work for you!" Ryan roared as he rushed past them, rolling to the side as Celestia ordered the stones beneath him to rise. The sharp stones splintered and the shards tried to drive themselves into his flesh, but a barrier of magic placed itself between him and the stones.

"Alright Ryan, we've got your back!" Twilight said as she ran alongside of him, using her magic to deflect most of the attacks that Celestia fired. Ryan looked behind him to see that the others were running along besides him as well and with a crazed smile he let out a battle cry. Celestia retaliated with a roar as she ascended into the sky, where she began to rain magic down upon them all.

"Twilight! Luna! Keep those spells off of us! Dash, give me a lift!" The ponies did as he commanded, with Luna and Twilight combining their magic to keep the princess at bay while Dash streaked by the human and scooped him up. "Think you can dodge all of those spells without being hit?"

Dash laughed at how easy that question was to answer. "It will be easy." Ryan gritted his teeth as she shot up into the sky, weaving in between spells and fire while keeping Ryan from being hit at the same time. A stray bolt managed to clip her wing and she growled with pain as she struggled to remain air born.

"Dammit! Dash, throw me and get out!" Ryan yelled, giving her a glare that told her not to argue.

"Hope you know what you're doing!" she said as she spun him around.

"Never have!" She released him when she had built up enough speed and flung the human towards the princess. Ryan slammed into Celestia's chest and wrapped his left arm around her neck to keep himself from falling. Celestia screamed with fury as she glared down at the human, a spell building on her horn as she prepared to dispose of him. "Hi princess. Miss me?"

"HUMAN!" she shrieked as she started to unleash magic hell upon him, causing Ryan to laugh as her spells bounced off him.

"I see you remember me! But do you remember this?" He drove the baton into the side of her head, causing the both of them to feel the electricity course through their bodies. In her pained state Celestia could not see where she was flying, so the two of them collided with the side of the cage and fell to the ground.

"Are you alright Ryan?" Twilight asked as the group ran to his side.

"And none of you bothered to catch me. I hate you all," Ryan growled as he was helped to his feet by Luna, who looked at her sister as she too dragged herself to a vertical position. Her eyes narrowed as she saw that both her crown and her necklace were giving off the chaotic magic. "So, that's where I need to strike huh?" Ryan asked when Luna informed him of her findings. "Guess I’ll have to do it one at a time, unless I hold the other baton in my teeth."

"Actually I can aid you against the sun, because I have the other one," Zecora said as she flipped the other baton and caught it, smirking at the human. At another time Ryan would have asked how she could hold it when none of the other could, but at the moment he found he didn't care.

'Hey, it's Zecora. At this point she could tell me she's a god and I would believe her.' With a shriek that cowed the ponies Celestia charged at the group, fire blazing off of her sides while she lowered her horn, creating a golden blade with magic. "Keep that away from my hand, I can't afford to lose this one," Ryan snarked at the ponies as he and Zecora attacked in return.

"And I thought I had the temper," Luna muttered as she summoned a storm of chocolate milk clouds to douse her sister, who steamed as her flames were extinguished. The golden blade cut through the clouds, but not before Zecora had managed to get close enough to strike her crown. Celestia screamed as the chaotic magic was expelled from the crown, though the zebra was blasted away from her and crashed somewhere where Ryan couldn't see.

"Now that's just not fair to the princess," Discord smirked as he snapped his fingers, trapping the others in magical spheres and leaving Ryan alone to face the princess’s wrath. "Sorry about this Ryan, but I don't feel like giving you a hand."

"Ha-ha, I'm going to shove this baton up your-" Fire erupted next to his feet before he could finish and the solar princess slammed into Ryan, taking the both of them skyward.

"You truly believe yourself able to defeat me?! The being that can move the sun at will?!" Celestia roared at the human, setting her own coat ablaze to try and burn the human to a crisp.

"Please Celestia, I've fought hydras, bears that size of skyscrapers and everything else in-between," Ryan snarled as he wrapped his burning legs around her neck and began to bludgeon her with his baton. "So what is a self-entitled princess who thinks herself a god to me?" She opened her mouth to retort, but Ryan took that moment to drive the baton into her gapping maw. Lightning flashed from her eyes at the baton did its job and after a few seconds of tasting electricity, the princess blacked out.

"And now for the second part of my cunning plan," Ryan said with a smirk before looking down to realize how fast he was falling. "Praying that one of those horses actually bothers to catch me this time." The ground raced towards him at uncomfortable speeds and for a moment he truly believed that he was going to die, but then there was a streak of moonlight and he felt himself hit the back of a certain princess. Hard.

"Do not worry friend, I am here," Luna said as she trapped Celestia in a sphere of magic, stopping her descent as well. Ryan tried to see through the tears in his eyes, but he squeaked out his gratitude as best he could. Luna smiled in response before flying the both of them to the ground; where to his surprise Ryan found all of the ponies free.

"Didn't Discord trap you all?" Ryan asked as he lowered himself off of Luna's back, watching the princess lower her sister to the ground.

"Oh I did, but then when I saw you falling I thought I can't let it end like this," Discord butted in as he pushed Luna to the side so he could talk to Ryan. "Because I haven't gotten the chance to fight you yet and I realized that I really wanted too. You've come all this way and overcome so many hurdles, so I can't wait to see the look of disappointment on your face when you realize that you can't beat me. Now go on, free Celestia. I'll have her back soon enough."

"Don't worry, I'll deal with you soon enough," Ryan snarled as the creature vanished in a flash of pink smoke, leaving Ryan to walk over to Celestia, who still hadn't fully recovered from the shock. Ryan kicked her back to the ground before driving the baton into the necklace that held the rest of the chaotic energy. The ponies shielded their eyes as the chaotic magic was destroyed yet again, leaving Celestia to return to her normal state. Luna helped her sister recover as best she could as Dash looked over at Discord.

"Alright, all that's left is Discord!" Dash yelled as all present turned to face the draconis, who looked down at them from his throne of games with a smile on his face.

"The time has come for you to pay for what you have done," Twilight said in a strong voice as she and her allies stood side by side, all glaring at Discord with rage. "We have the princesses, the human and the Elements. You've lost Discord and if you were smart, you'd give up now."

To her surprise Discord began to laugh in response. "Oh you're right Twilight; I can't defeat all of you, especially with that human's cursed weapons that could probably destroy me if I allowed them to hit me. But you see, I prepared in case this happened and I know that I won't have to fight all of you at the same time. Because Ryan will fight me one on one if he hopes to get back something."

"And why would he do that?" Luna asked, but Ryan passed by her and glared up at the god. His eyes told Discord that he knew and with a chuckle Discord reached into nothingness and retrieved a silver sphere with a crack in the side of it.

"That's right human, if you don't fight me one on one I'll toss this pretty gem into wherever I want and you'll never see her again," Discord taunted with a smirk as he began to throw the sphere back in forth. "But, by a miracle of miracles, if you manage to beat me all by yourself, with no help, I'll return the sphere to you and you can finally be out of your debt to her. Are we agreed?"

"Of course I agree," Ryan muttered.

"Excellent. Then I'll be waiting for you in here," Discord laughed as he vanished into thin air, leaving a tear in reality that had a sign saying "humans only".

"You know this is a trap right?" Lyra asked Ryan as he looked around for his backpack. "He knows that he can't beat all of us together, but he can take you alone. You don't have to do this." Fluttershy brought it over to him and with a bit of help he slipped it over his shoulders before looking back at the unicorn with a smirk.

"Sorry Lyra, but I always repay a debt," Ryan said as the smirk turned into a genuine smile, the first one that any of those ponies had seen from him. "Besides, Discord's already lost this fight. He just doesn't know it yet."

"What do you mean?" Luna asked as Ryan began to walk forward towards the rift.

"Because I'm a survivor Luna," Ryan said as he stopped in front of the tear, turning so he could give them a thumbs up. "And just like everything else this damned world has thrown at me, I'll survive this too. Probably. And if not, see you all in hell." And with those words he threw himself into the unknown, not knowing if he would live or die. But one thing he did know was that, one way or another, his journey ended here. For good.