• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 20,190 Views, 982 Comments

A Survivors Guide to Equestria - Onomonopia

  • ...
102
 982
 20,190

Somebody Call PETA

"Jeez, is she always like this or did we catch her on one of her bad days?" Ryan asked with a whistle once he had vaulted himself over the side of the now parked ship, looking around at all of the animals that were doing tasks that humans should be doing with surprise. Some of the smaller ones were working in a group to lift logs and the larger ones were pulling boulders around, but no matter the size or the species Ryan saw one common factor among the animals. They were all terrified.

"This...must be what she has done with her power of chaos," Luna shakily said as the animals continued to work around her, none of them paying any mind to the six strange visitors nor the giant airship that had just landed in the middle of the forest. "It seems that they are so afraid that they dare not deviate from their task, even for a moment."

"Then that can work in our favor. We can move on since from their task they will not waver," Zecora said as she waved a hoof in front of one of the rabbit’s eyes, the creature letting out a squeal before it ran ahead and bumped into another rabbit. The two started bickering, but it was silenced as a horrifying roar rang out over the forest. If someone had told Ryan at that moment the animals were made of stone he would have believed them since he couldn't see one of them breathing, letting alone moving.

"Come on, we need to find Fluttershy," Twilight muttered with some hesitation as she pressed on, the other five silently following her into the forest as some looked back at the stone animals, afraid of what was to come. The forest was nothing like the forest Ryan had spent most of his days in as this one was filled with color and life, with rays of the sun breaking through the branches to make the ground beneath them almost as bright as the sky.

"You know, this would be a really pretty sight if I didn't know that the only thing that awaits me at the end of this is another fight," Ryan said in his joking tone, but most of the group remained silent as the quietly moved on. Ryan kept a close eye on the trees in case Fluttershy had any surprised for them stowed within them, but then he slowly came to the realization that even the trees seemed to bend to her will. 'This one is going to be a lot harder than Twilight was,' he silently thought. 'I know it.'

Ryan watched the branches as he walked by them, each of them reaching out as if they were trying to grab them. A faint breeze whistled through the trees, but it caused a moaning sound to emerge from the trees as if they were warning the group away. Ryan hoped that all of those thoughts were just in his head, because he really didn't want to fight with a tree. The closer they got to the end of the forest Ryan could see that there were less and less animals, telling him that they were going the right way.

"Is she building a statue to herself?" Lyra asked as she spied a wooden structure that looked to be the beginning of a statue of a pony. Ryan and the others looked over at where she was pointing and Zecora let out a dry laugh that was more out of worry than it was amusement.

"She is building more than a statue of herself." Zecora pulled away some of the brush to reveal a whole village that seemed to be devoted to the normally kind pony, where thousands of animals seemed to be working nonstop like slaves under her iron stare. "Come, we need to help her return to her normal self."

"So Twilight was a control freak and Flutters seems to be pure evil," Ryan muttered to himself as he slipped off his backpack and pulled out his guide, gaining Twilight's attention as he cracked it open and added the new information to the tome. "Wonder what the other four will be like?"

"What's that?" Twilight asked him as she tried to angle her neck to gain a glimpse of the pages, but Ryan shielded the pages with his body and pushed her away with his foot.

"Nothing that you need to see," he said as he finished writing quickly and slamming the pages shut, where he looked at Twilight with a smug smile as he put it back in his bag.

"That book contains what he has written about us in the time he has been here," Zecora explained to Twilight while Ryan growled in frustration. "Including who we are and sometimes what we fear. There is even a map of the Everfree, though it's not perfect if he would let you see."

"No, I don't like anyone besides me looking at it, despite all of the times you've stolen it," Ryan growled at her, but another roar put their argument on hold as they each turned towards where the roar had come from.

"We should be getting close to her know," Luna said as they reached a break in the trees. "I can feel Discord's magic from here." Stealth became the groups plan and they silently moved through the thick foliage as they approached the source of the chaotic magic, a magic that sent shivers down Ryan's spine as a clearing began to appear through the brush.

'Let's see what we're up against,' Ryan thought the moment before Luna moved the foliage to the side, revealing a massive area of land that looked to have been excavated by the animals that feared the yellow pony that sat upon an ivory throne. Around her rested a number of chained animals that looked starved, but Ryan's attention was seized by the bear made of stars that guarded her. 'Just what did I miss in a week of being dead?' Twilight narrowed her eyes as she and Luna began to whisper a course of action, but Ryan saw that stealth was going to go out the window when one of the small animals from earlier slowly approached Fluttershy and pointed to their position before scurrying off as fast as it could.

"Welp, time to go with plan A," Ryan muttered to the others as he walked by them into the clearing, doing his best to look strong as he walked into the center of what was certainly a death trap. The animals all around at the edges of the quarry looked down at him as they continued to work, but his eyes only cast themselves upon a single pony even as he heard the others join him.

"Fluttershy, what has happened to you?" Twilight whispered with mortification in her voice as her eyes rested upon the garb that her friend was now wearing. It looked to be made of twigs and leaves of the forest, crafted by the enslaved animals so that she would have a more regal appearance. But Ryan's eyes were immediately drawn to the item on her head, where the corrupted Element rested. Fluttershy let out a mirth filled cackle as she fluttered off her throne, her eyes filled with such cruelty and evil that all except for Ryan and Zecora backed away from her.

"Hello Sparkle," she said with such wicked cruelty and venom dripping from every word, venom that she seemed to savor. "It has been a week since I have seen you last. Not to say that you look any less weak then you did then, you always were a pathetic excuse of a pony. Have to come here to grovel at my hooves or am I finally going to get the chance to put you in your place?"

"Fluttershy...this isn't you," Twilight said with pleading eyes as she looked at her friend for some sort of sign that the kind, caring pony she knew was still in there. "You wouldn't do this to others, let alone small animals. In your right state of mind you wouldn't even be able to conceive such an idea. Please, fight the hold that Discord has on you and be the kind pony I know!"

"Oh Twilight you are such a pathetic, weak pony that I'm amazed that somepony like Discord decided to use you," Fluttershy taunted as she threw her head back and let a laugh loose, slowly lowering her head to look at her friend with a wicked grin. "Chaos has not corrupted me, it has opened my eyes. I now see that I was nothing more than a weakling that relied far too much on others, helpless when I needed to stand up for myself." Fluttershy then looked down at her hoof with a grin that made Twilight shiver to her core. "But now with my power I have tamed this forest. I have-"

"Shut the hell up!" Ryan yelled as he sent a roundhouse straight into the side of the pegases's head the moment she took her focus off the others, knocking both her and her crown to the ground. Ryan leapt into the air as he drew both of his batons and prepared to strike down on the Element, but before the impact a mole burst out of the ground and snatched away the Element, tunneling through the dirt until it had returned the Element to Fluttershy, who was slowly getting to her hooves with malice flashing in her eyes.

"You shouldn't have done that," she said in a quiet tone. A resounding shriek came from all of the animals that had been watching the fight and they all sprinted away from the fight as fast as their wings, legs or others could carry them. She took the Element off of the ground and placed it back on her head as she slowly, deliberately turned to face them. "You will pay for doing that."

"Why? It's your own damn fault," Ryan said with a mischievous smile as he drew both batons and prepared himself to fight. "You're the one who took her eyes off an opponent during a battle. Actually, I think I'm going to do it again just to piss you off."

"Do you think that your petty little insults scare me?" Fluttershy hissed as even the wild cats and the giant bear began to move away from her. "I have the most powerful ability out of all of the Elements. I have...the stare!" As she said this she unleashed her full stare upon the ponies, save for Zecora who looked away at the last second. Twilight, Luna and Lyra were completely engulfed by Fluttershy's eyes and found that they no longer had the will to oppose her. The silver mare was able to resist somewhat due to her magical nature, but she had to force herself to look away as well. That left Ryan, who looked full on into both of Fluttershy's eyes without so much as blinking.

"Is that it?" he asked her after a moment with a scoff, which turned into a smirk when he saw the confusion written on the pegases's face. "Do you think that your...petty, little stare is enough to scare me? I watched my best friend burn to death as my entire world went to hell, which forced me to live on with the guilt of knowing that I was the only survivor and I'm supposed to be scared of a pretty, yellow PEGASUS?! FUCK YOU!" he roared as he turned his baton on and drove it right into the bottom of Fluttershy's jaw, sending electricity coursing through her as she screamed. She would have been defeated on the spot had not one of her battle cats interfered and slashed at Ryan, forcing him to evade it as the others joined the battle. "Fine, I'll take you ALL on!"

"GET HIM! ALL OF YOU!" Fluttershy yelled as one of the cats took her back to her throne. The animals that hadn't ran when she unleashed the stare now entered the battle, outnumbering the group completely. Their fangs glistened with saliva as the cats eyed their prey with hungry eyes, slowly moving forward one powerful leg at a time. The first of the wild beasts sprung forward with a powerful roar only to be swatted away with a precision staff strike. Seeing that the battle had been started, the rest of the large predators entered the battle with glistening fangs and razor sharp claws.

"Never was much of a cat person!" Ryan snarled as he allowed one of the cats to take him down, giving him the chance to place a foot in its gut and sending it sailing past him as he rolled. A roll brought the cat back to its feet and it let a shriek fly as it hurled itself towards the human. A baton between the eyes put an end to the attack and the cat soon found itself writhing in pain as the human drove both batons into its side, waiting until the shrieking stopped before he decided to remove them.

Lyra was fairing far worse than he was. "There are just too many of them! I can't hold them-" Blood sprayed the ground as Lyra turned with a shriek, stunned by the image of Ryan standing over her with blood trickling down his side from where a sneak attack from one of the felines. A sneak attack that was meant for her. "You saved me..."

"No, I just enjoy getting my guts ripped out by giant cats." The remark told Luna that Ryan still had enough will in him to fight as she blasted a number of the hunters off of Twilight. Yet she could see no positive outcome in this battle, as the animals just kept coming and she was afraid that she might have to resort to a more permanent way of keeping them down. That was her plan until a chilling howl echoed throughout the forest; both combatants ceased fighting as they turned to the source of the noise.

"Ah shit," was all Ryan said when he saw what was emerging from the forest. He didn't need to see the wood where fur should have been or crackling sound they made as they prowled forward, like the sounds of twigs snapping underfoot. No the looks they gave him told him that these were wolves he knew all too well. "Come on then, I'll fight all of you!"

'Must you antagonize everything that you come across?'

"It's one of my more charming traits." Going back to back was the only plan the group could think up quickly as the cats backed away at the wolves approaching, both sides hissing and barking at each other. Ryan looked from the wolves to the cats and realized that they just might not be outnumbered anymore. Then he saw the wolf with the pup, the pup he had rescued a while ago. "Well, it's seems that at least one of my good deeds didn't bite me in the ass. Attack my wolf minions!"

With a howl that terrified all animals within hearing distance the Timberwolves lunged for the throats of the cats, who shrieked in rage and anger as they rushed towards their foes. A flash of silver got the group out of the path of the colliding armies, which quickly turned the battlefield bloody as wolf and cat tried to tear each other apart.

"Man, I would watch more nature documentaries if they looked like this. Now then, I believe that we still have to beat you senseless." Fluttershy gave them a glare that would have cowed any animal as she floated down from her throne, looking from the stun batons to Zecora's staff with cautious eyes. "Come on little pony, let's have some fun."

"Deal with him," Fluttershy said to the Ursa behind her, watching Ryan and the others faces with a smirk when she saw all of the confidence drain out of them as the beast rose to its full height. "Still so certain you will win human?"

"So Winnie the Pooh put on a few more pounds. I'm still going smack you upside the head."

"I applaud your confidence, but I am fairly certain that we're in trouble," Luna said as she threw herself into the air while firing barrages of magic into the bears face. The creature roared with rage as it prepared to strike until support from the ground forces distracted it from the flying pony. With narrowed eyes the Ursa looked from Twilight to Luna, letting out a roar before it charged towards the purple unicorn.

Fluttershy laughed with cruel mirth as Twilight let out a shriek and sprinted away as fast as her hooves could carry her, Flutters throwing her head back and cackling as the creature almost caught the unicorn in a few steps. "Yes my pet, rip her apart! All of you shall ob-" Her words along with anything else in her mouth were knocked out of her head as another kick to the side of her skull sent her sprawling to the dirt. With a rage that nopony had seen in Fluttershy she picked her leave filled mane off of the ground and slowly turned her head so her wrath filled eyes could focus on the human, who pointed and laughed at the pony.

"Oh I did it again!" he laughed as Fluttershy picked herself off the ground. "Two times! Man, I really overestimated you when I said that you would be a harder fight than Twilight. You make this easy. Then again, you've always been a weakling who can't do anything by herself. You can't even beat a single human" With a scream that could have stopped the Ursa in its tracks Fluttershy threw herself at Ryan with murder in her eyes. All that was on Ryan's face as he saw the bloodthirsty Pegasus attack him was s smirk.

"Fool." The charge of the enraged pony was stopped by a boot to the chest that knocked her flat. Fluttershy shook her head before she tried to get up with another shriek, which was immediately shut down by a knee to the face that drew blood. Before the stunned Pegasus could have the chance to recover, Ryan knocked the crown off her head and drove both batons down onto it. Just as it had with Twilight, an explosion of chaotic energy threw the human across the ground though this time he remembered to roll.

"And I made it look easy!" he laughed out loud as he watched the chaotic energy disperse into the air. "If the other four are going to be like this then I’ll have saved the world by the end of the day. You chaotic ponies are-" A barrier of power flashed around him before his bragging, along with anything else he had to say, was immediately silenced by an Ursa The Ursa had seen Fluttershy in trouble and crushed Ryan with its foot. All of the fighting stopped as the fighters all looked over at where the human had vanished.

'I didn't get a shield up in time! Do you think he survived?' the silver mare asked Zecora as all the ponies rushed to the hole that had been made by the impact, who shook her head with a smirk.

"Don't worry, I think I can hear him swearing from here."

%*%^&

"So, that is where the mysterious human is?" a chaotic voice cackled as he saw one of the Chaos Elements vanish on his map of the world, smiling to himself as he slipped through a wall and began trying on a number of different dresses and outfits. "And me without anything to wear to greet him. I mean, a human is such a rare sight in Equestria that I would be such a terrible person if I didn't greet him." Discord smiled to himself as he tried on a suit, but his reflection shook his head and ripped the clothing off. "Perfect! Why bother to change when I look perfect?"

Discord's smile faltered a bit when he felt the air chilled around him, causing him to nod a bit as he took on a more somber expression. "You are quiet right, he is a problem that must be dealt with. But not right now. There is no fun in crushing him so early on in the game. Only at the end, when they are at their best is the perfect time to crush them." The room grew even colder but Discord shook it off as he vanished with a snap of his fingers. "Time to go introduce myself."