• Published 15th Jul 2014
  • 20,199 Views, 982 Comments

A Survivors Guide to Equestria - Onomonopia

  • ...
102
 982
 20,199

On The Dark Side Of The Moon

Ryan let out a moan as he picked himself out of what he hoped was mud, wiping it off of his jacket as he looked around to find that he was in the Everfree forest once again. His armband and batons rested in the dirt in front of him. He grumbled something about how this could only happen to him as he bent down to pick them up before he turned around to find the silver mare standing behind him, though her form was now more black than it was silver.

"Great, now you show up," he grumbled as she said nothing, though she did twitch a bit. "I just met your god friends and once again I've been dragged into something dangerous."

'I need your help,' she said in a very strained tone, causing Ryan to raise an eyebrow at her as he chuckled.

"No thanks, I've just been dragged into a "save the world" plot by five deities who seem to enjoy watching me suffer," Ryan said with a smirk as he turned to leave. "Besides, with all your powers I doubt that you would need my help. Why don't you just use your mystic talk that makes little sense on them? I'm sure that they won't be able to-" Ryan was cut off as a blast of silver hit him in the back and sent him flying into a tree. He groaned as he started to get up before silver energy grabbed him by the throat and lifted him up.

'I do not have time for your smartass bullshit!' the silver mare yelled at him as she burned with power, flying over to him so he could look her in the eyes. They were blazing with power and for the first time he was actually afraid of her, though he noticed that she didn't seem quite on the same level as the deities he had just met. 'I have just lost the one chance that I had to save my world and I am not in the mood for your typical crap! I need your help!'

"You really know how to ask, you know that?" Ryan asked with a smirk. "Seriously, lifting me by the throat after throwing me into a tree? So polite." The silver mare roared in rage as she threw him into another tree, where he hit back first and slid to the ground. "Really, you are just a prime example of etiquette right now."

'Is this all that this situation is to you?! A joke?!' she roared as she stalked towards him, the wildlife around her seeming to grow at extreme rates as her magic touched it. 'There are millions of lives at stake! Not just here but across all of the worlds and all you do is remain a smart ass! A good man just died and I could not save him, meaning that I am now down a champion and ponies have been left heartbroken! And with the end of my world coming on faster than expected I need your help!'

"So I'm a replacement then?" Ryan asked as he picked himself off the floor. "But if I recall you said that I had no chance in hell of being one of your champions, so why bother with me now? Can't you go get another champion if you're so desperate?" The silver mare began to burn with a power than he had never seen before as he braced himself for pain, before she went dark and hung her head.

'Do you think it is that easy?! To find somepony or one who can take on such power without destroying the world that needs to be saved?! Do you think I want another Hyperion?! Do you think I enjoy this?! To constantly risk destruction all on the chance that one of the heroes might be someone who can help me!?...No, I cannot. There is no more time. My reckoning is almost upon me,' she said in a quiet whisper, Ryan noticing that her glow seemed to be fading. 'Mother...sister...I have failed you.' Ryan raised an eyebrow with caution in his eyes as he looked at her barely glowing form, before he heard the faint sounds of her crying. Feeling just a bit guilty he cautiously walked over to her and sat down, waiting until she finished before he spoke.

"Alright, I'm going to cut my act but in return you need to level with me," he said in a no joking tone. "What is going on with your world? And why are you gathering up these...champions to help you?" The silver mare took in a deep breath before she stood up again, her glow returning for a moment.

'I am sorry for the outburst, it's just that...it has been so hard to remain positive in light of my recent failures,' she said softly as she walked through the forest to the edge of a cliff, where she sat down at the edge and looked over the crazy land with a sad sigh. Ryan sat down next to her, though he refrained from saying any of his usual snark. 'With the death of Victor and the knowledge that the destruction of my home is near...'

"Will you just tell me the problem already?" Ryan asked.

'When I came into existence, I had a vision,' the silver mare said as she looked off into the green sun. 'That my world would face destruction from an unstoppable foe. The only way to save my world and all the other ones that would be affected is if I gathered six champions who were worthy of a power to fight the darkness. However, after getting five of them the sixth one died in battle with Sombra while I was held off by another.'

"First question. Why not just tell the princesses or whoever runs your world the problem and get them to help?" Ryan asked, but he got the silver mare to snicker by saying that.

'I have tried, but unfortunately a vision can be interpreted different ways,' she said with a sad shake of her head. 'And it seems that Teth believes that the vision meant that I am trying to destroy the world he protects, meaning that he now hunts me as I try to complete my plan. And he has more than enough power to destroy me.'

"Second question. What do you mean your reckoning?" Ryan asked. The silver mare's response was to remove her hood so that her mane flowed down, but it also allowed Ryan to see that bits and pieces of her were missing.

'The sphere that gives me the magic that I need to remain alive was damaged in a battle with...someone far stronger than me, meaning that it is running out of power,' she said sadly as she looked over the horizon again. 'I do not know how much longer I have, but I know that it is not that long.' Ryan let out a sigh as he leaned back and looked up at the sky before he stood up and shrugged.

"Alright, I’ll help" he said, causing the silver mare to look up at with what he hoped was confusion on her emotionless face. "Once I save this world, if I can save it and if I live, then I’ll come help out. You saved my ass on a number of occasions and I always repay my debts. But first I need to help this one if I can. If you want to aid me it would be appreciated." Ryan turned and began to pick up his supplies, the silver mare getting to her hooves.

'Just like that? Are you certain that you don't need time to think about it?' she asked.

"Like I said, I repay my debts," he said as he finished packing up. "Besides, if I don't you'll probably just throw me into another tree or into the sun. Speaking of sun, what happened here? I heard from the gods something about Discord, but I have no idea who that is. You got any idea?"

'Discord is a god of chaos, though depending on the reality he can be good or evil,' the silver mare explained. 'From what I see of this world, it seems that he is evil and needs to be stopped.'

"Great. You know I never thought I would see the day were an ancient deity like yourself would ask for my help."

'I'm twenty three, not ancient.'

"The gods also said something about rescuing the princess of the night, which probably means that we have to save Luna," Ryan muttered as he climbed up a tree to see Canterlot, frowning as he saw that it was surrounded in a sphere of fire and magic. "And I am not going to be able to get through that. Any ideas."

'That I can more than help you with,' the silver mare said as she began to glow with power. 'Please remove your magical protection.' Ryan did so with a sigh, knowing what was coming. He was right as a flash of silver went off and he felt like he was being ripped apart before being reassembled. The moment it ended he found a corner of whatever room he was in to throw up, the silver mare shaking his head at Ryan as he did so. 'Again, you have the least resistance to magic I have seen.'

"Whatever, where are we?" he asked weakly as he looked around, seeing a large number of cells that went on for a while. "Oh great, in order to save the princess I had to go where she was trying to throw me. So why is she in her own dungeon if my assumption is right and that's where we are?"

'I believe that she being kept here by Discord, though I have no idea why,' the silver mare said before she looked at the roof with a bit of worry. 'We should find her quickly, I do not wish to battle with Discord again. Shall we?' Ryan nodded as he moved as silently through the cells as he could, surprised that most of them were empty until he and the mare came to the last one, where they found the princess of the night laying on her side as she stared out the window.

"Rise and shine princess," Ryan said as he hit the cell bars with his baton, causing the princess to shoot up as she turned around to face him. He noticed that she had a strange device on her horn and he assumed that was what was keeping her in the cell.

"You?" she asked with more confusion than rage, though Ryan was fully aware of the rage in her voice. "What are you doing here human? Come to gloat over seeing me like this?"

"Nah...Okay, just a bit," Ryan said as he made a face at her before looking down at the lock that he assumed was magic based. He bashed it once with his armband to get rid of any magic before he hit it a few times with his baton. When that didn't work he looked to the mare, who burned it off with a blast of fire. "Thanks, I was starting to look bad there."

"Why are you helping me and who are you talking to?" Luna asked him as she walked cautiously out of her cell. Ryan looked down at the mare and figured that she was pulling her invisibility trick, causing him to roll his eyes.

"I'm talking to an invisible pony that enjoys making me look like a fool," Ryan responded, causing Luna to raise an eyebrow at him.

'Just a bit.'

"And why I'm busting you out should be obvious," Ryan said as he aimed his baton at the metal on Luna's horn, knocking it off with a well-aimed shot. "Your world is falling to chaos and neither of us wants that. Now you can beat the crap out of me if you want or we can save your home and then you can kick the crap out of me." Luna looked at him for a moment with sheer confusion on her face before she shook her head at him.

"You are insane," she muttered.

"That is the correct answer," Ryan said with a smirk. "So, why are you the only one in a dungeon? You have a sister or did Discord not believe her to be a threat?" Luna lowered her head as Ryan said this and he bit his lip, figuring that the worse had happened.

"No, he...he has turned her to his side with his magic," Luna said with a sad sigh, which actually comforted Ryan a bit since he had thought Celestia was dead. "The reason that I am in here is because he wanted to do the same to me when he had gathered enough power to do so."

'Then we should leave,' the silver mare said to Ryan, who nodded in response.

"Alright then, we should probably leave," Ryan said to the princess, who smirked as she shook her head.

"There is no way out, Discord has placed a barrier around the city that...wait a moment, how did you get through the barrier to begin with?" Luna asked him, just now realizing what he had done. Ryan smirked at her before he jerked his thumb down to an empty space next to him.

"Remember that silver pony that you called me crazy for talking about?" Ryan asked as silver energy began to surround the both of them, causing Luna to look at the energy in shock as Ryan simply laughed at the look on her face. "Now I might be out of my mind, but I'm not hallucinating just yet. Come on, let's go beat chaos." The silver energy completely consumed the two of them at this point and they all vanished, leaving the chamber empty.

\\ //
//; ;\\

"I will admit that I have never seen anypony have that kind of reaction to magic," Luna muttered once Ryan was done emptying his stomach before she looked down at the silver mare standing next to her, not sure if she believed she was real. Luna could see her, but she felt otherworldly, like something that wasn't supposed to exist but did. "Well, now that we are out of the castle, do you have a base of operation that you can take us to? Like where you have been staying?"

"I've been living in a hole in a wall for the past months," Ryan said to her with a smile, surprising Luna. "But I do have an ally that might help us...or she might curb stomp me. We'll see how she's feeling." He turned and headed into the Everfree forest, Luna following behind him with shock at how easily he navigated the woods that confused many a pony.

'You would do well not to underestimate humans,' the silver mare said to her without moving her mouth, creeping out Luna. 'They might not all have the same magical power as you or wings like the pegasi, but they are very good at staying alive. And those are the ones without powers like yours...or greater.'

"Are you speaking of yourself?" Luna asked her as Ryan got bitten by a giant Venus flytrap. "You are not exactly a weakling either...in fact, I have no idea what you are supposed to be. You are not living, yet you live."

'Heh, if you can call this living,' the silver mare said with a shake of her head as Ryan fought his way out of the plants mouth, beating it back with his baton before he flipped Luna and the mare off. 'No, I can assure you that I am mostly dead. Only my soul lives on in this body and even then I am not certain that I am alive.'

"Can we save the am I a real boy talk for later?" Ryan asked. "Kinda have a world to save. It's not even my world and yet I'm putting more effort into this than both of you. Come on, we're nearly there." The two followed him without another word, but to Luna's surprise she found herself at a small hut in the center of the forest. Ryan raised his hand to knock before he stopped and looked back to them. "Now both of you be careful. She is very dangerous."

And with that warning he knocked on the door.